Fan Action Plans for the Adelphi Theatre - 18.10.

Jonc

Je viens de lire vos idées! Trop génial ! Je n'ai malheureusement pas réussi à avoir un billet pour cette soirée et j'en suis très triste! Je vous encourage dans votre démarche Mika va encore une fois être heureux et c'est bien le but ! J'imagine déjà la scène, holala ! Et je vais rater ça ! Sniff ! Si quelque chose est fait à Paris le 19 septembre vous pourrez compter sur ma contribution ! 

i like the idea, i'm in! :) as for the stars, the italians made about 300 for the milan gig this month, they looked great, maybe they can give us tips how they made them?

as for the fabric/river, we did something similar at the luxemburg gig 2012 for underwater. i got some cheap fabric, and i think a belgian or dutch fan (was it lena machu?) got some as well - we don't have it anymore i think, but if you have time, you can search for cheap offers. as for the view, the buildings would obstruct the view as well, for a song (maybe just the first verse / chorus?) it's ok i think.

i don't have a lot of time, but as there are a few months left, i could certainly contribute a few things, done stuff like this before quite a few times :teehee:

• Like 1

Je viens de lire vos idées! Trop génial ! Je n'ai malheureusement pas réussi à avoir un billet pour cette soirée et j'en suis très triste! Je vous encourage dans votre démarche Mika va encore une fois être heureux et c'est bien le but ! J'imagine déjà la scène, holala ! Et je vais rater ça ! Sniff ! Si quelque chose est fait à Paris le 19 septembre vous pourrez compter sur ma contribution ! 

Les billets sont encore disponible: 

Edited by silver

Love this idea, and if you need things taken down to the theatre, I'm happy to offer the use of my van to transport them down there, so people don't have to struggle getting anything bulky there.

• Like 1

Love this idea, and if you need things taken down to the theatre, I'm happy to offer the use of my van to transport them down there, so people don't have to struggle getting anything bulky there.

That would be extremely helpful, especially as it would allow us to transport and hand out much more paper than we could carry alone- paper is heavy!! Thank you!! :D

Congratz Jonc - with a great idea for the Adelphi Theatre 18th Oct.   :thumb_yello:  I think MIKA will love it :wub: He recently said, in an interview, that the creativety of his fans is what he likes the most! :teehee:  Just make sure that the security don't destroy your plans, and all your efforts to make this happen!  I don't know how strict they are in the UK,  about what you bring with you/use  in such an intime arena, but you surely do  :wink2: Good luck with everything!!  :)

Btw, you have a really sweet drawing of MIKA & Mel - suppose you made it yourself?  :)

Love,love

me    

Congratulations should go to NeverMakeNoSense as well, we're definitely together in this 'crime'! :) But thank you, thank  you, thank you. 

Yes, I did it myself, ages ago :) Thank you again! 

Security shouldn't ne too strict, hopefully - as it's not gonna be glass or anything. But surely, writing an e-mail or going there and asking if that'll be fine for the venue is a great idea. Definitely on the 'to-do' list. 

:))

Since I won't be there, but would love to help. I would like to volunteer to make some Mika name badges. No one would need to pay me, I'll do them for whoever wants one..

They would only be made of cardboard, with Mika's name on, but I would make them look good, and make the name stand out. I wouldn't do them to look like the album cover, or anything like that. No pictures on the badges, because they would be hand made, and so it needs to be something I can do quickly. probably patterns with glitter and bright colours.

I am a jewellery maker anyway. I make jewellery for charity shops to sell for their charities, but this is a good cause also.

This would also mean that anyone who hasn't got a T-shirt, doesn't have to go to the expense of buying one, and of course, they would have a badge for future concerts.

I just need a rough idea of however many you want. Any extras can be given out to random fans.

But it's okay if any people want to make their own.

I would also need an address to send the badges to. So someone would need to pm me with their address. I can send all the badges to whoever it is, then they could hand them out.

What do you all think of that?

Btw. Talk about you is probably the best song for the city-scape. No, it's not the favourite song, but it's the one from the video of the city.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Since I won't be there, but would love to help. I would like to volunteer to make some Mika name badges. No one would need to pay me, I'll do them for whoever wants one..

They would only be made of cardboard, with Mika's name on, but I would make them look good, and make the name stand out. I wouldn't do them to look like the album cover, or anything like that. No pictures on the badges, because they would be hand made, and so it needs to be something I can do quickly. probably patterns with glitter and bright colours.

I am a jewellery maker anyway. I make jewellery for charity shops to sell for their charities, but this is a good cause also.

This would also mean that anyone who hasn't got a T-shirt, doesn't have to go to the expense of buying one, and of course, they would have a badge for future concerts.

