2023 - Mika @ Bristol Sounds Festival, UK, 21 June

Kumazzz

Hey guys, aside from my introduction post, this is my first forum post, so I hope I found the right forum thread to ask this (if not, please redirect me and I will delete my post here):

I just purchased my ticket for Bristol :lustslow:, but for now, I'm gonna be going completely on my own, which is nothing I haven't done before, but feels weird considering it's a festival (Like, who attends a festival on their own? Idk, feels awk xD). And since I'm new to the MFC, I'd love to meet new people, that is other Mika fans! So, I was wondering if anyone else is also attending the gig alone, would like to get into touch, and go together? Or maybe there's a small group who feels like letting me join them? :) Are (some of the attending) MFC members usually meeting up anyway? 

I'm travelling from Germany btw:)

Thanks in advance for reaching out, feel free to DM me here or on my linked social media!

Edited by sarinaa
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, sarinaa said:

I'm gonna be going completely on my own, which is nothing I haven't done before, but feels weird considering it's a festival (Like, who attends a festival on their own? Idk, feels awk xD

Well, I do the same, in a way. :lmfao:

But I know so many from the MFC by now. :original:Just get there early queuing and you will meet some of the MFC. I will be there too. :original:

3 minutes ago, sarinaa said:

Hey guys, aside from my introduction post, this is my first forum post, so I hope I found the right forum thread to ask this (if not, please redirect me and I will delete my post here):

It is the right thread! :thumb_yello:

And here you can tell that you're going to the festival and can see who is going as well :original::

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Just get there early queuing and you will meet some of the MFC. I will be there too.

Oh awesome, I’m used to queuing early for other artists anyway, so much so that now, it feels wrong not to do it 😂 Looking forward to meeting you and other MFC people:)

• Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 9:33 AM, sarinaa said:

I just purchased my ticket for Bristol :lustslow:, but for now, I'm gonna be going completely on my own, which is nothing I haven't done before, but feels weird considering it's a festival (Like, who attends a festival on their own? Idk, feels awk xD). And since I'm new to the MFC, I'd love to meet new people, that is other Mika fans! So, I was wondering if anyone else is also attending the gig alone, would like to get into touch, and go together? Or maybe there's a small group who feels like letting me join them? :) Are (some of the attending) MFC members usually meeting up anyway? 

I'm travelling from Germany btw:)

Thanks in advance for reaching out, feel free to DM me here or on my linked social media!

I'm going alone as well, and I consider myself a very new fan so I don't know many people yet... let me know if there's anything you want to plan/do together, it would be great to have some company!

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cra9Fbzs0fD/

bristolsounds

Canons Marsh Ampitheatre

As our first headliner of the weekend and our latest announcement, we’re having a @mikainstagram focus this week, so keep an eye on our story for lots of fun content, from quizzes to playlists and challenges! Don’t forget: ticket links in bio!

342534086_226158743352818_2845521721432507170_n.jpg

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 9:40 AM, Prisca said:

Just get there early queuing

Hmm, how early though... if it's anything like the Roundhouse last year, I'd say by 10am to be in the first few rows. 9am to be certain. 

27 minutes ago, Hero said:

Hmm, how early though... if it's anything like the Roundhouse last year, I'd say by 10am to be in the first few rows. 9am to be certain. 

You can also come at 10am and someone who came at 3pm can be in front of you. You can also come at 6/7am and someone who comes a few hours later blocks you to make room for someone who started queuing late in the afternoon and still look like a bogeyman because you don't want to leave a 50-something year old woman who is a head shorter in front of you who arrived at the concert venue only 30 minutes before the concert. You can also start queuing at 7.30am and give up your front row without discussion for someone who needs it more than you and still become a bogeyman in the end. All happend to me! The front row is never safe (yes, sorry, I'm frustrated). But true, for the first few rows it should be ok. But honestly, I have more faith in the UK than in France that you will get your fair share.

14 minutes ago, Prisca said:

You can also come at 10am and someone who came at 3pm can be in front of you. You can also come at 6/7am and someone who comes a few hours later blocks you to make room for someone who started queuing late in the afternoon and still look like a bogeyman because you don't want to leave a 50-something year old woman who is a head shorter in front of you who arrived at the concert venue only 30 minutes before the concert. You can also start queuing at 7.30am and give up your front row without discussion for someone who needs it more than you and still become a bogeyman in the end. All happend to me! The front row is never safe (yes, sorry, I'm frustrated). But true, for the first few rows it should be ok. But honestly, I have more faith in the UK than in France that you will get your fair share.

