2022 - Mika @ TV recording for The Piano, Royal Festival Hall, London - 10 November

silver

16 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Good to know that they're "cash-free". I'm afraid after this trip, I'm going to be "cash-free" as well! :lol3:

With these vet fees, I'll join you in the cash-free club! :shocked::damn:

16 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Also, for those of you who obtained tickets directly from Southbank, but are now planning to use the tickets from MFC instead -- I've given the Southbank staff and a list, and they tell me that your original tickets will be automatically canceled and thrown back into the general pool, so they can distribute them to others. One less thing for you to have to worry about. :thumb_yello:

That's brilliant news, thanks Deb! :huglove:

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Good to know that they're "cash-free". I'm afraid after this trip, I'm going to be "cash-free" as well! :lol3:

And once I get to the UK, and I hear what's happening with ticket collection, I'll email all the ticket winners and share details -- as well as the exact location that I'll be waiting at and at what time!

Also, for those of you who obtained tickets directly from Southbank, but are now planning to use the tickets from MFC instead -- I've given the Southbank staff and a list, and they tell me that your original tickets will be automatically canceled and thrown back into the general pool, so they can distribute them to others. One less thing for you to have to worry about. :thumb_yello:

I think we'll be all cash free after London:lmfao:

Thanks Deb for everything you're doing to help us with the tickets. This is so appreciated :wink2:See you soon!

• Haha 1

Perhaps a little bit of good news, the rail strike planned for the 9th (which would have disrupted services on the 10th as well) has now been called off, so maybe more UK fans would be able to attend.

Train shuttle services from airports should be OK now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, silver said:

Perhaps a little bit of good news, the rail strike planned for the 9th (which would have disrupted services on the 10th as well) has now been called off, so maybe more UK fans would be able to attend.

Train shuttle services from airports should be OK now.

I was just coming here to say the same thing. Here's the email I just received:

The planned strike action on national rail services on Saturday 5, Monday 7 and Wednesday 9 November has been suspended. 

However due to short notice, national rail and some TfL services will be disrupted. Check before you travel using our real-time travel tools for the latest travel information.

The planned strike action on the London Underground on Thursday 10 November will still go ahead. Customers should avoid travelling on the Tube as we expect limited or no service. 

London Overground and DLR services may be subject to last minute changes, including non-stopping at some stations shared with London Underground. All other services on the network including buses and the Elizabeth line will run but may be extremely busy. 

Disruption will continue until 08:00 on Friday 11 November. 

Visit our strike page for more information. 

If travelling on these days, plan ahead, check before you travel and leave more time for your journey. Our Journey Planner and TfL Go app can help you plan your journey as required. 

We encourage customers to take appropriate action to keep themselves safe, including wearing face coverings, if it helps you travel with confidence.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Information Team
Transport for London

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

On 11/3/2022 at 5:59 PM, dcdeb said:

If we're thinking of meeting up beforehand, there are a couple of cafes right there at Southbank Centre that might be good. Either the Hayward Gallery Cafe, or the Riverside Terrace Cafe. We can grab a sandwich or a drink and hang out, if it's not raining -- or maybe there's cover? In any case, I can be there from about 4pm on and see who turns up? Anyone?

Happy to meet up for a coffee as long as I can sit on a chair (not floor) a bit before the collecting time.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 6:59 PM, dcdeb said:

If we're thinking of meeting up beforehand, there are a couple of cafes right there at Southbank Centre that might be good. Either the Hayward Gallery Cafe, or the Riverside Terrace Cafe. We can grab a sandwich or a drink and hang out, if it's not raining -- or maybe there's cover? In any case, I can be there from about 4pm on and see who turns up? Anyone?

With pleasure Deb :thumb_yello:

Thanks!

I have a few more questions about the transport... I'm wondering whether to buy Heathrow Express tickets in advance, but a) I'm not sure if it's necessary, like, could they possibly sell out for that day? Are they more expensive if I buy them at the station? And b) what is that tube strike about, is there a possibility that they find an agreement until then and cancel the strike? As the train strike is cancelled, maybe there's still hope. :crossed:

27 minutes ago, mellody said:

I have a few more questions about the transport... I'm wondering whether to buy Heathrow Express tickets in advance, but a) I'm not sure if it's necessary, like, could they possibly sell out for that day? Are they more expensive if I buy them at the station? And b) what is that tube strike about, is there a possibility that they find an agreement until then and cancel the strike? As the train strike is cancelled, maybe there's still hope. :crossed:

