2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July

krysady

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

Greek food is with a lot of garlic, isn't it? 😅🙈

I hadn't noticed that until now. What do you think @Hero? I don't remember any Greek food I've eaten so far having garlic. smilie_denk_09.gif Maybe it was hidden. :lol3: Greek food is definitely :licks_lips:.

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2021 at 3:20 PM, Rebecca Wiseman said:

unpoular but I’d also remove love today. I find when I’ve watched concerts online it goes on too long 

I didn't like Love Today when I first heard it on the CD in 2007, but after a few gigs it became my fave live song and still is. :wub2:

On 12/16/2021 at 5:34 PM, Christine said:

I've got tickets for this but not sure if I can make it. Would be nice to see everyone again though.

Hope you can make it, would love to see you again! :biggrin2:

10 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I hadn't noticed that until now. What do you think @Hero? I don't remember any Greek food I've eaten so far having garlic. smilie_denk_09.gif Maybe it was hidden. :lol3: Greek food is definitely :licks_lips:.

There's definitely garlic in tzatziki. :teehee:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Prisca said:

It uses garlic, but no more than other Mediterranean countries, maybe a bit less compared to Italy or Lebanon. :biggrin2: Olives and olive oil is the main thing. Strangely one thing I don't like!

• Like 2

Just now, holdingyourdrink said:

If it didn’t have any garlic… are you sure it was Greek food? :lol3:

So, the first place I ate in Paris in October was in a Greek restaurant, I hope hard that was Greek (they had also snails though :lmfao:  :teehee:).

And I spent two weeks on holiday on the Greek island of Kos 15 years ago (already :shocked:) and I don't remember the food being particularly garlic-heavy. But maybe I just don't remember it properly. :teehee:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

I didn't like Love Today when I first heard it on the CD in 2007, but after a few gigs it became my fave live song and still is. :wub2:

Hope you can make it, would love to see you again! :biggrin2:

There's definitely garlic in tzatziki. :teehee:

I like Love today as a song but from videos I’ve seen it just feels really long live 

I would Probally really enjoy it in the atmosphere of a gig tho 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

So, the first place I ate in Paris in October was in a Greek restaurant, I hope hard that was Greek (they had also snails though :lmfao:  :teehee:).

You had calamari or shrimp in sauce, didn't you? It looked authentic. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hero said:

Do you mean, you think you ordered the calamari. Or do you mean, you think what you ate was probably calamari? Cos there's a difference. :teehee:

I think I received what I ordered (he said the dish and I said that I ordered that :biggrin2:) unlike the Italians behind us. :teehee:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I think I received what I ordered (he said the dish and I said that I ordered that :biggrin2:) unlike the Italians behind us. :teehee:

Greek owner versus Italian customers - that was unexpected entertainment in Paris. :lmfao: Good job it ended well! 

• Like 1

I know this is stupid to think about but if doors open at 7 what time do you think Mika would finish 

not that I want it to end but I was just figuring out getting back to my mums after and relised it was 1h 40 rather then 40 mins as I though (wrong side of London ) so I’m just figuring out what time it would finish as to what time I’d get home 

And Sunday trains in particular are often iffy so maybe it’ll be best to get a hotel 

this is really a stupid thing to think about now 

1 minute ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

I know this is stupid to think about but if doors open at 7 what time do you think Mika would finish 

That depends on how Mikasoon Mika starts. :teehee:

I don't know when concerts usually start in London? So if the concert officially starts at 8.30pm and Mika starts at 9pm, then the concert will definitely go at least until 10.30pm, if Mika starts at 9.30pm, then until 11pm, I guess. :dunno_grin:

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

That depends on how Mikasoon Mika starts. :teehee:

I don't know when concerts usually start in London? So if the concert officially starts at 8.30pm and Mika starts at 9pm, then the concert will definitely go at least until 10.30pm, if Mika starts at 9.30pm, then until 11pm, I guess. :dunno_grin:

Yeah what I’m getting from that is A Mika starts whenever he feels like lol

B  the earliest I would get back is midnight so maybe a hotel would be best 

• Like 1

Just now, Rebecca Wiseman said:

Yeah what I’m getting from that is A Mika starts whenever he feels like lol

B  the earliest I would get back is midnight so maybe a hotel would be best 

Yes, if you want to enjoy the concert and not be stressed about catching the train, a hotel room would probably be best. :original:

• Like 1

Just now, Prisca said:

Yes, if you want to enjoy the concert and not be stressed about catching the train, a hotel room would probably be best. :original:

Yeah that’s what I was thinking cause I wouldn’t want to book a train and then miss it or worse knowing London the trains not even running

I know I’ve said to my mum I would see her but I can still go to hers on the Monday 

if I got a hotel I might even come down on the Saturday and stay overnight  so I can. Just have the whole of Sunday in London and know that I’m there and also so I don’t need to take my bag with me.

It wasn’t my original plan but It would be easier (and having got a job now I’ll have the money to spend )

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

Yeah that’s what I was thinking cause I wouldn’t want to book a train and then miss it or worse knowing London the trains not even running

I know I’ve said to my mum I would see her but I can still go to hers on the Monday 

if I got a hotel I might even come down on the Saturday and stay overnight  so I can. Just have the whole of Sunday in London and know that I’m there and also so I don’t need to take my bag with me.

It wasn’t my original plan but It would be easier (and having got a job now I’ll have the money to spend )

I’ll speak to my parents over the next few day to see what they say aswell 

but I just had this thought suddenly and wanted to get an estimate/advice 

• Like 1