Keep It Simple - Song and Lyrics Discussion

mellody

5 minutes ago, PoodleSnow said:

Guess where’s again country districtions. :crybaby:Spotify just let’s me see the tittle and tolds me to listen something else.

Can you watch the youtube video we posted earlier?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, virgi said:

@mellody I guess Mika’s team liked your “ear worm” :lmfao:

BC735C58-6E79-4FFF-B805-538E7DBF10D4.thumb.jpeg.2a07481293798f4a879bc72c585e22e7.jpeg

Thanks, haha! 😄 I hadn't seen this, am not much on FB anymore.

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Maybe it's "brie", the French cheese :lol3:

:lmao: :lmao: That must be it! :lmfao:

10 minutes ago, Jaela said:

Honestly, I don't want to accidentally insult whoever created the lyric video, but I make edits on Capcut from time to time, and the way those lyrics appear on screen with that effect looks a lot like the effects you have on Capcut to create auto-lyrics 😅. You can simply put in any song and Capcut will transcribe the lyrics, though obviously if someone mumbles a bit the AI has trouble recognizing the words and just guesses something. I feel like that happened here too, with the grammar mistakes and strange sentences 😅. Either that or it was a French intern who really struggled with English, but in any case I think we can trust our own ears more than the "official" lyrics, as is often the case with Mika 😅😂

You might be right, and at least it's a big improvement to some of the lyrics in the MNIMH booklet. 😅🙈

He's probably having fun reading those mistakes on the big lyrics websites, and proud of his fans who can figure out the correct ones. :naughty: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, PoodleSnow said:

Why it’s so difficult to be Mika’s Finn fan! :banghead:  This supposed to be the happiest place in the world and I can’t even order from the same stores then most in the Europe.

I bought this song from the iTunes Store and if I use the link Mika tweeted I can open it on Spotify as well (however, it’s not available on the app). 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mellody said:

I agree, I also hear "won't you, can't you see". Then I also hear "catch a" - but not break, that's a different word. Sounds more like "breathe", but that doesn't make sense. And then maybe "and get to me"? Or "catch a ?? of ??" ... or if it's "chuck it to me", maybe where they say "break", he actually sings a word that's another word for some kind of drug/pill? Probably some slang words like Jimmy and Mary Jane. :naughty: @holdingyourdrink, any idea? :lol3:

"Won't you, can't you see / (something) or ketamine / any medicine you give me I'm taking"

That's what I hear sometimes, with the (something) possibly the name of some other drug?

I know, I know, I should "keep it simple" and not overanalyze, but I want to *know* dammit! :boxed:

Oh, and @PoodleSnow it's not just you - Spotify sometimes plays other songs than the one I want for me, too. I think maybe that's what it does when you have "free" account?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PoodleSnow said:

How you were able to get that from iTunes, for me it says no. And you can listen any music you own in Spotify.

I bought it on amazon, can you get it there?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PoodleSnow said:

How you were able to get that from iTunes, for me it says no. And you can listen any music you own in Spotify.

https://music.apple.com/fi/album/keep-it-simple-feat-mika/1660936664?i=1660936736&l=fi

What happens if you click the link? I was offered to buy iTunes Store when I click someone’s link. Also, Spotify worked for me when I used the link Mika tweeted (just not in app). I haven’t tried Amazon France but I’ve bought there digital material before. I know it can be a problem though. I haven’t managed to buy older symphonic albums anywhere. 

• Like 1

Ah, that's pretty much what I thought it would be. A nice and fun song, and we feel in a very good mood after listening to it (I needed that). Well, it's maybe just a little naughtier than what I thought :teehee:

Not my favorite, nor musically nor lyrically, but I like it :)

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 4

I think this song is just one big compliment to the doctor who fixed Mika's finger. 

Vianney: I'm not well, I have a fever

Mika: I've got a simple solution, just go see this doctor and you'll be fine. BAM there's the song.

I also got a hunch about the rest of the conversation but I'll keep that to myself :fisch:

• Haha 8

Well if the song wasn't fun enough already, it's gonna put me in a good mood now because I can't unhear "Catch a Brie, chuck it to me"! :D

13 hours ago, dcdeb said:

'm pretty sure that it's not "I'll been taking", it's "I been taking", which is still not grammatically correct, but it IS the way people talk. Nobody says "I'll been taking" ! Unless maybe they were taking some Mary Jane

And I think it's "I'll be taking" cause everything else is in the future tense too (we'll keep it simple). Like he's singing about his intentions, not about something that's already happened?

Ok after listening a few more times I'm also quite sure it's "Won't you, can't you see".
I also hear "every bone IN every part of me's aching" but that might just be his enunciation.

Edited by CharlotteL
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, PoodleSnow said:

Guess where’s again country districtions. :crybaby:Spotify just let’s me see the tittle and tolds me to listen something else.

