Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

1 hour ago, Hero said:

That's reminded me of Squirrel Nuts. The chewy chocolate covered toffee nuggets that ruined our teeth as kids. 

Chewing Nuts! Sorry, not Squirrel Nuts, that seems to be a US candy. The retro UK sweet is called Chewing Nuts. 

And googling that took me down a rabbit hole of discontinued goodies, oh nom! 

17 minutes ago, Hero said:

And googling that took me down a rabbit hole of discontinued goodies, oh nom! 

With the sweets being called "Chewing Nuts" I was worried you were going to say something else there! :naughty:

Could have gone down a whole different rabbit hole...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

With the sweets being called "Chewing Nuts" I was worried you were going to say something else there! :naughty:

Could have gone down a whole different rabbit hole...

There’s a joke here about bunnies….

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

f it's the same one QBF was referring to, it was Freddie Mercury: The Final Act.

Deb, 

one thing that intrigued me was how often, watching him and the group, I had a flash of “wow that reminds me of Mika”! But they went by so quickly I can’t even site them…. Some of the design of a concert, a gesture to the audience, some body language…..did you have that reaction?

15 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Deb, 

one thing that intrigued me was how often, watching him and the group, I had a flash of “wow that reminds me of Mika”! But they went by so quickly I can’t even site them…. Some of the design of a concert, a gesture to the audience, some body language…..did you have that reaction?

Hmm, you know I was so focused on seeing something new about Freddie, that I really didn't even think of Mika while watching. I need to watch it again!

43 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Hmm, you know I was so focused on seeing something new about Freddie, that I really didn't even think of Mika while watching. I need to watch it again!

You didn’t even think of Mika??!?!?????!!:jawdrop::doh::yikes::bleh:

• Haha 1

I just watched the documentary about Freddie. Very heavy as expected but really really good so thanks for the recommendation and link.

Every time I see Brian May and Roger Taylor I just find it so heartbreaking that we get to seem them age but not Freddie.

And it makes me quite angry that some of these attitudes are still present today (or even on the rise again) like all those sad coming out stories shouldn't be relatable to people my age and yet they are. This just needs to stop. Now. Yesterday.

As for Mika, personally I don't perceive him and Freddie to be very similar. When I watch something about Queen, I'm not reminded of Mika (for once :D). I understand why that might feel different to other people but to me they don't send out the same vibe.

The only thing was that Freddie answered questions about his sexuality with "What I am is in my songs".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlotteL said:

As for Mika, personally I don't perceive him and Freddie to be very similar. When I watch something about Queen, I'm not reminded of Mika (for once :D). I understand why that might feel different to other people but to me they don't send out the same vibe.

The only thing was that Freddie answered questions about his sexuality with "What I am is in my songs".

Yes, when it comes to an absolute comparison, I agree. It was just singular things. Like one of the “sing it with us” gestures at the end. I wish I could think of the others! OTOH, maybe it was more like—-you know when you’re a kid and have your first crush? And everything makes you think of that person? “All I want to do is think about you “syndrome?:lmfao:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Speaking of which, I just saw this shirt online….for some odd reason it made me think of Mika. (Is that a lollypop??)

IMG_1005.thumb.png.0756535114b8dd320d77f9dc9ce878e5.png

I feel like I might be the only one who doesn't get it 😅

Don't be a chicken... pop? Please I'm so confused :lmfao:

Dear MFC,

So this morning I saw this great tip about cutting onions and was reading it out loud to Hunny.

Me: Listen to this! (Reading): “Chew mint gum while cutting onions and VI-o-la—“

Hunny: (pause): You mean voila?

Yep, because, you know, that’s an exotic and obscure term…especially for most MFC folks …:facepalm:

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Haha 1

On 12/18/2023 at 5:45 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

So thanks to @QueenBigFat there's been a little chat here about psychic connections and experiences and there's one that I've experienced today that I can't not share!

On the MFC Instagram live today @holdingyourdrink called Mika a 'poptart' (which of course he his and it's a very cute nickname!), I then commented that I love poptarts too but the kind that is an edible breakfast snack! (Michelle says they're bad for you but I disagree, all good things in moderation I say! :biggrin2:)

Anyway... After the Live I went to check my emails and got my regular WeRateDogs exclusive message and LOW AND BEHOLD this week's dog is called Poptart!

20231218_222459.thumb.png.786cada85b71c64dda90fd91c28ef990.png

I had to share this because I couldn't believe that I'd see 'Poptart' used as a name again!  

Mika poptart + puppy Poptart = double adorableness! :biggrin2:

Ohhhhhhh, CJ——

Today I saw this commercial on the toob. It’s called “who gets you” (which appears to be a theme on MFC), and it’s about a guy whose plant dies….well, here, you can watch it for yourself…..:lmfao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5vMQ-j0x5o

• Like 1

8 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Ohhhhhhh, CJ——

Today I saw this commercial on the toob. It’s called “who gets you” (which appears to be a theme on MFC), and it’s about a guy whose plant dies….well, here, you can watch it for yourself…..:lmfao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5vMQ-j0x5o

Aw that's actually a very sweet video! And I love that he called his plant Hannibal, I might steal that if I get a venus fly trap myself! :biggrin2:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

In the supermarket for a "twixtmas" top up, and... yep, there's a display of Easter Eggs. :eek: :facepalm: 

:yikes:

I actually saw a very well known extra large confectionery egg in a local shop about 3 weeks ago, at first I thought it was a joke, maybe some kind of Christmas egg... 😅 

But no! I saw it again yesterday and it's definitely an Easter egg! 🙈

• Haha 3