Fan Action Plans for the Adelphi Theatre - 18.10.

Jonc

OK guys, I'm starting to play around with making these models, and I'm gonna go ahead and claim the Sun :) I attached a pic of a paper cutout as an initial design, but I'm hoping the real model will be much larger and colourful- in oranges and yellows. What do you think?

post-21564-0-59742700-1438069421_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Fantastic! 

(if you're interested, Jonc and I are also looking to do a book project to hand to Mika at the Adelphi, a sort of illustrated NPiH. Perhaps we could add a fan autograph section to that?? Anyway, it's just an idea, the link is here if you want to have a look http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/32012-no-place-in-heaven-illustrated/#entry4009671 Thanksagain for the badge work :) )

A good idea would be for everyone who draws something, to sign it, then have some blank pages for other fans' messages and signatures.

I won't do a book then. If you have decided to do one it's pointless to have two to give to Mika on the night. I'd like to draw something inspired by a song from NPIH and send it in to you. But it would have to be hand drawn from me, not printed. On a sheet of A4 paper that you can add to the book. My printer doesn't work. We've never been able to get a printer that works for us. Maybe we don't install it right, I don't know, but Alan and I can't use technology.

Anyway, let me know if that's okay.

A good idea would be for everyone who draws something, to sign it, then have some blank pages for other fans' messages and signatures.

I won't do a book then. If you have decided to do one it's pointless to have two to give to Mika on the night. I'd like to draw something inspired by a song from NPIH and send it in to you. But it would have to be hand drawn from me, not printed. On a sheet of A4 paper that you can add to the book. My printer doesn't work. We've never been able to get a printer that works for us. Maybe we don't install it right, I don't know, but Alan and I can't use technology.

Anyway, let me know if that's okay.

That's fine, I think quite a few of the entries will be sent by mail anyway.

OK guys, I'm starting to play around with making these models, and I'm gonna go ahead and claim the Sun :) I attached a pic of a paper cutout as an initial design, but I'm hoping the real model will be much larger and colourful- in oranges and yellows. What do you think?

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender (1).jpg

I really like it!

That's fine, I think quite a few of the entries will be sent by mail anyway.

Great! Then that's what I'll do.

An artbook based on NPIH is a better idea than mine anyway. I think Mika will love it.

One piece of advice however. It would be a good idea for everyone who is going to draw something based on a song from the album, to say, on here, what song they will illustrate, otherwise, you may get 20 Staring At The Sun and nothing else. So to have a balence, I think you need to know, upfront, who's doing what, or, if there's too many of one song, who would be willing to do another song. If you see what I mean.

I have an idea for a piece of art, based on Hurts. If that's okay, that's what I will draw.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 1

I'm back here to tell you that I'm sending the badges off today. First class, so they will be there soon.

amazing. I'm starting to sort out lists for the book project, and I've made the first cardboard cutout to wave around. I'll let you know when they arrive, and I'm very excited to see them!

amazing. I'm starting to sort out lists for the book project, and I've made the first cardboard cutout to wave around. I'll let you know when they arrive, and I'm very excited to see them!

I sent them yesterday. Standard First Class, so they will be with you soon. I also included my email address if you want to use it.

I really love your idea of a NPIH artbook. I'm sure Mika will be thrilled. As I said, I've thought of something for the song Hurts, so I hope that's okay.

I sent them yesterday. Standard First Class, so they will be with you soon. I also included my email address if you want to use it.

I really love your idea of a NPIH artbook. I'm sure Mika will be thrilled. As I said, I've thought of something for the song Hurts, so I hope that's okay.

I'm glad you like the idea. A drawing for Hurts would be great!

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to comment each one of you for the work you guys have put in !!! I'm 100% confident that Mika will LOVE it !! \

I wish I could've helped but I'm in Australia. But once again, I'm so proud of you all and this is exactly why I love this fandom <3

• Like 2

I actually want to ask about the dimensions of the drawing?

