2024 - Mika @ Kew The Music Festival, Kew Gardens, Richmond, UK, 9 July

mellody

:boing::boing::boing:  2 London gigs in one year?? ❤️🥰😍

It's a picnic concert! You can bring your own food and drink (including alcohol), or buy hot food on site, or order a hamper to pick up from the collection point on site. You can bring blankets and folding chairs, but no tables.

https://www.kewthemusic.org/faq

https://www.kewthemusic.org/security

*Concerts finish by 10.30pm. 

*General access is via both Elizabeth Gate and Victoria Gate. 

*If you need to collect tickets from the box office, use Victoria Gate. 

*If you buy a VIP package, Elizabeth Gate is the best access point. 

*There is no reserved seating, anywhere. The reserved enclosure has restricted numbers to give more space to these attendees. It has its own bar, and direct access to the dance area. But it is offset with a side view of the stage.

*There will be a pre-entry security check from 5pm, before the gates open at 6pm. 

*There will be a quick access lane for those without bags and bulky items, look out for it after the security check. 

*A concert ticket does not grant access to visit the gardens. You would need to buy a separate visitor ticket if you want to see the gardens. Visitors need to exit the gardens before entering the concert.

*And because it's the British summer... the concert is on a covered stage, so it will go ahead even if it rains! It will only be halted/cancelled if the weather becomes extreme, or there is a health and safety issue. Dress accordingly! 

Screenshot_20231027-1322272.thumb.png.9c330aae234e7e436dcec2469d5c24ed.png

• Like 4

4 hours ago, nina townsend said:

Will there be a chance to buy tickets early through the fan club?

I haven't heard anything, so I doubt it. But I'll ask!

• Like 1

Can you buy directly from Kew? They say in the FAQ:

"The official ticket sellers for Kew the Music are: Gigantic, See Tickets, Ticketmaster, The Ticket Factory, AXS, Eventim, Ticketek.

Official reseller: Twickets."

Seems like you have to go via one of those?

It's possible to buy tickets already, but you need to sign up and wait for the e-mail:

https://www.gigantic.com/kew-the-music-tickets?e=cHJpc2NhLmRlcnVuZ3NAYmx1ZXdpbi5jaA==&p=MDA0MSA3OCA4NjAgMDIgNDA=

I bought a general admission ticket. :yay:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 3

On 11/1/2023 at 6:21 AM, silver said:

I'll stick with Ticketmaster as I have an account with them.

Ticketmaster Presale
Until:  Fri, 3 Nov 2023, 09:00

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/kew-the-music-mika-london-09-07-2024/event/1F005F61B4542F86?_gl=1*kp85bd*_ga*MTkyNjczOTE4NC4xNjk4MjEzNjcz*_ga_72VVKN21YG*MTY5ODkwNTk2MC4xLjEuMTY5ODkwNTk2Ni4wLjAuMA..

Good luck :pinkbow:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NaoMika said:

Tried that - doesn't take you through to the actual tickets.  Maybe it's a presale for Kew Gardens members :dunno:

• Sad 2

44 minutes ago, silver said:

Tried that - doesn't take you through to the actual tickets.  Maybe it's a presale for Kew Gardens members :dunno:

Sorry to hear that, Silver. Hope you get your ticket on general sale.

I got my ticket from eventim presale.

https://www.eventim.co.uk/event/kew-the-music-2024-royal-botanic-gardens-kew-17830004/?affiliate=TXA

Hope to see you there in July.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Hero said:

Thanks for the link, tickets booked 😃

• Like 3

Ticket has been purchased  😍 I can't beleive the amount of concerts i will be able to attend this year 🥰 some you can afford going to all of them or most of them but I normally can't afford any of these 🤣 I do have to say that most tickets are so expensive for this year is there a reason for that ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, frenchfan84 said:

Ticket has been purchased  😍 I can't beleive the amount of concerts i will be able to attend this year 🥰 some you can afford going to all of them or most of them but I normally can't afford any of these 🤣 I do have to say that most tickets are so expensive for this year is there a reason for that ?

Yay! Good for you!!!

The ticket prices have gone up due to rising costs, I assume. BUT I also have to add that Mika’s concert tickets are incredibly reasonably priced; considering what scale artist he is and despite the rising costs. Other artists easily ask twice the price (or more) for their own dedicated tours. 

I think it’s a wonderful gesture to his audience, in the end he decides the ticket price and he decides to keep it reasonable. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, frenchfan84 said:

I do have to say that most tickets are so expensive for this year is there a reason for that ?

What I've noticed is that tickets for Mika (concerts and festivals) tend to be more expensive in the UK than in France, for example.

• Like 1

Unless you are in a wheelchair, they are not doing anything for other disabilities. I cannot sit on the floor and cannot carry a chair around which means I cannot attend this event. Extremely disappointed as it is close to me.  sad winnie the pooh GIF

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, TTel20 said:

Unless you are in a wheelchair, they are not doing anything for other disabilities. I cannot sit on the floor and cannot carry a chair around which means I cannot attend this event. Extremely disappointed as it is close to me.  sad winnie the pooh GIF

You are allowed folding chairs in the picnic areas - could someone carry a chair for you?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TTel20 said:

Unless you are in a wheelchair, they are not doing anything for other disabilities. I cannot sit on the floor and cannot carry a chair around which means I cannot attend this event. Extremely disappointed as it is close to me.  

Do you need a special type of chair, or would a folding chair be okay?