Fan Action Plans for the Adelphi Theatre - 18.10.

Jonc

I got asked to tell you another idea for the finale, what do you think about showing him Din A 4 Posters or flags of our countries with the word " Thanks," in all our languages before he leaves the stage? So the British People their flag, the Italians their, the German´s their.......... or even a simple paper with the word in all our languages?

LOVE this so much, it's so much MFC :thumb_yello:  :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:  :thumb_yello:  

I got asked to tell you another idea for the finale, what do you think about showing him Din A 4 Posters or flags of our countries with the word " Thanks," in all our languages before he leaves the stage? So the British People their flag, the Italians their, the German´s their.......... or even a simple paper with the word in all our languages?

Oooooh, I guess I might be the only Polish flag in the audience, that would be COOL! :) 

And the Irish with theirs ....... :wink2:

Brilliant idea! :thumb_yello:

Last time I saw the show he used the sign to show "two". During Relax?? It wasn't during TAY anymore.

Maybe in that case we should just use clouds, and not the sign. Like i said, i'm not even sure it can be recognized in the upper circle from the stage... and we don't have a printable template for it yet, i think it's better to concentrate on what we have - buildings, stars and clouds. ;)

• Like 1

I have to be honest and say that I think we are trying to do too much now.

Let's just do one thing and make it brilliant, then concentrate on enjoying the concert  - after all, that's what we're there for.

• Like 4

I have to be honest and say that I think we are trying to do too much now.

Let's just do one thing and make it brilliant, then concentrate on enjoying the concert  - after all, that's what we're there for.

Agreed.

The cityscape will be awesome to see from the stage. Too many other things will just distract form the show

• Like 1

Agreed.

The cityscape will be awesome to see from the stage. Too many other things will just distract form the show

London show is so special because many MFCers from all the world will come.

And it would be more special even for all the surprises, buildings, clouds & on, and the flags at the end, and Freddy Mercury during Last Party.

Cattolica was so special above all for those surprises, he was so delighted, and gave us more energy on stage, this is what I felt at leastl, my point of view, of course.

But it's late maybe to gather the opinions of everybody.

I will bring my Italy flag, anyway, then we'll decide together if we'll use them or not.

If we decide within today, we're on time within tomorrow to write something on our local thread, and on groups on FB, eventually.

Edited by Valmont69
  • Like 1

if it's only in the end, when they bow to the crowd, i don't think it's a big distraction from the show. IMO it's a lovely idea with the flags, if they're also just A4 size. :dunno:

not sure about the freddie mercury thing, i agree at some point it *does* get a bit too much... but i think that's only for the first few rows anyway, if i understood it right? i won't print a freddie face, but if someone hands me one (i'm in row C), i'll hold it up for LP.

I've printed and cut out 15 towers and 15 houses on thick paper now  :thumb_yello: If really needed I could print more on normal paper, but I would need to know it until tomorrow. How many people participating do we have so far?

it'd be interesting to know how many places there are in the stalls. i think it's 1000 altogether in the whole theatre, right? is it about 300 on every level then, or are there more stalls seats than in the circles? we'll just distribute the buildings in the stalls crowd, so the maximum limit is the amount of stalls seats... but i'd say at least 100 would be good, so we'll have the same amount as the stars. we don't have a lot of clouds yet i think, so maybe you could print some of those on normal paper?

it'd be interesting to know how many places there are in the stalls. i think it's 1000 altogether in the whole theatre, right? is it about 300 on every level then, or are there more stalls seats than in the circles? we'll just distribute the buildings in the stalls crowd, so the maximum limit is the amount of stalls seats... but i'd say at least 100 would be good, so we'll have the same amount as the stars. we don't have a lot of clouds yet i think, so maybe you could print some of those on normal paper?

The theatre website says it seats 1500 people & 650 of those are in the stalls :)

• Like 1

The theatre website says it seats 1500 people & 650 of those are in the stalls :)

thanks! so i think we need a few more... :fisch: I've just printed and cut 30 houses and 40 clouds of jonc's designs, will now go on with my individual houses and then see if i have some time left for printing more. maybe i'll duplicate some of my white houses with coloured windows with the printer, the good thing about them is that they don't have to be cut.

btw i noticed that the houses don't have to be printed in 300dpi - the colours look just the same, if you don't look closely - seen from the stage it won't make a difference. saves printing ink. ;)

