2023 - Mika @ No Borders Music Festival, Tarvisio, ITALY, 23 July

mellody

CIAO! FAN ITALIANI, TOCCA A VOI UN Q&A!

Probabilmente hai visto i simpatici video di domande e risposte che Mika ha fatto di recente per i fan giapponesi e coreani? Bene, ora tocca ai fan italiani fare il loro turno!

La prossima serie di date di Mika in Italia è quasi arrivata! Si parte con lo show dell'8 luglio a Cattolica e per prepararsi ora sta rispondendo alle domande dei fan italiani!

Ecco cosa fare: Fai un breve video di te stesso mentre saluti e poi fai la tua domanda. Per favore, tieni le tue domande relative alla visita di Mika in Italia: Cosa gli piace particolarmente dell'essere lì? Ha ricordi speciali specifici? Cosa si aspetta in ogni città? Come saranno gli spettacoli in Italia? Questo genere di cose!

Puoi inviare le tue domande in inglese o in italiano, ma se in italiano ti preghiamo di inviare una traduzione approssimativa in inglese. Invia il tuo video via email al seguente indirizzo il prima possibile, ma ENTRO LE ORE 18:00 ORA ITALIANA DI LUNEDÌ 19 GIUGNO: mikacompetition@gmail.com

Assicurati di scrivere ITALIA nella riga dell'oggetto dell'e-mail. Mika risponderà a quante più domande possibile e presto pubblicherà le risposte!

CIAO! ITALIAN FANS, IT'S YOUR TURN FOR A Q & A!

You probably saw the cute Question and Answer videos that Mika did recently for Japanese and Korean fans? Well, now it's time for Italian fans to have their turn!

Mika's upcoming run of dates in Italy is nearly here! They start with the 8 July show in Cattolica and to get ready he's now taking Italian fans' questions!

Here's what to do:

Make a short video of yourself saying hello, and then ask your question. Please keep your questions related to Mika's visit to Italy: What does he especially love about being there? Does he have specific special memories? What is he looking forward to in each city? What will the shows in Italy be like? That sort of thing!

You can submit your questions in English or Italian, but if in Italian please send a rough translation in English text.

Send your video by email to the following address as soon as possible, but NO LATER THAN 6pm ITALIAN TIME ON MONDAY, 19 JUNE: mikacompetition@gmail.com

Be sure to write ITALY on the subject line of the email.

Mika will answer as many questions as he can, and will post the answers soon!

• Like 2

On 3/1/2023 at 2:26 PM, mellody said:

Train tickets booked! :cheer: I'll arrive early in the morning and will leave shortly after midnight. So as the gig already is in the afternoon, I hope some of you have time to spend the evening with me in a restaurant, so I won't have to sit at the train station til midnight. 😅 Hopefully the weather will be nice, so I can enjoy the beautiful landscape until it gets dark. :wub2:

Very late response I know but Kimberly and I will be there and would love to join you (and other mfcers) for dinner! :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 2:26 PM, mellody said:

Train tickets booked! :cheer: I'll arrive early in the morning and will leave shortly after midnight. So as the gig already is in the afternoon, I hope some of you have time to spend the evening with me in a restaurant, so I won't have to sit at the train station til midnight. 😅 Hopefully the weather will be nice, so I can enjoy the beautiful landscape until it gets dark. :wub2:

Also late response but I’d also love to join dinner, on condition that it’s okay if my best friend (who‘s not in the MFC…yet, hopefully!) can come along:)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Ax07 said:

Do you think he will meet fans before or after the gig?

Unfortunately we rarely know in advance. I doubt there'll be an organized M&G as in Asia and Bristol, and for a spontaneous M&G it depends on a lot of things, like if there's a suitable space at the backstage exit, if Mika has time, etc.. I've never been to this area and they say it can only be reached by foot, but I suppose they can access it with cars to take Mika there, I don't think they transported the stage on a bike. :mf_rosetinted: We'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

@mellodysaid:

Unfortunately we rarely know in advance. I doubt there'll be an organized M&G as in Asia and Bristol, and for a spontaneous M&G it depends on a lot of things, like if there's a suitable space at the backstage exit, if Mika has time, etc.. I've never been to this area and they say it can only be reached by foot, but I suppose they can access it with cars to take Mika there, I don't think they transported the stage on a bike. :mf_rosetinted: We'll just have to wait and see.

