2023 - Mika @ Bristol Sounds Festival, UK, 21 June

Kumazzz

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

I know you're working on Monday, but could you get a late flight after work? 

Really hope you can be there! :hug::pray:

Yes, this is another option, I am checking as well. Thank you Andrea:wink2:

• Like 2

@Lorlore Oh no, I really hope you can sort something out...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, kath said:

Hi everyone 👋. Delighted to see so many names that I know! 
I still have a spare ticket available if anyone needs one. 
I am travelling alone and don’t get into Bristol until mid afternoon on Wednesday. I’ll dump my bag and head to the venue. But my running days are over- sometimes even walking is a challenge- so I’m not expecting a brilliant position. But it will be great to be there. 😀

:wootjump:  Kath is coming! I wasn't sure! Happy to be seeing you soon!

3 hours ago, Chiara 83 said:

Worst news I could ever receive.

If you don't see me in Bristol you know why. 

:crybaby:

I hope it all works out for all of the Italian fans! These strikes are so frequent anymore!

• Like 6

I can't manage to see anyone's flowers on here so I don't know if you will see these or not, i have attempted my first tissue paper flowers !

The smaller ones i will make but not fluff and the big one will stay out clipped on me most likely, i think i can get about 10 to 20 small single couloured ones ready and prepped, maybe another big rainbow 🌈 one if i can, is that decent enough? They have a string handle as i think you have @Anna Ko Kolkowska

Let me know if you like them and I'll prep them tomorrow 🥰

20230617_194902.jpg

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

:wootjump:  Kath is coming! I wasn't sure! Happy to be seeing you soon!

:crybaby:

I hope it all works out for all of the Italian fans! These strikes are so frequent anymore!

I will try my best to be there @dcdeb

I promise. I am already looking for flights on 19th with arrival in Bristol on 20th morning. I don't want to miss our dinner. This trip is so important to me🙏🏼

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, frenchfan84 said:

I can't manage to see anyone's flowers on here so I don't know if you will see these or not, i have attempted my first tissue paper flowers !

The smaller ones i will make but not fluff and the big one will stay out clipped on me most likely, i think i can get about 10 to 20 small single couloured ones ready and prepped, maybe another big rainbow 🌈 one if i can, is that decent enough? They have a string handle as i think you have @Anna Ko Kolkowska

Let me know if you like them and I'll prep them tomorrow 🥰

20230617_194902.jpg

Thank you for the photos:thumb_yello: You don't find the anybody's flowers here because for the moment nobody posted anything (except me).

I propose to prepare only the big ones as the general idea is to make big flowers. (mine have about 45 cm in diameter) .

You can bring them not fluffed. Only pre-cut.

We will finish them in the queue. I like that you made the rainbow versions. It will look very well :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

I would love to only make big ones but it takes so much paper 😅 I thought I would make a few smaller ones to give away and make it a flood of flowers 💐 

I will make big ones but that means i can only do 4 or 5

• Like 3

I have some tissue paper, scissors and coloured raffia string to bring. Enough for a few people to get crafting. :thumb_yello:

I was struggling to find large sizes of paper, but then I found some large paper "tablecloths" that can be cut up to make several each. They were on special offer too, so I grabbed them. :biggrin2: Along with some smaller sizes in various colours. I've also got about 14 scissors. 

• Like 3

I unfortunately couldn’t find the right paper, and I’ve already arrived in Bristol today. I will look for some on Tuesday, and hopefully can get some done :)

(What I did find at my local art supply store were little plastic lollipops that I turned into earrings and a bracelet though, can‘t wait to wear them out 🍭)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Chiara 83 said:

I will try my best to be there @dcdeb

I promise. I am already looking for flights on 19th with arrival in Bristol on 20th morning. I don't want to miss our dinner. This trip is so important to me🙏🏼

Update: since this italian strike seems to be quite extended, my original flight will be easily cancelled. So I just booked two new flights MPX-CDG on the 19th (evening, because I have to work during the day) and CDG-BRI on the 20th morning. 200 EUROS guys :blink:

But I will be able to attend the dinner and the concert of course. I couldn't miss this chance❤

See you in Bristol !

