2023 - Mika @ Bristol Sounds Festival, UK, 21 June REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Kumazzz

Thanks for sharing your video too @dcdeb! He is the sweetest man! 

And I was so focused on what he was saying that I've only just realised now that he's wearing baggy jeans! I don't think I've seen him in jeans that often before! 

Well I love the entire outfit and I want it! :biggrin2:

8 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Thanks for sharing your video too @dcdeb! He is the sweetest man! 

And I was so focused on what he was saying that I've only just realised now that he's wearing baggy jeans! I don't think I've seen him in jeans that often before! 

Well I love the entire outfit and I want it! :biggrin2:

Have you already forgotten the spiky cactus pants? 😆

4 minutes ago, Hero said:

Have you already forgotten the spiky cactus pants? 😆

Ah yes of course! Fashion before function 'tis the way of our Mika! :biggrin2:

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

He called it a complisult in Italian, but it was actually a full blown insult and nothing complimenting about it :lmfao:

I actually have to say that I watched it with a big smile on my face, he is both genuinely rude and polite :lol3:, but no question in his good and warm intention towards you, Deb ❤️ or towards everyone in that room that night. What a treat! Very happy for everyone that was there. Such moments are rare, but it makes them the more special and memorable. 

Yes, I remember complinsulto -- Mika's specialty! And I know it comes from a good place. At least I hope it does! :lol3:

31 minutes ago, Chiara 83 said:

Mika's complinsulto :lmfao:is his way to show his gratitute to you @dcdeb

I had the same impression at the Royal Festival Hall. He really feels grateful and he's aware of the huge work you do for our community❤But I also think he's thankful to all of us.:wink2:he really looked happy that night. 

Those moments are so precious💎

Thanks for posting videos and pictures 🙏🏼

Yes, Chiara -- I meant to say that. Mika is grateful to ALL of us, not just me! He knows the love and support that comes from Mika Fan Club members, and I'm certain that he treasures every bit of it! As I often say during the Instagram Lives, without all of you, there would be no point in me sitting there every week -- YOU ALL make up the fan club and I am happy to be able to do what I do because of YOU!

:group_hug:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, I remember complinsulto -- Mika's specialty! And I know it comes from a good place. At least I hope it does! :lol3:

Yes, Chiara -- I meant to say that. Mika is grateful to ALL of us, not just me! He knows the love and support that comes from Mika Fan Club members, and I'm certain that he treasures every bit of it! As I often say during the Instagram Lives, without all of you, there would be no point in me sitting there every week -- YOU ALL make up the fan club and I am happy to be able to do what I do because of YOU!

:group_hug:

We are a great team and I am proud to be part of it❤

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

He called it a complisult in Italian, but it was actually a full blown insult and nothing complimenting about it :lmfao:

I actually have to say that I watched it with a big smile on my face, he is both genuinely rude and polite :lol3:, but no question in his good and warm intention towards you, Deb ❤️ or towards everyone in that room that night. What a treat! Very happy for everyone that was there. Such moments are rare, but it makes them the more special and memorable. 

Here is a short overview of us I fillmed before Mika and you arrived. A bunch of m****rs of MFC ♥️ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I was sent this video of the meet & greet by Cynthia which starts a little earlier than Karin's -- and you can actually see me (not that that is necessarily a good thing!). We need to stitch all of these bits and pieces together to get the whole thing. But I think Mika spent more than 15 minutes with us, which may have seemed short to some of you, but given that we were told we had *1* minute with him, I think it was amazing!

"You never invite me! Bastards!" :lmao: I hadn't heard the "bastards" so far, but well, I guess us Germans can feel honoured for being called the same insult he calls Andy. :lmfao:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

"You never invite me! Bastards!" :lmao: I hadn't heard the "bastards" so far, but well, I guess us Germans can feel honoured for being called the same insult he calls Andy. :lmfao:

I also heard that :blink:

It's another Mika's complinsulto, let's say:lmfao:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Mi è stato inviato questo video del meet & greet di Cynthia che inizia un po' prima di quello di Karin -- e potete davvero vedermi (non che sia necessariamente una buona cosa!). Abbiamo bisogno di ricucire tutti questi pezzi insieme per ottenere il tutto. Ma penso che Mika abbia trascorso più di 15 minuti con noi, il che potrebbe essere sembrato breve per alcuni di voi, ma dato che ci è stato detto che avremmo avuto *1* minuto con lui, penso che sia stato fantastico!

Is it possible to have an Italian translation of this video? Thank you

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I think Mika was walking to the front to get out of the way, so that everyone could head toward the back -- but of course it had the opposite effect and everyone crammed around him as usual. I tried to call everyone to the back of the tent, but to no avail. No one listens to a word I say when Mika is in the room!  :lol3:

I was a good girl, I went to the back of the tent. :biggrin2:

• Like 3

Thank you all so much for sharing your impressions, reports, photos or videos :flowers2:

I'm sorry about the group pic, some of us were just trying to get out of our own table and Mika suddenly crouched down in the middle of us all..

Anyway, I knew Bristol would be special for me for personal reasons as soon as the gig was announced, but I never would have imagined this :wub2:

From the dinner to the peaceful waiting day to this incredible concert and finally the cherry on the cake with the M&G, I am so grateful!

Thanks MFC for making us live such special moments :blush:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Wait did Rose not dress up as a penguin?! Or did she at least have a penguin with her? 🐧 

I think she said that she was having trouble finding a penguin outfit, so no, the penguin did not return yet.

48 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Maybe that’s why he thought she was from Belgium, penguins only live in the UK 🐧 

Ha! If Mika doesn't know that Rose is from the UK after all this time, then there's no hope for any of us! :roftl:

I'm just happy he doesn't still think that I'm Canadian! :canada:

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Wait did Rose not dress up as a penguin?! Or did she at least have a penguin with her? 🐧 

She told me she'd ordered something online, but delivery was taking ages, so not ready just yet. Something to look forward to! :biggrin2:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Ha! If Mika doesn't know that Rose is from the UK after all this time, then there's no hope for any of us! :roftl:

I'm just happy he doesn't still think that I'm Canadian! :canada:

Well, Andy thinks I’m American and so far has always asked me if I have come all the way from the US to be at the show! I then have to disappoint him by saying that I pretty much came from around the corner: Europe :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

20 hours ago, Sara penny said:

Is it possible to have an Italian translation of this video? Thank you

If I have a chance today I'll transcribe it and then it should be easy to translate into Italian, French, etc.

19 hours ago, Prisca said:

I was a good girl, I went to the back of the tent. :biggrin2:

I appreciated that! :thumb_yello:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello! I'm planning on featuring the Mika box in my Gold Arts Award. One of the requirements is to get feedback so please may you fill out this form for me? Thank you to the people who've done it already from my Instagram story, I appreciate it! The Arts Award itself will take months but I shall share it once it's done! https://forms.gle/idWjgaKWvB2pLX2n8

• Like 2

• Kumazzz changed the title to 2023 - Mika @ Bristol Sounds Festival, UK, 21 June REPORTS / VIDS / PICS