2023 - Mika @ Bristol Sounds Festival, UK, 21 June

Kumazzz

2 week weather forecast looks good. Sunshine, partly cloudy but no rain. Approx 25°c daytime, 16°c evening/night. Moderate breeze with some strong gusts. 

Fingers crossed it stays that way! :crossed:

• Like 3

On 6/8/2023 at 2:08 PM, Hero said:

Thanks Deb! I also saw:

The Coconut Tree

Sri Lankan restaurant, many veggie/vegan/gluten free options. 

https://www.thecoconut-tree.com/restaurant_bars/bristol-clifton-triangle-◺/

All In One

Greek Cypriot restaurant, several v/vg/gf plus a separate v/vg menu on request.

http://www.allinonebristol.co.uk/

Either of those would be OK with me, too. I've never eaten at  Sri Lankan place. The Greek place looks like maybe it's a little small? Hard to tell from the pics. Both close at 10 it seems.

On 6/8/2023 at 2:14 PM, mellody said:

Pizza! :lustslow: It's also open til 11pm, while the Tapas one closes already at 10 on weekdays. ;)

I'm always ready for pizza. :)

Honestly, as long as you don't make me eat liver or octopus or green peppers, I'm pretty agreeable to any cuisine. I'll go with the flow.

So how many people do you think we'll have? And would one of you UK people (Andrea?) be able to call, since it seems some of these places don't take online bookings?

59 minutes ago, Hero said:

2 week weather forecast looks good. Sunshine, partly cloudy but no rain. Approx 25°c daytime, 16°c evening/night. Moderate breeze with some strong gusts. 

Fingers crossed it stays that way! :crossed:

Oh yes, please!

:partytime:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

So how many people do you think we'll have? And would one of you UK people (Andrea?) be able to call, since it seems some of these places don't take online bookings?

Sure, I can call them. Just need to know how many, and where! 

Is it worth doing a shout out on the MFC insta and twitter, asking people to confirm? 

• Like 1

Hi! Back home from Bordeaux and I am reading this thread now. Of course I will be happy to join you at the restaurant👌

I also have some food intolerance but I always find something to eat in the menu:wink2:

Edited by Chiara 83
  • Like 3

I'll definitely be in for dinner too, I may be able to help if needed let me know

Less than 2 weeks away now, getting excited 😁 

Who is trying to decide what to wear?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Hero said:

Other point, what time do we want to book for? 

I'd say, not too late... it'll probably take another hour til we all got our food. But ofc I'm aware that in other countries you don't eat dinner at 6pm, as I do. 😅 Maybe book for 7pm, so we can eat at 8 (which is 9 for the Europeans :teehee:)? Earlier is always fine with me... :wink2: What's the usual dinner time in the UK?

I wonder if it'd make sense to separate the evening into food earlier and drinks later (preferably with music), maybe even in 2 different places, so those who only can or want to join later can do that. :dunno_grin: Tho I guess they could just join us at the restaurant after dinner.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, frenchfan84 said:

Who is trying to decide what to wear?

I'll see what the weather forecast says closer to the date... anyway I'm travelling with cabin luggage, and for several days, so I can't take 5 outfit choices for the gig, as I normally might do.  🙈😅 I'm working on a necklace, and if I get that finished in time, I'll probably wear something to match it.

• Like 3

As far as how many, I'd say 15-20 sounds about right, based on feedback we've had here. Only 14 have RSVPed on the calendar, but I guess that some of those won't be there the night before, as they live locally. I've tweeted about it, but I have 13 names that I think are pretty sure so far. Who am I missing?

Deb
Andrea
Karin

Rose
Chiara

Deb (frenchfan84)
Prisca
Fanny
Mara
Nina

Ani

Camille

Anna

I agree with Karin about the time - I think 7pm for dinner sounds about right. If anyone is around they can always drop in to the restaurant early to have a drink, right?

As far as where, I think if you start calling 1-2 places to find availability, the "where" will sort of be decided for you. My vote goes for the Stable pizza place as it seems big enough, has a good menu, seems to be near the water, and PIZZA. But as I said before I'm flexible, so wherever we end up will be fine with me. Thanks!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hello everybody.

When Mika showed us his gigantic flowers I have an idea for a fan action with paper flowers.

I mean big flowers from crepe paper.

They are easy to do and some of fans could do them while queuing. Or prepare some more at home,

Here are tutorials as an example. Maybe we would add a paper tube as a stalk to raise them up. If not we can use just a strip of stronger paper or a ribbon attached on the back to better handel them while up in the air (like we had for the eyes for Yo-Yo song).

The flowers are very light and even if I take only a cabin luggage I am sure I would put it into my backpack as flat pieces to assemble later.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

As far as how many, I'd say 15-20 sounds about right, based on feedback we've had here. Only 14 have RSVPed on the calendar, but I guess that some of those won't be there the night before, as they live locally. I've tweeted about it, but I have 13 names that I think are pretty sure so far. Who am I missing?

Deb
Andrea
Karin

Rose
Chiara

Deb (frenchfan84)
Prisca
Fanny
Mara
Nina

Ani

Camille

Anna

I agree with Karin about the time - I think 7pm for dinner sounds about right. If anyone is around they can always drop in to the restaurant early to have a drink, right?