I just need a rough idea of however many you want. Any extras can be given out to random fans.

But it's okay if any people want to make their own.

I would also need an address to send the badges to. So someone would need to pm me with their address. I can send all the badges to whoever it is, then they could hand them out.

What do you all think of that?

Btw. Talk about you is probably the best song for the city-scape. No, it's not the favourite song, but it's the one from the video of the city.

That would be incredible, thank you so much!! I can pm you my address :) I was thinking about the patterns, and the one that stands out most to me is just the "M" of Mika- it would be relatively simple to make and recognisable. What does everyone else think? As for colours and glitter, I'd just say go crazy!! Thanks again, this fandom is amazing.

That would be incredible, thank you so much!! I can pm you my address :) I was thinking about the patterns, and the one that stands out most to me is just the "M" of Mika- it would be relatively simple to make and recognisable. What does everyone else think? As for colours and glitter, I'd just say go crazy!! Thanks again, this fandom is amazing.

I was thinking about every badge being different. Everything I make as Marijoolz, is unique, and I would like to keep to that, so each badge would be unique.

They would all have Mika's name on, quite big, so the name stands out. Maybe sometimes, printed in capitals, other times more fancy, with colours and patterns. Anyone looking at the badges, would think each person had made their own, because they wouldn't look the same.

I would do different shapes as well. Probably 4 or 5 inches across (10-13 cm) and about the same in depth, but different shapes of course. They would have broach fasteners to pin to your clothes.

But I don't want to try to re-create something existing. I'd sooner just go crazy, as you've said. When I make something, my instincts tell me what to put on it, and how to make it look good. If that's okay with everyone.

How does all that sound?

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 2

I just watched the TAY video again, and it's amazing how many little details there are, that we can use for this! Colourful umbrellas. Traffic lights. Animal masks. Suitcases. Palm trees. Cactuses. Traffic signs. Or do you think we have to separate the jungle scenes from the city skyline? I think it could both work together - after all, there are also cities where you find palm trees and cactuses - and the wild animals would at least be in the zoo. :teehee:

Anyway, another idea i had, how about making big banners from fabric / bedsheets with buildings painted on them, which we could hang from the lower balconies? I think it'd look nice as the back/side of the skyline. For this, it'd be cool tho to know how high up the balconies are, so they don't hang in front of people's faces. :teehee:

That would be extremely helpful, especially as it would allow us to transport and hand out much more paper than we could carry alone- paper is heavy!! Thank you!! :D

No problem, my pleasure  :thumb_yello:

I just watched the TAY video again, and it's amazing how many little details there are, that we can use for this! Colourful umbrellas. Traffic lights. Animal masks. Suitcases. Palm trees. Cactuses. Traffic signs. Or do you think we have to separate the jungle scenes from the city skyline? I think it could both work together - after all, there are also cities where you find palm trees and cactuses - and the wild animals would at least be in the zoo. :teehee:

Anyway, another idea i had, how about making big banners from fabric / bedsheets with buildings painted on them, which we could hang from the lower balconies? I think it'd look nice as the back/side of the skyline. For this, it'd be cool tho to know how high up the balconies are, so they don't hang in front of people's faces. :teehee:

I don't think they would be hanging in people's faces ( unless some people were extremely tall!) but I guess you would need MFCers on the front row of each balcony. It might be a bit much to ask random people to hang a sheet. :)

I don't think they would be hanging in people's faces ( unless some people were extremely tall!) but I guess you would need MFCers on the front row of each balcony. It might be a bit much to ask random people to hang a sheet. :)

That is true... But I guess if we have assigned seats and are allowed in early, we just need a couple of people in each section to hang them before it starts, although I guess the banners wpuldn't really be a surprise then.

I had thought about the trees. They are in the 2nd verse on the video. So the idea I have is. Everyone with the city and sky, hold them up for the whole song, then anyone with the palm trees and cacti, hold them up as he sings, "Walk through the jungle at the start of the 2nd verse. I think that would have a big impact. He's got the buildings and the sky, then suddenly the trees appear among them.

That's a good idea about hanging stuff from the balcony. That would be an ideal place for The London Eye and if you want to include The Shard, that would be good for that building too. The people sitting on the front row could just hold the sheets there for the song, so as not to spoil the surprise. But as you said, the material couldn't hang down too far. The rail of the balcony should be about 4ft high, so if the material is no longer than, say, 5ft, it shouldn't impact on the people below. 

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 1

I was thinking about every badge being different. Everything I make as Marijoolz, is unique, and I would like to keep to that, so each badge would be unique.

