2023 - Mika @ Bristol Sounds Festival, UK, 21 June REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Kumazzz

6 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Thank you @Romy04 and @Mamy Ma for helping this artistically challenged person with flower-making.

Hello Deb

it was a pleasure to help you and @mellody and all other fans over there with flowers- making .

You and Karin really did it.

I appreciated that everyone, regardless of skill level embarked on the creation of their own flower .

It was a real moment of exchange and sharing between fans.

This creative morning was only the 1st part of an incredible day,

-by the original and facilitating access to the stage (many thanks to the Bristolsounds security guys !)

- by the incredible concert moment and the blooming audience .Mika ,despite of the restricted time (because of the curfew) did a great job !

-and finally,icing on the cake, by the Meet &Greet that you organized with Mika's team .

I don't have enough words to thank you .

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Can I quickly ask: Which songs were on Steel's sign? I only caught No 2 being platform ballerinas. And he looked so disgusted at No 1 😂

And I assume he never went back to the sign in the end?

Steel did tell us later, but I can't remember now... I'm pretty sure:

#1 was No Time Left to Leave (from the Zodi et Tehu soundtrack)

#2 was Platform Ballerinas

#3 was Stuck in the Middle

Anyone else remember for sure?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, that's what I remember too. I think Mika might have gone back to Stuck in the Middle, but there was no time. Strict curfew at 10:30, Mika already played until 10:35, and then they cut his microphone after the bows, so he shouted the last thank you. :lol:

@Kumazzz I checked the setlist, it's this:

SETLIST

1. Lollipop
  2. Origin Of Love 
  3. Big Girl 
  4. Tiny Love
  5. Relax
  6. Ice Cream
  7. Popular Song
  8. Blame It On The Girls
  9. Billy Brown
  10. Yoyo
  11. Underwater
  12. Rain
  13. Happy Ending
  14. Last Party
  15. Grace Kelly
  16. We Are Golden
  17. Love Today
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, that was on the sign.

• Like 1

Hi all - I've seen an instagram post, a video comprised of snapshots from the queue with everyone making flowers, but I can't find it now. Does anyone have it or know where I can find it please?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hero said:

Hi all - I've seen an instagram post, a video comprised of snapshots from the queue with everyone making flowers, but I can't find it now. Does anyone have it or know where I can find it please?

Bristol Sounds https://www.instagram.com/p/CtwTT2xLykF/

MFC https://www.instagram.com/p/Ct1fExbAo7E/

MFC https://www.instagram.com/p/Ctw43lYgrvp/

@Anna Ko Kolkowska https://www.instagram.com/p/Ct1o6Iat8Xp/

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

Before posting some pictures (I suprisingly got some good shots for once!) I just wanted to thank you all, I had an amazing time! I'm so sorry to those who asked me for bracelets but didn't get one, I didn't have any left but will make sure you get one next time we see each other!!

Was nice seeing some familiar faces and meeting new people as well!

Thank you Deb and the MFC team for the meeting with Mika!!

Thanks to everyone for being so nice while we were queueing, it felt like an arts and crafts summer camp!! <3

• Like 7

Lots of meet & greet photos from Mika's photographer -- several of the final group shot, because there was not one where everyone's eyes were open at the same time! If you're good at photoshop maybe you can take all the different versions and make one perfect one! LOL!  (Bonus points for anyone who can photoshop out my wrinkles and double chin !)

2023-06-21-mika-m&g-bristol-1.jpg

2023-06-21-mika-m&g-bristol-2.jpg

2023-06-21-mika-m&g-bristol-3.jpg

2023-06-21-mika-m&g-bristol-4.jpg

2023-06-21-mika-m&g-bristol-5.jpg

2023-06-21-mika-m&g-bristol-7.jpg

2023-06-21-mika-m&g-bristol-10.jpg

2023-06-21-mika-m&g-bristol-11.jpg

2023-06-21-mika-m&g-bristol-13.jpg

2023-06-21-mika-m&g-bristol-14.jpg

2023-06-21-mika-m&g-bristol-15.jpg

2023-06-21-mika-m&g-bristol-18.jpg

2023-06-21-mika-m&g-bristol-20.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

39 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Lots of meet & greet photos from Mika's photographer -- several of the final group shot, because there was not one where everyone's eyes were open at the same time! If you're good at photoshop maybe you can take all the different versions and make one perfect one! LOL!  (Bonus points for anyone who can photoshop out my wrinkles double chin !)

Thanks Deb! The photos are amazing, there's even one of him signing my dvd😯 (thanks to the two girls who helped me get that signed by the way!)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Lots of meet & greet photos from Mika's photographer -

Oh, thank you so much Deb :fangurl:

I was not expecting too much with the group photo as (as usual) I was in the back of the crowd so I am invisible, but...

I didn't even see the guy was on my left when I was giving Mika my gift! You made my day!

:cloud:

• Like 6

On 6/23/2023 at 7:41 PM, mellody said:

Not sure why I was able to upload this big video, maybe the admin / super moderator accounts don't have the upload limits - however, here it is, my uncut video of most of the M&G. :wink2:

Just found time to watch this now and my word Mika certainly can be hilarious! Thanks Karin for filming this!

I love videos likes this that really show Mika's personality and how down to earth he is. I hope he does more UK shows with more opportunities to meet him like this! :cloud:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Lots of meet & greet photos from Mika's photographer -- several of the final group shot, because there was not one where everyone's eyes were open at the same time! If you're good at photoshop maybe you can take all the different versions and make one perfect one! LOL!  (Bonus points for anyone who can photoshop out my wrinkles and double chin !)

