Beautiful Disaster - Lyrics & Discussion

Well, at least Italians seem to like it: it's still #1 on iTunes :thumb_yello: . I think it's not so common for a track that hasn't been released as a single and there isn't even any radio play or a video yet.

Yeah, not so common, the two fandoms together reached that goal!

• Like 1

I hear "one night can make it worth it all", could it be? I know, I'm such a pain when it comes to lyrics... please bear with me.

I'm hearing "My life I'd give away for this" and "One night can make it worth it all"

And I'm starting to hear "I get this feeling I can't risk" but I'm not very sure about that one...

I've changed it :thumb_yello: And could a native maybe check if it's "I get this feeling I can't risk"? 

• Like 1

Finally some time to write some thoughts about Beautiful Disaster :)

The song combines two things I normally don't like: Rap and duets of Mika with another person. Therefore, although I was curious, I didn't expect much of this track. But it turned out completely different: I love it! I had (and have) a huge repeat-flash.

And for me it's not despite of the Fedez part but equally because of it. I would never have though I would say that but I think I won't like the only-Mika-version more.

Rap is most of the times not my music, a few songs are okay, and there is only one rap song I really like. Strangely this song gives me a very similar feeling to the Fedez part. It's this hammering aggressiveness and the build up in the verses combined with the hypnotic "dong"-sound that "reaches" me somehow. Seems like I've some antennas for that :naughty:

I don't think the lyrics of Mika's part are very deep or creative. But like the Fedez-part Mika's part does trigger emotions in me, a feeling of "breaking free", but at the same time it does have some "emotional disharmonies". And this is enhanced by the electronic production. Which I like, too. No surprise this time that I like it, though :D - I just like "non remix dance music" if it's used for triggering emotions (New Overrated will always be one of my favorites ever for example)

Well, and this "it's a beautiful disaster" is worse than superglue, once it takes hold of your ears and it won't leave them :naughty:

About the lyrics of Fedez I still can't say much as I hadn't time to occupy myself with them.

But musically I can say for sure already that it's no disaster at all for me, but beautiful instead :D

• Like 6

Finally some time to write some thoughts about Beautiful Disaster :)

The song combines two things I normally don't like: Rap and duets of Mika with another person. Therefore, although I was curious, I didn't expect much of this track. But it turned out completely different: I love it! I had (and have) a huge repeat-flash.

And for me it's not despite of the Fedez part but equally because of it. I would never have though I would say that but I think I won't like the only-Mika-version more.

Rap is most of the times not my music, a few songs are okay, and there is only one rap song I really like. Strangely this song gives me a very similar feeling to the Fedez part. It's this hammering aggressiveness and the build up in the verses combined with the hypnotic "dong"-sound that "reaches" me somehow. Seems like I've some antennas for that :naughty:

I don't think the lyrics of Mika's part are very deep or creative. But like the Fedez-part Mika's part does trigger emotions in me, a feeling of "breaking free", but at the same time it does have some "emotional disharmonies". And this is enhanced by the electronic production. Which I like, too. No surprise this time that I like it, though :D - I just like "non remix dance music" if it's used for triggering emotions (New Overrated will always be one of my favorites ever for example)

Well, and this "it's a beautiful disaster" is worse than superglue, once it takes hold of your ears and it won't leave them :naughty:

About the lyrics of Fedez I still can't say much as I hadn't time to occupy myself with them.

But musically I can say for sure already that it's no disaster at all for me, but beautiful instead :D

That's quite a dissertation!

I would never been able to put my thoughts in so many words but I'm really surprised by Fedez... Rap is not my thing but I find there is a softness to his songs that I like.

And I like this song!

• Like 2

I have always liked rap :biggrin2: , Beautiful Disaster takes me high, there's no other way to describe it  :fangurl:

It's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood  :yes:

I want Mika and Fedez to make more songs together :thumb_yello:

And I'm so happy it's number one on the day it' s out :woot_jump:

Thanks  a lot for the lyrics and the translation from Italian to English girls :hug:

Yeahhh I like rap and I love it :yes:

• Like 1

I'm hooked :wub2: That mix is like glue :hypo: as Bere said :biggrin2: I'm curious about Fedez album now :teehee: .has anyone listened to the other songs? And I'm glad other Mika fans love rap too :hug:

I'm not proper a fan, but I loved other duets much more.

One of the last, and more famous, is "Magnifico", with one of the winner of XF previous editions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RELQXv8m_cc

I think that the melodic part and rap are very well mixed together, I don't find the same in "Beautiful Disaster", as many noticed.

I loved "Cigno Nero", too, always with Francesca Michielin, she has a great voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd7fZTqYYmg

And if you want to listen to his voice, in "21 Grammi" he sings, not bad  :):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uq9dQ-cbQw

• Like 1

I'm not proper a fan, but I loved other duets much more.

One of the last, and more famous, is "Magnifico", with one of the winner of XF previous editions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RELQXv8m_cc

I think that the melodic part and rap are very well mixed together, I don't find the same in "Beautiful Disaster", as many noticed.

I loved "Cigno Nero", too, always with Francesca Michielin, she has a great voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd7fZTqYYmg

And if you want to listen to his voice, in "21 Grammi" he sings, not bad  :):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uq9dQ-cbQw

I have also listened to some of his songs and I like 21 Grammi a lot.

• Like 1

I've been listening to this song today and liking it more and more. I don't think Fedez sounds bad at all, I like his voice and I'm impressed by his speed  :hypo: , but after reading lyrics translations I agree it doesn't make any sense. They probably just combined two different songs to do something together and get some more publicity and money? However, I love Mika's part and the idea of beautiful disaster  :wub: Would love to hear this song at gigs. 

• Like 2

I've been listening to this song today and liking it more and more. I don't think Fedez sounds bad at all, I like his voice and I'm impressed by his speed  :hypo: , but after reading lyrics translations I agree it doesn't make any sense. They probably just combined two different songs to do something together and get some more publicity and money? However, I love Mika's part and the idea of beautiful disaster  :wub: Would love to hear this song at gigs. 

Totally agree. I keep listening to it on repeat!

I'm starting to hope that they'll make it a single and film a music video for it, since it's on number 1 after all.. :biggrin2:

• Like 3

Totally agree. I keep listening to it on repeat!

I'm starting to hope that they'll make it a single and film a music video for it, since it's on number 1 after all.. :biggrin2:

I listening to a few other Fedez songs but that's Beautiful Disaster that I love the most ...I would love a video for it! Mika and Fedez in a video would be lots of fun!
  • Like 2

I'm hooked :wub2: That mix is like glue :hypo: as Bere said :biggrin2: I'm curious about Fedez album now :teehee: .has anyone listened to the other songs? And I'm glad other Mika fans love rap too :hug:

You can listen his songs on spotify or deezer.

I knew Fedez's songs one month before he became judge of XFactor (thanks you my origins and my curiosity :naughty: ), and, even if I don't like rap, I like his style, this is not so violent.

His duets with Francesca Michielin are very beautiful.

Edited by Emelyne412
  • Like 1

I really love this song. The amazing combination of Fedez's rap and Mika's voice was a surprise for me. I don't usually listen to Fedez's song but I must say I like him on this one.

I noticed some of you had problems understanding the meaning, here's my interpretation: this man is thinking about his life, which is hard and troubled at times (the rap part) but then he realizes there's always a bright side, that is represented by love (Mika's part), by a love story that's about to start. So life is a beautiful disaster, it has good sides and bad sides; like Fedez says: la vita fa schifo,il panorama è bellissimo (life sucks, the landscape's amazing). I'm looking forward to listening to Mika's version, I'm very curious :)

Edited by Shiningstar
  • Like 4

Not for me, I still find it awful  :dunno:

well.... i should confess i always skip the first 35 seconds of the song :teehee:  

But the rap in the middle isn't as bothersome.  I guess each time after Mika's beautiful first chorus i'm on enough of a cloud not to even notice Fedez

• Like 1

this song has definitely grown on me, even Fedez's part is getting bearable :teehee:

It's the same for me.  I've actually listened to it so many times now that I've got used to it.  Anyway, it's worth listening to the rap just so you can hear how beautiful Mika's voice sounds after it. :D

well.... i should confess i always skip the first 35 seconds of the song :teehee:

But the rap in the middle isn't as bothersome.  I guess each time after Mika's beautiful first chorus i'm on enough of a cloud not to even notice Fedez

You know girl, Mika beautifies even the most awful  :naughty:

this song has definitely grown on me, even Fedez's part is getting bearable :teehee:

The same for me, it won't never be one of my favourite songs, but better than the first listenings.

Yesterday at the Milan interview I laughed a lot when a girl asked with whom he'd like to work with.

"Nobody" with a face a bit like :puke: .