• Like 1

So, what about the flags everyone? There were some positive and some negative reactions so far... Personally, I love the idea, and don't think it'd be too much if we just do it in the end, when Mika and his band get to the front to bow. I agree that all of this stuff can easily get too much, if for every 2nd song you have to do something different. But it'd be so cool and unique with this very very international crowd to do this. And it'd be easy to prepare, just an A4 sheet for every MFCer. Anyway, if the majority is against it, ofc it doesn't make sense if just people from 2 or 3 countries hold up their flags. More opinions on this? ;)

What a great idea.  I'm in the front row of the stalls.  Would love to hold something up.  Do we print them out ourselves?  Also, is photography allowed, without flash?  Many thanks x

Yes, you can print one of the houses in the first post for yourself, or design one individually. Several of us bring a bunch of houses to distribute among the crowd, but if you can do one (or more) yourself, that'd be fab. :)
usually it's allowed to take pix without flash at Mika gigs with a normal camera (no SLR or Action Cam), but I don't know if the Adelphi Theatre has special rules that forbid it. I will certainly bring my camera - if they don't allow to bring them in, i'm sure they'll have a safe place to store them during the gig.

So, what about the flags everyone? There were some positive and some negative reactions so far... Personally, I love the idea, and don't think it'd be too much if we just do it in the end, when Mika and his band get to the front to bow. I agree that all of this stuff can easily get too much, if for every 2nd song you have to do something different. But it'd be so cool and unique with this very very international crowd to do this. And it'd be easy to prepare, just an A4 sheet for every MFCer. Anyway, if the majority is against it, ofc it doesn't make sense if just people from 2 or 3 countries hold up their flags. More opinions on this? ;)

I personally think we should just stick with the cityscape & concentrate on making that as good as possible :)

I agree with not doing too much for a gig but is doing two things for two out of twenty songs really too much? And no one needs to do anything for the Last Party thing as there are already enough pics give people. Some of us are doing houses and other things to make it a nice surprise during TAY and saying thank you at the end of the gig when all are bowing in front of us can´t be too much - that´s my opinion.

• Like 1

so, i'm finished for today - got about 60-70 houses (printed and selfmade) and 40 clouds. dunno if i'll have time to do more until i'm leaving for london on saturday, but guess together with the houses by jonc, sabine, frauke, renate, berenike, silver,... we'll have enough to make it look nice in any case. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

I've printed another 40 clouds now.

And just because we are printing everything else but stars now: if other people will print, too, and our sum of houses and clouds should get much heigher (which would be nice in my opinion), we would need more stars, too.

And I've printed the German flag in case we decide to do it. As it's not during a song I don't think this + the TAY action will get too much. But I'll follow the majority here :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

I'll print some more houses today and clouds as well! (sorry for a quick post, rushing to school, but just a quick update) And I think it'll be amazing, we already have quite descent amount! :D 

Also, I'll do the flag just in case as well c: 

I love this Idea..

I've just read all the comments and I will arrive with just one hand luggage but I mangae to print some buildings and towers (as I understand we need more of this..Am I right?)

• Like 1

SimonaG, yes, you're right - well, we need all of those, but I just started thinking about the fact, that stalls accommodate 650 seatings out of 1500 (am I right?), so it would be nice if the buildings wouldn't get lost among so many seats! 

I printed another 41 clouds and 20 more towers, because I didn't have much time today. :) 

• Like 1

I'll print some more houses today and clouds as well! (sorry for a quick post, rushing to school, but just a quick update) And I think it'll be amazing, we already have quite descent amount! :D 

Also, I'll do the flag just in case as well c: 

Yeah, we are printing some Italian flags, too, on the flag "Tks" in our language (grazie), I think French fans are doing the same.

It would be so nice to have many many flags, but I see that not many are notifying this thread!

I had a look on the RSVP list and I listed the countries of the members who will come, and I had a look only up to "k":

Spain, Luxembourg, Belgium, Slovakia, Germany, Canada, Usa, Switzerland... And then Finland, France, Italy, Korea for sure!

Yeah, we are printing some Italian flags, too, on the flag "Tks" in our language (grazie), I think French fans are doing the same.

It would be so nice to have many many flags, but I see that not many are notifying this thread!

I had a look on the RSVP list and I listed the countries of the members who will come, and I had a look only up to "k":

Spain, Luxembourg, Belgium, Slovakia, Germany, Canada, Usa, Switzerland... And then Finland, France, Italy, Korea for sure!

as far as I know Daeni is printing some flags for every country we could remember......

• Like 1