2022 - Mika @ TV recording for The Piano, Royal Festival Hall, London - 10 November

silver

16 minutes ago, mellody said:

And even if it's not a Mika show, he always wants to surprise people. He's making me curious. :teehee:

Just 3 more days! :excite:

And he has just posted a story with his vocal exercises.

Maybe they have a rehearsal before Thursday?  

It gives me shivers!!!!

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

Deb got some more info today, but she's very jetlagged because she only arrived this morning, so we'll have to wait 1-2 more days. Anyway there's no news about dress code, so I guess the info that people collected here, like no big logos etc., will have to do. I don't know if we have to watch for green etc., it's probably more like they're filming a concert and not a studio situation where they use green screens and stuff like that? Mika wrote that it'll be a "spectacular show", that's interesting to me, because I thought it would just be like a sophisticated classical concert with beautiful piano music, and not that much of a "show". Then again, thinking about it, you probably need a bit more than a piano and a few piano players to keep TV viewers interested. 🤔 And even if it's not a Mika show, he always wants to surprise people. He's making me curious. :teehee:

Just 3 more days! :excite:

I am very curious to see this show!

Mika will do something special for sure, even if the time available for his performance will be short. 

Cannot wait to see Mika fans and Mika of course :wink2:

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Actually I can imagine that there will come a moment where Mika fans take over the venue :lol3:

Only one hope - we will not be more than 60 :lol3:

200.gif

Oh my. We will break down the house won’t we 🙈

(Just kidding, of course we won’t! Look at us being able to compose ourselves during the philharmonic concerts :wink2:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I have just read the message from Deb.

So we need to pickup our tickets from the box office.

Does anybody know in which part of the venue it is? At the main entrance?

Was also wondering about this and found this map online. It looks like it's at level 2 right by one of the two entrances.661B974A-6EB4-47E1-B70E-D96244C5B203.thumb.jpeg.185ed5ca77308d3c1547aab71b8b68d5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, jatspeedy said:

Was also wondering about this and found this map online. It looks like it's at level 2 right by one of the two entrances.661B974A-6EB4-47E1-B70E-D96244C5B203.thumb.jpeg.185ed5ca77308d3c1547aab71b8b68d5.jpeg

Oh thank you. :thumb_yello:

So actually it depends which entrance you will take.

When I was watching a video on YouTube I've seen the left one. So it is like the "ground level".

I didn't know about the other one called "main entrance".

So it's good to know which one you will choose.

I am a little stressed because I don't know how long it will take me to arrive as I will land at 2pm (if no delays).

Then a train. Then I need to get to my hotel. And then I will take a tube, or a bus or I will walk. So this additional step to find the box office scares me a little. Now I know where to go. I cross my fingers not to be late :pray:

image.thumb.png.9079e7b84fa84f69d3a7ecb4f5080f53.png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

When I was watching a video on YouTube I've seen the left one. So it is like the "ground level".

I am a little stressed because I don't know how long it will take me to arrive as I will land at 2pm (if no delays).

Then a train. Then I need to get to my hotel. And then I will take a tube, or a bus or I will walk. So this additional step to find the box office scares me a little. Now I know where to go. I cross my fingers not to be late :pray:

I would imagine that the box office will be open until 6pm so hopefully it will give you enough time🤞 and if not I'm sure we can pick up your ticket/s for you and give them to you just before we go in or in the cafe🥰

Edited by Emily2b
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Same here. I wish they'd just send out the tickets via e-mail, it'd be a lot less stressful. 🙄 Anyway, I'm sure we can still get the tickets at 6pm, so I'm not (yet) worried about not getting to the gig at all... but fingers crossed that there's no additional delays and we'll make it there early enough to get our tickets and meet up with the other MFCers. Damn strike, can't they postpone that to a week later? :aah:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, jatspeedy said:

I guess we don't need to worry about picking up the tickets anymore since I just got mine in an email! Hopefully it's the same for all of you too!

Nothing so far... but if you got it via e-mail, at least there's hope. :crossed: Did you get it by the venue or by MFC, or who sent the e-mail?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, jatspeedy said:

I guess we don't need to worry about picking up the tickets anymore since I just got mine in an email! Hopefully it's the same for all of you too!

oh, really? You have a ticket with the place number on it?

