Fan Action Plans for the Adelphi Theatre - 18.10.

Jonc

I'm hoping the get some photos (and maybe videos) to use for this project whilst everyone is together and we have props!!

Let me know on the project page if you're interested so that I can arrange to find you on the night.

Thanks.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/32004-talk-about-you-fan-video-possible-birthday-gift-add-on/page-2#entry4024502

Edited by vixenbbw

As I've never really followed the thread, I have to quote this post:

Hi!

I was looking for a noble soul who can sum up all the fan actions we are preparing for London, maybe we can update the first page.

I was reading about the Book project.

Is the project of the building still "on air"?

Tks in advance :mf_rosetinted:

Is the fan project still happening? And what do we do?

As I've never really followed the thread, I have to quote this post:

Is the fan project still happening? And what do we do?

Well, I hope it's still happening. Not sure where the girls who were coordinating it have gotten to, or how far along they are. :dunno:

I've contacted the theater to find out about bringing the posters/banners in -- they are checking and will have someone get back to me by the end of this week.

We were talking about this in Madrid and wondering how far along it had come.  Not very far by the looks of it.  :dunno:

I do hope it's still going to happen as it was such a good idea.  At this stage we'd really need to have things moving along.

We were talking about this in Madrid and wondering how far along it had come.  Not very far by the looks of it.   :dunno:

I do hope it's still going to happen as it was such a good idea.  At this stage we'd really need to have things moving along.

I've PM'd both girls, perhaps I'll try emailing. It's really close and you're right -- things should be coming together now. I leave for London a week from tomorrow! :excite:

I did 50 badges and a picture for the book. I hope everyone's efforts are coming along well.

I bought some coloured paper, that i'll turn into houses. It's easier/faster than drawing to just cut out the windows and glue them on. Got some cardboard as well, that i'll draw on if i have time, but not sure if i will have enough time to do that. I'll certainly bring some houses tho (at least 20, but will try to do up to 50 if i can), and deb will bring the stars iirc, you got the buttons, so we have at least that. Maybe some others can do more houses?

I think the first post should be updated with instructions and heads up or people will get lost and do zero. 

Like me..... :unsure:

I guess deb wants to wait whether the girls who wanted to organize this answer. If they don't, we'll have to take over. Ofc we shouldn't wait too long, as the gig is so soon now...

Silver, i'm doing my houses in a3, but i'm sure a4 is ok, too. If the organizers haven't prepared anything and we can't find enough ppl who want to do it, we'll have to print a4 sheets anyway to get a decent amount. I could print a bunch, maybe 50 or 100... and maybe you could scan your a4 houses for that, so they can be reprinted? :dunno:

Earlier this week I contacted the theater to find out if there would be a problem with hanging banners and bringing the large-size posterboards, etc. in.

I finally got an email back from someone yesterday:

"I have just managed to speak to the producers of the show and due to the space in the theatre the banners will not be welcome. Some of the theatre levels have restrictions on heights and would potentially obstruct the view from people seating behind you as the stage is not  very high either."

:(

So... I don't know where that leaves us. :dunno: Perhaps, given this, and the fact that the girls who were spearheading this idea have disappeared, and that time is so short now, we need to rethink this. I do have the stars, Karin, I will bring those, as they won't block someone's view the way a big poster might. Do we want to do more stars? Or maybe we should drop the idea and let Mika see our happy, smiling faces as our fan action? :naughty:

Hello,
Guys, I am really sorry for my absence. I was putting this duty away and away and couple of weeks ago, my life became very complicated, I had to struggle with a lot of stress, and my situation was not sorted out until yesterday - and this is when I realised, how late it is with the action! 

I do apologize, I feel terrible and childlish, because I know I should've taken responsibility ages ago - I just got overwhelmed by everything. :)

If the banners are banned, I was wondering, if we should find just one object, very symbolic, like the stars, but something new. Something which will just unite the fans and what they will be able to bring along easily. 

I was thinking - maybe artificial flowers? You can find them in pound land, for example.

But do you think it is possible still to bring the buildings and the other pieces of cityscape if they'll be the size of A4? A3 is not very big either. 

• Like 1

There are other simple symbols like - sunflower, the golden letter M. 
Or everybody could hold a sun on Staring at the Sun?

Other abstract idea is holding a spoon in the right moment of the lyrics on All She Wants, because this what everybody could get and the fact, it is really just a soon appeals to me, it would a bit bizarre and funny I guess? But it might be a little bit too odd. 

Edited by Jonc

I was thinking - maybe artificial flowers? You can find them in pound land, for example.

They did it in Milan, but only the very first rows had flowers, so it's something he already saw, but it wasn't massive

There are other simple symbols like - sunflower, the golden letter M. 

Or everybody could hold a sun on Staring at the Sun?

Other abstract idea is holding a spoon in the right moment of the lyrics on All She Wants, because this what everybody could get and the fact, it is really just a soon appeals to me, it would a bit bizarre and funny I guess? But it might be a little bit too odd. 

:floor:   :floor:   :floor:

A spoon!  It is funny and I like this idea!   :lmfao:

Cons: I don't think EasyJet would allow people to bring it    :plane:

Pros: I'm pretty sure there are different ways to get a spoon in London.  :ph34r: (Flash news *** mysterious thief is sacking pubs and restaurants in London***) :biggrin2:

Cons: I'm not sure he's going to sing it   :dunno:

Edited by Elwendin
  • Like 1

I think we should go on with the original idea, but do everything in a4. Maybe a few items in a3, in the back, so they can be seen better. I'm sure the theatre just refers to banners hanging from the balcony. Besides, we don't have time to start a new discussion about what to do.

Jonc, he doesn't sing all she wants, at least he didn't so far.

Besides the houses and the stars, what else do we need for talk about you? I think the victory sign he tweeted about yesterday comes up during TAY as well, so that could be another option, maybe for the upper circle? So it'd be stalls houses, dress circle stars and upper circle the victory sign? :dunno:

If we'll do the original idea, then I can design at least 10 different objects to print on Sunday/Monday and I'll print some of those myself as well, I guess I can spend like... 40 pounds? on printing in my uni, so if A4 sheet costs me 25p there'll be a nice amount to start with. 

Upper Circle could be also clouds and we can do a single moon, A3 size, for someone random to hold it, someone who'll volunteer? But I like the victory sign a lot. I can just adjust that to fit on A4 page, ready to print. 

So -

- stalls - houses and buldings

- dress circle - stars 

- upper circle - victory sign and clouds if we agree on those. 

Shame he doesn't sing All She Wants, not only the spoons wouldn't work out, but I just love this song so much :c

Edited by Jonc
  • Like 1

I will try and make some a4 buildings out of cardboard to hand out in the stalls, i think as long as most people have something it will look ok, i can probably make around 15 A4 buildings to hand out, it will look lovely if everyone here tries to make a few and then hand them out. 

• Like 2

I tried out a few things today - got the idea for the white houses with the coloured windows from the cover of the paper i bought - apparently they knew what i'd need it for! :lmfao: the victory hand is just a draft... thinking about it, i'm not sure it can be recognized from the stage, if it's in the upper circle... :dunno: but the clouds are a fab idea jonc! And so easy to make, just with white paper. We had some in luxemburg for npih.

Sabine and littlelady have a bunch of houses ready, i'll make more tomorrow and on wednesday. Isabellarosie and silver also wanted to make some, maybe some others too? and maybe those who prefer cutting to glueing/drawing can take care of the clouds? And then if jonc designs and prints some more houses, i think we'll have enough to create a fantastic effect. :thumb_yello: jonc, let me know if you want me to print some as well, if you post the designs here, i can print them on wednesday - 50x or maybe more.

20151010_203844.jpg

• Like 2