Edited by Chiara 83
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, frenchfan84 said:

I would love to only make big ones but it takes so much paper 😅 I thought I would make a few smaller ones to give away and make it a flood of flowers 💐 

I will make big ones but that means i can only do 4 or 5

It is already very good if you make 4 or 5.

But as well you can make two colour flowers (instead of rainbow colours) and it needs only 1 and a half roll of crepe paper. Anyway we will have paper brought by other fans (I hope) and we would be able to improvise with colours. 

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Hero said:

I have some tissue paper, scissors and coloured raffia string to bring. Enough for a few people to get crafting. :thumb_yello:

I was struggling to find large sizes of paper, but then I found some large paper "tablecloths" that can be cut up to make several each. They were on special offer too, so I grabbed them. :biggrin2: Along with some smaller sizes in various colours. I've also got about 14 scissors. 

:lol3: well well, looks like you robbed a craft store :lol3:

For sure we will use all this raw material:thumb_yello:

Thank you very much Andrea :clap:

• Like 2

Hello! Over the past few weeks I've been organising and making a box for Mika. It's made from oak and is put together using cross halving joints, with a sliding lid. The idea behind it is to fill it with letters from the MFC and give it to Mika at the meet and greet. Also, for those who may not be able to make it due to flight cancellations, if you either create a hand written letter and send me a photo or create an online one, send it over to me on my email and I will happily print it off for you. The box isn't huge so I would prefer if people kept their letters to 1 sheet of paper (sorry for any inconvenience). Also, people making paper flowers, I was thinking we could include a little one as well? For space reasons, I'm afraid that I'd rather people didn't include art work as well (everything will have to be folded up) but small drawings on the letters will be fine! If you have any questions and/or are interested please let me know! There is plenty of space inside so hopefully those who would like to add a letter should be able too! (I'll attach some photos of the box with this, we're planning on giving it to him with the blue side up!) 

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-18 at 16.32.58 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-18 at 16.32.58.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-18 at 16.40.34.jpeg

Edited by goose
  • Like 9

So I'm very late checking this thread but I'll be coming too!🥰🥰

(Also are there any spaces left for the meal on Tuesday? I won't know until tonight if I can definitely come so no worries if not! And it would only be me as my friend who is coming Wednesday is busy Tuesday)

Oh and the meet and great would be fab if it does happen! And the flowers look amazing! I'll see if I can find some time to make some!!

It will be so lovely to see you all there!!🥰🥰

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

So I'm very late checking this thread but I'll be coming too!🥰🥰

(Also are there any spaces left for the meal on Tuesday? I won't know until tonight if I can definitely come so no worries if not! And it would only be me as my friend who is coming Wednesday is busy Tuesday)

Oh and the meet and great would be fab if it does happen! And the flowers look amazing! I'll see if I can find some time to make some!!

It will be so lovely to see you all there!!🥰🥰

Great! Yes there's space for you at the meal. 🤗 Just let me know your order (including dessert, if you want one), as I have to let them know tonight. 

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Great! Yes there's space for you at the meal. 🤗 Just let me know your order (including dessert, if you want one), as I have to let them know tonight. 

Fab thank you!! Could you put me down for a margherita please! Thanks🥰

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kath said:

Is it Tuesday or Wednesday that you are meeting for dinner? I can’t quite work it out - without reading the whole thread. X 

Hi @kath

Dinner is on Tuesday, 7pm at The Bristol Stable. We have a couple of spaces left, would you like to join us?

I've sent the food pre-order, but let me know what you'd like and I'll see if they can add it. Otherwise you can order on the day, you just might be waiting a little longer. Menu here: TheStable_Food-Menu_Bristol_230612_154956.pdf

Thanks.

Edited by Hero
Tag