Are the pages in the book, going to be A4?

I was thinking of using plain paper, A4 size for my drawing.

Is that right?

Sounds perfect, we've established that the book is going to be slightly bigger than A4 so that would fit great.

i know from previous projects that some mfcers are very generous when it comes to funding fan actions like this. so we could make two lists, one of mfcers who would draw, one with mfcers who'd each chip in 5 pounds or more for the printing costs. so we could do both. ;)

I am so so so sorry for late reply and lack of commitment, they increased my hours for a week at work and it was hard to find some free time!

Okay, guys - should we do the lists then? 

I think we might need three:

1. People who want to design the pieces (for printing or copying by hand)

2. People who want to make the spare pieces.

3. People who want to print some spare pieces or chip in.

I think, if you want, you can be on all of the lists, because this is what I want to do - I want to design, to make some spare pieces and print some as well, to make the biggest amount as I can. 

You can message me or sign here, all take care of managing the lists. ;)

I just wanted to say that I get nervous whenever we start talking about collecting money on MFC. We need to protect the fans -- don't want anyone getting ripped off, for one thing, and don't want anyone to be accused of anything if something goes wrong and money gets lost or misspent. I'm not really sure that we're going to need any extra funds, but if we do, I'd like them to be channeled through me or one of the other moderators. I'm actually willing to do it, as I have a Paypal account already set up for the MFC, and we also have some money in it that we've collected from our cafepress and zazzle.com sales.

But I'd say let's wait and see what our actual needs are going to be before we start throwing money at this project. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

You beautiful and loyal Mika fans! I am in awe of all the amazing ideas and effort put into a variety of fan projects I've seen since joining last year. The way you all come together as a community is heartwarming and the quality of work is lovely. I just wanted to give you all a big pat on the back for being wonderful people and fans! :clap:

You beautiful and loyal Mika fans! I am in awe of all the amazing ideas and effort put into a variety of fan projects I've seen since joining last year. The way you all come together as a community is heartwarming and the quality of work is lovely. I just wanted to give you all a big pat on the back for being wonderful people and fans! :clap:

We are all so incredibly proud of our own Good Guy, and a bold man such as he is, is bound to attract the most awesome fans.

It's a privilege for each of us to have discovered Mika and it's wonderful that we can find these things to do for him, to show him our love.

He said the setting will change during the show. It fits to TAY, so i think it's fine. ;) i could imagine that from this destroyed place there's a new city built during the show - and to that it would fit VERY well.

• Like 1

Yes, it arrived this morning :) looking good!

I'm glad about that. I'm not a great artist, but I hope I've captured the vibe of the song. I was thinking of the drawings in the SFS artbook when I did it, because that's the kind of artwork Mika seems to like. So I hope he'll like what I came up with. 

• Like 1

I just wanted to say that I get nervous whenever we start talking about collecting money on MFC. We need to protect the fans -- don't want anyone getting ripped off, for one thing, and don't want anyone to be accused of anything if something goes wrong and money gets lost or misspent. I'm not really sure that we're going to need any extra funds, but if we do, I'd like them to be channeled through me or one of the other moderators. I'm actually willing to do it, as I have a Paypal account already set up for the MFC, and we also have some money in it that we've collected from our cafepress and zazzle.com sales.

But I'd say let's wait and see what our actual needs are going to be before we start throwing money at this project. :thumb_yello:

You're right, I totally understand your concerns! 

I am really sorry for my absence here, I just got sucked into the routine of my life lately. 

So, yes - actually collecting money will be very difficult. Therefore this is rather just an idea, because if people will make the pieces or print them on their own, there's no need for someone to take the money and use them. 

Alright! I am cracking on designing the buildings and other goodies, I will show the results soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I was looking for a noble soul who can sum up all the fan actions we are preparing for London, maybe we can update the first page.

I was reading about the Book project.

Is the project of the building still "on air"?

Tks in advance :mf_rosetinted:

• Like 2