As far as where, I think if you start calling 1-2 places to find availability, the "where" will sort of be decided for you. My vote goes for the Stable pizza place as it seems big enough, has a good menu, seems to be near the water, and PIZZA. But as I said before I'm flexible, so wherever we end up will be fine with me. Thanks!

I am out as I am arriving the day of the concert.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hello everybody.

When Mika showed us his gigantic flowers I have an idea for a fan action with paper flowers.

I mean big flowers from crepe paper.

They are easy to do and some of fans could do them while queuing. Or prepare some more at home,

Here are tutorials as an example. Maybe we would add a paper tube as a stalk to raise them up. If not we can use just a strip of stronger paper or a ribbon attached on the back to better handel them while up in the air (like we had for the eyes for Yo-Yo song).

The flowers are very light and even if I take only a cabin luggage I am sure I would put it into my backpack as flat pieces to assemble later.

I think the flowers are a great idea, Anna, but you know how crafty (NOT) I am.

I'm willing to buy crepe paper and help however I can, though. I just have very little time between now and Monday, the 19th, which is when I leave for London.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I think the flowers are a great idea, Anna, but you know how crafty (NOT) I am.

I'm willing to buy crepe paper and help however I can, though. I just have very little time between now and Monday, the 19th, which is when I leave for London.

Don't worry. I know we have some crafty fans. I will try to make one or two flowers now as I still have a stock of crepe paper after Strasbourg fan action.

I think that even if we have 10-20 flowers only Mika will see them even from a far :wink2: But if we can make more, the more the better :lol3:  

I have as well an idea for an aster flower which looks rather like a pom-pom made only from strips tied in the middle. I will check the result.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

En ce qui concerne le nombre, je dirais que 15 à 20 sons à peu près corrects, d'après les commentaires que nous avons eus ici. Seuls 14 ont répondu sur le calendrier, mais je suppose que certains d'entre eux ne seront pas là la veille, car ils vivent localement. J'ai tweeté à ce sujet, mais j'ai 13 noms dont je pense qu'ils sont assez sûrs jusqu'à présent. Qui me manque-t-il ?

Deb
Andrea
Karin

Rose
Chiara

Deb (frenchfan84)
Prisca
Fanny
Mara
Nina

Ani

Camille

Anne

Je suis d'accord avec Karin à propos de l'heure - je pense que 19 heures pour le dîner semble à peu près juste. Si quelqu'un est dans le coin, il peut toujours passer au restaurant tôt pour prendre un verre, n'est-ce pas ?

En ce qui concerne où, je pense que si vous commencez à appeler 1 ou 2 endroits pour trouver la disponibilité, le "où" sera en quelque sorte décidé pour vous. Mon vote va pour la pizzeria Stable car elle semble assez grande, propose un bon menu, semble être près de l'eau et PIZZA. Mais comme je l'ai déjà dit, je suis flexible, donc où que nous nous retrouvions, ça me va. Merci!

Hello,

I'm in ! 👋

You can count on me and Romy  for the restaurant. 

We'll be in Bristol alternative IOW

• Like 2

I will arrive in Bristol in the afternoon (I think towards 5 pm) so to me 7 pm is totally fine for the dinner. 

I had a look into the Stable pizza menu and there are also alternatives to pizza which I never eat because it gives me problems. And the place looks nice!

• Like 3

@Anna Ko Kolkowska I love those crepe paper flowers ideas ! It would be such a pretty thing from the stage, a sea of flowers 💐 😍 i would love to have a whole rainbow of colours 😍 ❤ 

There are decently easy to pre-prep for as well, I don't expect they will allow scissors and string once we get inside, i shall give it a go this week !

On a live chat a couple of weeks ago I expressed having an idea 💡 I don't know if it is doable so I welcome any opinions 😉  I would like to have a small spiney wheel with song suggestions that we can collect beforehand or even in the queue on the day or at dinner the night before. I would do a sign to 'ask if he wants to play the game of suggestions ' not sure how to phrase it yet, Im still thinking about it. Anyway the wheel itself would not be huge maybe about 25cm in diameter (about 10 inches) but I don't want to make it and not be allowed it in. 

There is my brain dump, let me know what you think ! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frenchfan84 said:

@Anna Ko Kolkowska I love those crepe paper flowers ideas ! It would be such a pretty thing from the stage, a sea of flowers 💐 😍 i would love to have a whole rainbow of colours 😍 ❤ 

There are decently easy to pre-prep for as well, I don't expect they will allow scissors and string once we get inside, i shall give it a go this week !

On a live chat a couple of weeks ago I expressed having an idea 💡 I don't know if it is doable so I welcome any opinions 😉  I would like to have a small spiney wheel with song suggestions that we can collect beforehand or even in the queue on the day or at dinner the night before. I would do a sign to 'ask if he wants to play the game of suggestions ' not sure how to phrase it yet, Im still thinking about it. Anyway the wheel itself would not be huge maybe about 25cm in diameter (about 10 inches) but I don't want to make it and not be allowed it in. 

There is my brain dump, let me know what you think ! 

Hahaha, that could be cute! Like song roulette. You could have an arrow sign pointing to it saying 'Free Spin!' 😄

• Like 1