Mika is Missing: Fun Fan Theories

TinyLove_CJ

2 hours ago, mellody said:

As long as they don't pretend it's him who is posting while it's not - that would be the worst.

Agreed, totally! I appreciate what you said about his past patterns with using social media, and it truly does feel wonderful when you can tell he's trying to make a genuine connection rather than just promoting this or that thing. I say this coming from a year of ONLY listening to his music and not following him on SM at all (more by accident than by choice). For some reason I had this image in my head that he was a very private person and wanted to lay low for most of the pandemic while he came up with new music. Clearly I was wrong... or at the very least I had him mixed up with Andy's way! :D 

• Like 2

It’s a sunny day and I’m full of theories:

- he’s having a coffee in his balcony in Greece

- he’s buying wine in his favourite square in Paris

- he’s preparing and singing love songs (plants have feelings!) to his garden in Tuscany for a good harvest

- he’s walking around and jumping over fallen branches and trees due to the storm together with Melachi and Amira

- he’s taking a nap - anywhere in the world

- he’s shaking his head in utter embarrassment of what silly fans he has :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

- he’s preparing and singing love songs (plants have feelings!) to his garden in Tuscany for a good harvest

- he’s walking around and jumping over fallen branches and trees due to the storm together with Melachi and Amira

- he’s shaking his head in utter embarrassment of what silly fans he has :facepalm:

If in England he's building a snowman :naughty:

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I'll add:

- preparing a delicious meal, or

- enjoying a delicious meal

Depending on time zone and his fasting schedule. :wink2:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Anyway I think he is not rehearsing for the US tour.

Max ans Clement de Witt (the new guitarist) are in France. Alban probably as well. So it makes almost the whole band.

But he has to do some preparations for the tour for sure! 

At least in the meantime new festival dates come out :thumb_yello:

maybe recording more in the studio in Rome? Or in another studio. The last time he was quiet about where he is, he was in Rome... I'm sure that while he's working in the studio he doesn't want any distractions by fans trying to find him, if they live nearby.

Or maybe he's sleeping in the desert to get a feeling for his camel work. :teehee: Or some top secret activities. Maybe he's a spy in his free time. :glasses3: :naughty:

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, mellody said:

Or some top secret activities. Maybe he's a spy in his free time. :glasses3: :naughty:

It's funny you should say that, when I got my MFC 15th anniversary mug today, I showed it to my Mum, she didn't have her glasses on and thought it said MI5 :lmfao:

Well me and my Mum have started a Bond movie marathon today! Mika does look good in a sharp suit, but I wonder how he likes his martinis? 😁

• Haha 5

28 minutes ago, mellody said:

. :teehee: Or some top secret activities. Maybe he's a spy in his free time. :glasses3: :naughty:

:floor:  I thought you'd settled on him being a gentleman thief? 

But who would he spy for? Lebanon, Italy, France, USA, UK? So many options. :dunno:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

If so, he would be the worst spy ever. He is too honest for his own good :facepalm::lol3:

That could be what he wants you to think... :biggrin2:

10 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

It's funny you should say that, when I got my MFC 15th anniversary mug today, I showed it to my Mum, she didn't have her glasses on and thought it said MI5 :lmfao:

:lmfao:

10 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Mika does look good in a sharp suit, but I wonder how he likes his martinis? 😁

He loves olives, so... Dirty.  :glasses:  :naughty:  

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Hero said:

:floor:  I thought you'd settled on him being a gentleman thief? 

