2023 - Mika @ Bristol Sounds Festival, UK, 21 June

Kumazzz

Bristol Sounds Festival

on

Wednesday 21st June 2023

PRE-SALE

https://mailchi.mp/crosstownconcerts/bristol-sounds-2023

Our final Bristol Sounds headliner for Wednesday 21st June 2023 will be revealed next Friday 14th April!

Stay tuned and sign-up below for exclusive pre-sale access.

Bristol_Sounds.thumb.jpg.8f20aaf7b161eca87547be958e8af9db.jpg

Please RSVP here if you're going:

Edited by mellody
  • Like 2

Times of Bristol

https://timesofbristol.co.uk/mika-confirmed-as-final-headliner-for-epic-bristol-sounds-line-up/

Mika confirmed as final headliner for epic Bristol Sounds line-up

By
admin
-April 14, 2023

Mika has been named as the final headliner for Bristol Sounds returning the harbourside this summer. The popstar, who topped the UK charts in 2007 with ‘Grace Kelly’, will kick off a week of live music at Lloyds Amphitheatre on June 21.

The five-night gig series traditionally falls on the name weekend as Glastonbury Festival and welcomes some of the biggest names in music. Mika has joined a star-studded line-up comprising James, The Levellers, Jacob Collier and Self Esteem.

Mika shot to fame in the 2000s and has since gone on to record four more platinum-selling studio albums – most recently My Name is Michael Holbrook released in October 2019. In 2022, the star – who speaks four languages fluently – stepped into the limelight as a host of the Eurovision Song Contest.

While Mika takes the opening slot on Wednesday (June 21), Jacob Collier will headline the following night. The 28-year-old Londoner shot to fame as a teenager on YouTube and became a Grammy award-winning multi-instrumentalist.

On the Friday, Manchester band James will take over the stage as part of their 40th-anniversary tour. The band met global success in the 1990s with hits like ‘Sit Down’ and ‘Born Of Frustration’.

The Levellers will be top billed on the Saturday, but will also feature ska legends The Selecter, Shaun Ryder and Kermit’s Black Grape, Newport rappers Goldie Lookin’ Chain and Peat & Diesel. Bristol Sounds will be rounded off by Self Esteem, who is booked for a string of UK shows this summer.

Pre-sale tickets for Mika will go live on April 19 and general tickets will go live on April 21.

To register for presale sign up to the mailing list.

Bristol Sounds comes to Lloyds Amphitheatre on June 21-25.

• Like 2

Twitter

Bristol Sounds

We are SO excited to confirm that our final headliner on Wednesday 21st June is, MIKA!

Sign up now for exclusive access to the pre-sale: Tickets will go on general sale next Friday 21 April, 9am.

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrAlM8atgr2/

We are SO excited to confirm that our final headliner on Wednesday 21st June is MIKA!

Sign up now for exclusive access to the pre-sale (link in bio). Tickets will go on general sale next Friday 21st April @ 9am.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hero said:

It's an outdoor venue, capacity maximum is 10,000 people. Standing only. 

Hope the weather stays nice, always a risk in the UK! Particularly the west coast. 

Oh, I thought it was a covered building. But I've checked in the Internet.  It's true, it's an outdoor venue.

• Like 1

I wasn't able to go to Cheltenham so I'm really looking forward to this one!

EDIT: I googled a bit and found a Ticketmaster page which redirects here: https://www.ticketweb.uk/event/bristol-sounds-mika-canons-marsh-amphitheatre-tickets/13134775?REFERRAL_ID=tmfeed

Wed Jun 21 2023

6:30 PM - 10:30 PM

So definitely will need a hotel for me...

Edited by bakerstreetish
  • Like 4

I'm glad Mika is doing more in the UK, but I'm still hoping for something closer to me!

From my tiny town to Bristol I'm looking at 5+ hours of travel, out of curiosity I did look at train prices too, at the moment for a return ticket I'd be looking at £230! And that's before looking at accommodation!

I hope people going enjoy themselves though, hopefully the sun will be shining on the first day of Summer for Mika! 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bakerstreetish said:

I wasn't able to go to Cheltenham so I'm really looking forward to this one!

EDIT: I googled a bit and found a Ticketmaster page which redirects here: https://www.ticketweb.uk/event/bristol-sounds-mika-canons-marsh-amphitheatre-tickets/13134775?REFERRAL_ID=tmfeed

Wed Jun 21 2023

6:30 PM - 10:30 PM

So definitely will need a hotel for me...

@bakerstreetish Make sure you sign up so you can have access to the presale on Wednesday, 19th April:

General sale tickets don't go on sale until Friday, 21st April.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm glad Mika is doing more in the UK, but I'm still hoping for something closer to me!

From my tiny town to Bristol I'm looking at 5+ hours of travel, out of curiosity I did look at train prices too, at the moment for a return ticket I'd be looking at £230! And that's before looking at accommodation!

I hope people going enjoy themselves though, hopefully the sun will be shining on the first day of Summer for Mika! 🙂

Manchester or Liverpool would be good solutions for you, wouldn't they? Italy's train fares are much lower. Hope Mika has a chance to perform further north for you and other UK fans.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Aren't the National Express tickets cheaper? At least the trip from London to Cheltenham is pretty affordable by bus.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Megabus might also be a possibility, say from Manchester if not from Leeds.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SusanT said:

Megabus might also be a possibility, say from Manchester if not from Leeds.

Really not keen on buses/coaches (don't ask...), no matter how cheap they are...

I will continue manifesting for Mika to come further north! :pray:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Really not keen on buses/coaches (don't ask...), no matter how cheap they are...

I will continue manifesting for Mika to come further north! :pray:

How far north are you? Last October I overnighted from my village to Glasgow & then to London on the Megabus for a Max Richter concert. By 3pm I was feeling so ill with tiredness & then had to get the train back that night. Never again, I'm too old for that :blink:

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, AmelieCharlotte said:

How far north are you?

West Yorkshire. But slightly more north westerly I guess 😅

And there's plenty of festivals, arenas and theatres up here!

*MANIFESTING INTENSIFIES*

6 minutes ago, AmelieCharlotte said:

Last October I overnighted from my village to Glasgow & then to London on the Megabus for a Max Richter concert. By 3pm I was feeling so ill with tiredness & then had to get the train back that night. Never again, I'm too old for that :blink:

Yeah, even I'm not sure I'd be willing to travel like that for a concert. Sorry Mika! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bakerstreetish said:

Hi, has anyone gotten an email for tomorrow's pre-sale yet?

I was going to ask the same thing: No, I didn't get anything. smilie_denk_14.gif