Mika @ Adelphi Theatre, London 18 October 2015

mari62

Any idea when you'll arrive and such? junior has the week before the gig off from school, so we'll be there for 3-4 days maybe...if I manage to find a hotel I can afford :doh:

I had been hoping to stay a week but just realized that the Canadian dollar is 2 to a pound so it is going to be obscenely expensive even for a short trip. :aah: Even flats are really pricey now but still looking at that option. May just end up spending 4 nights at an Earls Courtish area hotel (and one at Heathrow the night before). Anyway I think at minimum I will be in town all day from Friday through Monday.

I just spoke to the most lovely lady at the Adelphi who has moved me from second row upper circle to third row dress circle at no charge. Wish I had just rang her this morning!

Wow that is so kind of her! And yes I think you'll probably see better from there than in the back of the stalls because it looks like the dress circle starts hanging over in the middle of the rows of stalls. I saw Mika from the balcony a few years ago in Chicago and it was actually really great. Perfect view and he even spotted us dancing like mad :naughty:

I had been hoping to stay a week but just realized that the Canadian dollar is 2 to a pound so it is going to be obscenely expensive even for a short trip. :aah: Even flats are really pricey now but still looking at that option. May just end up spending 4 nights at an Earls Courtish area hotel (and one at Heathrow the night before). Anyway I think at minimum I will be in town all day from Friday through Monday.

Yeah was looking at flats as well, but it's absurd. Maybe if we pile enough people into one tho? :mf_rosetinted: Will aim for Friday - Monday as well. Now watch him add another gig on the Tuesday the second we book flights  :yes:

Yeah was looking at flats as well, but it's absurd. Maybe if we pile enough people into one tho? :mf_rosetinted: Will aim for Friday - Monday as well. Now watch him add another gig on the Tuesday the second we book flights  :yes:

I don't think I'd want to go to a second gig, especially if it's GA. There's a musical on at the Adelphi so it won't be a second night in that theatre. Definitely not queuing and no interest in standing at the back and looking at people's heads :aah: 

I don't think I'd want to go to a second gig, especially if it's GA. There's a musical on at the Adelphi so it won't be a second night in that theatre. Definitely not queuing and no interest in standing at the back and looking at people's heads :aah:

Haha yeah okay when you put it that way... <_< Friday to Monday it is  :mf_rosetinted:

I have two extra tickets which are a good position in the stalls. They're going spare because I managed to get better ones today. PM me if you're interested, I'm just looking for face value for them.

These have now been sold.

Wow, it must be very special to attend a London gig. No other announcement caused so much fuzz.

Congratulations to anyone that managed to get tickets. I'm still content with my tickets for Rochefort and Amsterdam although I get the feeling I'm missing out on something. Have fun at your reunion.

Wow, it must be very special to attend a London gig. No other announcement caused so much fuzz.

Congratulations to anyone that managed to get tickets. I'm still content with my tickets for Rochefort and Amsterdam although I get the feeling I'm missing out on something. Have fun at your reunion.

It's because London is easy to get to from other countries, so there is always a large international presence.  Plus of course there hasn't been a UK gig for nearly three years, so fans here are desperate to see him.

I'm looking forward to this very much seems like years since I've seen him! - oh wait- it Is!!!

Hopefully worth the wait ✌

Have you got tickets OK Vicky?  And you need to RSVP in the calendar section

It's because London is easy to get to from other countries, so there is always a large international presence. Plus of course there hasn't been a UK gig for nearly three years, so fans here are desperate to see him.

AND it's a gig where he speaks english! :teehee: and seated, in a lovely theatre. :wub2:

I managed to get a ticket for row c today, 2 hours after the tix went on sale. Had row b in the basket 2 times but the damn site kept crashing. :aah:

And i wonder where that aa row suddenly came from, and if it really will be there... :blink:

So did anyone get row a or aa, except for the touts?

• Like 1

AND it's a gig where he speaks english! :teehee: and seated, in a lovely theatre. :wub2:

Seriously that is a huge factor especially since it affects the setlist. I want to hear new songs from the international album. :pray: Not bonus tracks from a CD released in France which is probably what we can expect in Canada at the moment.

And yes there is no way I'd come to Europe for a non-seated gig. I don't even care what my seats are as long as I don't have to queue. Glad you got some good seats though.  :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

Row AA?  i didn't even see that.

If the stage is high you would spend the gig craning your neck up to see :naughty:

It was just on the adelphi website (the one that kept crashing every few minutes, apart from that it'd have been a fab site! :aah:), not on ticketmaster or on other seating plans i saw.

Mysti, i'm glad to hear at least some mfcers got front row. Very nice of them to give you a warning about having to look up, haha! :naughty:

Thanks Mellody. I've attended a few Mika gigs but this will be the closest I've ever been. I'm very excited. It was a complete fluke that I got those tickets today - I just checked back on the venue website at about 11.30 & there they were. I couldn't believe it! When I'd looked at 9am (on Ticketmaster because the theatre website was down) I was offered row F.

I'm also interested to see if that AA row actually materialises on the night!

Edited by mysti1990

That AA row seems to have suddenly popped up out of nowhere  :dunno: I had two B tickets in my basket, but only one made it to checkout, still grieving the loss of the other one  :(

I don't know if there's really a row AA. They may put seats in that space for some shows and not others but they are not going to change the diagram on the site from show to show. They may decide to add them later though. I had front row for a gig in Seattle and they added 3 extra rows less than 72 hours before the gig. So not only did they add all these people in front of us unexpectedly but they were total randoms who hadn't even tried to buy tickets when they first went on sale :aah:

Thanks Mellody. I've attended a few Mika gigs but this will be the closest I've ever been. I'm very excited. It was a complete fluke that I got those tickets today - I just checked back on the venue website at about 11.30 & there they were.

That happened to a friend of mine while we were chatting, long after the sale had started. The A row tickets just popped up out of nowhere and she managed to grab them. I'm so glad you got great tickets and hope you get a chance to finally meet him before or after the show. :huglove:

• Like 1

^ Good point about row AA. That addition of the extra rows sounds really unfair for those of you who were organised enough to buy your tickets early. I'm glad your friend managed to get some good tickets like I did. And thank you for the kind words :)

I have two dress circle tickets for sale .....They are row K but are pretty central... Block D/C .... Row k seats 14 and 15. Face value. PM me if interested please.

• Like 1

So. After my desperate ticket hunting I have still 6 dress circle tickets to sell. 4 for row K quite middle and 2 for row D side. Okay for average adult concert goers, imo. Just didn't want my kids to sit that far away. I have dress circle A and C (2+2) and 1 stalls seat for us now. PM me if interested in those extra (dress circle K or D) tickets. Selling them the same price I bought them, of course.

Edited by tiibet