If there's any MIKA meeting with you guys lemme know 😆🫨

and yes, I don't know how to react on someones post 🥶

48 minutes ago, Ax07 said:

If there's any MIKA meeting with you guys lemme know 😆🫨

and yes, I don't know how to react on someones post 🥶

If there's an official one, there'll be info about it on this thread. For anything else we just have to wait at the backstage exit after the show, and see what happens. :dunno_grin: But please feel free to say Hi when you see us, then of course we can let you know if there's any news while we're there. :)

I see you liked my post, so apparently you figured out how to react. :thumb_yello: If you want you can also introduce yourself by opening a new thread in this section of the forum:  https://www.mikafanclub.com/forum/5-introductions/ :)

See you in Tarvisio then! Can't wait for this gig, it's such a beautiful place! :wub2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I suppose they can access it with cars to take Mika there, I don't think they transported the stage on a bike.

Sure. There is a proper road and normally you can reach the lake by car. In these occasions they close the road to the public but obviously the artists and their crew will use it to reach the venue. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mellody said:

If there's an official one, there'll be info about it on this thread. For anything else we just have to wait at the backstage exit after the show, and see what happens. :dunno_grin: But please feel free to say Hi when you see us, then of course we can let you know if there's any news while we're there. :)

I see you liked my post, so apparently you figured out how to react. :thumb_yello: If you want you can also introduce yourself by opening a new thread in this section of the forum:  https://www.mikafanclub.com/forum/5-introductions/ :)

See you in Tarvisio then! Can't wait for this gig, it's such a beautiful place! :wub2:

I thank you @mellody nearly from the bottom of my heart for your appreciable words!

See you soon ;)

Hey everyone! I’m so excited to be going to this and would love to join for dinner! I have been a MIKA fan since I was 11 years old but have yet to see him live. How do you guys usually organize for events like this outside of the forum? 
super excited for this incredible venue and what is sure to be a great show!

• Like 3

Re: dinner

Since the venue is quite remote already, restaurants, let alone restaurants that meet special needs like vegan / gluten-free etc. options, are quite sparse. I did find this establishment, though, that does offer vegetarian and vegan options as well as options for people suffering from intolerances and allergies: https://www.happycow.net/reviews/locanda-mandi-fusine-in-valromana-242411

Taking the actual concert venue as a starting point, it's a 10-min car drive away. I assume most of us, if not all, are going to arrive by car due to the special nature of the venue anyway, so I personally think it would be a realistic option! What does everybody think? :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sarinaa said:

Re: dinner

Since the venue is quite remote already, restaurants, let alone restaurants that meet special needs like vegan / gluten-free etc. options, are quite sparse. I did find this establishment, though, that does offer vegetarian and vegan options as well as options for people suffering from intolerances and allergies: https://www.happycow.net/reviews/locanda-mandi-fusine-in-valromana-242411

Taking the actual concert venue as a starting point, it's a 10-min car drive away. I assume most of us, if not all, are going to arrive by car due to the special nature of the venue anyway, so I personally think it would be a realistic option! What does everybody think? :lol:

It's not possible to go to the venue by car, but only by foot, bike or shuttle buses. I don't know about the others, but I will arrive by train and then walk or take a bus for at least part of the way (if there's a good path I can walk, but not if I have to walk on the street, I'll have to see that when I'm there - unless someone knows?). So for dinner on the evening of the gig, I'd prefer it to be as close to the station Tarvisio Boscoverde as possible. I see though that most restaurants already close early, but in Tarvisio there are one or two that are open longer. Of course if everyone else is going by car and someone can take me to the restaurant and from there to the station afterwards, I'm also fine with going somewhere else.

I know that a bunch of MFCers are going to meet up for dinner the evening before in Villach, and I suppose they'll be going back there after the gig. So I'm not sure how many we are and if anyone needs special food.

