Live stream benefit concert ‘I Love Beirut’, 19 Sept 2020

giraffeandy

According to this article, Mika is doing a live stream benefit concert for Beirut next month:

Mika stages live stream benefit concert ‘I Love Beirut’

Mika announces the ‘I Love Beirut’ benefit concert, which will be performed on Saturday 19 September and will be live-streamed across four time zones via YouTube. Tickets cost £10 / $10 / €10 and will be available from Ticketmaster alongside the GoFundMe campaign, where people can make additional donations to the cause with 100% of all proceeds being split across Red Cross Lebanon and Save the Children Lebanon. Tickets go on sale at 9am BST / 10am CET on Monday 24 August.

This intimate performance has been initiated by Lebanese born singer Mika after he was profoundly affected by the scale of devastation from the explosion in Beirut docks and its impact on the people of the city. Following on from his ‘Love Letter to Beirut’ (see note to editors below) which he wrote directly in the aftermath of the explosion. In an effort to do more he has created ‘I Love Beirut’, an event to raise funds to help those who have been affected by the devastating explosion.

Mika comments: “After all the years of civil war, financial crisis and political upheaval, the news of the tragic explosion was unbelievable. Although far away, my heart broke for the families losing their homes, their livelihoods and their loved ones in this catastrophe. I wanted to do something to help in any small way I can. That is why I am staging a live stream concert in aid of the people of the city. Beirut has been through so much and the resilience and strength the Lebanese people is undeniable. I have no doubt that the city will recover and the unique life of this magical city will resume once again. Beirut is the place of my birth, is part of me and will always be in my heart. ‘I ❤️ Beirut’.

The Lebanese United Nations team has reported the explosion was like 15 years of war in 15 seconds, comparing its impact to the devastation from the country's civil war that lasted from 1975 to 1990. Miles from the blast site apartments are wrecked and families left homeless. It's estimated 300,000 people do not have homes fit to live in, as Lebanon now has to undertake a single recovery effort of unprecedented scale.

Hospitals in Beirut are now overrun with wounded people, with some being referred to Tripoli, 50 miles to the north of Beirut, for treatment. The destruction of Beirut’s port will devastate the country further as it relies heavily on imports for its essential supplies. Red Cross Lebanon and Save the Children Lebanon are working around the clock to help those on the ground affected by the blast. Donations will fund immediate emergency response and wider long-term rehabilitation.

Donations to be made at: gofundme.com/ilovebeirut
Tickets will be made available via Ticketmaster at 9am BST / 10am CET on Monday, 24 August

Supporting images and video of Mika talking about the concert available here: we.tl/t-OFhmJeJLaY

Concert live stream times around the world:
Livestream #1 - UK & Ireland (8pm BST / IST)
Livestream #2 – Europe (9pm CEST / 8pm BST)
Livestream #3 - North America & Central/South America (6pm PDT / 9pm EDT)
Livestream #4 - Australia, New Zealand and Asia (8pm AEST / 10pm NZST / 7pm JST and KST)
(NB: Live stream in Australia / Asia ten to occur on the following day).

https://www.music-news.com/news/Tickets/133855/Mika-stages-live-stream-benefit-concert-I-Love-Beirut

Here's his invitation:

https://youtu.be/hrb-u7H1_gY

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ilovebeirut

• Like 11

Mika hosts a special show - with some surprises - with all money split between two charities who are working to help the people of Lebanon recover from the terrible explosion in Beirut’s port that killed hundreds, injured thousands, and left many more homeless.

Live on Saturday 19 September:  Mika will stage a concert in aid of Beirut.

A special intimate show - with some surprises - with all money split between two charities who are working to help the people of Lebanon recover from the terrible explosion in Beirut’s port that killed hundreds, injured thousands and left many more homeless. 

Communities in Lebanon were already grappling with the impact of economic crisis and the Covid-19 pandemic before the explosion. Your donation can help today.

We can accept donations from all over the world. Please select the amount you wish to donate in GBP, and you will then be charged the equivalent to that amount in your own currency.

The charities chosen are all working on the ground to help those in Beirut, focusing on emergency response, and rebuilding the city.

Red Cross Lebanon 
Red Cross teams are treating thousands of injured people and searching through rubble for survivors.

Save the Children Lebanon 
Save the Children are on the ground in Beirut supporting children and their families. 

The concert will be livestreamed on YouTube, and you can buy tickets by donating £10. Keep your eyes on the Gofundme campaign for further details. 

