2023 - Mika @ Bristol Sounds Festival, UK, 21 June

Kumazzz

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Well, I've just bought my plane tickets, and I've got my festival ticket sorted, so I guess it's official! I will see you all in Bristol! Who else will be there? I only see 8 others on our RSVP list, surely there will be more than that?

Anyhow, can't wait! I thought I might go Mika-less this year, so this is going to be a nice treat!

Woohoo!! 🥳 When do you arrive Deb?

Fanny will be there too, and I think Rose, Chiara and Nina are also going. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hero said:

Woohoo!! 🥳 When do you arrive Deb?

Fanny will be there too, and I think Rose, Chiara and Nina are also going. 

I get into London quite late Monday evening, so I'll get to Bristol on Tuesday the 20th. Hopefully in time for dinner!  :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Well, I've just bought my plane tickets, and I've got my festival ticket sorted, so I guess it's official! I will see you all in Bristol! Who else will be there? I only see 8 others on our RSVP list, surely there will be more than that?

Anyhow, can't wait! I thought I might go Mika-less this year, so this is going to be a nice treat!

Very happy that you can make it to a Mika gig this year, especially because you thought it wasn't possible. :original:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I get into London quite late Monday evening, so I'll get to Bristol on Tuesday the 20th. Hopefully in time for dinner!  :)

Great! I think most people are arriving on 20th, it'd be nice to all meet up for dinner. 

• Like 3

Flights booked, ticket bought. :biggrin2: I'll also be arriving on the 20th, so I'm happy to join dinner or whatever meetup you're planning. :)

I'll also be going to the Isle of Wight Festival and was thinking to spend a day in London on the 19th and visit ABBA Voyage. Would anyone like to join me there?

• Like 4

Would love to join you for dinner somewhere, anyone has suggestions?

Calum Scott? Good grief. He was a stand out performance from Britain's Got Talent in 2015, got Cowell's golden buzzer. And is from Hull. That's pretty much all I know about him! 

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsoA6SrMpce/

bristolsounds

Are you as excited as @mikainstagram that @calumscott is joining his Bristol Sounds show next month? Because we are! 🎉🙌 🍭Tickets are running low so get them while you can 🎫

• Like 3

this is coming round so fast and i can’t wait!! i just have a question:

what time are people getting there to queue? or what is a good time to queue to be near the front? 

ive always been a bit far back for the shows i have been to and would love to experience it from near the front (if i manage to get the day off work🤞🏻)

34 minutes ago, jord1012 said:

what time are people getting there to queue? or what is a good time to queue to be near the front? 

ive always been a bit far back for the shows i have been to and would love to experience it from near the front (if i manage to get the day off work🤞🏻)

If you want to be in front, go there in the morning, as early as possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jord1012 said:

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

It's not London, and besides, it's a question of how you define "far back" and "near the front". Yeah, for frontrow (near) center you probably have to come in the early morning. If 2nd or 3rd row are ok for you as well, a few hours before the doors open should be enough. The first fans will probably arrive in the middle of the night, but most people who go to a concert don't queue for more than 1-2 hours, so it's a bit pointless to queue all day if you just want to avoid being in the back. :dunno_grin: It's even a workday, right?

45 minutes ago, Hero said:

Has anyone seen any guidance or rules about what we can/can't take? Thinking about bag size, bottled water, banners etc. 

From 2019: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/bristol-sounds-lineup-times-tickets-2992342 ... anyway, from my experience working as a concert security, these things get decided on the day of the event, depending on the crowd they expect. So for a Heavy Metal band or a rapper you'd have different rules than for a pop or jazz artist. Or for people who queue all day in the heat, they might allow bigger water bottles, when usually they don't. However, ofc the venue might have their own rules as well, and I don't know if they're as flexible in Bristol as they are here in Munich. It's weird that Bristol Sounds has no official website. Maybe it'd make sense to ask them on Instagram?

