Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

So thanks to @QueenBigFat there's been a little chat here about psychic connections and experiences and there's one that I've experienced today that I can't not share!

On the MFC Instagram live today @holdingyourdrink called Mika a 'poptart' (which of course he his and it's a very cute nickname!), I then commented that I love poptarts too but the kind that is an edible breakfast snack! (Michelle says they're bad for you but I disagree, all good things in moderation I say! :biggrin2:)

Anyway... After the Live I went to check my emails and got my regular WeRateDogs exclusive message and LOW AND BEHOLD this week's dog is called Poptart!

20231218_222459.thumb.png.786cada85b71c64dda90fd91c28ef990.png

I had to share this because I couldn't believe that I'd see 'Poptart' used as a name again!  

Mika poptart + puppy Poptart = double adorableness! :biggrin2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

So thanks to @QueenBigFat there's been a little chat here about psychic connections and experiences and there's one that I've experienced today that I can't not share!

On the MFC Instagram live today @holdingyourdrink called Mika a 'poptart' (which of course he his and it's a very cute nickname!), I then commented that I love poptarts too but the kind that is an edible breakfast snack! (Michelle says they're bad for you but I disagree, all good things in moderation I say! :biggrin2:)

Anyway... After the Live I went to check my emails and got my regular WeRateDogs exclusive message and LOW AND BEHOLD this week's dog is called Poptart!

Yaaaaaaaaaay! QBF welcomes CJ to the psychic experiences that have become a part of MFC Club!!!!:thumb_yello::yay::punk::welcomeani::cheer:

PS That really is a good one. And i want to smooch that puppy. Tell me, what was it like to see that name? 

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I had to share this because I couldn't believe that I'd see 'Poptart' used as a name again!  

Aww! I love our poptart, but I love this poptart as well!!! Just not the edible ones, those are the only ones I don’t fancy :facepalm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Aww! I love our poptart, but I love this poptart as well!!! Just not the edible ones, those are the only ones I don’t fancy :facepalm:

Oh, but our "poptart" is very edible, and completely delicious. There's an entire gasmics thread as evidence. :wink2: :teehee:

• Haha 3

I was going to say something about puppies and Mikatarts being naturally sweet, as opposed to the other poptart, but this is a much better conversation. I remember liking to nibble Around the edges of mine. And then I would eat the delicious filling. 

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

On the MFC Instagram live today @holdingyourdrink called Mika a 'poptart'

Hey, @holdingyourdrink! You’re a part of the club too, ya know. You started this one.

But the people who wrote Suddenly Seymour didn’t start the thing that happened to me! It ‘s about the experience, not the content. But I do hope that he hears about what ha, somehow!

2 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Hahah! Mika even calls himself adoringly a poptart, so who started it!? :lol3:

On 12/14/2023 at 4:08 PM, silver said:

We've got :hair:  and :banghead:

Also :mad3: and  :badword:  and :blowup:

18 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

OK, the puppy is adorable. :puppy_eyes:

And I just wanted to state for the record the first time I heard someone refer to Mika as a "pop tart" was a UK TV presenter way back in 2007.

So I went looking to find the performance, but couldn't find it. But I ran across this old fave video instead. And since this is the random thread, I'm going to be random and leave it here for your viewing pleasure:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

And I just wanted to state for the record the first time I heard someone refer to Mika as a "pop tart" was a UK TV presenter way back in 2007.

So I went looking to find the performance, but couldn't find it. But I ran across this old fave video instead. And since this is the random thread, I'm going to be random and leave it here for your viewing pleasure:

Was that the Koko gig?

49 minutes ago, mellody said:

Was that the Koko gig?

No it was some TV show. I know I have the Koko gig somewhere. I think I’d like to watch it again. It’s been a while. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

???

I wasn’t criticizing or chastising, just giving you more emoji options for “Infuriated”. 

I'm sorry this misunderstanding is kinda hilarious :D

Thanks for the video!! I had seen that performance of love today but not big girl.

I didn't know Max wasn't the first bassist he's forced to do the synchronized hip wiggle :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

I'm sorry this misunderstanding is kinda hilarious :D

Thanks for the video!! I had seen that performance of love today but not big girl.

I didn't know Max wasn't the first bassist he's forced to do the synchronized hip wiggle :facepalm:

Well, with Mikey I never had the impression that Mika had to force him to do that. :lol3:

I think Jimmy didn't do it? Can't remember anyway. So maybe Mika just suggests it, and his musicians can decide if they'd like to or not? :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

Well, with Mikey I never had the impression that Mika had to force him to do that.

I was gonna say the opposite that I obviously don't feel like Mika has to force Max :D

With Mikey I don't know, I obv wasn't around for those shenanigans.

Although I do know that Jimmy gave him a kiss on the cheek once soo just different expressions of affection :wub2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

???

I wasn’t criticizing or chastising, just giving you more emoji options for “Infuriated”. 

My bad. Brain fart. I got two threads confused!

Edited by QueenBigFat
Never try to follow a thread while shopping for faucet extenders on Amazon. Especially after learning about them yesterday and today opening a buzzfeed from newsfeed to see….a faucet extender!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I believe the blonde host is Lauren Laverne. In 2007 she was hosting Transmission on Channel 4, which fits the style of the show from that period. Does that sound right? 

"She also presented the second series of the late-night Channel 4 music show Transmission with T-Mobile opposite Steve Jones." (Wikipedia). 

24 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

Never try to follow a thread while shopping for faucet extenders on Amazon. Especially after learning about them yesterday and today opening a buzzfeed from newsfeed to see….a faucet extender!

Ok it just took me way too long to figure out what a faucet is, apparently I only knew the British word tap.

But then I realized that word is in Ice Cream ("the faucet keeps on dripping") and I think I thought it was "the force, it keeps on dripping". Don't ask me what that means :facepalm:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, CharlotteL said:

Ok it just took me way too long to figure out what a faucet is, apparently I only knew the British word tap.

But then I realized that word is in Ice Cream ("the faucet keeps on dripping") and I think I thought it was "the force, it keeps on dripping". Don't ask me what that means :facepalm:

That Mika is a Star Wars fan but not a fan of the Force being with anybody? No? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3