I don't have it yet.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska

1 minute ago, mellody said:

Nothing so far... but if you got it via e-mail, at least there's hope. :crossed: Did you get it by the venue or by MFC, or who sent the e-mail?

Ohh, I'm surprised! I got it via the venue but maybe they're sending them out one by one so you might still get yours.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jatspeedy said:

Yep, my seat is in the last row of the front stalls, so I'm guessing that's the assigned MFC area.

Which one, row AA? Or more in the front? Row AA was on general sale. Did you apply for tickets on the venue website too? Then it might be that. I've asked Deb, she knows nothing about tickets being sent out to MFC winners. :dunno: She forwarded the info she has in her e-mail this morning, about picking up the tickets at the box office.

Of course that doesn't mean there can't be last minute changes, with Mika we always need to be spontaneous. :teehee: But so far it seems you're the only one who got a ticket via e-mail, so it's likely it's not one of the MFC tickets. Didn't they write anything in the mail?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

Which one, row AA? Or more in the front? Row AA was on general sale. Did you apply for tickets on the venue website too? Then it might be that. I've asked Deb, she knows nothing about tickets being sent out to MFC winners. :dunno: She forwarded the info she has in her e-mail this morning, about picking up the tickets at the box office.

Of course that doesn't mean there can't be last minute changes, with Mika we always need to be spontaneous. :teehee: But so far it seems you're the only one who got a ticket via e-mail, so it's likely it's not one of the MFC tickets. Didn't they write anything in the mail?

No, my ticket is in Row T and I didn't apply for tickets at all during general sale, that's why I was sure this was the ticket I got via MFC. I was a bit disappointed that it's the last row of the stalls so here's hoping the actual MFC tickets are located a bit closer to the stage 😄

And no, I just got one booking confirmation email and one email with the eticket attached. In any case, I'll ask again at the box office if I'm still the only one with the eticket on Thursday.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, mellody said:

No, from our group who had previously bought normal tickets, all 6 received an email from Southbank. They are also in the last row of the Front Stalls (T). These must be MFC tickets, the ones we bought were in the Rear Stalls. :original:

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, jatspeedy said:

No, my ticket is in Row T and I didn't apply for tickets at all during general sale, that's why I was sure this was the ticket I got via MFC. I was a bit disappointed that it's the last row of the stalls so here's hoping the actual MFC tickets are located a bit closer to the stage 😄

And no, I just got one booking confirmation email and one email with the eticket attached. In any case, I'll ask again at the box office if I'm still the only one with the eticket on Thursday.

30 minutes ago, Prisca said:

No, from our group who had previously bought normal tickets, all 6 received an email from Southbank. They are also in the last row of the Front Stalls (T). These must be MFC tickets, the ones we bought were in the Rear Stalls. :original:

Interesting, thanks for the info! I suppose in this case it's rather the venue than Mika that's responsible for the last minute changes, but anyway it's good news if they decided to send the tickets via e-mail. :original:

Prisca, had your group already received the rear stalls tickets you had ordered? If you haven't, it could also be an upgrade from those... but that still doesn't explain jatspeedy's ticket - if she didn't order tickets through the venue, they must have her mail address from the MFC list.

Mika (and the venue) make/s sure that it all stays mysterious, lol! :lol3:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

Prisca, had your group already received the rear stalls tickets you had ordered?

Yes, we had. Maybe it is an upgrade. :dunno_grin:

Edited by Prisca

23 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, we had. Maybe it is an upgrade. :dunno_grin:

Hm, but then they would have written that, I suppose. If it has nothing to do with the MFC tickets, it would be weird if they first send you the ordered tickets and then suddenly, without any further notice, the upgraded ones. 

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

Hm, but then they would have written that, I suppose. If it has nothing to do with the MFC tickets, it would be weird if they first send you the ordered tickets and then suddenly, without any further notice, the upgraded ones. 

We have a membership. We have privileges. We got the normal tickets before they had the list of MFCer...

Edited by Prisca

Just now, Prisca said:

We have a membership. We have privileges. We got the normal tickets before they had the list of MFCs...

Yes, but if it was from your membership they'd write something like "congratulations, your tickets got upgraded, here are your new ones!", wouldn't they? Oh well, I don't know, lol! We'll just have to wait and see, as always. :dunno_grin: