Mika is Missing: Fun Fan Theories

TinyLove_CJ

In all honesty I think he truly is hiding from social media. All the negative comments he has received is out of proportion… yes we are all sad, but I’m very sure he is bothered by it just as much as we are - from a different perspective, but just as bothered.

I am still quite numb from the news, just as everyone else.. let’s start planning a get together WITHOUT KIDNAPPING ANYONE PLEASE :lol3:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

In all honesty I think he truly is hiding from social media. All the negative comments he has received is out of proportion… yes we are all sad, but I’m very sure he is bothered by it just as much as we are - from a different perspective, but just as bothered.

I am still quite numb from the news, just as everyone else.. let’s start planning a get together WITHOUT KIDNAPPING ANYONE PLEASE :lol3:

I hope he does not read the comments in the social media. There are some positive postes of course. But some of them are like poison and can kill.

• Like 3

People just get things out of proportion.  Yes it's very disappointing, but we are just talking about some pop concerts - there are far more important things to be concerned about:  droughts, floods, war, food shortages, energy shortages, refugees, etc.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I hope he does not read the comments in the social media. There are some positive postes of course. But some of them are like poison and can kill.

I am afraid he does… maybe not all of them, just skim through, but they are awful… No wonder he is not saying anything. Anything he says will not be taken lightly, I’m afraid. I just hope it will not affect him too much. Wish the voices that put it into perspective more were louder.

• Like 2

Just now, holdingyourdrink said:

Poor bloke :lol3: it worked in 2020 though! But by his own free will :biggrin2: (I think?! I hope!?)

I think someone sent him an atlas to show him there was more to the world than America and Europe :wink2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, holdingyourdrink said:

I am afraid he does… maybe not all of them, just skim through, but they are awful… No wonder he is not saying anything. Anything he says will not be taken lightly, I’m afraid. I just hope it will not affect him too much. Wish the voices that put it into perspective more were louder.

I don't think he reads the comments under his posts because of the postponement of the tour, as he can imagine how negative they will be...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I don't think he reads the comments under his posts because of the postponement of the tour, as he can imagine how negative they will be...

He threw the bomb and left before it exploded creating a tsunami ... :dog:

• Like 2

One thing I will say. We know that Mika is not a coward. If he needs to stand up, for himself or for someone else, he will. At the moment, self preservation is important. Some of the comments on SM have been absurd. I truly hope he is avoiding them. 😔 

Hopefully the initial shock will fade, and people will think about what they've said. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Hero said:

One thing I will say. We know that Mika is not a coward. If he needs to stand up, for himself or for someone else, he will. At the moment, self preservation is important. Some of the comments on SM have been absurd. I truly hope he is avoiding them. 😔 

Hopefully the initial shock will fade, and people will think about what they've said. 

Don't worry I didn't mean that he was a coward

But he probably knew from former experiences ( Covid cancellations , "the voice" controversies , his abandoned book .....) that he was going to receive hard comments and better leave for a while waiting people to calm down .

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

To be honest, I'm appalled at some of the things SOME so-called "fans" have said, on Twitter in particular. Said with the intention of hurting Mika, when, let's face it, he didn't postpone this tour to intentionally hurt anyone! And if anyone stops to think about it, Mika and his team are also being hurt -- financially and emotionally -- just as much as any of us. They have been working on this tour for months. As I said on the Instagram Live the other day, I totally understand fans being upset over losing money and/or vacation time -- those are reasonable concerns, and in these economically challenging times, no one can really afford to lose a dime! I get that. But to say that you hope Mika's career is over in Italy because of this? And worse? That's just unreasonable and out of proportion. And then they demand to know the REAL reasons, and demand that he make some kind of video or Instagram Live explaining what happened. I don't know about you, but I sure wouldn't want to open myself up to being attacked even more like that. I mean, it's been hard enough sifting through all the messages on the MFC's social media.

