Mika's Social Media & official Website updates - 2023

Mikasister

I just noticed the Bio ("About") on Mika's youtube... don't know how long it has been there for, but to me it's new:

Mika is a singer-songwriter born in Beirut, Lebanon, and raised in Paris and London whose vibrant melodies transformed him from an outsider into a Grammy-nominated, chart-topping artist. His kaleidoscopic music and visual world makes the most of escapist, empowering potential of fantasies.

On his 2007 U.K. number one hit single “Grace Kelly,’ the vibrancy of Mika’s multi-octave, classically trained voice and clever, detailed lyrics reflected his traumatic early years, when music was his only source of hope. Mika’s early albums were larger than life examples of how his music spoke to other outcasts as well as a much wider audience. As time passed, his approach grew more down to earth but never entirely lost the magical reality at the heart of his music.

• Like 9

I know everyone is excited about the song but I can't help but keep going back to this little guy and I really want to know who drew him!

20230505_192835.thumb.png.0aba6f1ec420c580338d47e10504bc8d.png

I hereby call him Chirpy! 😁 

Edited by TinyLove_CJ
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

On 5/5/2023 at 6:47 AM, mellody said:

I just noticed the Bio ("About") on Mika's youtube... don't know how long it has been there for, but to me it's new:

Mika is a singer-songwriter born in Beirut, Lebanon, and raised in Paris and London whose vibrant melodies transformed him from an outsider into a Grammy-nominated, chart-topping artist. His kaleidoscopic music and visual world makes the most of escapist, empowering potential of fantasies.

On his 2007 U.K. number one hit single “Grace Kelly,’ the vibrancy of Mika’s multi-octave, classically trained voice and clever, detailed lyrics reflected his traumatic early years, when music was his only source of hope. Mika’s early albums were larger than life examples of how his music spoke to other outcasts as well as a much wider audience. As time passed, his approach grew more down to earth but never entirely lost the magical reality at the heart of his music.

And Mika's YouTube banner has changed to Keep It Simple.

https://www.youtube.com/@MikaSoundsOfficial/about

channels4_banner.thumb.jpg.001d1f36ef9ff9fc0e520fee0ddaf53a.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

Mikainstagram story

It really looks very quiet... is it a holiday there today? Or car-free day?

Is he traveling or did he go for a run? We don’t know when he recorded it. Paris is quiet at 7am, I know from my own running experience :biggrin2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Is he traveling or did he go for a run? We don’t know when he recorded it. Paris is quiet at 7am, I know from my own running experience :biggrin2:

Whatever Mika is up to, he wouldn't voluntarily get up so early without something planned...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Mika tweet:

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr5ZyaOsHem/

mikainstagram

つもこの街に戻ってくるのが大好き!僕の思い出がたくさん詰まった街!もうすぐ会えるのが楽しみだよ、日本! I have always loved coming to this city. So many special memories! See you very soon Japan!
#mikaintokyo #soldout
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

He can barely write :facepalm:  He was so :swoon: :swoon:then. *sigh* 

1 hour ago, krysady said:

The old grandma's curls :aah:... thank god he gave up on that hairstyle and he looks so dapper now!

He looked so good then, and still does now. :wub2: :biggrin2:

I'm moving the song discussions to an extra thread in "Music & Artwork", then we can discuss all the new snippets there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mellody said:

He looked so good then, and still does now. :wub2: :biggrin2:

Absolutely, he looked always good, but his hairstyle in that particular vid is not very flattering... you can see he didn't have Geraldine to help him :biggrin2:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, krysady said:

Absolutely, he looked always good, but his hairstyle in that particular vid is not very flattering... you can see he didn't have Geraldine to help him :biggrin2:

I don't mind it at all, love his fluffy curls! :wub2: 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I don't mind it at all, love his fluffy curls! :wub2: 

I love his fluffy curls too. Betterr curls than his hair licked by a cow :naughty:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I love  that he shared that clip from Japan from back in the day. Is that part of the footage Andy had recorded, or was it done by a Japanese TV station back then and he is just sharing that again?

And about the curls: the only reason I like his recent haircuts more, is because drawing curls is SO MUCH WORK. So less curls is better when drawing, but he looks great in all hairstyles. (Yes, even the licked by a cow one, why is everyone hating on that!?)

• Haha 3

On 5/5/2023 at 8:30 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I know everyone is excited about the song but I can't help but keep going back to this little guy and I really want to know who drew him!

20230505_192835.thumb.png.0aba6f1ec420c580338d47e10504bc8d.png

I hereby call him Chirpy! 😁 

:chkn: :wootjump:

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I love  that he shared that clip from Japan from back in the day. Is that part of the footage Andy had recorded, or was it done by a Japanese TV station back then and he is just sharing that again?

And about the curls: the only reason I like his recent haircuts more, is because drawing curls is SO MUCH WORK. So less curls is better when drawing, but he looks great in all hairstyles. (Yes, even the licked by a cow one, why is everyone hating on that!?)

Off topic. Looks older than he is in my oipinion and taste. We should discuss this in Mika's hair thread :wink2:

10 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr5ZyaOsHem/

mikainstagram

つもこの街に戻ってくるのが大好き!僕の思い出がたくさん詰まった街!もうすぐ会えるのが楽しみだよ、日本! I have always loved coming to this city. So many special memories! See you very soon Japan!
#mikaintokyo #soldout

Does anyone know when the video is from actually? 🤔

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

So, any tips on how to watch TF1? It doesn't work on my proxy. :emot-sad:

I can record it with my phone and upload it, otherwise I don't know.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Is this a live or prerecorded performance? 

Prerecorded, I think it was precorded the same day as his episode as a coach.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1