• Thanks 2

On 5/29/2023 at 2:11 PM, Prisca said:

I understand that there have been about 4500 tickets sold for this concert, if that helps make your decision about when to queue any clearer. :)

On 5/29/2023 at 4:22 PM, mellody said:

It's not London, and besides, it's a question of how you define "far back" and "near the front". Yeah, for frontrow (near) center you probably have to come in the early morning. If 2nd or 3rd row are ok for you as well, a few hours before the doors open should be enough. The first fans will probably arrive in the middle of the night, but most people who go to a concert don't queue for more than 1-2 hours, so it's a bit pointless to queue all day if you just want to avoid being in the back. :dunno_grin: It's even a workday, right?

Do we know yet when the doors open? Show time is listed as 18.30, so just an hour before? Or more? I'll see if I can find out if no one here knows yet.

Also, is anyone traveling from London to Bristol on the Tuesday before? If so, is anyone going by train?

And finally... what about dinner Tuesday night? Has anyone had a look at places to eat? It looks like there's everything from Michelin-starred restaurants to curry houses to pizza take-away, and everything else you can think of. I'm open to almost anything, eating by the water would be nice if the weather cooperates... I guess if there are a lot of us we might to book ahead, otherwise I suppose we could just drop in to wherever...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I understand that there have been about 4500 tickets sold for this concert, if that helps make your decision about when to queue any clearer. :)

Do we know yet when the doors open? Show time is listed as 18.30, so just an hour before? Or more? I'll see if I can find out if no one here knows yet.

Also, is anyone traveling from London to Bristol on the Tuesday before? If so, is anyone going by train?

And finally... what about dinner Tuesday night? Has anyone had a look at places to eat? It looks like there's everything from Michelin-starred restaurants to curry houses to pizza take-away, and everything else you can think of. I'm open to almost anything, eating by the water would be nice if the weather cooperates... I guess if there are a lot of us we might to book ahead, otherwise I suppose we could just drop in to wherever...

I would like to have dinner with MFC in Bristol on Tuesday. :yes:

I'm taking the bus from London to Bristol on Tuesday.

• Like 2

OK, some additional details.

Doors open at 18.30 -- set times will be announced the week of the festival.

Curfew -- which I guess means Mika has to be done and we all have to be out of there -- is 11pm.

As far as what we can bring in with us, etc., an official FAQ page is coming out soon that should answer any other questions we may have, but one thing for sure: professional camera equipment will not be allowed.

As for dinner on Tuesday -- I'm looking at restaurants in the area and will throw out a few that have caught my eye. If anyone else has thoughts, please share!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've been looking at restaurants too, there's some really nice looking ones. Trouble is there's always that odd bad review that makes you think twice. :doh:

Wherever we eat, it needs to offer veggie and gluten free. I found one that does lactose free, I don't know if that's needed for someone? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hero said:

I've been looking at restaurants too, there's some really nice looking ones. Trouble is there's always that odd bad review that makes you think twice. :doh:

Wherever we eat, it needs to offer veggie and gluten free. I found one that does lactose free, I don't know if that's needed for someone? 

Gluten and lactose free for Nina, I think. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mellody said:

Gluten and lactose free for Nina, I think. ;)

Ah, I knew gluten-free, didn't realize lactose-free as well.

Well, I was looking at this place, very close to the venue:

https://www.iguanas.co.uk/restaurants/bristol/harbourside

Menu looks very vegan and gluten-free friendly and because it's tapas, you can get as much or as little as you want. And they look big enough to accommodate a group of possibly 20 or so of us? (Some of the pubs and other places are so teeny-tiny we definitely wouldn't all fit!)

There's also this place, on the water, near the venue as well:

https://stablepizza.com/bristol/

Menu mentions gluten-free pizza dough, and veggie options:

https://stablepizza.com/bristol/food/

This place also looks like it caters to vegetarian and gluten-free:
https://caribbeancroft.co.uk/

Finally this place about 10-15 minute walk from the venue:
https://www.thebotanistbristol.co.uk/menus#/

Menu ranges from pizza to small plates to steak, plus has a separate vegan menu, so something for everyone?

Anyhow, those are the places that appealed to me on first look. Some don't take online bookings so require a phone call, especially if we're going to have a larger group. It's a Tuesday night, so I don't expect that we'll have trouble finding an open place, but it is under TWO WEEKS away now! :excite:so we probably should book soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3