Thank you Deb 

Amazing pictures❤

• Like 2

I was sent this video of the meet & greet by Cynthia which starts a little earlier than Karin's -- and you can actually see me (not that that is necessarily a good thing!). We need to stitch all of these bits and pieces together to get the whole thing. But I think Mika spent more than 15 minutes with us, which may have seemed short to some of you, but given that we were told we had *1* minute with him, I think it was amazing!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Aww such sweet photos! :wub2: Love it that some UK fans made it to the front in the group pic. :wub2: Unfortunately it was super chaotic - the plan was to take the pic in the back of the tent, where there was the most space, without chairs or tables. But Mika apparently didn't know the plan, and went to the front for the pic, ofc everyone following him. :doh: Ah well, but I'm happy for those fans who got nice photos with him. :wub2: I especially like the one with Ani! So nice @Anilado that you got a bday pic with Mika! 

And I gotta say, I love my new glitter jacket, even in photos. :biggrin2: Distracts a bit from me looking exhausted and tired. :lol3: I bought it at the Isle of Wight Festival, had wanted a sequined jacket for years, but never found a shop that sells them - even online it was hard to find something, and I don't particularly like buying clothes online, without trying them on. This one's exactly the colour I had in mind. The style is maybe a bit less elegant than I'd have wanted, but who cares, it glitters! :lol: :fangurl:

9 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I was sent this video of the meet & greet by Cynthia which starts a little earlier than Karin's -- and you can actually see me (not that that is necessarily a good thing!). We need to stitch all of these bits and pieces together to get the whole thing. But I think Mika spent more than 15 minutes with us, which may have seemed short to some of you, but given that we were told we had *1* minute with him, I think it was amazing!

Thanks! I had hoped someone had filmed the beginning! I'll watch it later.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Lots of meet & greet photos from Mika's photographer -- several of the final group shot, because there was not one where everyone's eyes were open at the same time! If you're good at photoshop maybe you can take all the different versions and make one perfect one! LOL!  (Bonus points for anyone who can photoshop out my wrinkles double chin !)

Thank you Deb! 

I was stood sideways as I was trying to get to the back so I didn't block anyone, I hadn't realised we were already doing it! :doh: Hence my 'over my shoulder' gurning. :naughty:

And sorry Cynthia, I had no idea you were behind me - I promise I wasn't turning my back on you! :no:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Wow! Great video! At last I can understand almost everything Mika is saying!!!!!

It's so sweet to watch his interaction with you @dcdeb !!!!

Thank you, Cynthia!!!!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mellody said:

Aww such sweet photos! :wub2: Love it that some UK fans made it to the front in the group pic. :wub2: Unfortunately it was super chaotic - the plan was to take the pic in the back of the tent, where there was the most space, without chairs or tables. But Mika apparently didn't know the plan, and went to the front for the pic, ofc everyone following him. :doh: Ah well, but I'm happy for those fans who got nice photos with him. :wub2: I especially like the one with Ani! So nice @Anilado that you got a bday pic with Mika! 

And I gotta say, I love my new glitter jacket, even in photos. :biggrin2: Distracts a bit from me looking exhausted and tired. :lol3: I bought it at the Isle of Wight Festival, had wanted a sequined jacket for years, but never found a shop that sells them - even online it was hard to find something, and I don't particularly like buying clothes online, without trying them on. This one's exactly the colour I had in mind. The style is maybe a bit less elegant than I'd have wanted, but who cares, it glitters! :lol: :fangurl:

Thanks! I had hoped someone had filmed the beginning! I'll watch it later.

I think Mika was walking to the front to get out of the way, so that everyone could head toward the back -- but of course it had the opposite effect and everyone crammed around him as usual. I tried to call everyone to the back of the tent, but to no avail. No one listens to a word I say when Mika is in the room!  :lol3:

17 minutes ago, Hero said:

Thank you Deb! 

I was stood sideways as I was trying to get to the back so I didn't block anyone, I hadn't realised we were already doing it! :doh: Hence my 'over my shoulder' gurning. :naughty:

And sorry Cynthia, I had no idea you were behind me - I promise I wasn't turning my back on you! :no:

You weren't the only one, Andrea. There were actually about 7-8 group shots, but there are people with eyes closed, tongues out, mouths wide open, other unflattering poses... I chose the best 3 out of the lot, but not one has everyone looking their best, or even in the shot, unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Awwww he’s holding your hand @dcdebas you’re walking in!! ❤️ that’s adorable!!

:blush: He was so sweet... until he started insulting me! Astonishingly awful lack of technical knowledge! Like watching Monty Python!? Why I oughta... :bonk:    

:roftl:

• Haha 11

7 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

:blush: He was so sweet... until he started insulting me! Astonishingly awful lack of technical knowledge! Like watching Monty Python!? Why I oughta... :bonk:    

:roftl:

He called it a complisult in Italian, but it was actually a full blown insult and nothing complimenting about it :lmfao:

I actually have to say that I watched it with a big smile on my face, he is both genuinely rude and polite :lol3:, but no question in his good and warm intention towards you, Deb ❤️ or towards everyone in that room that night. What a treat! Very happy for everyone that was there. Such moments are rare, but it makes them the more special and memorable. 

• Like 6

Complinsulto. :thumb_yello: It came up on his last season of X Factor Italy, one of the contestants teasingly used it to describe what Manuel had just (accurately) said about him, and the whole judges team loved it and fell about laughing. :lmfao: It was in regular use by them after that. :naughty:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Mika's complinsulto :lmfao:is his way to show his gratitute to you @dcdeb

I had the same impression at the Royal Festival Hall. He really feels grateful and he's aware of the huge work you do for our community❤But I also think he's thankful to all of us.:wink2:he really looked happy that night. 

Those moments are so precious💎

Thanks for posting videos and pictures 🙏🏼

• Like 5