2023 - Mika @ Umbria Jazz Festival, Perugia, ITALY - 10 July

Mikasister

6 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Really? When I come home I will check my concert tickets that I bought for a gig in Germany! Maybe the “non parlo italiano” is just a general “I can’t read the fine print” :facepalm:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticketgebühr - dunno if they still write it on the tickets, it's just one of many fees meanwhile. I mean, they even charge for Print at home, if they just have to send you the PDF file! :doh:

7 minutes ago, Hero said:

Yeah, I noticed the €2.50 delivery charge. For an e-ticket! :mad3:

Energy costs keep rising, of course you have to understand that they can't let you download a PDF from their servers for free. :mf_rosetinted: :facepalm:

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

Although if I saw it correctly on ticketone there was the option "e-ticket" which was 2.50 but a separate "print at home" one that was free!

Boldy assuming that's what "stampa a casa" means 😅

Yes, "stampa a casa"  means "print at home". I hope I'm at least this time right. 😅

I choose that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mellody said:

Energy costs keep rising, of course you have to understand that they can't let you download a PDF from their servers for free. :mf_rosetinted: :facepalm:

Well, I also download the "print at home" ticket: for free. :teehee:

I pay instead for the ink and paper (but that's cheaper than 2.50 euro 😅).

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Well, I also download the "print at home" ticket: for free. :teehee:

I pay instead for the ink and paper (but that's cheaper than 2.50 euro 😅).

I always prefer to have a printed ticket. ( I do the same with my boarding passes or train tickets)

Sometimes I have an Internet connection problems when I am abroad.

And for Mika I am ALWAYS abroad! Switzerland was a total catastrophe with Internet.

And there is always a hope to ask Mika for signing the ticket. Nice souvenir :das: Impossible with e-ticket :bleh:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

Just now, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I always prefer to have a printed ticket. Sometimes I have an Internet connection problems when I am abroad.

And for Mika I am ALWAYS abroad! Switzerland was a total catastrophe with Internet.

And there is always a hope to ask Mika for signing the ticket. Nice souvenir :das: Impossible with e-ticket :bleh:

Yes, and at standing concerts, where it has to go quick, there is always the danger with e-tickets that the code cannot be read on the mobile phone because it is too bright outside.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sara penny said:

Perché i posti su ticketone vanno e vengono? Cioè sino ad ieri non erano più disponibili adesso ce ne sono altri!

Not all tickets are sold yet and since Umbria Jazz noticed that tickets sell better on Ticketone than on boxol, they post tickets from there on Ticketone, I guess. :original:

Or they don't post all tickets at once for another reason, whatsoever. :dunno_grin:

https://www.boxol.it/UmbriaJazz/en/event/mika-arena-santa-giuliana-perugia/438939

Edited by Prisca

Posti che ora sono disponibili su Ticketone sembravano già venduti. In diversi casi si tratta di posti nelle ultime 3-4 file. Quando sono andata su Boxol ieri o l'altro ieri, ero perplessa dal fatto che diversi posti nelle ultime file risultavano venduti ( si trattava di file intere) ma che ci fossero posti ancora liberi nelle prime file ( Perché i fan comprerebbero posti più lontani? )

Il 4 inizialmente sembrava che Umbria Jazz fosse quasi sold out su Ticketone. Ora non è più così perché Ticketone ha pubblicato altri posti ancora liberi. Secondo me non si tratta sempre di posti invenduti su Boxol che sono stati "trasferiti"  su Ticketone. Sembra invece una strategia adottata deliberatamente fin dall'inizio da Ticketone anche se non mi è ancora chiaro lo scopo.

Seats that are now available on Ticketone appeared to be sold the other day. In several cases they are blocks of seats in the last 3-4 rows of a section. When I checked out Boxol yesterday or on the 4th, I was puzzled by the fact that seats in the last rows were apparently sold while there were still unsold seats in the first rows. ( Why would fans buy seats that were farther away?)

