New Album

gaiavdb

Hi guys! I think a lot of you know that MIKA is going to drop an new album somewhere around April. I just wanted to say I’m super excited for it and I just wanna chat with you about it. He told at the live video of MFC 15th anniversary, that it’s an whole different album than the last album. He said that he’s making a lot of happy songs with more energetic and happy melodies. I know I’m not the only one who’s screaming out of happiness (maybe I am, screaming is a little bit extra but I’m serious; I did scream 🤣), so let’s just chat about it and if you have rumors about it, just say it! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, gaiavdb said:

Hi guys! I think a lot of you know that MIKA is going to drop an new album somewhere around April. I just wanted to say I’m super excited for it and I just wanna chat with you about it. He told at the live video of MFC 15th anniversary, that it’s an whole different album than the last album. He said that he’s making a lot of happy songs with more energetic and happy melodies. I know I’m not the only one who’s screaming out of happiness (maybe I am, screaming is a little bit extra but I’m serious; I did scream 🤣), so let’s just chat about it and if you have rumors about it, just say it! 

Hello @gaiavdb and welcome to the MFC. :welcomeani:If you want, you can introduce yourself here https://www.mikafanclub.com/forum/5-introductions/ and tell us more about you and how you discovered Mika. :wink2:

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2022 at 4:50 PM, silver said:

Well, we know he is working on a new album, but in Mika terms somewhere around April probably means by the end of the year :naughty:

Yeah, but which year? i'm betting it's 2023

:teehee:

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, kreacher said:

Yeah, but which year? i'm betting it's 2023

:teehee:

Or 2024 or 2025. :teehee:

He said that it is outdated to put out an album first and then do a tour. I think we can be very happy if he brings one or two new songs on the North American tour. :crossed:

• Like 5

Where did he say April? :blink: He said on the live that it's not finished and he has to write a lot more. Sounded to me more like "maybe next year". :teehee: Maybe it won't even be an album, but just individual songs.

I just had an idea... what if he writes one song for each gig he's playing, and only plays it live once, at this gig? He said his gigs won't be repetitive... well imo they never are, but seems to him it might feel like that, if he plays the same songs every time. At the Revelation tour in Zurich when he spontaneously played LYWID, he said he can't do this at the big shows, because it would mess up the whole show. And maybe this "energy" he wants to bring to the gigs includes this option to be spontaneous, to change the setlist from one gig to the next?

Just a thought. :dunno_grin:

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, mellody said:

Where did he say April? :blink: He said on the live that it's not finished and he has to write a lot more. Sounded to me more like "maybe next year". :teehee: Maybe it won't even be an album, but just individual songs.

I just had an idea... what if he writes one song for each gig he's playing, and only plays it live once, at this gig? He said his gigs won't be repetitive... well imo they never are, but seems to him it might feel like that, if he plays the same songs every time. At the Revelation tour in Zurich when he spontaneously played LYWID, he said he can't do this at the big shows, because it would mess up the whole show. And maybe this "energy" he wants to bring to the gigs includes this option to be spontaneous, to change the setlist from one gig to the next?

Just a thought. :dunno_grin:

i thought he said around april, but i’ve probably misheard it… 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gaiavdb said:

i thought he said around april, but i’ve probably misheard it… 😂

That would be too good to be true! :thumb_yello:

His North American tour is in April, but his album will surely be released later. I think he was talking about an album on MFC Live, so there will probably be one, but it will probably be a while before that comes out. :dunno_grin:

He didn't even say "soon". :teehee:

I wonder if he knows that we have changed his "soon" to "Mikasoon". :teehee:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

That would be too good to be true! :thumb_yello:

His North American tour is in April, but his album will surely be released later. I think he was talking about an album on MFC Live, so there will probably be one, but it will probably be a while before that comes out. :dunno_grin:

He didn't even say "soon". :teehee:

Yeah, you never know what he means with ‘soon’. ‘Mikasoon’ is probably around a few years?! First I hope he’ll do a tour in the Netherlands, bc I would love to meet him before his album (I think it isn’t impossible 🤣)

• Like 1

Just now, gaiavdb said:

(I think it isn’t impossible 🤣)

No, it is not impossible. :thumb_yello:

We don't know all his plans and when he will come to the Netherlands, but he loves being on stage and has missed it a lot during the last two years. So fingers crossed that he comes to the Netherlands soon and you can see him. :crossed:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Prisca said:

No, it is not impossible. :thumb_yello:

We don't know all his plans and when he will come to the Netherlands, but he loves being on stage and has missed it a lot during the last two years. So fingers crossed that he comes to the Netherlands soon and you can see him. :crossed:

10 minutes ago, gaiavdb said:

Yeah, you never know what he means with ‘soon’. ‘Mikasoon’ is probably around a few years?! First I hope he’ll do a tour in the Netherlands, bc I would love to meet him before his album (I think it isn’t impossible 🤣)

Crossing fingers for the Netherlands, too!!!

Though meeting him isn’t as easy as it seems, it has to do with being at the right place at the right time and even then - he needs to have/want to make time to say hi back. But hey, I’m hoping the same as you :thumb_yello: one day…

• Like 2

Just now, holdingyourdrink said:

Crossing fingers for the Netherlands, too!!!

Though meeting him isn’t as easy as it seems, it has to do with being at the right place at the right time and even then - he needs to have/want to make time to say hi back. But hey, I’m hoping the same as you :thumb_yello: one day…

Should be easier once the pandemic is over. :crossed:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

He does. :naughty:

3 hours ago, gaiavdb said:

‘Mikasoon’ is probably around a few years?!

Mikasoon can be anything between this week and a few years. :dunno_grin: (but as Prisca said, he didn't even say "soon" about the album :facepalm: :roftl:)

• Haha 5

On 1/28/2022 at 12:20 PM, Prisca said:

Or 2024 or 2025. :teehee:

He said that it is outdated to put out an album first and then do a tour. I think we can be very happy if he brings one or two new songs on the North American tour. :crossed:

Shhhh I was trying be optimistic when I said 2023 :teehee:

I guess it’s better Mika puts out albums slow & good instead of fast & bad!

• Like 7

On 1/28/2022 at 11:10 PM, mellody said:

He does. :naughty:

Mikasoon can be anything between this week and a few years. :dunno_grin: (but as Prisca said, he didn't even say "soon" about the album :facepalm: :roftl:)

i think i’ve misheard it 🤣 or i wished he could drop that album SOON, not MIKASOON 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

I guess it's more appropriate to talk about that new snippet here. Really looking forward to hearing the whole thing!

Something about it sounds familiar to me, at first I thought the line "feels like I'm falling" sounds a bit like the chorus in Kodaline's 'Perfect World', but after listening to that song again and Mika's snippet they're not quite the same. The melody does remind me of something though, it's going to bug me until I figure it out! 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I guess it's more appropriate to talk about that new snippet here. Really looking forward to hearing the whole thing!

Something about it sounds familiar to me, at first I thought the line "feels like I'm falling" sounds a bit like the chorus in Kodaline's 'Perfect World', but after listening to that song again and Mika's snippet they're not quite the same. The melody does remind me of something though, it's going to bug me until I figure it out! 😅

I had the same feeling, it reminded me to an 80s song when I heard an electric keyboard, could be any song from that decade really.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2022 at 11:35 PM, gaiavdb said:

Thank you for opening this thread :huglove:

• Like 1