Keep It Simple - Song and Lyrics Discussion

mellody

14 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I hear:

”won’t you, can’t you see… catch a bree(?) chuck it to me”

Bree according to Google is a broth :biggrin2: I have no double innuendo slang equivalent for it.

Brie :lmfao:Mika was hungry for cheese at 3 AM :bleh: Now I'm hungry for brie too @CharlotteL:licks_lips: :floor:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hero said:

Dr John took some happy pills. :naughty:

He might have had an affair with Mary Jane... :mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

10 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I hear like a door bell

That's the sound at the beginning of the song, definitely a doorbell. :teehee:

9 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Brie :lmfao:Mika was hungry for cheese at 3 AM :bleh: Now I'm hungry for brie too @CharlotteL:licks_lips: :floor:

To me it's Brie now, until we get to know otherwise, that's the funniest interpretation. :naughty: And why not? "Any medicine you give me I'm taking", that could as well be cheese. :mf_rosetinted: :roftl: Maybe he felt inspired by the dancing Babybels. :lmfao:

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, silver said:

I think it's "You're the only medicine I'll be taking"

But "feverly"?   Really?  The word should be "feverish", he's changed it just to rhyme with "me" :annoyed:

Yes I think “I’ll be taking” is probably right.

I had the same reaction to “feverly “ but I did find it in a few online dictionaries. 🤔

• Like 3

Happy news, the song is now available in my Spotify! so if anyone here had the same problem, check your Spotify. 

Anyway, I find this songs to grow on me. at first i thought it's just cute and nothing else, but now I listen to it a lot. Mika's voice + piano + catchy tune... 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, mellody said:

He might have had an affair with Mary Jane... :mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

That's the sound at the beginning of the song, definitely a doorbell. :teehee:

To me it's Brie now, until we get to know otherwise, that's the funniest interpretation. :naughty: And why not? "Any medicine you give me I'm taking", that could as well be cheese. :mf_rosetinted: :roftl: Maybe he felt inspired by the dancing Babybels. :lmfao:

I had to have brie for lunch :lmfao:It was particularly yummy :teehee:

Come to think of it I buy lots of babybels too :thumb_yello:

Cheese sales will increase fast :bleh:

Maybe Mika got this idea when he saw @dcdeb's cheesy advent calendar :wink2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, silver said:

Apparently it was in use circa 1500, but was replaced by feverish/feverishly. 

To me it sounds cute, and the meaning becomes clear if you know the word "fever"... so I suppose as the song is for the French market it doesn't matter, even if to native English speakers it sounds wrong

But it might confuse some French kids who are learning English, like I was confused at school because I learned a lot of my English from songs and they often sing "don't" where it should be "doesn't", so I always got that wrong in tests. :doh: :lmfao: Would be an interesting study, to see how many French students will write "feverly" instead of "feverish" in their tests at school, because they've listened to this song too often. :roftl:

Virgi wrote on Twitter that she heard the song on the radio today but it was censored, to avoid the Jimmy line :blink:

I wonder if the radio station actually censored it, or if the label provided a "clean" version for the radio stations to choose, like they sometimes do for songs with explicit lyrics. Except that these lyrics aren't explicit at all, unless you know what it means, and then I'd say you're not that innocent that you need protection. :teehee: As I already said on Twitter, it's like they would censor the line "sucking too hard on your Lollipop", or even just if someone sings about "making love", as the words themselves really aren't explicit, just the meaning is. So although personally I might have preferred a different topic in the lyrics (tho I got used to it meanwhile, I think I had a similar initial reaction about Ice Cream, and now I love it! :lol3:), I absolutely don't agree with censorship! I really hope that if they sing it on Wednesday at the Gala, they're not cutting this out! In that I agree with @crazyaboutmika about Mika's naughty side and this "devil's wink", it's fun if he can play a song where he's singing about his Jimmy, with a symphony orchestra on national TV!  :naughty:

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, silver said:

Apparently it was in use circa 1500, but was replaced by feverish/feverishly. 

Ah, so actually it was a word for real! Knowing how many words Mika invented in Italian, I thought this was the case now as well :lol:  

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, mellody said:

I wonder if the radio station actually censored it, or if the label provided a "clean" version for the radio stations to choose, like they sometimes do for songs with explicit lyrics.

I think it's the record label, not the radios. At least this was the case with Tomorrow, I could buy the original or the cleaned version from Google Play at that time, and all of that because of one word :doh:

Censored? That's hilarious :doh:. I needed this forum to understand that line, how evil are kids these days that they would even get this?