On Jan 4th initially it looked like Umbria Jazz was almost sold out on Ticketone. That's no longer the case because Ticketone has now revealed  additional unsold seats. I don't think all these seats were unsold on Boxol and then "transferred" to Ticketone. I believe this is a deliberate strategy adopted by Ticketone from the very beginning for some reason that is unclear to me. Maybe someone else can offer a possible explanation.

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, SusanT said:

Se ricordo bene, posti che ora sono disponibili su Ticketone sembravano già venduti. In diversi casi si tratta di posti nelle ultime 3-5 file. Quando sono andata su Boxol ieri o l'altro ieri, ero perplessa dal fatto che diversi posti nelle ultime file risultavano venduti ( si trattava di file intere) ma che ci fossero posti ancora liberi nelle prime file ( Perché i fan comprerebbero posti più lontani? )

Il 4 inizialmente sembrava che Umbria Jazz fosse quasi sold out su Ticketone. Ora non è più così perché Ticketone ha pubblicato altri posti ancora liberi. Secondo me non si tratta sempre di posti invenduti su Boxol che sono stati "trasferiti"  su Ticketone. Sembra invece una strategia adottata deliberatamente fin dall'inizio da Ticketone anche se non mi è ancora chiaro lo scopo.

If I'm not mistaken, seats that are now available on Ticketone appeared to be sold the other day. In several cases they are blocks of seats in the last 3-5 rows of a section. When I checked out Boxol yesterday or on the 4th, I was puzzled by the fact that seats in the last rows were apparently sold while there were still unsold seats in the first rows. ( Why would fans buy seats that were farther away?)

On Jan 4th initially it looked like Umbria Jazz was almost sold out on Ticketone. That's no longer the case because Ticketone has now revealed  additional unsold seats. I don't think all these seats were unsold on Boxol and then "transferred" to Ticketone. I believe this is a deliberate strategy adopted by Ticketone from the very beginning for some reason that is unclear to me. Maybe someone else can offer a possible explanation.

I think that both TicketOne and Boxol have assigned seats, which are opened for purchase according to how fast they sell them. None of us could’ve known that Boxol had the first few rows and Ticketone the last few rows in the first blocks by the stage. That is the downside on buying tickets offered by different companies :facepalm: for the Magic Piano Tour TicketOne seemed to have the better seats over Ticketmaster, for example.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Prisca said:

Not all tickets are sold yet and since Umbria Jazz noticed that tickets sell better on Ticketone than on boxol, they post tickets from there on Ticketone, I guess. :original:

Or they don't post all tickets at once for another reason, whatsoever. :dunno_grin:

https://www.boxol.it/UmbriaJazz/en/event/mika-arena-santa-giuliana-perugia/438939

I think you may be right  about seats being switched to TicketOne. I'll explain why tomorrow (or today) when it isn't so late 😊

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Prisca said:

I actually watched a (German) documentary about ticket sales recently, and there they said that it's common practice nowadays to hold back tickets first and then price them according to the demand. But the tickets didn't get more expensive, did they? On the documentary they also said that the artist has the last word on it - and I'm sure Mika would have to say something about it if they tried to charge 100s of € per ticket from his fans! Tho that's what some of us pay anyway, while trying to get the best possible places - only if we're lucky, we manage to sell all the extra tickets in the end. :lol3: But it's surely better this way, then those who can afford it can do this and make sure the gig sells well, while everyone else can still get good tickets for a reasonable price.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SusanT said:

I think you may be right  about seats being switched to TicketOne. I'll explain why tomorrow (or today) when it isn't so late 😊

@Prisca   and anyone else interested in the topic

I had a look at some old screenshots for the Magic Piano Tour (Bari, Pala Florio). It looks like available seats were revealed at different stages and also that seats were transferred from TicketMaster to TicketOne.

Here's TicketOne on May 17. You'll notice that the seats in the last blocks were not available. 

Screenshot_20220517-000158_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aca057a3e909376c926b29118f4efd18.jpg

Then we get to June 13 and you can see that on TicketOne you could now buy tickets for rows 21 to 23. On TicketMaster ( same day) you can see other available seats but none in rows 21 to 30. Note the rows available between 11 and 20. These will eventually be moved to TicketOne.