Oh man. I'm sorry you've experienced all that. Blocking is completely unfair. 

The Roundhouse worked well because they had good security who worked with us, respected the numbering, and enforced no running in the venue. Honestly, I doubt the Bristol crew will be as good. Probably more like it was at Caribana or Zeebrugge. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hero said:

The Roundhouse worked well because they had good security who worked with us, respected the numbering, and enforced no running in the venue. Honestly, I doubt the Bristol crew will be as good. Probably more like it was at Caribana or Zeebrugge. 

Yes, I have experienced all kinds of things. Roundhouse has been the best organisation I have ever experienced. Letting people in one by one was perfect. Usually it works out to get into the first or second row if you get there early. My description was more negative than is often the case while queuing. I'm sorry, I just had a moment of frustration. 🙈

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Yes, I have experienced all kinds of things. Roundhouse has been the best organisation I have ever experienced. Letting people in one by one was perfect. Usually it works out to get into the first or second row if you get there early. My description was more negative than is often the case while queuing. I'm sorry, I just had a moment of frustration. 🙈

Understandable, with the amount you've done, it figures you'd have more than your fair share of negative experiences. 🫂

I guess the usual advice applies - prepare for the worst, hope for the best. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hero said:

I guess the usual advice applies - prepare for the worst, hope for the best. 

Totally agree, you never know what is going to happen in the end and that's actually what I'm doing: prepare for the worst, hope for the best. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

I've just spent all evening trying to make this work. Train is extortionate. Two nights in a hotel brings it up to £500 & that doesn't include the ticket (which is the most reasonable aspect of it all, weirdly!) Then I wonder if it will be a bit of a letdown if I am unfortunate enough to be near the back (I'm so short!) 

But I need another Mika fix!!!! :crybaby:

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, AmelieCharlotte said:

I've just spent all evening trying to make this work. Train is extortionate. Two nights in a hotel brings it up to £500 & that doesn't include the ticket (which is the most reasonable aspect of it all, weirdly!) Then I wonder if it will be a bit of a letdown if I am unfortunate enough to be near the back (I'm so short!) 

But I need another Mika fix!!!! :crybaby:

Have you looked at flights?  Often much cheaper than railfare.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, silver said:

Have you looked at flights?  Often much cheaper than railfare.

Yes, but sadly they don't help. I live in such an awkward village (though it looks okay on a map!) without transport that any saving would be gobbled up by having to tack accommodation onto the 19th & 22nd too! Sometimes you just have to believe that it wasn't meant to be (& I should have acted much faster a few weeks ago!)

• Sad 1

soo i got tickets for this then to learn that i can’t actually get the day off work hahah! luckily enough i work 7-4pm and i only live an hour away from bristol. just means i’ll be dancing at the back of the crowd😅 

ive been to one of the bristol sounds gigs before, back in 2015 to see george ezra and it was a fairly decent venue, it’s nice to be by the harbourside and will be sooo lovely if we get lucky with the weather🤞🏻

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsT12Hjs-c5/

lifebynumbers

Bristol

🚨 COMPETITION TIME! 🚨
We have teamed up with @crosstownconcerts and @bristol247 to offer: 2X TICKETS TO ANY BRISTOL SOUNDS EVENT OF YOUR CHOICE!
Headliners include: @mikainstagram, @jacobcollier, @wearejames, @levellersofficial & @selfesteemselfesteem!

TO ENTER:
- Like, save & share this post
- Follow @lifebynumbers & @bristol247
- Tag who you would take with you!

Remember to check out our @lifebynumbers e-store (link in bio)! Purchases help raise funds for @talkclubcharity.

Winners will be announced Friday 26th @ mid-day!

Good luck x

347292015_2001664030176876_8343976080855372596_n.jpg

347277161_3444494212544195_1923415697314651281_n.jpg

• Like 2

Well, I've just bought my plane tickets, and I've got my festival ticket sorted, so I guess it's official! I will see you all in Bristol! Who else will be there? I only see 8 others on our RSVP list, surely there will be more than that?

Anyhow, can't wait! I thought I might go Mika-less this year, so this is going to be a nice treat!

• Like 9