2024 - Mika @ TEMPODROM, Berlin, GERMANY, 2 April - VENUE CHANGE!

mellody

On 3/17/2024 at 11:37 AM, Lexa said:

When do you think one should be there on Tuesday for queueing to be quite in the front of standing area?

For just being in the front area (and not necessarily frontrow) I *think* it should be enough to be there maybe 2-3 hours before the doors open. But I'm really unsure about this gig, as he hasn't been in Germany for so long and I don't know where people are coming from for this gig. I can tell you that at the first Berlin gig I saw of Mika, in autumn 2007, there was no queue at all an hour before the doors opened - I already thought I was in the wrong place! :lol3: While on the same tour in Munich and Frankfurt people have started queueing at 3 or 4pm. And in London it was already early morning queueing. So I would think that Germany is more relaxed with queueing than other places. Also in 2010 and 2012 it was just a few superfans queueing all day, it never was as bad here as in France or Italy - Germans are too impatient to queue for long. :naughty: Now we have 39 fans on the RSVP list here, which I suppose would be the first row and the center area of the 2nd row (tho probably not all of them want to queue for ages), and I don't know how many more are coming from other countries, like Poland, Czechia etc., and how early they would be queueing. So I really have no idea what time you'd need to be there for frontrow center, but as I said, front area should be relaxed. (Of course I also have no idea what the entrance at the Tempodrom is like - at some venues it doesn't matter when you arrive, when the doors open everything gets mixed up and it's a lottery)

As a reminder to everyone, no bags are allowed that are bigger than an A4 sheet - and they are strict about that! You'd have to throw away your bag if you want to get in fast and have no time to bring it back to your hotel / car. 

• Like 7

I've opened a new thread for the meetup and for a gift for Mika that is initiated by @MFC_Hasi - anyone can take  part in the gift, no matter if you're going to the gig or not, for details see here:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mellody said:

For just being in the front area (and not necessarily frontrow) I *think* it should be enough to be there maybe 2-3 hours before the doors open. But I'm really unsure about this gig, as he hasn't been in Germany for so long and I don't know where people are coming from for this gig. I can tell you that at the first Berlin gig I saw of Mika, in autumn 2007, there was no queue at all an hour before the doors opened - I already thought I was in the wrong place! :lol3: While on the same tour in Munich and Frankfurt people have started queueing at 3 or 4pm. And in London it was already early morning queueing. So I would think that Germany is more relaxed with queueing than other places. Also in 2010 and 2012 it was just a few superfans queueing all day, it never was as bad here as in France or Italy - Germans are too impatient to queue for long. :naughty: Now we have 39 fans on the RSVP list here, which I suppose would be the first row and the center area of the 2nd row (tho probably not all of them want to queue for ages), and I don't know how many more are coming from other countries, like Poland, Czechia etc., and how early they would be queueing. So I really have no idea what time you'd need to be there for frontrow center, but as I said, front area should be relaxed. (Of course I also have no idea what the entrance at the Tempodrom is like - at some venues it doesn't matter when you arrive, when the doors open everything gets mixed up and it's a lottery)

As a reminder to everyone, no bags are allowed that are bigger than an A4 sheet - and they are strict about that! You'd have to throw away your bag if you want to get in fast and have no time to bring it back to your hotel / car. 

When I think about my situation; I'm Hungarian and I can neither speak French, nor Italian (just English and German) and Germany is also closer to Central/Eastern Europe, so Berlin is the most ideal gig for me and I think there would be people in the same shoes as me. But I prefer seats on concerts, so I know that I won't be queuing 😂😂😂 But us Hungarians are also too impatient to queue that long, so I think that would be a common mentality in this part of Europe😂😂

Edited by Péhl Tamás
  • Like 3

On 3/19/2024 at 9:52 PM, mellody said:

Thank you, mellody, for your long repy!

I had the same unsure feeling about the best time, but also wanted to plan my several days Berlin transport ticket according to this...   That's why I wanted to ask the more experienced queuers. :blush: I had the same in mind, something between 3 or 2 hours before...

I had another thought. Just an idea and not sure if it's a stupid one. I thought, could we make signs, the very easy way, big letters printed on paper, one or two letters per sheet, a greeting for Mika, like this:

WELCOME BACK  and/or

WE MISSED YOU  or GERMANY MISSED YOU (shortly after the beginning of the concert) and maybe a SEE YOU IN BONN! at the end.

But not quite sure if it can be organized. I am not even sure I make it far enough into the front for that (though I hope, but ...).

I don't know, I just have that image in my head how it would look and that it would be a sweet greeting maybe... Just wanted to share the thought.

If it's not a good idea, that's no problem.

I also read that fan action guideline subject and that might be a problem,too, although it would not be so much paper, just some sheets that we could try to smuggle in.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lexa said:

Thank you, mellody, for your long repy!

I had the same unsure feeling about the best time, but also wanted to plan my several days Berlin transport ticket according to this...   That's why I wanted to ask the more experienced queuers. :blush: I had the same in mind, something between 3 or 2 hours before...

I had another thought. Just an idea and not sure if it's a stupid one. I thought, could we make signs, the very easy way, big letters printed on paper, one or two letters per sheet, a greeting for Mika, like this:

WELCOME BACK  and/or

WE MISSED YOU  or GERMANY MISSED YOU (shortly after the beginning of the concert) and maybe a SEE YOU IN BONN! at the end.

But not quite sure if it can be organized. I am not even sure I make it far enough into the front for that (though I hope, but ...).

I don't know, I just have that image in my head how it would look and that it would be a sweet greeting maybe... Just wanted to share the thought.

If it's not a good idea, that's no problem.

