2023 - Mika @ Bristol Sounds Festival, UK, 21 June

Kumazzz

Alright, guys, I just went to the venue and ask the security about queuing. This is the exact Google Maps location for where the queue is going to happen: https://maps.app.goo.gl/2hMcZD238Mn1N1sH9?g_st=ic (cf. attached photo).

I also asked them about the no flag policy, and apparently, it‘s solely related to the size and the fact that large flags might have poles, that obviously would be a safety hazard. The security guard said anything A3 or smaller is fine, bigger ones, like Pride flags that you can wrap yourself in aren’t allowed.

They seemed very nice though, so I think we‘re gonna be alright tomorrow. I‘m so excited 🥳

IMG_8695.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 6/17/2023 at 6:15 AM, kath said:

Hi everyone 👋. Delighted to see so many names that I know! 
I still have a spare ticket available if anyone needs one. 
I am travelling alone and don’t get into Bristol until mid afternoon on Wednesday. I’ll dump my bag and head to the venue. But my running days are over- sometimes even walking is a challenge- so I’m not expecting a brilliant position. But it will be great to be there. 😀

It’ll be great to see you Kath! I’ve made a last minute decision too - based on some time off work, which I never expected at this time of the year. Getting there in the afternoon too. It’ll be great!🤩

• Like 6

On 6/12/2023 at 5:53 PM, goose said:

Hi, I went to check out the venue today before my exam, it's actually a lot smaller than it looks online! If any of you are driving, there's a carpark opposite called Millennium Square but if that's super busy then there's a great carpark about 8 minutes away called Trenchard Street (however, make sure to park on the lower levels as the steps in Bristol are killer). The venue itself is located in a really nice spot near the museum, it's pretty much restaurant central and in a safe area. I shall attach the photos I took, unfortunately they were clearing some marquees so the photos aren't great. For VIP tickets, I believe they set up some barriers at the front so you have a separate area. My name's Elizabeth by the way (Goose is my dog).

20230612_103857.jpg

20230612_103317.jpg

20230612_103803.jpg

20230612_103511.jpg

IMG_20230612_174348_349.jpg

There is another car park, Bristol Harbourside, right beside the Millennium car park, just past the entrance, slightly cheaper too.

• Like 2

So I don't think I will be able to make the dinner tonight unfortunately😭😭 I'm half way here but my sister just called me to say her car has broken down so I need to go rescue her and by the time I get back it will probably be too late to set off again😭 

@Hero If they need me to pay for my food bc of the reservation just give me a message and I'll send you the money!

Hopefully I'll get to see you all tomorrow at some point!!🤞🤞

• Sad 3

Hi all, 

Just popping in to say Have a Fantastic time tomorrow! Send Mika my love, dance & sing your hearts out, & I will catch up with you all sometime in the future (still don't know what I am doing about Chalons En Champagne). I am so looking forward to the photos!!  VERY inconsiderate of my daughter to have her Graduation this week :lmfao:xxx

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kath said:

Is anyone staying at The Ibis? 

3 hours ago, mellody said:

We're at the Ibis. :) Looking forward to seeing you too!

The Bristol Centre one? We're staying there too. Just tomorrow night but we'll have a nice little group to walk back with after! 

Hope everyone's had a lovely time at the meal! Shame I couldn't make it but I'm only an hour on the train from Bristol so made sense to just come tomorrow afternoon. I'll be bringing my boyfriend Alex who I've managed to indoctrinate into thinking he genuinely wanted to come :lmfao:Nah he really made an effort to listen to the playlist I gave him, took him to Cheltenham and he sang his heart out and came away saying Mika was hands down the best performer he'd ever seen live. :cheer:

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, luvin mika 4eva said:

The Bristol Centre one? We're staying there too. Just tomorrow night but we'll have a nice little group to walk back with after! 

Hope everyone's had a lovely time at the meal! Shame I couldn't make it but I'm only an hour on the train from Bristol so made sense to just come tomorrow afternoon. I'll be bringing my boyfriend Alex who I've managed to indoctrinate into thinking he genuinely wanted to come :lmfao:Nah he really made an effort to listen to the playlist I gave him, took him to Cheltenham and he sang his heart out and came away saying Mika was hands down the best performer he'd ever seen live. :cheer:

That happened with my friend! She went to the concert in Cheltenham with me and as soon as we left she was hooked. She's coming with me and my sister to the concert tomorrow, we're so excited!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Pipster2102 said:

That happened with my friend! She went to the concert in Cheltenham with me and as soon as we left she was hooked. She's coming with me and my sister to the concert tomorrow, we're so excited!

Brilliant! I spent a few years dragging friends hoping that they would enjoy themselves as much as I did but it never worked out and I was so nervous in Cheltenham that it would be the same again but he loved it. 

• Like 2

Hi! Super late to this one but I can't wait for tomorrow!! Travelling up from the South coast with friends and won't be there until early afternoon so just wondering - what time were people thinking of arriving / joining the queue? 
Thanks!! :) <3 

Hi all! New to the site but old fan (in years and age!) I’ll be flying from Dublin with my 18 year old tomorrow! So excited!! We were in Paris Bercy pre-Covid (Paper airplanes were AWESOME! ) and have been so eager to see him back on stage. Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and thanks for all you all do :) keeping fingers crossed for no rain so all your flowers stay bright. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sarinaa said:

Alright, guys, I just went to the venue and ask the security about queuing. This is the exact Google Maps location for where the queue is going to happen: https://maps.app.goo.gl/2hMcZD238Mn1N1sH9?g_st=ic (cf. attached photo).

I also asked them about the no flag policy, and apparently, it‘s solely related to the size and the fact that large flags might have poles, that obviously would be a safety hazard. The security guard said anything A3 or smaller is fine, bigger ones, like Pride flags that you can wrap yourself in aren’t allowed.

They seemed very nice though, so I think we‘re gonna be alright tomorrow. I‘m so excited 🥳

IMG_8695.jpeg

Thanks! Guessing a different queue for VIP area? 

heya guys, new to this page, lifelong fan tho, i can't wait for the gig tonight! so exited, hopefully getting there for about 4ish, think that'll be early enough to get a place up front? xx

• Like 4

Hi :) i wasn't sure where to ask this question, sorry if it's off topic.

I've seen videos of the meet&greet after the Bristol show. I was wondering how these events are organised, where did you get notified before? Or who can join you? Was it a rare occasion or will there be more m&gs during the summer tour?

17 minutes ago, Viktoria Barbara said:

Hi :) i wasn't sure where to ask this question, sorry if it's off topic.

I've seen videos of the meet&greet after the Bristol show. I was wondering how these events are organised, where did you get notified before? Or who can join you? Was it a rare occasion or will there be more m&gs during the summer tour?

We can never guarantee that there will be a Meet & Greet, it depends on the circumstances of the gig and how Mika is feeling.  What we always suggest that you do is let us know you are attending a gig (RSVP to the gig in the event calendar), so that if it is possible there will be a M&G, your name will be on the list of MFC members.

For this gig, @dcdeb posted instructions on what to do.

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/36467-2023-mika-bristol-sounds-festival-uk-21-june/page/7/#elControls_4279124_menu

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1