30 secondes - lyrics and song discussions

1 hour ago, krysady said:

I knew I've heard this melody before! :biggrin2: Here's a snippet from "Envoyé Spécial" 2016:

Ok that explains why he said this was the song that took the longest to write. :naughty: I love how tender and delicate it sounds in this version! Like a fairytale. :cloud: Maybe he managed to transport some of this into the album version? There's still a lot to discover for us, even with the snippets we're already getting. :wub2:

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

Ok that explains why he said this was the song that took the longest to write. :naughty: I love how tender and delicate it sounds in this version! Like a fairytale. :cloud: Maybe he managed to transport some of this into the album version? There's still a lot to discover for us, even with the snippets we're already getting. :wub2:

It's like opening a chocolate box and getting a tiny bite of each, but so much better :swoon:How lucky we are :cloud:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

I love how tender and delicate it sounds in this version! Like a fairytale. :cloud: Maybe he managed to transport some of this into the album version?

I hope so!  Even if the song got through the studio "treatment", at least the difference it's not that huge as it was for Overrated, you can still hear the same melodic line.

• Like 2

On 24/11/2023 at 2:43, krysady said:

Con "Blame It On The Weather" fue una historia diferente. Interpretó la canción en vivo y recibió tantos comentarios negativos de algunos fans, que al final se dio por vencido y luego lanzó la canción en la versión francesa... lástima, era preciosa en inglés.

Don't tell me that... it's sad that he was discouraged by what they told him, now I'm intrigued :no:

• Like 2

On 11/24/2023 at 2:10 AM, krysady said:

I knew I've heard this melody before! :biggrin2: Here's a snippet from "Envoyé Spécial" 2016:

aaaaaah, this explains why Skyler Stonestreet (a co-writer for several songs on NPIH) is credited with co-writing this song. I bet that's her singing too

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

aaaaaah, this explains why Skyler Stonestreet (a co-writer for several songs on NPIH) is credited with co-writing this song. I bet that's her singing too

I think you're right :thumb_yello:  I really hope he'll release the English version one day!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, carafon said:

Could this song being about coming out as well ?

Yes, totally. In fact this is the beauty of this song, it could be about any unconventional love and the risk of being judged by the world once you get the courage to show it publicly. 

• Like 2

On 11/23/2023 at 11:20 PM, Hero said:

It's a more confident "I See You". He's gone from wistfully watching to saying hi, come on then! :wub2:

My first thought when I listened to it was, "It's like I See You, but make it French and 2023 Mika", and then I checked the lyrics, and he literally sings "Si tu me vois, moi je te vois" – "If you see me, I see you". It's like a response song to I See You, from the perspective of the person that's looked at for me! Absolutely in love with this song, probably my favorite alongside some others :lustslow: 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, sarinaa said:

My first thought when I listened to it was, "It's like I See You, but make it French and 2023 Mika", and then I checked the lyrics, and he literally sings "Si tu me vois, moi je te vois" – "If you see me, I see you". It's like a response song to I See You, from the perspective of the person that's looked at for me! Absolutely in love with this song, probably my favorite alongside some others :lustslow: 

You're right, there's really an I see you vibe there ! And that probably explains why I love 30 secondes so much (it's one of my fav from the album too) : I see you was my absolute favorite from TBWKTM, and I must admit that, as much as I love last albums, I missed a little  simple slow-paced piano music, so I'm beyond happy there's one in this album ! :wub2: (and yes, I have a mellow heart when it comes to love/romantic songs) 

• Like 5

30 SECONDES

J'ai dû croiser ton regard
Une demi-seconde
J'ai voulu te voir dans tout ce monde 
Je prendrai le risque ce soir 
Cette envie vagabonde
Libre de t'avoir et comme une bombe

Si tu me vois
Moi je te vois
 Enflamme-moi
Et cette fois

Allez vas-y embrasse moi 
Mon cœur n'est libre que pour toi Vas-y devant tout le monde
 On change nos vies en 30 secondes

Forçons la main au destin
Qui sait où on sera demain
Vas-y devant tout le monde

Tout pourrait commencer
En 30 secondes
Ou pourrait s'arrêter en 30 secondes. 
N'attends pas, n'attends pas
Devant tout le monde

Rester loin, ne pas toucher
Y'a cent mille raisons
On ne va pas écouter de toute façon 
30 secondes pour toute une vie 
On va payer cher
Ce bout de paradis mis en enfer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Translation