Tickets for this are hugely more expensive if you buy them on the day at the station however I think that they only offer cheaper tickets/discounts if you book more than 2 weeks in advance of your trip so the price of buying it in person might unfortunately be same as if you buy it online now. I don't know about it getting busy and filling up but if you can get a ticket in advance it might give you peace of mind that you will definitely be able to get on the specific one you want😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Emily2b said:

Tickets for this are hugely more expensive if you buy them on the day at the station however I think that they only offer cheaper tickets/discounts if you book more than 2 weeks in advance of your trip so the price of buying it in person might unfortunately be same as if you buy it online now. I don't know about it getting busy and filling up but if you can get a ticket in advance it might give you peace of mind that you will definitely be able to get on the specific one you want😊

Thanks. It's 25£ (one way) online, that seems a pretty normal price to me? It's just that if the tube happens to run, that'd be a lot better to get to Waterloo than via Paddington. Guess I'll have to decide whether to be optimistic or cautious. :lol3: 🙈

• Like 2

For everyone trying to work out how to get to Southbank, please visit www.tfl.gov.uk and click on “plan a journey”. It already has all the updates for the coming week. 
I’ll most probably make it at 4pm to meet you all but where exactly are we meeting?🤩

• Like 4

Either the Hayward Gallery Cafe, or the Riverside Terrace Cafe.

@Kasia Mousathis is what Deb typed a few posts back. It’s all in the Southbank Center area, which is like a little strip of restaurants on one side. I think just look for a large and colourful group with huge smiles and 3-5 language spontaneously spoken. 

To be fair, that could be anywhere in London, but around 4pm it is probably a bunch or MFCers hanging out :biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 11/1/2022 at 12:56 AM, mellody said:

Deb said on the MFC Zoom earlier that she has asked about more details, like dress code etc., but is still waiting for an answer.

Any news about the dress code? I'll be in London for a week, leaving on Tuesday, so tomorrow I'm packing my bag. I just hope they won't ask for some particular outfit at the last minute :aah:

I'll be there at 4, too!!!!

So happy to see you all!!! :pbjt:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, krysady said:

Any news about the dress code? I'll be in London for a week, leaving on Tuesday, so tomorrow I'm packing my bag. I just hope they won't ask for some particular outfit at the last minute :aah:

I think you are always spot on with business casual, but that is just my opinion (and also my outfit) :biggrin2:

From my experience at the Voice, they said not to wear green, stripes and I also believe too glittery/reflective. Then I heard from people who were at Casa Mika no big (brand) logo’s. So I will just combine that and hope for the best :lol3:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I think you are always spot on with business casual, but that is just my opinion (and also my outfit) :biggrin2:

From my experience at the Voice, they said not to wear green, stripes and I also believe too glittery/reflective. Then I heard from people who were at Casa Mika no big (brand) logo’s. So I will just combine that and hope for the best :lol3:

You're right, I also know that we should avoid stripes, heavy patterns, sparkling and green garments and big logos. Then business casual to be, we can't go wrong with that for sure! :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, krysady said:

You're right, I also know that we should avoid stripes, heavy patterns, sparkling and green garments and big logos. Then business casual to be, we can't go wrong with that for sure! :thumb_yello:

Deb said she should get more info by tomorrow, maybe also because of the dress code. :original:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, krysady said:

Didn't you hear? Everyone's wearing camel costumes. 🐫 🤭

• Haha 5

I have a Hotel room, I was saying if anyone wants to share with me than send me a pm.

• Like 1

Mika posted about the Thursday concert!

UK FANS!

During the summer I traveled across the UK to film a very special new project for Channel 4 called ’The Piano’ with the brilliant @claudiawinkle and @langlangpiano

The series will culminate in a spectacular concert at London’s Royal Festival Hall this Thursday and the series will be televised on C4 in the UK spring 2023!

Can’t wait to tell you more about this new show, the brainchild of Love Productions.

1667815526739.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 8

Deb got some more info today, but she's very jetlagged because she only arrived this morning, so we'll have to wait 1-2 more days. Anyway there's no news about dress code, so I guess the info that people collected here, like no big logos etc., will have to do. I don't know if we have to watch for green etc., it's probably more like they're filming a concert and not a studio situation where they use green screens and stuff like that? Mika wrote that it'll be a "spectacular show", that's interesting to me, because I thought it would just be like a sophisticated classical concert with beautiful piano music, and not that much of a "show". Then again, thinking about it, you probably need a bit more than a piano and a few piano players to keep TV viewers interested. 🤔 And even if it's not a Mika show, he always wants to surprise people. He's making me curious. :teehee:

Just 3 more days! :excite:

• Like 7