Le Cœur Holiday - Song and Lyrics Discussion

krysady

@carafon thanks, I had been wondering if the first lines refer to crying, it very much makes sense this way. Those first lines speak of such a heavy heart, even just reading them my heart feels heavy. And then the song shows a way out of it. And that is this Soprano part of the song where it gets superficial and commercial. I love the depth of Mika's songs & lyrics, and because I know his music, I can understand also the rest of the song, it's the same topic as "Elle me dit danse", as "even when I'm sad and feeling bad, I'll get the whole world to celebrate" (live intro 2012/13 to Celebrate), as "If it's the end of the world let's party", as this idea of finding the beauty in sadness. 

As a matter of fact, I'd punch anyone in the face who told me "move your body left and right", when I'm in a state like Mika describes in the first few lines. 😅 But generally, to have someone who lifts you up and makes you get out of bed and distract you when you're depressed, that's a good thing and I suppose that's the meaning behind all these lyrics, even if most of them express this in a rather superficial and repetitive way. In fact, if I think of Corona times, it's a powerful message to say keep the celebration and the holiday feeling in your heart. Because if you're in lockdown this is the only way, you can't actually go to a club and party and get distraction, you have to imagine these things, feel them in your heart, to avoid getting pulled down by all the bad news.

Finally, I can say that the more often I listen to this song, the more I like it. :wub2: And I'm very much looking forward to that animated video clip, I love the style of it and I can't wait to see what story it tells. I think it might add some depth to the song. ❤

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, mellody said:

@carafon thanks, I had been wondering if the first lines refer to crying, it very much makes sense this way. Those first lines speak of such a heavy heart, even just reading them my heart feels heavy. And then the song shows a way out of it. And that is this Soprano part of the song where it gets superficial and commercial. I love the depth of Mika's songs & lyrics, and because I know his music, I can understand also the rest of the song, it's the same topic as "Elle me dit danse", as "even when I'm sad and feeling bad, I'll get the whole world to celebrate" (live intro 2012/13 to Celebrate), as "If it's the end of the world let's party", as this idea of finding the beauty in sadness. 

As a matter of fact, I'd punch anyone in the face who told me "move your body left and right", when I'm in a state like Mika describes in the first few lines. 😅 But generally, to have someone who lifts you up and makes you get out of bed and distract you when you're depressed, that's a good thing and I suppose that's the meaning behind all these lyrics, even if most of them express this in a rather superficial and repetitive way. In fact, if I think of Corona times, it's a powerful message to say keep the celebration and the holiday feeling in your heart. Because if you're in lockdown this is the only way, you can't actually go to a club and party and get distraction, you have to imagine these things, feel them in your heart, to avoid getting pulled down by all the bad news.

Finally, I can say that the more often I listen to this song, the more I like it. :fangurl: And I'm very much looking forward to that animated video clip, I love the style of it and I can't wait to see what story it tells. I think it might add some depth to the song. :wub2:

Yes I think that in the beginning Mika says that he's sad and Soprano answers to get up and dance (like in "elle me dit" in a way ) 

Then Soprano says that he's angry and it's Mika's turn to say to be high

I saw somewhere that they recorded it one year ago , that's why I thought about their feelings towards their parent's illness 

Maybe with the Covid and the end of the holidays they decided that it was a good timing to release it now ?

Of course it's kindda commercial song but I realy believe that ther's also a story behind

Btw Soprano is still a coach at "the voice kids" so if the sanitary situation allows it and if Mika isn't too occupied by XF , there may be a duet for the final  ?

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I know but it seems to me that everyone likes this song and I really wanna join the party but I have the feeling, I'm listening to a different song than the rest... :sweatdrop::lol3:

Don't worry , with the Covid it's better to party alone .....:naughty:

• Haha 7

26 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I know but it seems to me that everyone likes this song and I really wanna join the party but I have the feeling, I'm listening to a different song than the rest... :sweatdrop::lol3:

Not everyone, we have our party as well, please feel free to join :thumb_yello:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Finally, I can say that the more often I listen to this song, the more I like it. :wub2: And I'm very much looking forward to that animated video clip, I love the style of it and I can't wait to see what story it tells. I think it might add some depth to the song. ❤

Wow, this analysis really hit home. It would make so much sense, with Mika saying the song has a lot of meaning to him. 

Now I feel a bit better moving my body left to right when this is on 😊😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

I prefer this song to Bella d'Estate but for me, it doesn't have that magical quality I expect in Mika's music.  Saying that, it's still a fun summer track. 