30 SECONDS

I must have looked in your eyes
Half a second
I wanted to see you among all these people
I will take the risk/ a chance tonight

This vagabond desire
Free to have you
and(just) like a bomb

If you see me
Me I see you
Set me on fire
And this time

Come on kiss me
My heart is free only for you

Come on in front of everyone
We change our lives in 30 seconds

Let's force destiny's hand
Who knows where we'll be tomorrow
Come on in front of everyone

Everything could start
In 30 seconds
Or could stop in 30 seconds.
Don't wait, don't wait,
In front of everyone

Staying away, not touching
There are 100 000 reasons
We are not going to listen anyway
30 seconds for a whole life
It is going to cost a high price
For this little bit of heaven put into hell

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2023 at 12:02 AM, crazyaboutmika said:

Libre de t'avoir et comme une bombe

Ohh in the official lyrics (at least in the video description on yt) it says "t'es comme une bombe".

But I think you're right, there is no T sound there.

And it's a much nicer lyric, thinking that he sang "you're like a bomb" made me cringe :D

• Like 4

At first all the songs on the album were pretty even as far as how I’d rank them (all so good!) but this song has emerged as one of my most favorites. It’s the one I most often sit silently in awe of whenever it ends, or sometimes afterward I can’t stop myself from whispering “wow! damn I love that song” and immediately want to replay it.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Ohh in the official lyrics (at least in the video description on yt) it says "t'es comme une bombe".

But I think you're right, there is no T sound there.

And it's a much nicer lyric, thinking that he sang "you're like a bomb" made me cringe :D

Well I copied the booklet lyrics :wink2: Hopefullly they are the right ones...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

At first all the songs on the album were pretty even as far as how I’d rank them (all so good!) but this song has emerged as one of my most favorites. It’s the one I most often sit silently in awe of whenever it ends, or sometimes afterward I can’t stop myself from whispering “wow! damn I love that song” and immediately want to replay it.

Do you sometimes stop breathing waiting for it to start again? The player on repeat has this blank moment and when I'm listening to a Mika song I love to bits I only feel I can breathe again once it has started again :mikalove:

• Like 2

The more I listen to this song the more I feel the emotion behind the words. The music is beautiful and I would love to hear it live, makes me feel like a romantic movie is playing out in my head.

6 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

The player on repeat has this blank moment and when I'm listening to a Mika song I love to bits I only feel I can breathe again once it has started again

This reminds me of a quote from Mozart:

"The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between"

— Mozart

This is very true for a lot of Mika's songs, those little quiet moments in between notes, the silence that's there builds tension and creates that feeling of wonder and time to reflect on the meaning of the song. At least with 30 Secondes that's how I feel :cloud:

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

The more I listen to this song the more I feel the emotion behind the words. The music is beautiful and I would love to hear it live, makes me feel like a romantic movie is playing out in my head.

This reminds me of a quote from Mozart:

"The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between"

— Mozart

This is very true for a lot of Mika's songs, those little quiet moments in between notes, the silence that's there builds tension and creates that feeling of wonder and time to reflect on the meaning of the song. At least with 30 Secondes that's how I feel :cloud:

Well I don't reflect I freaking panic wondering how I would breathe and survive if the song didn't start again. It's a "All I need is the love you breathe, put your lips on me and I can live underwater" time. It's funny because whenever I'm driving with the babies around they use that time to ask for the song again. So they feel the same :wub2: I had that with Tomorrow and I do with Apocalypse Calypso. Both take me so high..With Good Wife it's different because it's like it is still playing even when it stops like a lulluby. 

• Like 1

It's a wonderful, beautiful song and I can't wait to hear it live.

37 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

The more I listen to this song the more I feel the emotion behind the words. The music is beautiful and I would love to hear it live, makes me feel like a romantic movie is playing out in my head

:yeah:  It's another one I can feel. ❤️

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Take a look at this. It's extremely beautiful :cloud:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0gsh_So_mt/

I didn’t think I could like the song even more and then he does this! :fangurl:

im pretty hopeless at French, but thankfully, after listening to it 40 times I find this song much easier to follow along with and even sing along with a bit. 

@crazyaboutmika At the end he sings a few lines that don’t seem to be in your French transcription or the English translation and they don’t appear on the Spotify lyrics either. It sounds like embrasse moi (ouais) something I dunno (ouais) regardez moi (ouais) or something. I listened to it again just to be sure and he definitely doesn’t end with “Ce bout de paradis mis en enfer“. My French is bad but even I can tell that much xD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1