2023 - Mika @ Bristol Sounds Festival, UK, 21 June

Kumazzz

11 hours ago, mellody said:

Pizza Margherita for me, please. :) Do they also need to know about the dessert in advance? I'd say whether I'll have one depends on how long we'll stay and how big the pizza is. :lol3:

Thanks! Hmm, I somehow thought that the VIP area would be on the side, not at the front... not sure if I read that somewhere or if I just assumed it, because that's how it usually is at festivals.

Do any of you have VIP tickets?

Yes, my mum and I both have VIP tickets. I believe usually they don't offer VIP tickets as most of the other shows available have that option. I don't know for certain if it will be a barrier at the front but that's what I think usually happens, although it's a funny shape. Bristol 02 works in the same way if I can. I shall see find out for you all, it seems to be hard to find photos online.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I was wondering about the VIP ticket. But while checking some older photos I thought that the VIP zone will be in the "back" over the audience as on this photo. But maybe I am wrong. It's standing and the only additional thing is a separate entrance and some drinks.

image.thumb.png.0343d87aed74dd4f285a88946d0a95cc.png

On this photo I don't see any special places on the sides. Only a roof in the back area.

image.thumb.png.f4a4c39d06eb0c7c1e66cf03dfcd7d25.png

I sent a dm to the Bristol sounds insta page and yep, its a viewing platform at the back that is raised above the crowd. That definitely makes more sense than a barrier at the front. They sent me a video so I'll attach it so you can all see what it's like. I think the main perk is not being submerged in the crowd? What sort of time are other people with VIP tickets thinking of queueing from?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Another example of a flower. Very easy to do. It's very fluffy, looks like a poppy.

It's red again because I have a lot of red crepe paper so I use it for testing 🤣  I am not be able to take them with me anyway.

For the moment my living room looks like a garden 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

IMG_20230613_130656576.jpg

IMG_20230613_131258059.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Hero said:

GOOD NEWS - dinner is booked. :yay:

We are booked for a max of 20 people, but they know it might be a few less. 

The Bristol Stable

Canon's Road, Bristol BS1 5UH

Tuesday 20 June, 7pm. 

They confirmed that gluten free is no problem, all their pizzas can be made gf. 

ACTION NEEDED

They need a pre-order submitting at least 48 hours in advance. Here is the menu they have sent us. Please can you let me know what you would like to eat, and I'll confirm back to them on Saturday. Thanks!

TheStable_Food-Menu_Bristol_230612_154956.pdf 297.79 kB · 17 downloads

EEK ITS NEXT WEEK!!! WOOHOO!!!! :lustslow::excite:

Before I had all my food intolerances, I always enjoyed trying new things.

"Mushroom Magic" looks appealing :naughty: (ok, more the name as the ingredients :teehee:).

I'll take a "Slice of Bristol" with non-gluten base, please. We will be in Bristol, right? :biggrin2:

I have to say that I first read Gingerbread as ingredient and not "GingerBeard". :lmfao:

I looked: The sauce has a bit of gluten in it, but since I only have an intolerance and am not coeliac, I think I'll have more trouble with the tomato sauce that's on the pizza. Had too many tomatoes in all sorts for too long and now my body reacts against it. 🙈

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Before I had all my food intolerances, I always enjoyed trying new things.

"Mushroom Magic" looks appealing :naughty: (ok, more the name as the ingredients :teehee:).

I'll take a "Slice of Bristol" with non-gluten base, please. We will be in Bristol, right? :biggrin2:

I have to say that I first read Gingerbread as ingredient and not "GingerBeard". :lmfao:

I looked: The sauce has a bit of gluten in it, but since I only have an intolerance and am not coeliac, I think I'll have more trouble with the tomato sauce that's on the pizza. Had too many tomatoes in all sorts for too long and now my body reacts against it. 🙈

Just double checked which one is the Slice of Bristol, sounds good! Would have been my choice in the meat eating days. :thumb_yello:

If you like, I can ask them if it's possible to leave off the tomato sauce on yours?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hero said:

If you like, I can ask them if it's possible to leave off the tomato sauce on yours?

It's okay, you don't have to ask. It just gets complicated. :huglove:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hero said:

@dcdeb @mellody

I've just received a confirmation email showing the booking as 7pm-9pm. Do we want to extend? 

Would make sense, I guess. I guess once we're sitting and chatting, we won't want to get up and go somewhere else. I'm sure it won't get boring. ;)

• Like 3

DINNER UPDATE

They've extended our booking until closing time, the new confirmation email says 7pm-10pm. (I guess their hours have changed)

They confirmed it's not necessary to pre-order desserts, but they're made in-house so subject to availability, if anyone really wants one its best to include it. Apparently "the cheesecake is outrageously good". :biggrin2:

• Thanks 2

On 6/12/2023 at 5:31 PM, Hero said:

GOOD NEWS - dinner is booked. :yay:

We are booked for a max of 20 people, but they know it might be a few less. 

The Bristol Stable

Canon's Road, Bristol BS1 5UH

Tuesday 20 June, 7pm. 

They confirmed that gluten free is no problem, all their pizzas can be made gf. 

ACTION NEEDED

They need a pre-order submitting at least 48 hours in advance. Here is the menu they have sent us. Please can you let me know what you would like to eat, and I'll confirm back to them on Saturday. Thanks!