Exactly that. I can understand the special meaning it has for Mika, but that's just because I tried to find out what the lyrics mean, which I suppose most non-French speakers won't do. But apart from that, it's nothing more or less than a fun summer track, like there are dozens on the radio. Which is cool though, it might get him radioplay, I'm not worried that all Mika songs from now on will sound like this, and it's a much better option than hearing nothing from him for months. :teehee:

• Like 4

I'm moving Eriko's video here , because at some point Mika explains how he wrote this song in 15 minutes as a sad/funny postcard

He also says that it was his idea to have a duet and he asked Soprano if he would be interrested to join

Edited by carafon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, carafon said:

I'm moving Eriko's video here , because at some point Mika explains how he wrote this song in 15 minutes as a sad/funny postcard

He also says that it was his idea to have a duet and he asked Soprano if he would be interrested to join

Thank you for this! I’m so grateful for translations. I can read French (like, eh, 60% 😅), but listening is so much harder 🙈

• Like 3

I'm really loving this song! I actually woke up with it still in my head 😄

Has anyone seen the films Rio + Rio 2?

Le Coeur Holiday wouldn't be out of place in those films! For me it seems to have a Latin American feel! 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mellody said:

Exactly that. I can understand the special meaning it has for Mika, but that's just because I tried to find out what the lyrics mean, which I suppose most non-French speakers won't do. But apart from that, it's nothing more or less than a fun summer track, like there are dozens on the radio. Which is cool though, it might get him radioplay, I'm not worried that all Mika songs from now on will sound like this, and it's a much better option than hearing nothing from him for months. :teehee:

It's definitely better than nothing and if it makes him happy, it makes me happy too  :original:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Le Coeur Holiday wouldn't be out of place in those films! For me it seems to have a Latin American feel! 

I've seen the first part. Hadn't thought of it yet but yes, I guess it'd fit. :)

• Like 2

Well both new songs grew on me after I caught a glimse of the videos and concentrated on Mika's voice :wub2:

They can't compete with My Name is Michael Holbrook songs that take me straight to heaven, but they are nice summer songs.

I think those collabs are good for introducing Mika to more people in both countries. I often listen to skyrock which is urban/rap music based (especially for US rap and R'N'B because apart from a few exceptions French rap is not my cup of tea) and they play Soprano songs a lot and I felt sad they didn't play Mika because lots of young people listen to Skyrock and this song is the one chance for Mika to be played on Skyrock with a new song.  Because the other French radios that play Mika once in a while usually play Grace Kelly and 80's songs and that's it....which is such a shame as he has been making so many more wonderful songs...

So I am hopeful for this song to be a summer hit since it is a very catchy song that makes you want to dance and contributes to make Mika more known.

And I can tell Mika wrote parts of it as it is as he said similar to stay high or as he says in concerts "When life throws rocks at you, dance" this is exactly that song message too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

It is very catchy indeed :wub2:

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 10:02 AM, mellody said:

In case the chorus sounds familar and you wonder why: :teehee:

Oh my word I've only just got round to listening to this to see what you meant and it certainly sounds similar! 😁

There's 3 songs coming from Mika (Danna's coming soon) so one to make us happy, one to make us sad and one to give us good love... :teehee:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Well both new songs grew on me after I caught a glimse of the videos and concentrated on Mika's voice :wub2:

They can't compete with My Name is Michael Holbrook songs that take me straight to heaven, but they are nice summer songs.

I think those collabs are good for introducing Mika to more people in both countries. I often listen to skyrock which is urban/rap music based (especially for US rap and R'N'B because apart from a few exceptions French rap is not my cup of tea) and they play Soprano songs a lot and I felt sad they didn't play Mika because lots of young people listen to Skyrock and this song is the one chance for Mika to be played on Skyrock with a new song.  Because the other French radios that play Mika once in a while usually play Grace Kelly and 80's songs and that's it....which is such a shame as he has been making so many more wonderful songs...

So I am hopeful for this song to be a summer hit since it is a very catchy song that makes you want to dance and contributes to make Mika more known.

And I can tell Mika wrote parts of it as it is as he said similar to stay high or as he says in concerts "When life throws rocks at you, dance" this is exactly that song message too.

Yeah you're right ,  this song may  introduce Mika to a younger public .

My nieces who are 11 yo and their friends  love Soprano's songs and I'm sure they will love " Le coeur holiday" , and that there is a good chance that it will be played on radio.

I also think that it may be a good concert song ,at least in Francophon countries,  because the chorus is easy to remember and at the end he can change the town's names to please the public

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, krysady said:

From the first second I've listened to this one I had this strange feeling that I know the song from somewhere and now I remembered. It's exactly the same melody:

Oh my, I hear it, too! Hope that won’t get them into trouble!? It is VERY similar 🙈

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Oh my, I hear it, too! Hope that won’t get them into trouble!? It is VERY similar 🙈

No worries .....Kenji is Mika's son .....:wink2:

Edited by carafon
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

5 minutes ago, carafon said:

Kenji is Mika's son .....:wink2:

So maybe he'll give the credits to his son :teehee:

• Haha 4