Beautiful Disaster - Lyrics & Discussion

I must say that  I like it a lot even if I am not used to listen to rap, but Fedez has a nice voice and italian is such a beautiful language. Mika's parts are so melodic and his voice  :wub: . I wonder if Mika has composed those parts?

What bothers me is that I can't really get the sense of the song and the connection between Fedez's and Mika's parts. They sound like two different songs put together without a theme.

I just bought the song.... oh well it's not so bad the song even if it gives me the impression that they are two different songs: one about love and one about something that I still don't understand... By the way, it's nice, the sound is catchy and if it will be released as a single it could make success.

I'm very curious to listen the Mika's version where there's no Fedez. 

I think, in a sense, it's like that, two different songs put together. This is what Fedez said, in an interview with "Panorama", about the song:

post-23401-0-42992200-1444428519.jpg

"He (Mika) had a musical background, piano and voice, with only the chorus/refrain. I added to it the verses, and then we have produced it. I think that in this historical period you can also mix the electronic to the piano.

The title?
Beautiful Disaster  "

post-23401-0-42992200-1444428519_thumb.jpg 
Edited by charlie20

haha it's such a nice try and interesting combination. It reminds me the legendary grammy performance by EMINEM and Elton John .. it's obviously a bit weaker than that (those two were legends, you know) but if Fedez and Mika try this kind of cowork they could make something amazing after...   :)

• Like 1

For those who weren't able to listen to the song I just found this link:

http://musica-libera.eu/melody/fedez+beautiful

It's something different to me. It's weird listening to Fedez.. But I think it doesn't sound bad.  I like it. 

Muchas gracias :D :D :D

• Like 1

Ok, I have heard this song now and I have mixed feelings.  I think "Beautiful Disaster" sums it up well actually!

I wasn't very keen on the rap parts.  I'm not very keen on rap as a general rule, sometimes I think it can work well in a song, but I didn't like it in this, I'm afraid.  For one thing, Fedez was rapping far too fast!  Maybe if the rapping had been slower, it would have worked a lot better.

However, I find Mika's singing very beautiful indeed.  It reminded me a bit of the chorus of Underwater, actually.  Does anyone else feel the same?  I loved the bridge leading to the final chorus, when Mika's voice was echoing.  In fact, the latter part of the song was my favourite because there was no rap.  I'm sorry, but the rap ruined it for me.  Just my opinion, so no offence to anyone who likes it!

On the whole, I'm not sure if I like the song or not.  I'll have to listen to it a few times more to make my mind up.

• Like 2

I have always liked rap :biggrin2: , Beautiful Disaster takes me high, there's no other way to describe it  :fangurl:

It's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood  :yes:

I want Mika and Fedez to make more songs together :thumb_yello:

And I'm so happy it's number one on the day it' s out :woot_jump:

Thanks  a lot for the lyrics and the translation from Italian to English girls :hug:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

I tried to translate Fedez's part, it maybe doesn't make much sense because there are a lot of puns in Italian, but just in case you were wondering what he says, here it is.

I keep repeating it in my mind just not to fall asleep

I stay awake because the best is yet to vanish

to dream about a different way of getting up again

like the rain falling without ever getting hurt

where did you come from? says an uncertain voice

I don't know but we entered by an open wound

the scars tell us to stay among the weaks

we talk using the permanent sign language

like yesterday you weren't there

hereditary problems, unlucky heiresses

because who criticizes you often is the first one to slay you

when throwing a stone means more than a plea

they told us not all that glitters is gold

but they said so because all that glitters is theirs

now I want to shout out loud, life sucks but the view is amazing

I take those pieces of life I lived by mistake

and I turn them into little worthy emotions

some live no matter what, some live locked up in a bunker

those who live in the light can see the beginning of the tunnel

with a heart of stone, you with a guilty conscience

sick and tired of sticking our heads in the anger

eating the dirt, flavoring the soil

now we seek peace even at the cost of making war against you

with 24 thousand kisses maybe Judas would've wiped us out

feeling inadequate, feeling one of many

a wasted occasion turns men into thieves of regrets

predatories born with a guilty soul

report your life for misleading happiness

and to all of us grown up in dark rooms

where every asshole lies and the truth does too

Grazie mille Laura :hug:

• Like 1

i've only listened to the 1:30 snippet so far, and decided i won't buy that song but wait for the album. i think the song could have

been good, the contrast between mika's part and the rap is a good idea - but while i always thought the point of rap is rhythm, i can't make out *any* rhythm in some parts of the rap. this just hurts my ears. :aah:

• Like 2

but while i always thought the point of rap is rhythm, i can't make out *any* rhythm in some parts of the rap. this just hurts my ears. :aah:

Exactly, totally arhythmic and monotonous. It's awful. The appeal of rap is the rhythm, the phrasing, the expression. Fedez only changes his "expression" by raising the volume of his voice. Which is unfortunate because he seems to have a very clear and rich voice. Maybe it helps to know Italian but there is nothing appealing here if you do not understand the lyrics.

Maybe it helps to know Italian but there is nothing appealing here if you do not understand the lyrics.

Nah. As I already said the lyrics don't make sense to me either and I'm a native Italian speaker XD. Maybe I'm just too dumb to understand, but it really sounds like casual sentences and puns thrown together. It's supposed to be witty, but meh...

• Like 1

I also have mixed feelings about the song, I'm not a big fan of the rap part, but maybe that's just me :)

Really love Mika in this, especially at the end, with the echo :thumb_yello:

No, it's not only you. For me the song is clear, Beautiful = Mika,  Disaster = Fedez

And I dont like that mix at all  :teehee:

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 4

No, it's not only you. For me the song is clear, Beautiful = Mika,  Disaster = Fedez

And I dont like that mix at all  :teehee:

Well, at least Italians seem to like it: it's still #1 on iTunes :thumb_yello: . I think it's not so common for a track that hasn't been released as a single and there isn't even any radio play or a video yet.

• Like 1