Mika is Missing: Fun Fan Theories

TinyLove_CJ

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't know if this sort of shops are open in Paris due to the lockdown.

Good point! I'm so used to working from home now, I forget shops are still closed. :doh:

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Anyway, I believe him that he's there. :dunno_grin:Or at least was yesterday. 

:naughty: Honestly, I believe him too. I think he is (or was) there. My post was kind of in jest. :wink2:

1 hour ago, krysady said:

( although most likely he is in Italy for XF )

:crossed: :crossed: :crossed: 

Well, that is one of the best Mika interviews ever and the host it's his good friend, probably that's why such a personal approach.

Ah, I didn't know they were friends, thank you. I agree, it was an amazing interview, and I'll definitely rewatch. I just got a bit upset early on when the host's intro made a joke about the school bullies throwing things at his head, it didn't seem right. :tears: Maybe displaced anger, I dunno. I get protective sometimes. :dunno: But, he handled it all with his usual grace, dignity and aplomb, all was well in the end. ❤️

And there's also some special interviews that is worth to watch like these ones: 

Thanks! I've seen the first one, but not the second, I'll watch it tonight. :cheer:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, krysady said:

He said he saw them in person so I do believe him that he was there, but he could have been already in Italy at the time he posted ... or elsewhere in the world :aah: ( although most likely he is in Italy for XF )

Well, that is one of the best Mika interviews ever and the host it's his good friend, probably that's why such a personal approach. And there's also some special interviews that is worth to watch like these ones: 

Thanks. I had seen some bits of these without subtitles before, but watching it all with subtitles is a lot more interesting. Especially the Italian one. His meeting with Dario Fo is so sweet. :wub2: And what he says afterwards, that it was so surreal but surreal is bad because he can't really believe it and the next morning he'll think "oh no, why didn't I say that, why didn't I touch him more?" :lol: Welcome to our world, Mika. :mf_rosetinted: :mikalove: :omg_fans:

And I totally agree with what he says about love, that it's constant change. And also the bit where he says he writes the best lovesongs when he's not in love, he said that a few times in interviews, but here he explains it in a way that I finally understand what he means by that.

And although this is getting slightly OT (but in a way you can count it to "keeping us busy while Mika doesn't post :teehee:), if we talk about special interviews, the ones from Giffoni film festival (especially the 2016 ones) shouldn't be missing.

part 1

part 2

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, mellody said:

and the next morning he'll think "oh no, why didn't I say that, why didn't I touch him more?" :lol:

Welcome to our world, Mika. :mf_rosetinted: :mikalove: :omg_fans:

I said exactly the same! :lol3: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, mellody said:

And I totally agree with what he says about love, that it's constant change. And also the bit where he says he writes the best lovesongs when he's not in love, he said that a few times in interviews, but here he explains it in a way that I finally understand what he means by that.

I liked very much how Daria did the interview, and even if he was struggling with his Italian at that time, it was a very interesting and "warm" interview.

Yes, Giffoni was so special and fun, thanks for posting! :wub2:  I am still very sorry that we never got videos of his speech at Bocconi University, I find it very interesting when he is answering to the students' questions.

Edited by krysady
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, krysady said:

I am still very sorry that we never got videos of his speech at Bocconi University, I find it very interesting when he is answering to the students' questions.

Was that the one from 2013 or so where he talked about Marketing? Indeed, I also would have loved to hear that.

About Daria, in general I agree, but I thought she kept pressing him a bit too much about the abusive teacher, he obviously wasn't ready to talk about it at the time. Also at another point when she said something he looked at her like "just STOP it!!". In the Le Divan interview the personal questions didn't bother me, because the interview is set that way, it IS supposed to be about deeply personal topics and I'm sure Mika knew what he was signing up for by doing that. Anyway it's interesting to see how over the years he becomes more and more open and relaxed to talk about personal things, and this 2014 interview with Daria might even have opened the door to some of the later stuff.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Was that the one from 2013 or so where he talked about Marketing? Indeed, I also would have loved to hear that

Yes, that one, but it was not really about marketing, the title of his presentation was:  "Marketing, music and art: how far can you go? A lecture in honor of a Miami prostitute".  I remember him saying that he got very interesting questions from students, it is such a shame that we never got the recording :sad:

Edit: maybe this is the format for Daria's show as well, with personal topics, I guess Mika knew somehow what to expect :dunno_grin:

Later Edit: OT on MFC?? Naah, impossible! :teehee:

Edited by krysady
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, krysady said:

Later Edit: OT on MFC?? Naah, impossible! :teehee:

Um...  :offtopic:    :teehee: j/k

the title of his presentation was:  "Marketing, music and art: how far can you go? A lecture in honor of a Miami prostitute".  I remember him saying that he got very interesting questions from students, it is such a shame that we never got the recording :sad:

Oh that sounds great! Was the recording lost, or private, or just never released? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Hero said:

Oh that sounds great! Was the recording lost, or private, or just never released?

It was never released, we only got some blogs, pics and short articles from the event. In fact it was a secret also for students, they had no idea that Mika will be there. 

• Like 2

It was never released, we only got some blogs, pics and short articles from the event. In fact it was a secret also for students, they had no idea that Mika will be there. 

Here is an article in Italian for RevolArt.it about this meeting.

http://revolart.it/in-onore-di-una-prostituta-di-miami-mika-racconta-la-vera-storia-della-sua-vita/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Here is an article in Italian for RevolArt.it about this meeting

Yes, this and this: https://www.viasarfatti25.unibocconi.it/notizia.php?idArt=13020  is all we got, and there were some short videos posted by some students as well, but not available anymore.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think it's not a fountain but the place where camels drink water :roll1: So maybe he is on Sahara desert ?????

I guess that he is maybe preparing a song with orient style (like the "I love Beirut"-Promiseland) and is for this reason somewhere where camels are? :dunno_grin:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Hero said:

I've cracked it! Based on the latest Instagram posts, I'm going to say that he is...  *drumroll*

Somewhere in the Mediterranean area!

Yeah, still some work to do... :doh: :naughty:

008160-017-1268178_650x0.jpg

226146_10150335289108824_506263823_9664219_1414064_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

There are many light blue houses in Greece.

Maybe he is there?

Are there camels? I''m :hypo:.

OK, I did some recherche.

There is the Attica zoo in Athens and they have camels. And it is open right now. Maybe he was there some days ago and the "camel fountain" is from there? :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Prisca said:

There are many light blue houses in Greece.

Maybe he is there?

Are there camels? I''m :hypo:.

OK, I did some recherche.

There is the Attica zoo in Athens and they have camels. And it is open right now. Maybe he was there some days ago and the "camel fountain" is from there? :dunno_grin:

I've googled "Camel Fountain" :naughty:   and obviously...

fragment-fountain-camels-head-600w-10351

Edited by Mikasister
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Maybe he is there?

It's possible 

18 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Are there camels? I''m :hypo:

What I understand from his post is that he is reading a script about a camel, not that there's actually camels there, and he tried to get into the Bedouin mood with that scarf :dunno_grin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Maybe he's in Italy, doesn't he have so many projects there? :mf_rosetinted:

I think he said in Italian that he has many projects, but not actually that they are in Italy. :dunno_grin:

*Me speculating where Mika is, instead of doing what I should do: WORK. Prisca back to work: NOW. :bash:*

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I've checked the weather in Athens and Greece in general.

It's not so hot to wear a scarf on a head - it was around 20 degrees.

Maybe he wanted to bring himself in a Bedouin mood like @krysady said? :dunno_grin:

Edited by Prisca
  • Haha 3