They would all have Mika's name on, quite big, so the name stands out. Maybe sometimes, printed in capitals, other times more fancy, with colours and patterns. Anyone looking at the badges, would think each person had made their own, because they wouldn't look the same.

I would do different shapes as well. Probably 4 or 5 inches across (10-13 cm) and about the same in depth, but different shapes of course. They would have broach fasteners to pin to your clothes.

But I don't want to try to re-create something existing. I'd sooner just go crazy, as you've said. When I make something, my instincts tell me what to put on it, and how to make it look good. If that's okay with everyone.

How does all that sound?

Of course it's OK, it's amazing that you've offered to so something like this!! Just go with your intincts, your ideas all sound great. With different shapes and colours these badges would really be an incredible spectacle :D

So, to do list so far:

-Check out Adelphi theatre for possible banner hanging, and to see what it might look like from the stage.

-Email theatre to ask if big buildings etc would be ok to take in.

Possible flash mob/meet up organisation.

-Preliminary designs for shapes to hold up.

-Check how much printing off 300-500 sheets of coloured A3 to hand out would cost.

Any more?

• Like 1

Of course it's OK, it's amazing that you've offered to so something like this!! Just go with your intincts, your ideas all sound great. With different shapes and colours these badges would really be an incredible spectacle :D

Okay then. I'll need to know how many to do. But there is plenty of time to do them.

Then I'll need the address to send them to.

It all sounds so exciting. If you do decide to hang the banners before the gig, Mika will just think, that's all there is going to be, then he'll get his big surprise when everything else pops up during the song. Someone will have to video the event, and, hopefully also, the flash mob. Then it can go onto YT,and everyone will know UK loves Mika!

• Like 2

So, to do list so far:

-Check out Adelphi theatre for possible banner hanging, and to see what it might look like from the stage.

-Check how much printing off 300-500 sheets of coloured A3 to hand out would cost.

Any more?

Yes, this is exactly the to do list for now, thank you for writing that down. I'll start doing things soon, just The next two weeks are busy for me at work.

Basically can't wait to grab a pencil and start designing.

Edited by Jonc

A3 paper is quite big.  How do you intend to make the buildings etc rigid enough to hold up?

I did wonder that myself. Maybe they would have to be made with a heavier card.

And what type of paint/colour will be used on them? Will Mika be able to see them further back in the dark?

I did wonder that myself. Maybe they would have to be made with a heavier card.

And what type of paint/colour will be used on them? Will Mika be able to see them further back in the dark?

Luminous paint would be the way to go, I would think, on A3 card, not sure what the thickest you can get is.

Wow, this idea really has taken off, hasn't it? I think it's great, the original idea of the buildings, but as Mika himself has said, the simpler you can keep things the better.

Coming back to some previous topics:
Well, we definitely have to go out of this topic and MFC to spread the word - we'll need to ask some fanpages, maybe the main site of MFC could help us to spread the word as well? If we could reach the mother fanpage on facebook, that would probably help very much but I am afraid it would spoil the surprise for Mika as well.
And making extra props is... Well, probably essential. The thing is, the easiest way would be to print like 500 copies or something, but there's a cost. I study at UAL, I think they do that, massive printing, but I have to check the prices! :)

What do you guys think? Should we collect the money or just rather make extra ourselves?

That is a very good idea! Thank you for the advice! 

This sounds beautiful as well! I wouldn't mind doing the plan, to be honest, I was thinking about going to Adelphi and begging them just to show me how the venue looks like, but I don't think they'll let me c: So, yeah - I can draw the plan more or less, however, I think it'll all happen randomly - I mean, I don't know how many fans we can drag into the action so it could be as organised to follow the plan - and the river, I love it so much, this idea, but I don't know how to make a whole row into this, it would need to find all of the fans from one row and make someone to bring the blue fabric (costs ;c). I am also afraid, that there might people who want to quietly enjoy Mika's music and maybe they'll feel insecure or annoyed with the fabric? I am always being paranoid about making someone feel offended. 

About walking around the city and the flashmobs - why not! What do you guys think? 

Jonc, I'm not sure what you mean by "the main site of MFC"? This whole site is the Mika Fan Club. :dunno: Do you mean posting something on the front page? I don't think that will help much. The people you want to reach are the people going to the show - so you might want to post about this in the gig thread and send people over here to this one. But just once, please don't spam the thread. :wink2:

Also, I know you're fairly new to MFC, so maybe you don't realize that MFC is actually owned by Mika and that we work closely with Mika's management -- so getting them to post about it on Mika's Facebook page is not a problem, if everyone decides that we ought to do that. I wouldn't worry about it spoiling the surprise for Mika.  I don't know about getting other fan pages involved. I think a lot of fans who belong to other fan sites also belong here, so they could probably help spread the word that way.

