2022 - Mika @Arena di Verona, Italy, 19 September

Mikasister

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

It looks like VIP with how they are separated from the rest and someone (the person in orange) probably checking the tickets before they enter? 

No, they didn't check the tickets. Those are security men who were in charge to push back crazy fans who during some performances were trying to approach the stage to get closer to their favorite singer.

And those people sitting in the buco d'orchestra were not Vip. They were normal people, maybe family&friends of someone working on the show

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chiara 83 said:

No, they didn't check the tickets. Those are security men who were in charge to push back crazy fans who during some performances were trying to approach the stage to get closer to their favorite singer.

And those people sitting in the buco d'orchestra were not Vip. They were normal people, maybe family&friends of someone working on the show

They should just set up some barriers in front of the stage, then it wouldn't be a problem if people run to the front.

However, we'll see how it is at the Mika gig. I'm glad that I still trust Mika more than ticketone or friendsandpartners. I wonder if the "disservice to his fans" really might have meant they wanted to put additional seats in the front at all the (big) venues and maybe wouldn't have allowed people to stand up at the theatres? Mika knows we wouldn't like that. Surely that can't be the only reason to cancel a whole tour, but maybe it was one point on a long list of things.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

:crybaby: I had some nice gig outfits planned for the Italian gigs, but this outdoor venue in combination with low temperatures will cancel my outfit plans as well. :emot-sad: Well, let's see, the forecast isn't reliable a week in advance, so maybe it'll be warmer. :crossed:

You can wear your nice outfit but I suggest you to bring a light jacket. I had a nice summer outfit yesterday and it was fine until 9 pm. Then it got cold. But I am sure that Mika will warm up the athmosphere making us dance🤣😏

• Like 3

Just now, Chiara 83 said:

You can wear your nice outfit but I suggest you to bring a light jacket. I had a nice summer outfit yesterday and it was fine until 9 pm. Then it got cold. But I am sure that Mika will warm up the athmosphere making us dance🤣😏

No I can't. I won't wear a skirt at 10°C, and a nice top doesn't make much sense either if I have a jacket over it. Well, I'll plan that on Saturday when I pack, then the forecast will be more reliable.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, mellody said:

They should just set up some barriers in front of the stage, then it wouldn't be a problem if people run to the front.

However, we'll see how it is at the Mika gig. I'm glad that I still trust Mika more than ticketone or friendsandpartners. I wonder if the "disservice to his fans" really might have meant they wanted to put additional seats in the front at all the (big) venues and maybe wouldn't have allowed people to stand up at the theatres? Mika knows we wouldn't like that. Surely that can't be the only reason to cancel a whole tour, but maybe it was one point on a long list of things.

I am sure that the seating arrangement is decided by Friends&partners/ Venue. Mika didn't know about those seats. There were barriers but people yesterday were trying to approach the stage when most popular and 'bilions streaming' singers started to sing. So the security pushed them back

We will see, maybe Mika talked to the venue to remove barriers 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chiara 83 said:

I haven’t watched the tv show. Some friends are telling me they saw these people sitting there wearing  some kind of badge of the event, so maybe they were invited or as you said, friends of someone 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

No I can't. I won't wear a skirt at 10°C, and a nice top doesn't make much sense either if I have a jacket over it. Well, I'll plan that on Saturday when I pack, then the forecast will be more reliable.

No, a skirt +top is definitely not ideal for the evening🙄. There is a huge temperature gap between day and night

• Like 4

On 9/11/2022 at 12:13 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am wondering as well about the weather. It's warmer at night than in Poland. Yesterday people were wearing short sleeves shirts.

But in one week it can change.

I have already a plastic raincoat prepared. And something warm to wear.

It can’t be as bad as last Wednesday in Le Noirmont 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I don't remember in which thread we talked about a picnic on Sunday afternoon/evening. Do you want to do that or does anyone have another idea in the meantime? :original:

What about a picnic on monday instead ?

As we won't have to queue ....

Hello! 
we were organizing for the distribution of the sheets. We need people who have tickets in the stands and want to help us (8/10 people). Below you can see the mockup of the final result. If anyone is sitting in those blocks, or knows someone who will be sitting there, please contact me! 

