Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

So the other day Hunny asked me if Mika thinks he's hot.

Your thoughts. My vote:.:yes:

Well, he acts as though he does, and poses as if he does. OTOH, He says he does not like his smile, always goofs around in home movies, (as we used to call them) and does seem to have a performing persona that he contradicts with his insecurities. And he knows what works onstage. So really I think it's worth a conversation!

25 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

So the other day Hunny asked me if Mika thinks he's hot.

Your thoughts. My vote:.:yes:

Actually, he has many insecurities concerning his face. He has told so in interviews that he really doesn’t like his own image. 

However, his stage personality is a whole different ballgame! There I agree with you. There he doesn’t care AT ALL and beams so much personality and confidence that you would never guess he has ANY insecurities. 

Edited by holdingyourdrink
  • Like 3

It must be so hard, when he is vulnerable like that, to not embrace him, at least metaphorically. But I  know from my training and from my knowledge of people that when someone expresses insecurities one should not reassure them (as much as that is the urge) that they are not (unattractive, or whatever the issue is) because it closes the conversation. One should respond openly, listening as the person expresses their self doubts, with the concern one feels, warmly, empathicly, (believe it or not the term is not “empathetic”) but it is not helpful to try to take away or fix the person’s insecurity because that is a temporary “fix” at best; if it  covers the wound for one moment, the insecurity is still there. The person needs support to work on and heal those insecurities themselves.

Humanly speaking, (?!) when I see what Mika says and how he sometimes behaves (he so often acts like a little boy), I feel protective of him sometimes. Motherly. And looking back, his mom was his rescuer, but she was a tough mom, it seems, and that may have helped him survive, but it also may have left a hole where nurturing needed to be.

Edited by QueenBigFat
General fixing of complicated explanation

On 12/18/2023 at 5:45 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

So thanks to @QueenBigFat there's been a little chat here about psychic connections and experiences and there's one that I've experienced today that I can't not share!

On the MFC Instagram live today @holdingyourdrink called Mika a 'poptart' (which of course he his and it's a very cute nickname!), I then commented that I love poptarts too but the kind that is an edible breakfast snack! (Michelle says they're bad for you but I disagree, all good things in moderation I say! :biggrin2:)

Anyway... After the Live I went to check my emails and got my regular WeRateDogs exclusive message and LOW AND BEHOLD this week's dog is called Poptart!

20231218_222459.thumb.png.786cada85b71c64dda90fd91c28ef990.png

I had to share this because I couldn't believe that I'd see 'Poptart' used as a name again!  

Mika poptart + puppy Poptart = double adorableness! :biggrin2:

uh oh, CJ, someone else has caught what we have! Go see this post by silver and the few following it in Oldings.

Oh, nuts. I thought I knew how to get a link here. So go to p 99 or 100 where silver snd I are talking about Buffy.You’ll know it when you read it.

Edited by QueenBigFat
Because fong*l doesn’t mean what I thought it did !

13 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

uh oh, CJ, someone else has caught what we have! Go see this post by silver and the few following it in Oldings.

Oh, nuts. I thought I knew how to get a link here. So go to p 99 or 100 where silver snd I are talking about Buffy.You’ll know it when you read it.

I just saw it!

What an unusual coincidence... or is the universe really trying to tell us something?! :lmfao:

And just to add, I didn't like the musical ep of Buffy either! :no:

• Like 1

Last night I watched the BBC documentary about Freddy Mercury and AIDS. It was heartbreaking and wonderful. But I noticed something that I thought was very interesting. In Last Party, Mika talks about “if it’s the end of the world let’s party “, basing it on Freddy, or a story about Freddy. But what Freddy really did, it seems, as the end of the world was coming, was —-he worked. Like , in a determined, focused, all-in, way. Kinda like Mika does.

Edited by QueenBigFat

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

I should say something random? smilie_denk_49.gif.faa9308227f4f4372801af5c00639e07.gif

Well, yesterday in the supermarket, I bumped into Mika

IMG_20231219_190530771.thumb.jpg.5886b08e12cf15d34bad1a26464d9348.jpg

and Ida! :biggrin2:

IMG_20231220_140259831.thumb.jpg.7765091696a1932047d753984e767cec.jpg

Oh, wait! Wait! And IDA??? How totally bizarre is that??!?!????

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Prisca said:

What am I talking about: I bought him, he's with me. :lmfao:

You forgot??!!?!

:facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Prisca said:

During Christmas everything is possible! :newyear:

He was also surprisingly cheap...

Hmm, that doesn't sound like Mika. You might have one of his clones! 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hero said:

You forgot??!!?!

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

Hmm, that doesn't sound like Mika. You might have one of his clones! 

Yes, probably one of his clones from the Apocalypso Calypso video. :crybaby:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

Isn’t it amazing that when you spend enough time with someone over the years you begin to look alike?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, QueenBigFat said:

Isn’t it amazing that when you spend enough time with someone over the years you begin to look alike?

What are you talking about?? Ida has long blonde hair and Mika... doesn't. See? Totally different. 

:lol3:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Last night J watched the BBC documentary about about Freddy Mercury and AIDS. It was heartbreaking and wonderful. But I noticed something that I thought was very interesting. In Last Party, Mika talks about “if it’s the end of the world let’s party “, basing it on Freddy, or a story about Freddy. But what Freddy really did, it seems, as the end of the world was coming, was —-he worked. Like , in a determined, focused, all-in, way. Kinda like Mika does.

Coincidentally...

I watched what must be the same doc the other night as well. I thought it was quite recent, saw at the end it was 2021. Had a lot of footage that I had never seen before, so I was really interested in it.

I have to admit that I was pretty much oblivious about the concert that Queen held after Freddie died -- but that was in 1992, the year I had my son, so I think I was oblivious to almost everything that year. :insane:  I have a very vague memory of Annie Lennox and Bowie doing Under Pressure, but I don't think I ever heard the story about Elton and Axl Rose duetting or that George Michael had sung Somebody to Love. I was really out of the loop!

In any case, I think the story about Freddie having the massive 3-day party is supposed to have happened when he originally found out he had AIDS. I think I might be inclined to have a big blow-out in that situation, too, so I wouldn't blame him if he had actually done that, but a lot of people have said isn't true. :dunno:

But yes, it was interesting to learn just how much Freddie threw himself into his work at very end. And Mika does tend to do the very same. I know I'm exhausted just trying to follow from a distance, I don't know how he does it.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

Yes, what a coincidence. There were only three different names: Ida, Mika and Nils.

Edited by Prisca

6 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, what a coincidence. There were only three different names: Ida, Mika and Nils. It's a story from the chocolate brand (Frey), there are three elves.

Waiting for Nils to be a new band member.. :biggrin2:

• Haha 2