4 hours ago, Tarin said:

Hey everyone! I’m so excited to be going to this and would love to join for dinner! I have been a MIKA fan since I was 11 years old but have yet to see him live. How do you guys usually organize for events like this outside of the forum? 
super excited for this incredible venue and what is sure to be a great show!

Hi, welcome! :welcomeani: When it's not a lot of people, we usually just agree on here that we want to meet up, and then decide about the details when we're there. :lol3: Of course some people who are friends can also message each other on Whatsapp or Instagram, but we don't have any Whatsapp groups or anything, we just post here for those who said they wanted to join. When it's bigger events, we also organize it here on the forum and someone makes a reservation.

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

It's not possible to go to the venue by car, but only by foot, bike or shuttle buses. I don't know about the others, but I will arrive by train and then walk or take a bus for at least part of the way (if there's a good path I can walk, but not if I have to walk on the street, I'll have to see that when I'm there - unless someone knows?). So for dinner on the evening of the gig, I'd prefer it to be as close to the station Tarvisio Boscoverde as possible. I see though that most restaurants already close early, but in Tarvisio there are one or two that are open longer. Of course if everyone else is going by car and someone can take me to the restaurant and from there to the station afterwards, I'm also fine with going somewhere else.

I know that a bunch of MFCers are going to meet up for dinner the evening before in Villach, and I suppose they'll be going back there after the gig. So I'm not sure how many we are and if anyone needs special food.

When I referred to "the venue", I meant the place where parking will be possible. From there, it's a 10-min drive to the restaurant I suggested. It's even closer to the venue than Tarvisio is:) My friend and I are already taking @CharlotteL and @jatspeedy, so not sure about a vacant seat in the car :confused: 

Despite being based in Villach at the time of the concert, I won't be able to make it to the dinner the night before, as I'm at a different concert then :emot-sad:  

15 hours ago, sarinaa said:

When I referred to "the venue", I meant the place where parking will be possible. From there, it's a 10-min drive to the restaurant I suggested. It's even closer to the venue than Tarvisio is:) My friend and I are already taking @CharlotteL and @jatspeedy, so not sure about a vacant seat in the car :confused: 

Despite being based in Villach at the time of the concert, I won't be able to make it to the dinner the night before, as I'm at a different concert then :emot-sad:  

Don´t worry that you aren´t able to be there on Saturday, it´s not an official dinner

• Like 1

Kurzinformation bei der Anreise:

Der Veranstaltungsort ist von Tarvisio aus über die S554 in Richtung Planica zu erreichen. Dabei handelt es sich um eine normale Landstraße, die auch während der Veranstaltung befahren werden kann. Von der S554 zweigt die Straße zu den Seen ab, diese Straße ist einspurig und mit dem Auto bis zum Parkplatz befahrbar. Wenn dieser Parkplatz voll ist, müssen Sie sich einen Parkplatz an der S554 suchen. Kurz nach dem Parkplatz befindet sich eine Mautstation, an der die Straße für den Verkehr gesperrt ist. Es gibt einen Shuttlebus, der in erster Linie für Behinderte reserviert ist. (ACHTUNG: Der Bus hat keine Rollstuhlrampe)

Der Weg zum See ist asphaltiert und führt meist durch den Wald. Entlang dieses Weges gibt es mehrere Almhütten, die auch geöffnet sind. Es gibt mehrere Essensstände am Veranstaltungsort. Die Aufstiegszeit beträgt nach Angaben ca. 35 Minuten.