Ah yes, like Val Kilmer in The Saint, I love that movie... or Bruce Willis in Hudson Hawk - singing songs while stealing things, to execute each step of the coup just in time. :biggrin2: 

44 minutes ago, Hero said:

But who would he spy for? Lebanon, Italy, France, USA, UK? So many options. :dunno:

Hmm, as an independent contractor for the UN, to make sure every country keeps to the agreements of peace and human rights. He's saving the world of course, what did you think?! :bleh:

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Mika does look good in a sharp suit, but I wonder how he likes his martinis? 😁

I have no clue about Martinis (not sure I ever tried one) and would've thought he prefers Champagne, but in the BBB video spy scene he does have a Martini: :teehee:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-20 um 00.33.39.png

• Like 4

Hmm, as an independent contractor for the UN, to make sure every country keeps to the agreements of peace and human rights. He's saving the world of course, what did you think?! :bleh:

:lol3: I was going to suggest he'd be an operative for the UN! But I wasn't sure if they'd even have a spy department. Now I realise, we probably wouldn't know if they did...

I have no clue about Martinis (not sure I ever tried one) and would've thought he prefers Champagne, but in the BBB video spy scene he does have a Martini: :teehee:

I think in one of the interviews around MNIMH being released, he said his current drink was Campari and soda, like an Italian gentleman from the 1950s.

Of course, that could have changed. Maybe now he prefers a glass of camel's milk? :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/18/2022 at 6:49 PM, Prisca said:

Dear Mika, :bye:

We were very happy to see that you have made a new play list and keep posting new concert dates. :yes:

But we would also appreciate something personal where you say hello, where we can guess where you are and with your girls or preferably all three things. :glasses:

Can you please post something like this on Twitter or Instagram? :original:

:puppy_eyes:  :pray:

:fairy:

grafik.png.68245a202fb6020a49bf96174fcff5ee.png

As you can see, my whispering did not reach Mika.  smilie_denk_14.gif

He posted stuff again, but again only new festivals and stuff that is not so personal. Which is definitely better than nothing, because that way we know he's ok. :original:

On 2/15/2022 at 8:23 PM, mellody said:

I wonder if he'll do more with the playlists people make this time than he did the last time (which was:  nothing at all). "Can't wait to see it"? Not sure I believe him. :dunno_grin: 

On 2/18/2022 at 2:57 PM, mellody said:

Dunno why... maybe because none of these posts is personal. Although the Soundtrack of Empathy could be, but even that post didn't sound very personal.

On 2/18/2022 at 2:57 PM, mellody said:

He has also disappeared for quite some time last year after posting about the Soundtrack of Empathy. Like "send me your playlists so I can get to know you better", and then, nothing. Makes me wonder why. And if it's the same reason this time, or something else.

I think he looked at them, he just didn't write anything about it. :dunno_grin:

Maybe he really posted the playlist to give us something to do, because he doesn't want to post when he's recording because he doesn't want to be "bothered" by fans? :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

Who knows, maybe we will find some songs in the playlist he plays right before his show starts? 

Or maybe he just really wants to get a feel what his fans like, what is going on and what they identify with. In the end it’s the only way to communicate in a language we all speak, which is music. For him being a performing artist is pretty much a one way street. 

• Like 3

Just now, holdingyourdrink said:

Who knows, maybe we will find some songs in the playlist he plays right before his show starts? 

Or maybe he just really wants to get a feel what his fans like, what is going on and what they identify with. In the end it’s the only way to communicate in a language we all speak, which is music. For him being a performing artist is pretty much a one way street. 

And this way there is a form of interaction that doesn’t include the “OMG MIKA I LOVE YOU YOU ARE MY LIFE OMG OMG OMG” :facepalm::biggrin2:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I've also thought that maybe he gets inspiration from the playlists people post, discovers new songs and writes new songs himself as a result. :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

When Mika is quiet, we are quiet :teehee: I have a feeling it’s the calm before the storm, the REAL storm. 

Only 40 days until Boston!! I have a feeling a lot is happening until then, maybe not yet known to us, but there is a LOT going on. I’m super stoked!!!! 

It's true - I think there is a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't see. Every once in a while Mika will sort of pull back the curtain and reveals that. I'm getting excited as well, finally have my train and hotel booked for New York!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

But.... but why we can see 2 11 22 displayed on the story? Does it mean 11th of February 2022????

Or it's a part of the filter?

Hmmm... I tested this filter. I have seen today's date on my screen.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2