The final screenshot is TicketOne on August 27 ( you may have to click on the attachment). You can see how seats have now been moved from TicketMaster and there are also more seats available in the last blocks ( rows 24+)

Screenshot_20220613-115737_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e7da5b68e8c5a245e04389f8090eb9ee.jpg

Screenshot_20220613-120011_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4e06932f2e74fdccd43d93318fa7010c.jpg

Screenshot_20220827-005357_Chrome.jpg

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, SusanT said:

@Prisca   I had a look at some old screenshots for the Magic Piano Tour (Bari, Pala Florio). It looks like available seats were revealed at different stages and also that seats were transferred from TicketMaster to TicketOne.

Here's TicketOne on May 17. You'll notice that the seats in the last blocks were not available. 

Screenshot_20220517-000158_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aca057a3e909376c926b29118f4efd18.jpg

Then we get to June 13 and you can see that on TicketOne you could now buy tickets for rows 21 to 23. On TicketMaster ( same day) you can see other available seats but none in rows 21 to 30. Note the rows available between 11 and 20. These will eventually be moved to TicketOne.

The final screenshot is TicketOne on August 27 ( you may have to click on the attachment). You can see how seats have now been moved from TicketMaster and there are also more seats available in the last blocks ( rows 24+)

Screenshot_20220613-115737_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e7da5b68e8c5a245e04389f8090eb9ee.jpg

Screenshot_20220613-120011_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4e06932f2e74fdccd43d93318fa7010c.jpg

@Sara penny This message is in answer to your question

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SusanT said:

@Prisca   I had a look at some old screenshots for the Magic Piano Tour (Bari, Pala Florio). It looks like available seats were revealed at different stages and also that seats were transferred from TicketMaster to TicketOne.

Thank you for the screenshots. I think they have different strategies. Transferring tickets from one provider to another (I saw that there were no more tickets on Ticketone on 4 January and I thought that maybe they should offer tickets there again, because the tickets sell much better there than on boxol, which they did), selling tickets at different times (only showing the not so good tickets, they want to sell them too, but I haven't seen that yet, but it's still early). And it's certainly no coincidence that the fansale only starts in May. After all, they also want to sell not so good tickets until then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Thank you for the screenshots. I think they have different strategies. Transferring tickets from one provider to another (I saw that there were no more tickets on Ticketone on 4 January and I thought that maybe they should offer tickets there again, because the tickets sell much better there than on boxol, which they did), selling tickets at different times (only showing the not so good tickets, they want to sell them too, but I haven't seen that yet, but it's still early). And it's certainly no coincidence that the fansale only starts in May. After all, they also want to sell not so good tickets until then.

Yes, transferring tickets from one provider to another is also a common practice in Hungary (I work for a theatre and mostly I put the tickets online in a software) for reasons like which provider sells more tickets or which provider works for less commission on ticket sales, or: If a concert was previously canceled or postponed but tickets were already sold than the provider would reserve as many seats as it assumed to be needed for those who want to come to the new date with the same ticket. At least we do for these reasons, but I assume that's common practice anywhere in the world.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

If you are going to Perugia, there is a mini-metro in the city.

The lower terminal station Pian di Massiano is at the big parking where the Flixbus is arriving.

If you go to Perugia by train, the station Fontivegge is next to the train station.

The metro is ending in the old city at Pincetto station.

A ticket for 70 minutes costs 1,50 EUR and can be used in buses as well.

image.thumb.png.c0dae30dabbd1307ff4e5bfd50ff3676.png

• Thanks 3

On 1/8/2023 at 5:36 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I just found this video from Umbria Jazz 2016.

This concert was so energetic! Even watching this less than 4 minutes video makes me to want to see Mika on stage so badly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone find all of the Umbria Jazz Festival in 2016 on this thread. :bye:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mellody said:

How is everyone getting from Cattolica to Perugia (those who are going to both gigs)? It seems they don't sell the train tickets for July yet. Is there a Flixbus between the 2 towns @Anna Ko Kolkowska?

Still need to sort out my Italy trip! There is a flixbus:

Screenshot_20230402-043640_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.eeeb9d9b32427ab7b80c45907f22019b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1