I do want to lay to rest any ideas people may have that the tour postponement is due to any health issues -- I've seen a certain group of fans putting this forth as the REAL reason. Mika is very healthy and fit, as I think we've all witnessed, and the REAL reasons have to do with unforeseeable and unavoidable production problems. I don't understand why people can't comprehend that sometimes things go wrong -- you can't predict everything that will happen, and you can't correct every problem. :dunno: Whether we ever get to know more details is sort of a moot point -- it won't change the fact that the Magic Piano Tour is not happening as planned.

Anyway... sorry to go so far  :offtopic:

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, carafon said:

Don't worry I didn't mean that he was a coward

But he prebably knew from former experiences ( Covid cancellation , the voice controversies , his abandoned book .....) that he was going to receive hard comments and better leave for a while waiting people to calm down .

Well. The announcement HAD to be posted. (the bomb HAD to be thrown) . As you said he was expecting hard comments. Of course there are always people writing hard things. But what's the point if Mika writes something now? Fans will post even more bad comments. Because it's always like this. There is no a good answer now. We all need time to digest the situation. It's funny how some fans express their opinions lightly without knowing the real reasons... Let's wait. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

. Whether we ever get to know more details is sort of a moot point -- it won't change the fact that the Magic Piano Tour is not happening as planned.

Well , I think it's like when you're loosing somebody unexpectivly . Even if it doesn't change anything , it may help to have a reasonable explanation to cope with the situation

• Like 4

1 minute ago, carafon said:

Well , I think it's like when you're loosing somebody unexpectivly . Even if it doesn't change anything , it may help to have a reasonable explanation to cope with the situation

I get your point. I guess I have just gotten used to the fact that there will always be things that I won't, for whatever reason, know. Especially when it comes to Mika World.

• Like 6

The biggest issue isn't the money - sure, that feels unfair because ticketone is a shit company and keeps money they shouldn't be allowed to keep, but that's not Mika's fault. And travel plans, well... I guess if we can afford to travel to Italy for a concert, we can also afford going there for a leisure trip. Annoying, but we'll get over it. But it feels like someone you love canceled on you without giving you much of an explanation or even much of a sincere apology. That just feels like they don't love you anymore, even if that's not true but just bad circumstances, and then they disappear and you're left with nothing but your pain and your thoughts that keep asking why. That just hurts so much that it still really pulls me down if I think about it too much. I have to focus on factual things and stop feeling and caring that much, that makes it much easier to deal with things and move on, plan Verona etc. So if I whine about the money and the organization etc., that just helps me to distract myself from my emotions. But it's already much better than it was on Wednesday.

Anyway ofc I agree that some of the comments, especially a lot of those on Twitter, were really hurtful, like why wish anyone anything bad? "Getting angry doesn't solve anything".

Anyway, to get back to the topic of theories, my fave theory atm is that he finally realized he's only human like we all are, and can't deal with a schedule that would be enough for 5 people - and as he can't cancel the movie soundtrack, he had to cancel the tour. So now he's working like a maniac on the soundtrack, to get it finished in time... isn't it so relatable that he might just have procrastinated and be late, as it could happen to any of us? :dunno_grin: So when he's finally done with the soundtrack, he will have learnt from it and go back to a normal schedule with one thing after another, first Italy, then a French album, then UK, then Asia, then an English album, then USA, etc. - so we can all be happy when it's our turn to get a little bit of Mika love. :pinkbow:

• Like 7

My other theory is that: didn’t he say that tension is more important than love? Okay, he said this in the context of a romantic relationship, but since we’re in a parasocial relationship with him, I can honestly say: I feel a whole lotta tension! :biggrin2:

To respond to what @carafonand @mellodyhave said, the thing with the kind of emotion that was provoked: I am 100% sure it was never his intention, it’s (as impersonal as it sounds, I do not mean to sound insensitive) collateral damage to the cancelling of the tour. Unfortunately he will not be available to console us, but fortunately we have eachother. So let’s do exactly that! In the other topic we already spoke about meeting at Giardini Vittorio Emanuele II and do a Picknick on the evening where the first concert would take place ❤️

• Like 1