The Lebanese United Nations team has reported the explosion was like 15 years of war in 15 seconds, comparing its impact to the devastation from the country's civil war that lasted from 1975 to 1990. Miles from the blast site apartments are wrecked and families left homeless. It's estimated 300,000 people do not have homes fit to live in, as Lebanon now has to undertake a single recovery effort of unprecedented scale. 

Hospitals in Beirut are now overrun with wounded people, with some being referred to Tripoli, 50 miles to the north of Beirut, for treatment. The destruction of Beirut’s port will devastate the country further as it relies heavily on imports for its essential supplies. Red Cross Lebanon and Save the Children Lebanon are working around the clock to help those on the ground affected by the blast. Donations will be deposited into a central fund and will fund immediate emergency response and wider long-term rehabilitation.

Mika - I Love Beirut artwork - Copy.jpg

• Like 1

• krysady changed the title to I Love Beirut Concert by Mika - September 19th 2020
4 minutes ago, Starlight said:

Amazing news due to a rather terrible situation... he's such a good person

It's on a Saturday, I hope that that many people will join and donate :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

I copy the text here and I will cancel my thread.

https://www.music-news.com/news/Tickets/133855/Mika-stages-live-stream-benefit-concert-I-Love-Beirut?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&fbclid=IwAR0HfYvo09I1em9mGWCGe1ENwm2qI92DoU3nZ9prvlSdFJbVuk-XLYGzen0

image.thumb.png.96225e91a3e23daadae6df9ea89139db.png

image.thumb.png.4874f8f3ee019435ad41b7e56cb8152d.png

Mika announces the ‘I Love Beirut’ benefit concert, which will be performed on Saturday 19 September and will be live-streamed across four time zones via YouTube. Tickets cost £10 / $10 / €10 and will be available from Ticketmaster alongside the GoFundMe campaign, where people can make additional donations to the cause with 100% of all proceeds being split across Red Cross Lebanon and Save the Children Lebanon. Tickets go on sale at 9am BST / 10am CET on Monday 24 August.

This intimate performance has been initiated by Lebanese born singer Mika after he was profoundly affected by the scale of devastation from the explosion in Beirut docks and its impact on the people of the city. Following on from his ‘Love Letter to Beirut’ (see note to editors below) which he wrote directly in the aftermath of the explosion. In an effort to do more he has created ‘I Love Beirut’, an event to raise funds to help those who have been affected by the devastating explosion.

Mika comments: “After all the years of civil war, financial crisis and political upheaval, the news of the tragic explosion was unbelievable. Although far away, my heart broke for the families losing their homes, their livelihoods and their loved ones in this catastrophe. I wanted to do something to help in any small way I can. That is why I am staging a live stream concert in aid of the people of the city. Beirut has been through so much and the resilience and strength the Lebanese people is undeniable. I have no doubt that the city will recover and the unique life of this magical city will resume once again. Beirut is the place of my birth, is part of me and will always be in my heart. ‘I ❤️ Beirut’.

Hospitals in Beirut are now overrun with wounded people, with some being referred to Tripoli, 50 miles to the north of Beirut, for treatment. The destruction of Beirut’s port will devastate the country further as it relies heavily on imports for its essential supplies. Red Cross Lebanon and Save the Children Lebanon are working around the clock to help those on the ground affected by the blast. Donations will fund immediate emergency response and wider long-term rehabilitation.

Donations to be made at: gofundme.com/ilovebeirut
Tickets will be made available via Ticketmaster at 9am BST / 10am CET on Monday, 24 August

Supporting images and video of Mika talking about the concert available here: we.tl/t-OFhmJeJLaY

Concert live stream times around the world:
Livestream #1 - UK & Ireland (8pm BST / IST)
Livestream #2 – Europe (9pm CEST / 8pm BST)
Livestream #3 - North America & Central/South America (6pm PDT / 9pm EDT)
Livestream #4 - Australia, New Zealand and Asia (8pm AEST / 10pm NZST / 7pm JST and KST)
(NB: Live stream in Australia / Asia ten to occur on the following day).

• Like 4

• silver locked this topic

https://www.musicweek.com/digital/read/livestreaming-lowdown-the-aces-mika-devendra-banhart-joe-strummer-celebration-kodaline-and-more/079648

Mika to perform for Beirut benefit concert

Born in Beirut, the British-Lebanese artist Mika will perform live to help raise funds for those affected by the Beirut explosion.

On September 19, the singer will perform the I Love Beirut concert from a secret location with surprises from friends and all money raised from ticket sales will be donated to charities helping those in Beirut.

Broadcasted across four time zones across YouTube, the concert will take place at 8pm (BST).