Im Moment haben wir heißes Wetter mit Sonne und Gewitter. Daher ist Regenschutz ein guter Tipp

• Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Gigimau said:

Kurzinformation bei der Anreise:

Der Veranstaltungsort ist von Tarvisio aus über die S554 in Richtung Planica zu erreichen. Dabei handelt es sich um eine normale Landstraße, die auch während der Veranstaltung befahren werden kann. Von der S554 zweigt die Straße zu den Seen ab, diese Straße ist einspurig und mit dem Auto bis zum Parkplatz befahrbar. Wenn dieser Parkplatz voll ist, müssen Sie sich einen Parkplatz an der S554 suchen. Kurz nach dem Parkplatz befindet sich eine Mautstation, an der die Straße für den Verkehr gesperrt ist. Es gibt einen Shuttlebus, der in erster Linie für Behinderte reserviert ist. (ACHTUNG: Der Bus hat keine Rollstuhlrampe)

Der Weg zum See ist asphaltiert und führt meist durch den Wald. Entlang dieses Weges gibt es mehrere Almhütten, die auch geöffnet sind. Es gibt mehrere Essensstände am Veranstaltungsort. Die Aufstiegszeit beträgt nach Angaben ca. 35 Minuten.

Im Moment haben wir heißes Wetter mit Sonne und Gewitter. Daher ist Regenschutz ein guter Tipp

Thank you Birgit! A question, if I want to walk from the station (I know it's 2 hours, so I'd treat it as a hiking trip), is there a path next to the street or would I have to walk ON the street? (Wenn ich die 2 Std vom Bahnhof laufen bzw. wandern will, gibt es neben der Landstraße einen Weg, oder müsste ich AUF der Straße laufen?)

Translation of Birgit's text:

Brief information on arrival:

The venue can be reached from Tarvisio via the S554 towards Planica. This is a normal country road that can also be used during the event. The road to the lakes branches off from the S554, this road is single-lane and can be driven on by car up to the car park. If this car park is full, you will have to find a parking space on the S554. There is a toll station just after the parking lot where the road is closed to traffic. There is a shuttle bus reserved primarily for the disabled. (NOTE: the bus does not have a wheelchair ramp)

The path to the lake is paved and mostly leads through the forest. There are several alpine huts along this path, which are also open. There are several food stalls at the venue. The ascent time is according to information about 35 minutes.

At the moment we have hot weather with sun and thunderstorms. Therefore, rain protection is a good tip

• Like 1

Hello Karin

I assume you arrive at Tarvisio Boscoverde train station?

There is a long-distance cycle path from the train station in the direction of Planica, it runs on the old railway line almost parallel to the S 554 state road. At the Via dei Laghi intersection, you have to turn right, then you are on the path to the lakes, which everyone else also takes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gigimau said:

Hello Karin

I assume you arrive at Tarvisio Boscoverde train station?

There is a long-distance cycle path from the train station in the direction of Planica, it runs on the old railway line almost parallel to the S 554 state road. At the Via dei Laghi intersection, you have to turn right, then you are on the path to the lakes, which everyone else also takes.

Thank you! I saw that there's a bike rental at the station, might consider this, if they are open / can provide the bike for the times I need it. :thumb_yello:

14 hours ago, mellody said:

is there a path next to the street or would I have to walk ON the street?

You can see on the map the roads for the buses, bikes or walking: mapConcerti_fusineTARVISIO_map.jpg

Edited by krysady

18 hours ago, mellody said:

is there a path next to the street or would I have to walk ON the street?

You might be able to see this in Google Street view, it could be worth checking your route. I had a nice walk past the lakes in it. :original:

12 minutes ago, Hero said:

You might be able to see this in Google Street view, it could be worth checking your route. I had a nice walk past the lakes in it. :original:

Google Maps /Street View somehow just showed me the street for the cars - plus the way up to the lakes, that was ok, but the bike trail that Birgit mentioned I can only see in the sattelite photos if I know where it is, and not in Street View. However, I now downloaded an app for bike tours, and there I have all the info. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

Google Maps /Street View somehow just showed me the street for the cars - plus the way up to the lakes, that was ok, but the bike trail that Birgit mentioned I can only see in the sattelite photos if I know where it is, and not in Street View. However, I now downloaded an app for bike tours, and there I have all the info. :thumb_yello:

See! There is an advantage to have the satellite view turned on :wink2::biggrin2:

• Haha 1

Hello! :) Does anyone know if we can bring some food (sandwiches for example) to the venue? On the FAQ page of the festival only water bottles are mentioned (bottles larger than 0,5 l are not allowed) but I'm not sure about that either

• Like 1