Fan Action Plans for the Adelphi Theatre - 18.10.

Jonc

i'd create some unique buildings/items, so they don't all look the same. count me in for 20, maybe more if necessary.

as for printing, i could print a4 sheets if that helps, maybe that'd be ok for the stars? we have a laser printer, so printing about 100 or so isn't a problem - just the colours aren't really bright and beautiful, as they are on an inkjet printer. dunno what your plans are and if a4 printing makes sense at all, but let me know if you need it.

Great, thank you! :) Don't worry about the A4- of course, ideally, we'd like most things to be bigger so that they can be seen from the stage, but it would work great for stars and other smaller items with recognisable shapes. Same goes for the colour, because even with low lighting, light colours like yellow should (hopefully) be OK... but we'll update you on this when we figure out what's gonna happen with house lights (if those come on) and/or luminous paint and glitter. We could always quickly embellish some of them with a glitter pen or something :) Thanks again!!

• Like 2

I've been keeping an eye on the thread. Just posted to let you all know that the badges are coming along well. I do them in-between my other work. I'm aiming to do about 50 altogether, for people to pin to their clothes if they don't have anything with Mika's name on, to wear. They are all different, so they will look as though everyone made their own.

Good luck with everything you are all doing.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 2

I've been keeping an eye on the thread. Just posted to let you all know that the badges are coming along well. I do them in-between my other work. I'm aiming to do about 50 altogether, for people to pin to their clothes if they don't have anything with Mika's name on, to wear. They are all different, so they will look as though everyone made their own.

Good luck with everything you are all doing.

:) How clever you are!!  :wub:  Can we see a pic of these handmade badges when they're ready !? :wink2:   It sounds totally nice and kind,  to make - and give away - such small, and surely very beautiful, MIKA treasures - for his fans to wear at this special gig in London ... :wub:

Love,love

me

Love,love

me

:) How clever you are!!  :wub:  Can we see a pic of these handmade badges when they're ready !? :wink2:   It sounds totally nice and kind,  to make - and give away - such small, and surely very beautiful, MIKA treasures - for his fans to wear at this special gig in London ... :wub:

Love,love

me

Love,love

me

I'm fantastic at crafts. I can even teach crafts, but what I can't do is use technology. It's hard for me to do even the simplest things on a computer. Someone would have to tell me how to post the pictures. My son could take the pictures with his digital camera. How many can be posted on here?

I'd need advice.

In my opinion all ideas are very good!!! At the moment I've no time to do anything...but in august/september I'll help you to create whatever you need if you want..
It will be amazing!  :thumb_yello:

I am so so so sorry for late reply and lack of commitment, they increased my hours for a week at work and it was hard to find some free time!

Okay, guys - should we do the lists then?

I think we might need three:

1. People who want to design the pieces (for printing or copying by hand)

2. People who want to make the spare pieces.

3. People who want to print some spare pieces or chip in.

I think, if you want, you can be on all of the lists, because this is what I want to do - I want to design, to make some spare pieces and print some as well, to make the biggest amount as I can.

You can message me or sign here, all take care of managing the lists. ;)

Did yoy find a printer yet?

If it helps, I can look up the ones I used for previous poject.

Edited by RAK1
  • Like 1

I am so so so sorry for late reply and lack of commitment, they increased my hours for a week at work and it was hard to find some free time!

Okay, guys - should we do the lists then?

I think we might need three:

1. People who want to design the pieces (for printing or copying by hand)

2. People who want to make the spare pieces.

3. People who want to print some spare pieces or chip in.

I think, if you want, you can be on all of the lists, because this is what I want to do - I want to design, to make some spare pieces and print some as well, to make the biggest amount as I can.

You can message me or sign here, all take care of managing the lists. ;)

I'm also desperately sorry for not replying much atm- I'm abroad, and wifi spots are few and far between. For the month of august, however, I'll be in London, available, and I will really concentrate on this project.

Jonc, you can count me in for all three lists as well :)

It's so great to see all the responses here, this fandom is amazing!!

• Like 1

If  you're interested, I have about 100 stars leftover from the Good Morning America show a few weeks ago. They are about 10 inches wide (a little bigger than your hand spread out wide) on sturdy yellow card stock, and are printed with the NPIH album cover on one side. I could, if you want, paint them with fluorescent paint on the other side. If you've seen any of the videos from the GMA show, you'll see how they looked, at least in daylight. :original:

If  you're interested, I have about 100 stars leftover from the Good Morning America show a few weeks ago. They are about 10 inches wide (a little bigger than your hand spread out wide) on sturdy yellow card stock, and are printed with the NPIH album cover on one side. I could, if you want, paint them with fluorescent paint on the other side. If you've seen any of the videos from the GMA show, you'll see how they looked, at least in daylight. :original:

I'm not the one to decide, but i think it's a fab idea to use those stars - and 100 will certainly be enough. :)

Mika is going to be so thrilled!

As well as the badges, I'm thinking about making a gift for him. Something glittery but simple, saying something like, "Thank you Mika! UK loves you." It would have to be something easy to give, like something on A4 card, presented to him in a clear plastic envelope and everyone could sign it (you could also use the back of it for signatures and short messages so more people could sign it) He takes the time to give us all autographs, why not give him ours and our messages? I'll sign my name and write my short message before I send it.

