2023 - Mika @ Bristol Sounds Festival, UK, 21 June

Kumazzz

@dcdeb I have just received the email with all the info as well, the no flag policy is rather surprising for me, do you think that includes banners ? I reckon we should be able to eat in the cue, email says that the doors will open at 6.30 and the curfew is at 10.30pm ! Doesn't that seem early ?

@Anna Ko Kolkowska I am definitely agreeing to the real flowers idea and would be happy to collect if needed,  I have a van should we need that much space

I can't wait for it, definitely getting close now ! Can't wait to see everyone 🥰

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, frenchfan84 said:

nna Ko Kolkowska I am definitely agreeing to the real flowers idea and would be happy to collect if needed,  I have a van should we need that much space

I can't wait for it, definitely getting close now ! Can't wait to see everyone 🥰

I think it's rather to @dcdeb  I organize paper flowers fan action. 

But I think Deb said that she will try to find a florists who can deliver flowers to the venue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

OK, so for real flowers, since we're short on time (at least I am!) I'll see if we can get them delivered and order some, and will collect from everyone once there.

Also, I've seen that Bristol Sounds finally published their FAQ:

https://mailchi.mp/crosstownconcerts/bristol-sounds-2023-info

Some of the most relevant points:

The bar and food court area will open every week day at 5pm to the general public, no ticket necessary until 30 minutes before official door opening time. No food or drink can be brought into the site – but please feel free to bring your own empty water bottles as free water is available on site. 
 Please note all bars are CARD PAYMENTS ONLY.

PLEASE DO NOT BRING:
- Flags
- Chairs
- Any professional recording equipment or cameras 
- Dogs (yes , some people think you can!)
- Any food or drink (bars and food units are available)
- Umbrellas (they make it impossible for people behind you to see, sorry)
- Anything that could be used as a weapon  
- Sensible sized back packs and bags will be allowed but will be searched at the main entrance in the interest of everyone’s safety. 

Ok thank you Deb, I will be available if you need some cooperation for the flowers purchase/order. I already googled and saw many beautiful bouquet/baskets. :mikalove:

• Like 2

On 6/12/2023 at 5:40 PM, Hero said:

List of attendees so far. I'll update it to show food orders received. 

1 Deb (dcdeb) - Margherita pizza, red onion, black olives (not green). Cheesecake.
2 Andrea (hero) - Margherita pizza, tenderstem broccoli, red onion marmalade.   Brownie. 
3 Karin (mellody) - Margherita pizza.

4 Prisca (prisca) - Slice of Bristol, non-gluten base.

5 Chiara (chiara 83) - Goats cheese and roasted squash salad.

6 Fanny - Margherita pizza.

7 Camille (camille*) - Margherita pizza.

8 Mara (marab) - Pesto La Pizza.
9 Romy - Pesto La Pizza.

10 Rose (rak1) - 
11 Deb (frenchfan84) - 
12 Nina (tiibet) - 
13 Ani (anilado) - 
14 Lorlore - 

Hey there, sorry for my late response, but may I join if it‘s okay with everyone (I don‘t know any of you yet, so I don’t want to crash a closed group)? 🙈 I‘ll take the Mushroom Magic, in case y‘all are fine with me joining:)

Edited by sarinaa
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, frenchfan84 said:

the no flag policy is rather surprising for me, do you think that includes banners ? 

Also just read the email… I was looking forward to celebrating Pride aka bringing my flag 💔 I think they’re trying to not make it political, though, so banners should be fine, hopefully 🙏🏻 

I’m also gonna be trying to get some paper flowers done, really cute idea btw 🫶🏻 Not sure if my local art supply store has this kind of paper, but I’m gonna come up with something, I guess haha!