I also read that fan action guideline subject and that might be a problem,too, although it would not be so much paper, just some sheets that we could try to smuggle in.

I had a similar idea, but not with individual letters, just A4 sheets with messages like "welcome back to Germany" or "we've missed you ❤️", and not too many - I think it makes more sense like that, easier to organize, and I suppose for the French/Italian fans who are coming, this doesn't have much meaning.

Anyway, I've opened an extra thread for fanactions, we can discuss it there: 

• Like 2

Hey everyone,

In case anyone is still looking for a place to stay, I'll be giving away my hotel reservation for April 2 - April 4. It's a reservation for one person at Art Luise Kunsthotel (close to Berlin Hauptbahnhof) and it is 74,80 Euro in total (single room, shared bathroom). The reservation is non-refundable, but I can still change the name on it, so that shouldn't be a problem. I made the reservation right after the concert date was announced, but started a new job in the meanwhile (with a lot of my colleagues sitting in Berlin, so I can luckily just turn the concert into a business trip and stay in a hotel paid by my company). I'd also be willing to give it away cheaper than what I actually paid, because I really don't need it anymore. So if anyone's still looking for a hotel or knows someone who is, just let me know!

image.thumb.png.f90b45aaa25a43c4391679b9c924a927.png

image.thumb.png.da763122f845da8292c212f5bd2b3720.png

It's written everywhere that doors open at 18:30 and the beginning is at 20:00. Do you think that it's MIKA who starts at 20:00 or is the support act // SYREETA starting then?

Edited by Péhl Tamás

2 hours ago, Péhl Tamás said:

It's written everywhere that doors open at 18:30 and the beginning is at 20:00. Do you think that it's MIKA who starts at 20:00 or is the support act // SYREETA starting then?

At the French gigs it was the support act at 19:45 and Mika at 20:30, so I'm not sure... maybe we'll know more after the gigs in Brussels & Amsterdam?

• Like 4

Anybody would like to exchange seated ticket in Berlin for standing one?

I will arrive to Berlin about 2 hours before the show and I have a standing ticket.

So if you have a good seated place but you prefer to be in the pit send me a PM.

On 3/26/2024 at 12:03 PM, mellody said:

At the French gigs it was the support act at 19:45 and Mika at 20:30, so I'm not sure... maybe we'll know more after the gigs in Brussels & Amsterdam?

For Berlin, Doors open at 6.30pm, Support Act (Syreeta) at 8pm and Mika at 9pm ! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, roz said:

For Berlin, Doors open at 6.30pm, Support Act (Syreeta) at 8pm and Mika at 9pm ! 

Doors Open so early in Berlin? Where have you seen it? Edit: Never mind, I was lurking on the Tempodrom page 🙏🏼

Edited by EzPz_german_squeezy

On 3/19/2024 at 9:52 PM, mellody said:

Now we have 39 fans on the RSVP list here, which I suppose would be the first row and the center area of the 2nd row (tho probably not all of them want to queue for ages)

Hey is there still the possibility to register for the RSVP list? :no:

22 minutes ago, toyboy said:

Nevermind I already found it 🙈

• Like 1

4 hours ago, toyboy said:

Nevermind I already found it 🙈

Where to find the RSVP List and how does it work signing into the List?👀🙏🏼 

Edited by EzPz_german_squeezy

5 hours ago, toyboy said:

1 hour ago, EzPz_german_squeezy said:

Where to find the RSVP List and how does it work signing into the List?👀🙏🏼 

The easiest way to find the RSVP list for a certain gig is the link in the first post of a gig thread. If we forget to put it there, don't hesitate to remind us... but you can also find it in the calendar, in "events" - click on an event and you should be able to see the list. Then you only need to choose "going". :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, EzPz_german_squeezy said:

Have you actually booked a hotel close to the venue or more offside?

my friend and i got one not quite close😢 we were looking for cheaper options since we're not from the country

5 hours ago, EzPz_german_squeezy said:

Have you actually booked a hotel close to the venue or more offside?

When the show was announced for Huxleys, I immediately bought 2 tickets for the show and after checking out hotels online, I decided for the ibis Budget Potsdamer Platz; and we our extremely lucky, because it's literally one street from Tempodrom (like a 5 minute walk), so when the new venue was announced I was thrilled. I took this photo today, on the 2nd day of our 5-day-holiday in Berlin and I'm beyond excited for the show 🤩 and the hotel's just great, we are satisfied with the room, with the breakfast, it's literally in the middle of the city and the price's reasonable as well

IMG_20240331_190647.jpg

Edited by Péhl Tamás
  • Like 6

I'm also staying near the venue, with my family. Hubby is going with the kids to the gig (they have seats), and they want to be back in the hotel quickly from there after the show.

• Like 3

This is not really a fanaction, but just a welcome back message "Welcome back to Germany" and "We've missed you" - I printed 40 pages (20 of each message), but if anyone wants to print more or make their own version, feel free to do so. :)

For the beginning of the show (Bougez... but if we're all dancing too much and forget, we can still do it for the 2nd song, haha!).

here's the PDF I made: Mika-Germany.pdf

See you all sooon! :excite:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, mellody said:

This is not really a fanaction, but just a welcome back message "Welcome back to Germany" and "We've missed you" - I printed 40 pages (20 of each message), but if anyone wants to print more or make their own version, feel free to do so. :)

For the beginning of the show (Bougez... but if we're all dancing too much and forget, we can still do it for the 2nd song, haha!).

here's the PDF I made:  Mika-Germany.pdf 10.44 kB · 1 download

See you all sooon! :excite:

Yes, to show it at the moment when Mika sitting in the cage is looking at the audience :lol3: It would make him make a pause little longer before "bougez... plus".

• Like 2