Le Cœur Holiday - Song and Lyrics Discussion

krysady

I think this beat and type of songs is very common so I don't think it's similar to the song by Kendji, it's just the same style. I guess you could find a lot of other songs with that beat. 

For example, it reminds me a bit of this song by GIMS too:

Edited by giraffeandy

2 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

That's a totally different melody, different rhythm, the Kendji's song has exactly the same melodic structure. At least this is what I hear :)

My feelings are always stange when it's this kind of songs. Basically, I like the song. It's catchy, full of joy, nice. But it's not the kind of things I prefer from Mika. I had the same feeling with  Elle me dit (well...  I think I prefer when he sings slower songs in french). It may be nice, but it's not really Mika. I know he can make a lot more better, like he made with MNIMH. What bother me is that with that kind of songs, people doesn't see him for what he can really make. Well, that is up to him, after all, it's his decision, and I complain about his single's choices since the 2nd album But it bother me anyway. 

But I don't dislike this song. I like it, for itself. It's a good song for this year we're living, it's very good for dancing, the message is nice too... it's enjoyable enough. It's  nice, even if it's not like all these songs I don't have enough. It's all that matters for a single, and all I expected for a collaboration, with Soprano especially. It's good to hear him, though, I like it enough for being happy. 

P.S : I already know I will love the clip. If there's an animated clip with animals in it, I will fall immediately. I'm pretty weak when it comes to animation AND animals. 

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I think this beat and type of songs is very common so I don't think it's similar to the song by Kendji, it's just the same style. I guess you could find a lot of other songs with that beat. 

And do you think we can expect something like that with Danna?

3 hours ago, krysady said:

That's a totally different melody, different rhythm, the Kendji's song has exactly the same melodic structure. At least this is what I hear :)

I couldn't think of a better example so quickly as I don't listen to this style of music as much but it has a similar tropical vibe and beat... 

2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

And do you think we can expect something like that with Danna?

I have no idea... :dunno: But I really hope it's a better song than her last two singles I've heard on Spotify. 

• Like 1

Of the two singles, this is the one I prefer.  I think Soprano's voice works much better with Mika than Michele's, and the tune is more memorable.

But I think both songs are quite bland, there's nothing that would make me rush out and buy either.

Looking forward to the animation though, from the clip I've seen

• Like 6

On 8/29/2020 at 11:58 PM, silver said:

Of the two singles, this is the one I prefer.  I think Soprano's voice works much better with Mika than Michele's, and the tune is more memorable.

But I think both songs are quite bland, there's nothing that would make me rush out and buy either.

Looking forward to the animation though, from the clip I've seen

@Silver yes! i'agree with you!! i prefer "Le coeur holiday me too... :yes:

Personally I really like this song! It's certainly not my favorite Mika song, but I've had it on repeat for the past few days sooooo  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it's quite fun that he's doing something a bit different, and I love his explanation of the song as closing your eyes and being on vacation- that's exactly the vibe I get from it. It's become one of those songs that when I listen to it, it instantly boosts my mood

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ramonapest said:

Personally I really like this song! It's certainly not my favorite Mika song, but I've had it on repeat for the past few days sooooo  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it's quite fun that he's doing something a bit different, and I love his explanation of the song as closing your eyes and being on vacation- that's exactly the vibe I get from it. It's become one of those songs that when I listen to it, it instantly boosts my mood

It’s the Mika effect!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/28/2020 at 10:06 AM, krysady said:

I like Soprano, he's a nice and humble guy. The question is : if you wouldn't know that Mika is involved in this, would you still listen to it? I mean there's a lot of French songs with the same rhythm, exactly this commercial type of beat, all the productions of Kakou prod sounds like that, it's the same pattern. 

I don't find their voices matching well together at all. Mika and Jack Savoretti, that's a perfect match :wub2:  The lyrics have nothing special or any deepness, it's just like someone put together randomly some words. 

Probably it's just me, but I can't find absolutely nothing from Mika in this song, I'm sorry... 

yes I would listen to it because I also listen to other songs of Soprano after I fell in love with Fragile by him

On 8/28/2020 at 10:14 PM, mellody said:

@carafon thanks, I had been wondering if the first lines refer to crying, it very much makes sense this way. Those first lines speak of such a heavy heart, even just reading them my heart feels heavy. And then the song shows a way out of it. And that is this Soprano part of the song where it gets superficial and commercial. I love the depth of Mika's songs & lyrics, and because I know his music, I can understand also the rest of the song, it's the same topic as "Elle me dit danse", as "even when I'm sad and feeling bad, I'll get the whole world to celebrate" (live intro 2012/13 to Celebrate), as "If it's the end of the world let's party", as this idea of finding the beauty in sadness. 

As a matter of fact, I'd punch anyone in the face who told me "move your body left and right", when I'm in a state like Mika describes in the first few lines. 😅 But generally, to have someone who lifts you up and makes you get out of bed and distract you when you're depressed, that's a good thing and I suppose that's the meaning behind all these lyrics, even if most of them express this in a rather superficial and repetitive way. In fact, if I think of Corona times, it's a powerful message to say keep the celebration and the holiday feeling in your heart. Because if you're in lockdown this is the only way, you can't actually go to a club and party and get distraction, you have to imagine these things, feel them in your heart, to avoid getting pulled down by all the bad news.

Finally, I can say that the more often I listen to this song, the more I like it. :wub2: And I'm very much looking forward to that animated video clip, I love the style of it and I can't wait to see what story it tells. I think it might add some depth to the song. ❤

I alsi see it like you. Le Coeur Holiday gives me a happy light feeling even when life is very hard for me at the moment because of work

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

yes I would listen to it because I also listen to other songs of Soprano after I fell in love with Fragile by him

If you're a fan of Soprano's music, it's obvious, that's a particular case   :thumb_yello:

So I translated the lyrics into English

Le coeur holiday English translation

See those rivers under my eyes

My prayers to those Gods

I have never seen a winter, such a cold winter

Never seen hell, from so close

Come on, move your body to the right and to the left

Come on, twist yourself

We are not automatons

Come on, dance, dance at whatever cost, we don't need, we don't need doubts

Come on, move, don't stay in your bed

What are you saying? You already said all that stuff

Turn on any music, any song.

Come on, turn it up, there are too many things in our heads, too many nights without advice

Keep celebrating in your heart, keep your heart on holidays

We are fine anywhere, this is what the sun is

Keep celebrating in your heart, keep your heart on holidays

And when you fall down on your knees, keep your heart on holidays

And if life drives you crazy, even without the sun

Keep your heart high, keep celebrating in your heart

With you, no matter where , in Miami or Marseille

Keep your heart high, keep your heart on holidays

With you, no matter where , in Miami or Marseille

Keep your heart high, keep your heart on holidays

And when you fall down on your knees, keep your heart on holidays

And if life drives you crazy, even without the sun