Also, I’m sorry if me engaging in all of this is super weird because y‘all know each other already (so I assume), and I’m new. I’m really looking forward to meeting some MFClers! ❤️

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, sarinaa said:

Hey there, sorry for my late response, but may I join if it‘s okay with everyone (I don‘t know any of you yet, so I don’t want to crash a closed group)? 🙈 I‘ll take the Mushroom Magic, in case y‘all are fine with me joining:)

It'll be lovely to see you there! It's for anyone who wants to come. I've added you to the list. :thumb_yello: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, sarinaa said:

Also, I’m sorry if me engaging in all of this is super weird because y‘all know each other already (so I assume), and I’m new. I’m really looking forward to meeting some MFClers! ❤️

Not weird at all, it's great that you're getting involved! Looking forward to meeting you! ❤

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RAK1 said:

Put me down for a Proper Margherita pizza, thank you.

Do we need to order dessert now too?

Thanks Rose! It's best to order dessert now if there's something you want, as it's made fresh each day so subject to availability. 

@Hero I shall have a margarita too 😋 

My wings came today and they are gorgeous, I honestly can't wait for everyone to see them !

I will spend my Sunday preparing some flowers and all my things and outfit 😁 i am soooo excited 😍 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, sarinaa said:

I’m also gonna be trying to get some paper flowers done, really cute idea btw 🫶🏻 Not sure if my local art supply store has this kind of paper, but I’m gonna come up with something, I guess haha!

Not weird at all! We are always happy to welcome new fans here! Looking forward to meeting you as well!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, tiibet said:

I will have a gluten free proper margherita, thank you! Also some dessert if available but not sure if those are gluten free. 

Thanks Nina! I'll ask if they can make a dessert gluten free - they should be able to, it'd be weird to offer gf mains but not desserts.  

Do you need dairy free too? Someone mentioned it earlier. 

Hi everyone 👋. Delighted to see so many names that I know! 
I still have a spare ticket available if anyone needs one. 
I am travelling alone and don’t get into Bristol until mid afternoon on Wednesday. I’ll dump my bag and head to the venue. But my running days are over- sometimes even walking is a challenge- so I’m not expecting a brilliant position. But it will be great to be there. 😀

• Like 6

On 6/16/2023 at 1:00 AM, Hero said:

Thanks Rose! It's best to order dessert now if there's something you want, as it's made fresh each day so subject to availability. 

Hi,

if it's best to order dessert now, can you also add a cheesecake for me please ? 🙏

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Just heard from Chiara, the air travel unions have announced a strike in Italy on Tuesday. I hope everyone is still able to come! :tears: :crossed::pray:

Worst news I could ever receive.

If you don't see me in Bristol you know why. 

• Sad 5

BRISTOL FANS!

Awaiting confirmation on whether there will be a meet & greet with Mika after the show, HOWEVER, if there is one, it will only be for a limited number of Mika Fan Club fans.

If you would like to be considered for the meet & greet, please send an email with BRISTOL in the subject line to this email address: mfc.contest@gmail.com

In the email please include both your real name and your MFC user name, and mobile number.

We will include as many fans as possible, but please understand that due to space and other constraints we may not be able to include every MFCer at the show, so will give priority to UK-based fans.

Deadline for sending email: 11:59pm UK time on MONDAY, 19 JUNE!

If you are selected for the meet & greet, you will receive a confirmation email.

Good luck!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chiara 83 said:

Worst news I could ever receive.

If you don't see me in Bristol you know why. 

For now my flight is confirmed. But I am already checking for alternative flights on the 21st. Just in case...:glasses3:

The most important thing is being in Bristol in time for the gig, I really want to be there:mikalove:

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

@Chiara 83 I am crossing my fingers for you I really hope you don't have any issanywith your original flight ✈️ 

@Hero I am not sure how big of a pizza they serve but I will also go for a cheesecake 😁

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chiara 83 said:

For now my flight is confirmed. But I am already checking for alternative flights on the 21st. Just in case...:glasses3:

The most important thing is being in Bristol in time for the gig, I really want to be there:mikalove:

I know you're working on Monday, but could you get a late flight after work? 

Really hope you can be there! :hug::pray:

• Like 2