2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July

krysady

12 minutes ago, Güldane said:

hello, do you think that were would be a systeme of numbering, like concerts in France ? I guess some fans will make queu at 8am...

yeah there was for his last show in london so probably the same for this :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Güldane said:

hello, do you think that were would be a systeme of numbering, like concerts in France ? I guess some fans will make queu at 8am...

It depends on the fans who are there early, someone has to take care of the numbers, but it's NOT an official system by the Fanclub, so MFC isn't responsible for it. Tho of course most (but not all) fans who are queueing early are MFCers. The point of this system is that people can leave the queue for a bit, to use the toilet or eat something, and get their place back - unfortunately some people misuse it and reserve places for their friends or leave the venue area for hours. 

In fact, I think we've been using this system in London already since 2007/2008, there's always lots of fans there - so I do suppose people will use it.

• Like 3

I like the idea of a queuing system, sounds like it will be quite organised! But will people really be there at 8am?!

Is this normal? 

Doors don't open 'till 7pm, I was planning on getting there about 2-3 hours earlier.

Also, I've already got shoes, handbag and hairstyle sorted, just need to decide on the rest of the outfit now! 😁

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I like the idea of a queuing system, sounds like it will be quite organised! But will people really be there at 8am?!

Is this normal? 

Doors don't open 'till 7pm, I was planning on getting there about 2-3 hours earlier.

Also, I've already got shoes, handbag and hairstyle sorted, just need to decide on the rest of the outfit now! 😁

Apparently, the first ones were already queuing in Vars at 07:00 am. 😅

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Is this normal? 

I was planning to get to London between 1 or 2 get some food and then around 4/5 I’d head there about 5pm

how does the queue system work tho out of curiosity?

I’m getting a train in the morning since it’s only 3 hours for me to get there?

I think I have an idea what I’ll wear but unfortunately I’ll have a small backpack or something since I’ll have my stuff to travel to my mums after?

also does it matter about queuing if I’m seated since I’m not trying to get a good standing view

its been a while since I went to any sort of concert 

Edited by Rebecca Wiseman
Also Us Brits hate to queue

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Is this normal? 

Personally I do not think its normal to start queueing at 8am🥴 We Dutchies are never early like that. It’s usually the French or Italians that are the early birds lol (sorry but you know it to be true :naughty:). In Amsterdam 11 is the earliest I’ve been 😅 Then again, we have this ‘dont be crazy, you’re already crazy as is’ mentality so we just don’t do that haha

edit; Plus I’d like to add that the last time we did numbers in Utrecht it went well until we could go up the stairs and they stopped us halfway the stairs. Was quite the mess. But I blame the venue on that one. We were all stuck on this tiny bit right in front of the stairs, squeezed into eachother like pigs ready for slaughter 😅 Ended up on 2nd row in the end, but boy was that messy. Plus me and my friends were separated because of it and they were about 2 meters away from me.

Edited by Maaikie...
  • Like 3

Could be purple and child are in :) ... and now keeping fingers and everything else crossed that this thing is on. Roundhouse is a wonderful venue with amazing staff

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

Yikes! Was it worth it though, did they get a better view?

I was also at the front row and got there at about 10.00 a.m., but was lucky that others had picked up a number for me maybe 07.30 or 08.00 a.m. I didn't know this number system. :dunno_grin:But it was ok and you could also leave because you had a number. But I was always there, except once to get food. But in the sun it was ok, only when the sun went away at 3 or 4 p.m. it got really cold. :original:

I guess you're also pretty far ahead if you're only queuing a few hours before the concert in London, or in general. :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

Just now, Hero said:

So the number system is an unofficial thing the fans agree to do amongst themselves? That's cool. How does it work, do we bring numbered tickets or labels to pass out? 

I quote mellody:

2 hours ago, mellody said:

It depends on the fans who are there early, someone has to take care of the numbers, but it's NOT an official system by the Fanclub, so MFC isn't responsible for it. Tho of course most (but not all) fans who are queueing early are MFCers. The point of this system is that people can leave the queue for a bit, to use the toilet or eat something, and get their place back - unfortunately some people misuse it and reserve places for their friends or leave the venue area for hours. 

In fact, I think we've been using this system in London already since 2007/2008, there's always lots of fans there - so I do suppose people will use it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

How does it work, do we bring numbered tickets or labels to pass out? 

In Vars they had a paper with the numbers and names, but I didn't get anything. :original:

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

So the number system is an unofficial thing the fans agree to do amongst themselves? That's cool. How does it work, do we bring numbered tickets or labels to pass out? 

Oh, much more low tech than that - usually a number written on your hand!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, silver said:

Queues in London start very early.  I seem to remember last time at the Roundhouse (very cold) there were already people queuing at 8am.  And lots of visits to the cafe to warm up.

At least this time it's in summer, so it shouldn't be that cold. 😅

The only problem with the number system is explaining it to non-MFCers, but most are agreeable once you explain the benefits.

Sadly, as mellody has mentioned, there are always some who abuse the system - turn up early to get low numbers, then disappear for hours to do shopping

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

Does the number/queueing system matter if you have a seated tickets or is just more important with the standing area 

sorry I’m just confused 

You have a seat number, don't you? Then you can only get there just before the concert. :original:

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

You have a seat number, don't you? Then you can only get there just before the concert. :original:

Yeah I have a Seat number 

okay so queuing doesn’t matter to me so if I get there at 5 it’s fine  

Edited by Rebecca Wiseman
Spelling
  • Like 1