The messages would have to be short, so there's more room for others.

What does everyone think of that?

As well as the badges, I'm thinking about making a gift for him. Something glittery but simple, saying something like, "Thank you Mika! UK loves you." It would have to be something easy to give, like something on A4 card, presented to him in a clear plastic envelope and everyone could sign it (you could also use the back of it for signatures and short messages so more people could sign it) He takes the time to give us all autographs, why not give him ours and our messages? I'll sign my name and write my short message before I send it.

That sounds like a lovely idea Marilyn :thumb_yello:

That sounds like a lovely idea Marilyn :thumb_yello:

Actually, I've had another think about it. I've realised it would be better to make a kind of book. The back and front made of A4 card, then a few blank pages inside, for people to write their names and messages. This would mean there would be more room for the names and messages.

I'll probably send it separate to the badges, to the same address and then it can be taken to London for the gig, and presented to Mika at the m&g afterwards.

How does that seem to everyone?

• Like 3

I like so much this idea!  :thumb_yello: It could be nice make a kind of book...I'm sure Mika will appreciate this so much...and this, in my opinion, is a good way to make him feel loved by his fans, especially by UK fans!  :yes:

• Like 1

:) It's a joy to follow all your creative ideas,  and work,  to give MIKA the best possible feeling,  during his next London gig! :wub:   Good luck everybody, with all your preparations!!  :hug: 

Love,love

me 

:) It's a joy to follow all your creative ideas,  and work,  to give MIKA the best possible feeling,  during his next London gig! :wub:   Good luck everybody, with all your preparations!!  :hug:

Love,love

me 

We want it to be really memorable for him, so he knows we still want him and still love him, despite the poor efforts of his record company.

That would be splendid! It would heeeelp a lot! I think that it is great. If that's not a problem for you, then I think we would love to get them for the action! :) Thank you!!! 

Edited by Jonc

Did yoy find a printer yet?

If it helps, I can look up the ones I used for previous poject.

If it is only about 20 copies, then I can easily go anywhere in London, I think on my Uni it would be possible as well. They probably could help me with massive amount printing as well, but it's summer holidays and I have no one to help me from the tutors. 

But if you could look up as well, that'll probably be unspeakable help for everyone. Thank you for offering your assistance <3

If it is only about 20 copies, then I can easily go anywhere in London, I think on my Uni it would be possible as well. They probably could help me with massive amount printing as well, but it's summer holidays and I have no one to help me from the tutors. 

But if you could look up as well, that'll probably be unspeakable help for everyone. Thank you for offering your assistance <3

Have you tried Vistaprint, they do poster size prints.

http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/category/signs-and-banners.aspx?txi=17050&xnid=TopNav_Signs+%26+Posters&xnav=TopNav

Edited by RAK1

Actually, I've had another think about it. I've realised it would be better to make a kind of book. The back and front made of A4 card, then a few blank pages inside, for people to write their names and messages. This would mean there would be more room for the names and messages.

I'll probably send it separate to the badges, to the same address and then it can be taken to London for the gig, and presented to Mika at the m&g afterwards.

That's two wonderful idea. Do you want to create a book? You can do it by some photo pages. Maybe with the MFC-logo. I don't know. Maybe my Idea is daft. 

That's two wonderful idea. Do you want to create a book? You can do it by some photo pages. Maybe with the MFC-logo. I don't know. Maybe my Idea is daft. 

I'm only thinking of something simplistic. Card back and front, and a few blank pages for messages. Our printer doesn't work anyway, and I'm not confident using technology anyway. It will all be hand made.

The MFC puts out yearbooks and does birthday projects. This is separate from what I'm doing. I don't go in for the birthday projects on here, as it usually entails doing something on the computer. I've make a plaque for his birthday and I'm making a card. I send them to the address in London. That's better for me.

So it won't have the MFC logo. It will be quite simple, but beautiful for Mika to keep.

The badges are also handmade and hand decorated, all with Mika's name on too. 

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

I'm only thinking of something simplistic. Card back and front, and a few blank pages for messages. Our printer doesn't work anyway, and I'm not confident using technology anyway. It will all be hand made.

The MFC puts out yearbooks and does birthday projects. This is separate from what I'm doing. I don't go in for the birthday projects on here, as it usually entails doing something on the computer. I've make a plaque for his birthday and I'm making a card. I send them to the address in London. That's better for me.

So it won't have the MFC logo. It will be quite simple, but beautiful for Mika to keep.

The badges are also handmade and hand decorated, all with Mika's name on too. 

Oh I'm sorry. apology. 

It's okay. No need to apologise.

I've made all the badges now. I just have to put the fasteners on them and then they can be sent to the address.

Then I'll concentrate on the book.

Fantastic! 

(if you're interested, Jonc and I are also looking to do a book project to hand to Mika at the Adelphi, a sort of illustrated NPiH. Perhaps we could add a fan autograph section to that?? Anyway, it's just an idea, the link is here if you want to have a look http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/32012-no-place-in-heaven-illustrated/#entry4009671 Thanksagain for the badge work :) )