2022 - Mika @ TV recording for The Piano, Royal Festival Hall, London - 10 November

silver

I don't remember if this was clearly written from the beginning, but just in case I put it here: 

"Run times may vary by up to 20 minutes as they can be affected by last-minute programme changes, intervals and encores"

image.thumb.png.cd263350901e9e4f06fb0347e289ff2b.png

They expect only an extra 20 minutes? They seem very confident about recording times... wow 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paoletta said:

:dog: good luck to whoever goes... please post something 

I don't think we'll be able to post anything from the show itself, as it is being filmed for broadcast later. But I'm sure we'll be posting pics of ourselves from when we get together before and after the show -- and maybe some of Mika if we're lucky enough to see him after the show.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, virgi said:

I don't remember if this was clearly written from the beginning, but just in case I put it here: 

"Run times may vary by up to 20 minutes as they can be affected by last-minute programme changes, intervals and encores"

They expect only an extra 20 minutes? They seem very confident about recording times... wow 

That was definitely added recently - I didn't see it when I was on the page the other day, at least.

And I was thinking that they probably are going to try record it as if it's happening live, so I guess they're anticipating running straight through as much as possible. Of course, they don't know Mika like we do... :wink2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, virgi said:

5 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

That was definitely added recently - I didn't see it when I was the page the other day, at least.

I remember seeing this already. But I am not sure if it was posted here or I've seen it on the website.

Well, they can write whatever they want. And we will see how it goes really. I can imagine they have a contract for the hall rent so it can be they have to finish on certain hour.

If we're thinking of meeting up beforehand, there are a couple of cafes right there at Southbank Centre that might be good. Either the Hayward Gallery Cafe, or the Riverside Terrace Cafe. We can grab a sandwich or a drink and hang out, if it's not raining -- or maybe there's cover? In any case, I can be there from about 4pm on and see who turns up? Anyone?

• Like 11

I will turn up Deb, I think I can be there around 4. Just tell me / us where you will be.

• Like 2

It would be lovely to meet up beforehand and see everyone again!😊 I think I'll get to my hotel at about 3 and as its not super close to the venue I'll probably get changed and ready for the show, then come at about half 4 and then stay until the show😊 I'm super excited! It should be a really nice evening!!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

If we're thinking of meeting up beforehand, there are a couple of cafes right there at Southbank Centre that might be good. Either the Hayward Gallery Cafe, or the Riverside Terrace Cafe. We can grab a sandwich or a drink and hang out, if it's not raining -- or maybe there's cover? In any case, I can be there from about 4pm on and see who turns up? Anyone?

I’d like to come as well, but I’m with Charline and theoretically she’s busy until 5:30 pm. We’ll see last minute if we can make it! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I remember seeing this already. But I am not sure if it was posted here or I've seen it on the website.

Well, they can write whatever they want. And we will see how it goes really. I can imagine they have a contract for the hall rent so it can be they have to finish on certain hour.

I saw it on their website before they deleted the performer's names - maybe they deleted that info as well and put it back on now.

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I'll try to be there, depending on how long it takes me to get from Heathrow to Waterloo, with the strikes. 😬

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, mellody said:

I saw it on their website before they deleted the performer's names - maybe they deleted that info as well and put it back on now.

I'll try to be there, depending on how long it takes me to get from Heathrow to Waterloo, with the strikes. 😬

Maybe I just didn't notice that line about the 20 minutes. :dunno_grin:

And ugh, the strikes. I'm sort of dreading that, although I'm not afraid to take an Uber -- it's just that it means there will be lots of traffic on the streets.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

It's OK for Ina, Grazia and me. :hi5:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I'll be there. 🥳

• Like 3

16 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I'll be there around 4pm (unless the strike prevents me from being there at that time).

• Like 4

16 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Me me me!! And I know that Bea and Manuela will also come :cheer:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I'll try my best to arrive around 4pm, maybe later as I'll have essays to submit by the end of the week... Looking forward to seeing all of you there ! :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jatspeedy said:

This is what the website says! 

7389171D-60E7-46A2-826E-439E27AD3E44.thumb.jpeg.1ee68cb72b0330d2b65af5b8076da9a4.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I've seen somewhere on the website that there is a cloakroom paid 1 pound a piece. I will try to find it.

25 minutes ago, jatspeedy said:

Also probably good for anyone coming to know: The venue is cash-free.4155170E-D3D2-46DA-8744-F57220FFB997.thumb.jpeg.a9b9ab21530cd0514cd0c00698d5a291.jpeg

Thank you! :flowers2:  

Good to know that they're "cash-free". I'm afraid after this trip, I'm going to be "cash-free" as well! :lol3:

And once I get to the UK, and I hear what's happening with ticket collection, I'll email all the ticket winners and share details -- as well as the exact location that I'll be waiting at and at what time!

Also, for those of you who obtained tickets directly from Southbank, but are now planning to use the tickets from MFC instead -- I've given the Southbank staff and a list, and they tell me that your original tickets will be automatically canceled and thrown back into the general pool, so they can distribute them to others. One less thing for you to have to worry about. :thumb_yello:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Good to know that they're "cash-free". I'm afraid after this trip, I'm going to be "cash-free" as well! :lol3:

And once I get to the UK, and I hear what's happening with ticket collection, I'll email all the ticket winners and share details -- as well as the exact location that I'll be waiting at and at what time!

Also, for those of you who obtained tickets directly from Southbank, but are now planning to use the tickets from MFC instead -- I've given the Southbank staff and a list, and they tell me that your original tickets will be automatically canceled and thrown back into the general pool, so they can distribute them to others. One less thing for you to have to worry about. :thumb_yello:

Thank you Deb! :flowers2: