Where in the World Are You?

dcdeb

Where in the World Are You?  

1,131 members have voted

1. 1. We're trying to determine the locations of the membership of Mika Fan Club. Take a second to let us know the country you live in! Thanks!

• Argentina
    • Australia
    • Austria
    • Belgium
    • Brazil
    • Canada
    • China
    • Czech Republic
    • Denmark
    • Finland
    • France
    • Germany
    • Greece
    • Hong Kong
    • Hungary
    • Iceland
    • India
    • Indonesia
    • Iran
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Japan
    • Latvia
    • Lebanon
    • Lithuania
    • Luxembourg
    • Malaysia
    • Mexico
    • Netherlands
    • New Zealand
    • Norway
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Romania
    • Russia
    • Serbia
    • Singapore
    • Slovakia
    • Slovenia
    • South Africa
    • South Korea
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • Turkey
    • Ukraine
    • United Arab Emirates
    • United Kingdom
    • United States
    • Other (tell us your country in the thread below!)

It's, more to do with the fact that he won't promote himself properly over here, like he does in those countries.

Every album that has come out over here, since TBWKTM, promo here has got pretty much non existent He barely did any for TOOL, and only 1 tv appearance and a couple of radio slots, and only 1 show. He used to do full on promo, and tours like he has been doing in France and Italy in the UK. But it's like he has given up for some reason.

That is what is sad.

Yeah. :( he is fairly anonymous in the Uk and this is where he lives. It must be really annoying if you are at Tesco's or something and end up on the front page. I am making people listen to his music so I am doing promo for him among my friends who didn't even know that he had more than two albums.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, just 5 Argentines. We used to be like 40 regulars in 2009 but most of us forgot about the MFC (I decided to come back and don't know where the User CP is anymore...So many has changed).

I see a LOT of Italians, which is not a surprise because I know how devoted they could be to an artist or band :D (and the location of the show, obviously)

I used to have my country below my avatar. It disappeared too :P

Edited by Romis
  • Like 1

Hmmm, just 5 Argentines. We used to be like 40 regulars in 2009 but most of us forgot about the MFC (I decided to come back and don't know where the User CP is anymore...So many has changed).

I see a LOT of Italians, which is not a surprise because I know how devoted they could be to an artist or band :D (and the location of the show, obviously)

I used to have my country below my avatar. It disappeared too :P

No User CP now, but if you click on your name at the top right of the screen, there is a drop-down menu that will give you most of the same options.

Not surprised that Mika is not so popular in Argentina now - it has been so long since he has done anything in South America.

• Like 1

In fact, I've watched today a quite recent Italian short video in which Mika talks about the procedence of his fans and he mentioned that (according to his management team) his content on social media attracts an interesting amount of traffic from Southamerica. He seemed glad about that. So I understand and accept it's not lack of appreciation but him focused on more lucrative and/or sucessful things, which happen to take place in Europe (and sometimes the USA). Hopefully in a couple of years a good job and my Italian passport will allow me to be "the mountain that goes to Muhammed".

Edited by Romis

• 2 weeks later...

In fact, I've watched today a quite recent Italian short video in which Mika talks about the procedence of his fans and he mentioned that (according to his management team) his content on social media attracts an interesting amount of traffic from Southamerica. He seemed glad about that. So I understand and accept it's not lack of appreciation but him focused on more lucrative and/or sucessful things, which happen to take place in Europe (and sometimes the USA). Hopefully in a couple of years a good job and my Italian passport will allow me to be "the mountain that goes to Muhammed".

Actually I wouldn't be surprized if Mohammed comes to the mountain himself within a few years.

He still has to learn how to dance the tango and IMO he could use a bit more of your Argetinian passion. And he usually has a good instinct for what's good for him.

Edited by Pascale

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Farnaz said:

Hi. I'm From Iran. But l don't know how to vote... (I live in France but i do like to let Mika know that he has one iranien fan ! 

Thanks 

It's where you are living now that we need to know.

Why don't you write a message to Mika in the 2016 Yearbook and let him know you are from Iran?

• Like 2