M-I.jpg

K-A.jpg

Edited by Serenamiglio_
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Serenamiglio_ said:

Hello! 
we were organizing for the distribution of the sheets. We need people who have tickets in the stands and want to help us. Below you can see the mockup of the final result. If anyone is sitting in those blocks, or knows someone who will be sitting there, please contact me! 

M-I.jpg

K-A.jpg

❤️

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Serenamiglio_ said:

Hello! 
we were organizing for the distribution of the sheets. We need people who have tickets in the stands and want to help us. Below you can see the mockup of the final result. If anyone is sitting in those blocks, or knows someone who will be sitting there, please contact me! 

M-I.jpg

K-A.jpg

Wow Serena! It's amazing 😍

Unfortunately I don't know people sitting up there and apparently we are not allowed to move from the stalls to those blocks. Any chance for us to get the permission to move to the blocks? I imagine that you've already contacted the venue. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chiara 83 said:

Unfortunately I don't know people sitting up there and apparently we are not allowed to move from the stalls to those blocks. Any chance for us to get the permission to move to the blocks? I imagine that you've already contacted the venue. 

Yes, I’ve already contacted them 😪😪 I don’t know if it will be possible to have the permission… 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Chiara 83 said:

I don't know why we shouldn't be allowed. We have better and more expensive seats, we definitely won't stay there, lol! :roftl: If they know about the fanaction, and I hope they'll be informed by Mika's team, who knows about it, they should allow us to go there to distribute the papers.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, mellody said:

I don't know why we shouldn't be allowed. We have better and more expensive seats, we definitely won't stay there, lol! :roftl: If they know about the fanaction, and I hope they'll be informed by Mika's team, who knows about it, they should allow us to go there to distribute the papers.

Agree! But Serena was told that it's not possible... I would try again. This Arena has quite strict rules, especially in security matters, but I see absolutely no problems in letting people go upstairs to distribute sheets🤷‍♀️

Obviously I don't have any contact in Mika's team but I can try to call the venue or write an email. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chiara 83 said:

Agree! But Serena was told that it's not possible... I would try again. This Arena has quite strict rules, especially in security matters, but I see absolutely no problems in letting people go upstairs to distribute sheets🤷‍♀️

Obviously I don't have any contact in Mika's team but I can try to call the venue or write an email. 

Don't ask them about the fanaction, we saw in Paris 2019 that it's not good if too many people ask too much. If you can ask them when the doors open, I think that should be enough. Deb is taking care of the contact with Mika's management. I think we'll be fine.

• Like 3

Hi all, quick post for any fans wanting to take part in the virtual action 💐💐💐 on Sunday 18th, the thread is here, along with a poll to decide the hashtag. Please put any questions about it over there, so we don't clutter this thread. Thanks! 

Err, ignore the picture, I don't know why it's showing that!  :lmfao:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hero said:

Hi all, quick post for any fans wanting to take part in the virtual action 💐💐💐 on Sunday 18th, the thread is here, along with a poll to decide the hashtag. Please put any questions about it over there, so we don't clutter this thread. Thanks! 

Err, ignore the picture, I don't know why it's showing that!  :lmfao:

On the picture: 

This is the Mika we don't want to put on trend . :bleh:

• Haha 3

On 9/4/2022 at 9:50 AM, GabriellinaFrangini said:

It's a good idea and in my opinion we could go either to the “Parco delle mura” or “giardini raggio di sole”. As place to drink or eat instead would be nice “terrazza Arena sky lounge bar” these are just ideas 🥰🥰

To get back to our meetup plans on Sunday late afternoon / evening: @GRAZIA ARTUSO said that it's not allowed to have a picnic in the gardens of Verona. Maybe we could just meet up in one of those gardens / parks and then go somewhere? I think some sort of bar would be nice that also has music and some food... but I guess we could also meet up for dinner. How many are we? On the MFC RSVP list we're 44, but I don't think everyone would join. So maybe around 20 or so?

This Terrazza thing looks nice, but I think it's rather posh and pricey, they might not be too happy about a group of Mika fans who want to party and have fun, lol! 😅 Of course I haven't been there, so maybe I'm wrong, but it's the impression I get from their website.

I don't know anything in Verona, so more suggestions are welcome.  :blush:

• Like 5