There are already 70 MFCers who have RSVP'd to this show, and I'm sure there are many others who haven't yet. I'd expect there to be at least 100 of us, so the cityscape should have quite an impact just with us alone. :thumb_yello:

All these ideas are amazing. The flash mob would probably be most effective near to the venue, with the highest concentration of Mika fans. Also it would be a great idea to meet up and try and squeeze a bit of organisation into how it's going to look from the stage or distribute spare copies. we could also sneakily invite facebook users etc to the flashmob and promote it publically, but not mention that it is also part of the cityscape organisation to not reveal the surprise.
Most probably the spectacke will look pretty chaotic anyway, and even if we try our best it would be almost impossible to get 100% of people involved and choreographed. This might mean that a river would have to be handed out directly to the row just before the show. Anyway, as long as we get a good variety of buildings etc it will look amazing- what city is neat anyway?? :)

I have to be honest -- I'm not keen on the idea of a flashmob. For it to be really effective you need lots of people and lots of rehearsal. I don't think you're going to have enough of either to make any kind of an effect. I think it would be better to concentrate your time and energies on your original idea. Just my opinion.

Yes, I agree with that. That's the only song it will make sense on. :original:

So, to do list so far:
Any more?

If the theater has a problem with the banners or buildings, I can ask Mika's team if they can sort something out.

I may also have some other things that will help you out with this plan, but I'll know more for sure after this weekend. :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

A3 paper is quite big.  How do you intend to make the buildings etc rigid enough to hold up?

A3 is just one size bigger than A4, which I find quite small - but I do understand the concern. I think A3 is not that huge, and A4 could be not very visible further in the back :) 

About how rigid they'll be, it depends on a paper on which they are gonna be printed - and that is to be researched. But I believe that maybe the thickness of paper which they use for a good flyer could be alright? If not, there's always a way to support them from the back with a piece of cardboard of thin wood panel. 

Luminous paint would be the way to go, I would think, on A3 card, not sure what the thickest you can get is.

Luminous paint would be amazing, but we were thinking about printing 300 pieces at least, and I am afraid that we'll never be able to make as much with our own hands :C I am not sure if they print with luminous paints or anything similiar but that'll probably cost zillions of pounds. :C 

Wow, this idea really has taken off, hasn't it? I think it's great, the original idea of the buildings, but as Mika himself has said, the simpler you can keep things the better.

Jonc, I'm not sure what you mean by "the main site of MFC"? This whole site is the Mika Fan Club. :dunno: Do you mean posting something on the front page? I don't think that will help much. The people you want to reach are the people going to the show - so you might want to post about this in the gig thread and send people over here to this one. But just once, please don't spam the thread. :wink2:

Also, I know you're fairly new to MFC, so maybe you don't realize that MFC is actually owned by Mika and that we work closely with Mika's management -- so getting them to post about it on Mika's Facebook page is not a problem, if everyone decides that we ought to do that. I wouldn't worry about it spoiling the surprise for Mika.  I don't know about getting other fan pages involved. I think a lot of fans who belong to other fan sites also belong here, so they could probably help spread the word that way.

There are already 70 MFCers who have RSVP'd to this show, and I'm sure there are many others who haven't yet. I'd expect there to be at least 100 of us, so the cityscape should have quite an impact just with us alone. :thumb_yello:

I have to be honest -- I'm not keen on the idea of a flashmob. For it to be really effective you need lots of people and lots of rehearsal. I don't think you're going to have enough of either to make any kind of an effect. I think it would be better to concentrate your time and energies on your original idea. Just my opinion.

Yes, I agree with that. That's the only song it will make sense on. :original:

If the theater has a problem with the banners or buildings, I can ask Mika's team if they can sort something out.

I may also have some other things that will help you out with this plan, but I'll know more for sure after this weekend. :thumb_yello:

Thank you very much for your post, now I see that I was a bit silly ^^'' I think, yes, if we all agree, because as you said, I'm new and lowest in the rank, probably, then if you could kindly ask the Mika's fanpage managment to help us spread the word, this is, I think, the best way to get to most of the fans and help us a lot :) 

But we still need to clarify what we're gonna do and how we're gonna do it, so it is probably too early. Thank you for all the advices, the expierence you have helps us a lot! c:

Also, asking the theatre would take off a lot of stress with risking failing the action from the very beggining, and that means just not being able to come in with the buildings and etc. ^^

And in general - yes - we should keep that as simple as possible, because the more details are possible to fail, the more we have the risk to fail all the action. 

Edited by Jonc
  • Like 1

So, to do list so far:

Any more?

I've seen your message and got your address written down now. So it's all systems go.

• Like 1