2023 - Mika @ Bristol Sounds Festival, UK, 21 June REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Kumazzz

:uk:

Three weeks ago MIKA uploaded a clip from Osaka, Japan.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsoA6SrMpce/

MFC Twitter

https://twitter.com/MikaFanClub/status/1661587753195421697

SETLIST by @mellody

1. Lollipop
  2. Origin Of Love 
  3. Big Girl 
  4. Tiny Love
  5. Relax
  6. Ice Cream
  7. Popular Song
  8. Blame It On The Girls
  9. Billy Brown
  10. Yoyo
  11. Underwater
  12. Rain
  13. Happy Ending
  14. Last Party
  15. Grace Kelly
  16. We Are Golden
  17. Love Today
Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 2

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtwiYsdMdJe/

bristolsounds

YOU’VE DONE IT! MIKA IS SOLD OUT🍭

The atmosphere in the queue is electric, we’re beyond excited to bring the energy for this in a few hours🕺🏻Thank you all for making this possible 🫶

bristolsounds_355145276_650518879933749_4692395268974618151_n.thumb.jpg.1da11e782785d0d552ee11f32972935a.jpg

mikainstagram story

Snapinsta.app_355107130_655445072673060_7495232390138538777_n_1125.thumb.jpg.fc165961bb3ce230e74c4b71fd5b6361.jpg

Twitter

mikasounds

Bristol we are sold out!!
I cannot believe it!  See you shortly for what promises to be a very special show @Bristol_Sounds @calumscott

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 3

Greatest Hits Radio

https://planetradio.co.uk/greatest-hits/bristol/news/bristol-sounds-to-begin/

Published 20th Jun 2023

Concert series Bristol Sounds set to begin

Move over Glastonbury, live music is coming to Bristol

Annual West Country concert series Bristol Sounds will begin on the city's Harbourside on Wednesday (21 June).

The event, which sees musicians play across several nights in the Lloyds Amphitheatre is back for its eighth year, with Mika set to headline day one.

Other acts set to perform include Jacob Collier on Thursday, the band James on Friday and the Levellers on Saturday, with Self Esteem set to round things off on Sunday.

We've met up with promoter Conal Dodds to talk about this year's edition and asked him what he likes in particular about the event.

He said: "Well I live here for one, I've lived in Bristol for 28 years.

"This is the eighth year we've done this event, we have it this week deliberately.

"We know it's the week of Glastonbury, lots of artists use our event as a warm up.

"We probably pay better than Glastonbury does, so it's a good stopping point for acts before they go down to Pilton."

Bristol Sounds has a capacity of about 5,000, with several of the nights including James on Friday already sold out.

"It's a great event for the city," Conal said.

"It's totally unique site, there's not another site like this in the UK that's got the backdrop of a harbour.

"Inevitably we'll see your man bringing the Matthew past as a bit of a sail past...There's not another event I can think of that's ever going to have a tall ship sailing by or occasionally a steam train that's running up and down across the way, so it's great to be able to do these kinds of events bang in the city centre."

Conal called securing Mika a "coup", saying the singer has only performed in the UK around 15 times in the last five years.

He says people are due to come from around the world to see him and others perform.

"We've got a lot of international people coming for Mika especially and for Jacob Collier," he said.

"Mika's got a fan club stretching far and wide so, I think we're going to have a lot of new visitors to the city and I hope that Bristol outside of our event sees the benefit of that.

"We were asked specifically, 'how can we get some flowers to Mika?'"

"The President of his American fan club is coming personally."

They mentioned @dcdeb in this interview. :teehee:

• Like 10

What a great gig! I'm on the coach to the airport, so just quickly wanted to say a few things.

The setlist had a few extras that we don't normally get. Blame it on the Girls, Billy Brown, Rain and Last Party. Also Popular Song, but he often does that at UK gigs. He went in the crowd for Big Girl, gave the big flowers to me and to Phoebe's friend for Ice Cream and Popular Song, went to stand on the barrier another time (don't remember now which song) and then went in the crowd again during Love Today, with his tiger head on! :lol:

As a few people asked me whether the flowers are heavy - it depends on where you hold them. If you hold them at the bottom, yes, they are. I held it with both hands in the middle, and I didn't find it too heavy. Also I used the barrier as support. The only downside was that I couldn't use my hands for clapping or filming. :teehee:

The first few songs were Lollipop, Origin and Big Girl, the last few were GK, Golden and Love Today... not sure if Last Party was before or after GK... I'll have to check my videos, can't listen now because I forgot to bring my headphones.

Mika forgot the lyrics for Last Party, that was a funny moment, when he sang something about forgetting the text instead. :lol3:

The flowers of the piano came up for Tiny Love, but the "may your head always bloom" sign showed for a second and then fell back into the piano. Guess they'll need to fix that.

The crowd was loud and fun and knew lots of Mika's lyrics. Of course he loved that!

The M&G was fun, he said the show would be changing a lot in the next time. And that he's sometimes secretly watching the MFC lives. :lol3: I filmed nearly the whole thing, but will probably only have time on the weekend to upload it.

42 minutes ago, peroalessandra said:

Can someone please post the video of Billy Brown, in particular the intro when he talks about the story behind It ? Thanks a lot 💚

I should have it, but as I said, can only upload this weekend.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

43 minutes ago, peroalessandra said:

Can someone please post the video of Billy Brown, in particular the intro when he talks about the story behind It ? Thanks a lot 💚

• Like 3

Just about to get on the plane to go home. An absolutely fantastic gig. Lovely to see so many ‘old’ faces as Mika put it! And although the M and G was briefer then people were hoping it was lovely to have it. 
mad ever/ thank you so much to Deb for all your hard work. It was lovely to see you and have the chance to catch up. 
It was also great to meet some newer MFCers. 

I was very fortunate that Mika chose the step right in front of me to stand and sing- and to climb into the crowd during big girl. Thank you so much to Charlotte for sharing her videos - I would have been way too close. I hope she doesn’t mind me posting them on here. X 

316D0CA6-AD80-41B0-B848-1A9DC6065031.jpeg

63C6B009-0FDD-48AC-AB72-B450086BAEDB.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Fenny said:

Now I'm curious..what's the story behind Billy Brown?

We've heard different stories over the years, I think last night he told the one about his sister's bf who everyone figured out he was gay, except for Yasmine :teehee:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, krysady said:

We've heard different stories over the years, I think last night he told the one about his sister's bf who everyone figured out he was gay, except for Yasmine :teehee:

That, but specifically that he wrote it as a cautionary tale for himself

1 minute ago, krysady said:

Found this on Twitter, he did Tomorrow?

FzLXcvjXwAIFpzQ.jpeg

No, he had no time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Found this on Twitter, he did Tomorrow?

FzLXcvjXwAIFpzQ.jpeg

SETLIST

1. Lollipop