But a small scandal will help it to become a hit. :pray: I really like the song, it's funny and happy and makes me smile. The diversity of his songs is what I like about Mika, there's a song for every mood. I listen to chansons, latin, pop, dance and it's all Mika. If only he would make another rocksong I wouldn't need that italian band in my playlist anymore. :wink2:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• mellody changed the title to Keep It Simple song discussion, Mika & Vianney
On 1/20/2023 at 12:41 AM, mellody said:

Lyrics from the lyrics video:

I'm so cold, comfort comfort me

It's 3AM I'm feverly

Help me doctor heal my pain

Cause I don't really want no Mary Jane

Oooh la la la

Et si le problème était moi?

Si j'ai mal, c'est du mal, à parler

Oh quand on aime

Si le dire est un problème

Finir seul, faut pas s'étonner

We'll keep it simple

Oooo Oooo Oooo

Doctor

Oooo Oooo Oooo

We'll keep it simple

Oooo Oooo Oooo

You're the only medicine I'll been taking

We'll keep it simple baby

Emmurer nos émotions

Parfois, ma foi, les gens le font

A la fin, au fond, tout ca fait

Qu'on a mal, on a l'âme en chantier

Ouh la la la

from my Jimmy to my Jaw

every bone and every part of me's aching

Oh can't you see

Catch a break, chuck it to me

Any medicine you give me I'm taking

We'll keep it simple

Oooo Oooo Oooo

Doctor

Oooo Oooo Oooo

We'll keep it simple

Oooo Oooo Oooo

Ouh la la la

from my Jimmy to my Jaw

every bone and every part of me's aching

Dis quand on aime

Si le dire est un problème

On ne vit qu'à côté de sa vie

We'll keep it simple

Oooo Oooo Oooo

Doctor

Oooo Oooo Oooo

We'll keep it simple

Oooo Oooo Oooo

For the part "oh can't you see, catch a break..."

I hear "oh won't you, can't you see..."

What do you hear ?

I'm not sure but I think there is an extra word between oh and can't.

5 minutes ago, Maelle Stardust said:

For the part "oh can't you see, catch a break..."

I hear "oh won't you, can't you see..."

What do you hear ?

I'm not sure but I think there is an extra word between oh and can't.

Yes, it's "won't you, can't you see", but the rest is hard to understand, it's definitely not "break".

9 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes, it's "won't you, can't you see", but the rest is hard to understand, it's definitely not "break".

I agree, it's really strange that they are mistakes on the official lyrics video

2 hours ago, mellody said:

To me it sounds cute, and the meaning becomes clear if you know the word "fever"... so I suppose as the song is for the French market it doesn't matter, even if to native English speakers it sounds wrong

But it might confuse some French kids who are learning English, like I was confused at school because I learned a lot of my English from songs and they often sing "don't" where it should be "doesn't", so I always got that wrong in tests. :doh: :lmfao: Would be an interesting study, to see how many French students will write "feverly" instead of "feverish" in their tests at school, because they've listened to this song too often. :roftl:

Virgi wrote on Twitter that she heard the song on the radio today but it was censored, to avoid the Jimmy line :blink:

I wonder if the radio station actually censored it, or if the label provided a "clean" version for the radio stations to choose, like they sometimes do for songs with explicit lyrics. Except that these lyrics aren't explicit at all, unless you know what it means, and then I'd say you're not that innocent that you need protection. :teehee: As I already said on Twitter, it's like they would censor the line "sucking too hard on your Lollipop", or even just if someone sings about "making love", as the words themselves really aren't explicit, just the meaning is. So although personally I might have preferred a different topic in the lyrics (tho I got used to it meanwhile, I think I had a similar initial reaction about Ice Cream, and now I love it! :lol3:), I absolutely don't agree with censorship! I really hope that if they sing it on Wednesday at the Gala, they're not cutting this out! In that I agree with @crazyaboutmika about Mika's naughty side and this "devil's wink", it's fun if he can play a song where he's singing about his Jimmy, with a symphony orchestra on national TV!  :naughty:

In any case it is absolutely forbiden to cut Jimmies' off :overreact: especially not Mika's :mf_boff:

I am afraid I need to go to NC now :baghead:

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

It says the video is unavailable :emot-sad: What song is it? 

I think it's blocked for France, it's Mika and Casanova at The Voice singing Goodbye Stranger by Supertramp.

Here's the link on TF1: https://www.tf1.fr/tf1/the-voice/videos/casanova-mika-ou-goodbye-stranger-ou-supertramp.html

• Like 3