Mika said: “After all the years of civil war, financial crisis and political upheaval, the news of the tragic explosion was unbelievable. Although far away, my heart broke for the families losing their homes, their livelihoods and their loved ones in this catastrophe. I wanted to do something to help in any small way I can. That is why I am staging a live stream concert in aid of the people of the city.”

Tickets will be available via Ticketmaster on Monday August 24, and additional donations can be made here. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

That's because it was hidden by @dcdeb. But it seems that at this point the news already got around anyway.

Ah, thanks for explaining, I was looking all over before opening the thread and couldn't understand how I missed it :aah:

• Like 2

transcript

:uk:

“After all the years of civil war, political upheaval and financial strife, the news of explosion in Beirut was unbelievable.
Even from afar, my heart broke as I thought og all those people who had lost their homes, their livelihoods and even their loved ones.
I wanted to do something to help in any small way I can to help the people and the situation over there.  For that reason I'll be staging a livestreamed concert in aid of the city of Beirut.
Beirut and Lebanon is the place of my birth, it's a part of my life, it's a part of my family's life.
It's a part of my heart.
Join me on the 19th September for 'I Love Beirut'."

• Like 2

mikainstagram

I’m so happy to announce that on Saturday 19th September I will be broadcasting a very intimate show to raise money for the people of Beirut. The terrible explosion in Beirut’s port killed hundreds, injured thousands and left many more homeless. I wanted to do something to help in any small way I can.

That is why I’ll be hosting a very special performance, with some surprises, and it will be streamed online on 4 time zones. Money raised will be split between two charities that are doing incredible work on the ground in Beirut, focusing on emergency response and rebuilding the city - Red Cross Lebanon and Save The Children Lebanon.

The concert will be livestreamed on YouTube, and you can buy tickets by donating £10 or more via my GoFundMe page. Tickets will be available from Monday 24th August at 10am CET - keep your eyes on the GoFundMe page for further details (link in bio).

Beirut has been through so much and the resilience and strength the Lebanese people is undeniable. It is the place of my birth, a part of me and will always be in my heart. ‘I ❤️ Beirut’

#ILoveBeirut

• Like 3

I caught bits of his BBC video chat. He mostly talked about Lebanon and why he wants to do this, and said a few things about the live stream. He's organizing it with friends, he'll be producing and broadcasting it himself and it'll take place in his garden in Italy. There'll be images from Beirut and other people performing as well. He wants to tell a story and provoke emotions.

Edit: they posted a part of it on their Twitter: 

• Like 7

:france:

BFMTV.com

Explosions à Beyrouth: Mika annonce un concert caritatif pour soutenir les Libanais
  • Nawal Bonnefoy
  • Le 21/08/2020 à 10:00

L'argent récolté sera distribué à deux associations: la Croix Rouge libanaise, et Save The Children Lebanon.

Mika se mobilise pour les habitants de Beyrouth. Le chanteur libano-britannique a annoncé ce vendredi matin qu'il donnera le 19 septembre prochain un concert "intime", afin de récolter des fonds pour les victimes des explosions du 4 août dernier.

"La terrible explosion au port de Beyrouth a tué des centaines de personnes, en a blessé des milliers, et en a laissé beaucoup sans toit. J'avais envie de faire quelque chose pour aider, à mon échelle", a écrit l'artiste et ancien coach de The Voice sur Instagram.

Des billets en vente lundi

Mika promet "une performance très spéciale avec des surprises", qui sera diffusée sur Youtube, sur quatre fuseaux horaires. "Vous pouvez acheter des tickets en faisant un don de 10 £ ou plus sur ma page GoFundMe", a expliqué la star, précisant que les billets seront mis en vente ce lundi 24 août. L'argent récolté sera ensuite distribué à deux associations: la Croix Rouge libanaise, et Save The Children Lebanon.

"Beyrouth a traversé tant de choses, et la résilience et la force dont font preuve les Libanais sont indéniables. C'est mon lieu de naissance, une partie de moi, qui sera pour toujours dans mon coeur", a conclut Mika.
  • Like 1

I'm so excited for this! Finally a Mika concert I can actually go to this year and it's only £10. Already been discussing this with my Mum for how we're going to organise the day. Lot's of snacks and all speakers will be plugged in! Think I might even dress up for the occasion. 

Of course this is an occasion that is bitter sweet. No one could have predicted what happened in Beirut, if those chemicals had never been stored in the warehouse then we wouldn't be experiencing this concert at all. We all want to see Mika perform live, but I hope people don't forget what this is for. I really hope that something like this brings out the kindness in everyone and they can support the people of Lebanon. 

I really don't think it would be fair either if someone records the concert on their computer to share for free later, this is a special charity event, where hopefully money raised will far exceed the goal amount, it is not a free for all!

• Like 4