I have the same problem with Turkish spotify, the song is just not there 🤨  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Can you imagine if Mika performs this song in concert and acts it out with hand gestures like he does with Origin of Love? 🤭🫣😂 🎵Ooo la la la, from my jimmy to my jaw🎵

I love the song. Can’t stop singing it. 😍😀

Edited by AGG
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I'm pretty sure that it's not "I'll been taking", it's "I been taking", which is still not grammatically correct, but it IS the way people talk. Nobody says "I'll been taking" ! Unless maybe they were taking some Mary Jane :rolleyes:

I think it's "You're the only medicine I'll be taking"

But "feverly"?   Really?  The word should be "feverish", he's changed it just to rhyme with "me" :annoyed:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dcdeb said:

"Won't you, can't you see / (something) or ketamine / any medicine you give me I'm taking"

That's what I hear sometimes, with the (something) possibly the name of some other drug?

I hear "Won't you, can't you see / (something) bring to me / any medicine you give me I'm taking "

And I also hear "Every bone in every part of me's aching"

• Like 2

I'm torn between wanting this song to be a hit, because commercial success for Mika's music is awesome, and not wanting it to be a hit, because I'd prefer if people knew him for his more artistic songs, instead of for "from my Jimmy to my Jaw". :facepalm: Especially the comparison with OOL makes me think that, like THAT is a song everyone should know! Anyway I guess I can't be that picky - as I said before, random listeners won't care about the lyrics either way, and those who do... well, "s*x sells", so a song that's "keeping it simple" in the music as well as in the topic they sing about might just be more likely to become a hit than a masterpiece like Tiny Love. Keep it simple, because random music listeners are simple. :dunno_grin:

Or maybe Mika just had enough of writing orchestra arrangements for the movie, and wanted to do something simple to contrast that. :lol3:

I hope the other songs he wrote for his album are about deeper topics... but well, if MNIMH is anything to judge by, we won't need to worry about that. :wub2: It's not an album full of "Ice Cream". :lol3:

I guess it can't NOT become a hit, catchy as it is! :teehee: Still stuck in my head. And anyone else who is just waiting for the "bing!" at the end, because it's so fun? :roftl:

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, mellody said:

And anyone else who is just waiting for the "bing!" at the end, because it's so fun? :roftl:

Me too! :lol3:

I was actually thinking that the "bing!" (or "ding" to me) sounds like the noise you hear at the doctor's surgery when your name is called in! Or is that just me? 😅

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, mellody said:

I'm torn between wanting this song to be a hit, because commercial success for Mika's music is awesome, and not wanting it to be a hit, because I'd prefer if people knew him for his more artistic songs, instead of for "from my Jimmy to my Jaw". :facepalm: Especially the comparison with OOL makes me think that, like THAT is a song everyone should know! Anyway I guess I can't be that picky - as I said before, random listeners won't care about the lyrics either way, and those who do... well, "s*x sells", so a song that's "keeping it simple" in the music as well as in the topic they sing about might just be more likely to become a hit than a masterpiece like Tiny Love. Keep it simple, because random music listeners are simple. :dunno_grin:

Or maybe Mika just had enough of writing orchestra arrangements for the movie, and wanted to do something simple to contrast that. :lol3:

I hope the other songs he wrote for his album are about deeper topics... but well, if MNIMH is anything to judge by, we won't need to worry about that. :wub2: It's not an album full of "Ice Cream". :lol3:

I guess it can't NOT become a hit, catchy as it is! :teehee: Still stuck in my head. And anyone else who is just waiting for the "bing!" at the end, because it's so fun? :roftl:

Mika always reminds me of Serge Gainsbourg or Pierre Perret when his songs are naughty :das: It's an old French tradition (like my daddy's jokes at during family meals or even my grandma's :lmfao:) I grew up laughing about :chkn:y jokes and I love Mika for being an enfant terrible and being naughty too. I mean in this time period that is not the most fun I'm grateful to him for his light and free spirit and making me smile with misbehaving :wub2:His voice is like a dream too :wub2: and that bing is fab :wub2: I was reminded of how he said he could flirt with a cup of coffee by that wonderful song :thumb_yello: and it lifts me up as it says love is simple and life is simple :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Bren said:

I think this song is just one big compliment to the doctor who fixed Mika's finger. 

Vianney: I'm not well, I have a fever

Mika: I've got a simple solution, just go see this doctor and you'll be fine. BAM there's the song.

I also got a hunch about the rest of the conversation but I'll keep that to myself :fisch:

Mika sees a lot of doctors :naughty: But this one is Dr Love :teehee:

8 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I know, I know, I should "keep it simple" and not overanalyze, but I want to *know* dammit! :boxed:

Oh, and @PoodleSnow it's not just you - Spotify sometimes plays other songs than the one I want for me, too. I think maybe that's what it does when you have "free" account?

We need to ask Mika about the lyrics next chance we get :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I was actually thinking that the "bing!" (or "ding" to me) sounds like the noise you hear at the doctor's surgery when your name is called in! Or is that just me? 😅

I hear like a door bell

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Haha, with the doorbell at the start and the 3am, I was thinking it was a home visit. :naughty:

• Haha 3