Mika Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, website updates - 2022

Mikasister

2 hours ago, SusanT said:

I hope Mika or Baby K explains sometime the meaning of the male figure face down in the pool . Or is that what Mika means when he says things between the lovers could end really badly?

I took it as a reference to the classic film noir "Sunset Boulevard", which opens with a shot of a body in a swimming pool and then tells in flashback how he ended up there* (basically a woman shoots her lover when he tries to leave her).

*More complicated than that bare outline and worth watching if you get the chance

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SusanT said:

I hope Mika or Baby K explains sometime the meaning of the male figure face down in the pool . Or is that what Mika means when he says things between the lovers could end really badly?

Yeah, I think he referred to that. I don't know the movie @silver mentions, but I also thought she killed her lover in the video. But she says the lovers are waiting for each other and then Mika says that could go well or really badly, so if they're waiting for each other, it makes no sense if she kills him, maybe he killed himself? But he doesn't seem in the video like he misses her too much - so I stay with the interpretation that she killed him. :naughty: Or had him killed by her super rich mafia friends who own the stretch limousine. :glasses: Just my interpretation, but it gives a bit of a story to a standard summerhit video where usually people are just dancing while wearing as little clothing as possible. :naughty:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

Just my interpretation, but it gives a bit of a story to a standard summerhit video where usually people are just dancing while wearing as little clothing as possible. :naughty:

95% of all videos are people just dancing while wearing as little clothing as possible.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SusanT said:

46 minutes ago, silver said:

I took it as a reference to the classic film noir "Sunset Boulevard", which opens with a shot of a body in a swimming pool and then tells in flashback how he ended up there* (basically a woman shoots her lover when he tries to leave her).

*More complicated than that bare outline and worth watching if you get the chance

22 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yeah, I think he referred to that. I don't know the movie @silver mentions, but I also thought she killed her lover in the video. But she says the lovers are waiting for each other and then Mika says that could go well or really badly, so if they're waiting for each other, it makes no sense if she kills him, maybe he killed himself? But he doesn't seem in the video like he misses her too much - so I stay with the interpretation that she killed him. :naughty: Or had him killed by her super rich mafia friends who own the stretch limousine. :glasses: Just my interpretation, but it gives a bit of a story to a standard summerhit video where usually people are just dancing while wearing as little clothing as possible. :naughty:

I had to chuckle when I saw it, because the first thing that popped into my mind was „The hetero lover in him died! Obviously! What else!“

But your interpretations are much more intellectual and are probably closer to the supposed meaning in the music video than mine :biggrin2:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I had to chuckle when I saw it, because the first thing that popped into my mind was „The hetero lover in him died! Obviously! What else!“

But your interpretations are much more intellectual and are probably closer to the supposed meaning in the music video than mine :biggrin2:

I'd forgotten about "Sunset Boulevard."  Silver and Mellody, your interpretations sound plausible. Holdingyourdrink, sorry, not so sure about yours. :original:

By the way, how do I reproduce your names like this?  @silver   What do I have to click on?

59 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Well, I was thinking something along those lines too, just more practical - a gay man who has an affair with a woman during vacation ("and on his journeys and his travels on the way he met a girlie who was brave enough to say" etc :teehee:) obviously can't give her back the love she expects, but she doesn't know he's gay and feels rejected and thus kills him. :dunno_grin:

13 minutes ago, SusanT said:

By the way, how do I reproduce your names like this?  @silver   What do I have to click on?

Just as you did here, the @ and then start typing the name - then you should get a popup list of names starting with these letters and you can click on the name you want. (hope I understood your question right?)

33 minutes ago, mellody said:

Well, I was thinking something along those lines too, just more practical - a gay man who has an affair with a woman during vacation ("and on his journeys and his travels on the way he met a girlie who was brave enough to say" etc :teehee:) obviously can't give her back the love she expects, but she doesn't know he's gay and feels rejected and thus kills him. :dunno_grin:

Oh boy that’s sinister! Haha, but why not. In the end it ends really bad! 

Then there is a lit up sign in the video saying „Lovers & Sinners“. I guess Mika is portraying the Lover and Baby K is portraying the Sinner? 

• Like 2