Jane Birkin Music Video premiere, 20 February 2024

Hero

13 hours ago, Mikasister said:

La première du clip de Jane Birkin demain à 19h !!!!

Jane Birkin music video premiere. Tomorrow at 7PM (French time) !!!!

#JaneBirkin #quetatêtefleurissetoujours

He has one of those little plastic animals that children use to hold on when they're ice skating for the first time, that's so cute! :lol::wub2: It's an ice bear I think? Much looking forward to the video. :biggrin2:

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

La première du clip de Jane Birkin demain à 19h !!!!

Jane Birkin music video premiere. Tomorrow at 7PM (French time) !!!!

#JaneBirkin #quetatêtefleurissetoujours

The mystery of videos  on ice is revealed. A new surprise for all of us!!!

:boing::cheer::lustslow:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Ohh this looks amazing!! :heart:
Do you think the boy is supposed to be a younger version of him?!

I'm already making up my own storyline even though we're gonna find out soon enough :D

At the beginning I thought the same. But so why a grown up Mika is learning to skate with a toy? He should already do it easily.

I am afraid that the story might be more sad.... 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

At the beginning I thought the same. But so why a grown up Mika is learning to skate with a toy? He should already do it easily.

Well ok the whole story that my brain came up with is this:
The young boy wants to learn to skate but is discouraged (maybe because it's seen as a feminine sport) and gives up. But adult Mika overcomes those societal pressures and fulfills this childhood dream by learning to skate as an adult.

I'm sure it's gonna be something completely different as his music videos are (almost) always confusing to me :lmfao:

• Like 8

3 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Well ok the whole story that my brain came up with is this:
The young boy wants to learn to skate but is discouraged (maybe because it's seen as a feminine sport) and gives up. But adult Mika overcomes those societal pressures and fulfills this childhood dream by learning to skate as an adult.

I'm sure it's gonna be something completely different as his music videos are (almost) always confusing to me :lmfao:

I have thought exactly the same thing! :lol:

And...in my mind... he was a champion in the past that, for some reason, returns to competition in a fight with himself...

Or: he get back into game after a lot of time for realize an old deside of someone...

Oh...The thoughts travel quickly with the fantasy! :fairy:

This evening at 7:00 p.m we'll know it! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

I have thought exactly the same thing! :lol:

And...in my mind... he was a champion in the past that, for some reason, returns to competition in a fight with himself...

Or: he get back into game after a lot of time for realize an old deside of someone...

Oh...The thoughts travel quickly with the fantasy! :fairy:

This evening at 7:00 p.m we'll know it! 

yess 

I love more his outfits than the video itself, but ok, I love it, for me it's YES!! :punk:

Now we need a new MIsKAting emoj, don't you think? Skating Bana na na naaaaaaa

Happy Ice Skating GIF

• Haha 9

12 minutes ago, Valmont69 said:

I love more his outfits than the video itself, but ok, I love it, for me it's YES!! :punk:

Now we need a new MIsKAting emoj, don't you think? Skating Bana na na naaaaaaa

Happy Ice Skating GIF

I love your "skatey banana" Myriam! If I could make that an emoji, I would. :lol3:

I do really love the video -- and I love that they included English subtitles. Thank you, Mika!:yay:

• Like 5

This is my new favorite of all of Mika’s music videos!! The English translation in the captions was interesting, since some of the lyrics were translated differently compared to what I’ve seen before.

• Like 3

I watched the livestream at 7 while preparing dinner, but hadn't seen the subtitles... dunno if they weren't in the livestream or if I just didn't notice them... indeed interesting to get an "official" translation - it's not "Free, I don't know how to do that", as I had thought, but "I don't know how to be me" ... and the "tant pis" in the 2nd verse also wasn't 100% clear in the beginning - although from something he had said somewhere recently (maybe it was an interview, not sure...), it had become clearer already.

Love the aesthetics in this video! :wub2: And the message - it's not really a story, as I thought it would be - but still it perfecly brings across this emotion of feeling awkward but then daring to express yourself, even if you fall. You just laugh and try again. With the dancers carrying Mika it reminds me a bit of the Good Guys video, just that it's not as confusing, it's much more clear and direct.

When watching for the first time, I wondered why in the group shot Mika is looking at that girl behind him - but when I rewatched, it became clear, I think with that look he "asks" her to smile, despite her braces.

And him dancing on the ice car in his green suit, awesome! :mikalove: It reminds me a bit of the Ice Cream video. :biggrin2:

1 hour ago, Mubbin Sarina said:

Same!! My fav of the new era I think! :groovy:

Definitely agree with that. :wub2:

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I love your "skatey banana" Myriam! If I could make that an emoji, I would. :lol3:

I do really love the video -- and I love that they included English subtitles. Thank you, Mika!:yay:

Yeah, that's why I chose this gif: I hoped that someone of us could make it :das:.

I appreciated the subtitles too, even if I tried to find out on my YT settings if it was something I did on my YT account.

I discovered on the guide that it's a channel option :doh:.

I tried and tried to do some screenshots without subtitles :lmfao:, poor thing!