TheStable_Food-Menu_Bristol_230612_154956.pdf 297.79 kB · 21 downloads

EEK ITS NEXT WEEK!!! WOOHOO!!!! :lustslow::excite:

Fanny would like to have a Pizza Margherita. :original:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 12:00 PM, goose said:

I sent a dm to the Bristol sounds insta page and yep, its a viewing platform at the back that is raised above the crowd. That definitely makes more sense than a barrier at the front. They sent me a video so I'll attach it so you can all see what it's like. I think the main perk is not being submerged in the crowd? What sort of time are other people with VIP tickets thinking of queueing from?

Thank you for letting know! All fans that I know, have a normal ticket...

I would say, you can start queuing later with a VIP ticket than with a normal ticket.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Sky is the limit.

If we only have enough of crepe and tissue paper 😃

IMG_20230614_194204312.jpg

You're getting really good at these!

I'll see if I've got any paper at home, or can get some at the weekend. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Hero said:

You're getting really good at these!

I'll see if I've got any paper at home, or can get some at the weekend. 

If you want to buy some you can find packages of 8 or 10 colors . They are cheaper than if you buy each color separately.

And we can mix them as we wish.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Hero said:

DINNER UPDATE

They've extended our booking until closing time, the new confirmation email says 7pm-10pm. (I guess their hours have changed)

They confirmed it's not necessary to pre-order desserts, but they're made in-house so subject to availability, if anyone really wants one its best to include it. Apparently "the cheesecake is outrageously good". :biggrin2:

I love cheesecake, so OK, outrageously good cheesecake for me, if you need to pre-order it. Otherwise I'll take my chances.

And thanks for getting the time extended @Hero. I think we'll end up there until 10 at least!

About the flowers -- I have lots of tissue paper, but no skill or time... I'll try to do something ahead of time, if not I'll at least bring the paper. Thanks, @Anna Ko Kolkowska !

Now... about REAL flowers? Someone asked me if we wanted to give Mika some. It's not something we usually do at a festival, but I suppose we could order some if you want? LMK!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I love cheesecake, so OK, outrageously good cheesecake for me, if you need to pre-order it. Otherwise I'll take my chances.

And thanks for getting the time extended @Hero. I think we'll end up there until 10 at least!

About the flowers -- I have lots of tissue paper, but no skill or time... I'll try to do something ahead of time, if not I'll at least bring the paper. Thanks, @Anna Ko Kolkowska !

Now... about REAL flowers? Someone asked me if we wanted to give Mika some. It's not something we usually do at a festival, but I suppose we could order some if you want? LMK!

Hi @dcdeb  that's fine to me:yes:! Mika always appreciates flowers. I was wondering if it's possible to deliver flowers to the venue, from the picture it looks like there is no real backstage (there is water behing the stage lol) but I suppose there is necessarily a dressing room or something like that.

image.thumb.png.01b1e6394736c61a0e7c509652e83e1f.png

I googled florists in Bristol, there are many, like these ones for example:

Local Florist Bristol | Same Day Flower Delivery | Roots Floral Designs

The Flower Shop Bristol , Gloucester Rd. Same Day Flower Delivery

Lily Violet May – Lily violet may flowers

Concerning @Anna Ko Kolkowska fan action, it looks great! the idea is super cute! But I won't have much time,  I will work until Monday and leave on Tuesday. I will arrive in Bristol in the late afternoon, like 5 pm. So I think I will have time to help you only on the gig day. Btw I will try to be useful:wink2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dcdeb said:

1 hour ago, Chiara 83 said:

Concerning @Anna Ko Kolkowska fan action, it looks great! the idea is super cute! But I won't have much time,  I will work until Monday and leave on Tuesday. I will arrive in Bristol in the late afternoon, like 5 pm. So I think I will have time to help you only on the gig day. Btw I will try to be useful:wink2:

Thank you very much. Any help is welcome. I think the biggest part to do will be done in the venue anyway.

So if you can bring the paper (crepe or tissue - ex. 10 sheets, or more if possible) I will appreciate it a lot. 

I must say that the tissue paper flowers look gorgeous. I showed them yesterday during our zoom meeting.

The paper is very light and you can fold sheets in four and make them flat to put in your luggage.

Don't worry that it will crease. It's not a problem. It's more resistant as we can think.

I can't wait to see you all in Bristol!

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 4

OK, so for real flowers, since we're short on time (at least I am!) I'll see if we can get them delivered and order some, and will collect from everyone once there.

Also, I've seen that Bristol Sounds finally published their FAQ:

https://mailchi.mp/crosstownconcerts/bristol-sounds-2023-info

Some of the most relevant points:

The bar and food court area will open every week day at 5pm to the general public, no ticket necessary until 30 minutes before official door opening time. No food or drink can be brought into the site – but please feel free to bring your own empty water bottles as free water is available on site. 
 Please note all bars are CARD PAYMENTS ONLY.

PLEASE DO NOT BRING:
- Flags
- Chairs
- Any professional recording equipment or cameras 
- Dogs (yes , some people think you can!)
- Any food or drink (bars and food units are available)
- Umbrellas (they make it impossible for people behind you to see, sorry)
- Anything that could be used as a weapon  
- Sensible sized back packs and bags will be allowed but will be searched at the main entrance in the interest of everyone’s safety. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3