Hi, I'm Deepblue, nice to meet you!

Deepblue

Hello all!

I'm Deepblue, but I also respond to my real name, Sascha :wink2:

I am 43 years old, and I live in the westernmost part of Germany, close to the borders to the Netherlands and Belgium. I came across Mika about two years ago, in a time where I had to cope with some not-so-nice health issues. And as music has always been a great tool for me to reduce stress and to work on mental issues, I started to crawl Spotify for some happy playlists. And then, Mika was suddenly there, and his music immediately drew me deep into this happy and joyful rabbit hole.

Of course, I knew his biggest hits from the past, but not really a lot more. But once I started to look deeper into his discography, it really struck me how much there is for every single emotional state one could be in. I love to sing and dance joyfully to "Elle me dit" or "Love Today", shed a little tear when listening to "Happy Ending" or "Underwater", or enjoy the subtle messages in the lyrics of songs like "Toy Boy" or "30 secondes". I know these are big words, but Mika has helped me a lot with his music in a very difficult time of my life (and still does!), and I am forever grateful for that. Also, I believe that he is a fantastic ambassador for diversity and equality. Standing up for diversity is important to me, and I believe that calling out the tiny and big injustices in everyday life is kind of a civic duty, especially for those of us who are really privileged.

And now, I'm here! I came across the Mika Fan Club as I was searching for more information on Mika's current tour. In just four days from now, I will attend my first ever Mika concert in Lille, and I can hardly wait for it. I think I'm already driving my wife crazy at the moment with my botched attempts to get these french lyrics right, and she will have to live with that for the next few days :wink2:

This much about me for the time being ... I'm looking forward to whatever expects me here, and maybe I'll see some of you in Lille this weekend!

• Like 11

Hello and welcome @Deepblue! I also found Mika during a hard time in my life, so I understand the gratitude you feel. 

I hope you have a wonderful time at the concert and enjoy being a part of the MFC :welcomeani:

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the MFC :bye:

Keep trying to learn those French lyrics (me too).  Is your wife coming to the gig?  Lots of people get converted to fans once they have seen him live.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome! :welcomeani: Nice to see more German fans here! Especially as Mika is finally coming to Germany again this year. But I get that France would be closer for you than Berlin. I'm 47, I live in the suburbs of Munich and my first gigs of this tour will be Nancy and Strasbourg ... maybe after Lille you might decide to see what other gigs of this tour you can attend, it wouldn't surprise me! :lol3: His concerts are addictive. 🙈

Anyway, have fun, here on MFC and at the gig, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

• Like 1

Hi and welcome @Deepblue :welcomeani:

I think with Mika's music there really is a song for every occasion and mood. There are times when a song plays or is released at just the right time and it's actually quite healing. A lot of his music has helped me out in the past too. I'm glad to hear Mika has had a positive impact on you and that you'll get the chance to see him live very soon, it's something very magical for sure!

This thread might interest you for more Mika content!

• Like 1

Hi! 

Best of luck this weekend! :lepre: I hope you get a chance to greet Mika if he comes out after the gig.  

Unfortunately, there's no turning back, you'll be in the rabbit hole for a looong time haha. Mika's music has that healing effect on all our souls.

I'm pretty sure that your wife will end up joining you in the mikaverse sooner or later. 

:welcomeani:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Deepblue said:

Hello all!

I'm Deepblue, but I also respond to my real name, Sascha :wink2:

I am 43 years old, and I live in the westernmost part of Germany, close to the borders to the Netherlands and Belgium. I came across Mika about two years ago, in a time where I had to cope with some not-so-nice health issues. And as music has always been a great tool for me to reduce stress and to work on mental issues, I started to crawl Spotify for some happy playlists. And then, Mika was suddenly there, and his music immediately drew me deep into this happy and joyful rabbit hole.

Of course, I knew his biggest hits from the past, but not really a lot more. But once I started to look deeper into his discography, it really struck me how much there is for every single emotional state one could be in. I love to sing and dance joyfully to "Elle me dit" or "Love Today", shed a little tear when listening to "Happy Ending" or "Underwater", or enjoy the subtle messages in the lyrics of songs like "Toy Boy" or "30 secondes". I know these are big words, but Mika has helped me a lot with his music in a very difficult time of my life (and still does!), and I am forever grateful for that. Also, I believe that he is a fantastic ambassador for diversity and equality. Standing up for diversity is important to me, and I believe that calling out the tiny and big injustices in everyday life is kind of a civic duty, especially for those of us who are really privileged.

And now, I'm here! I came across the Mika Fan Club as I was searching for more information on Mika's current tour. In just four days from now, I will attend my first ever Mika concert in Lille, and I can hardly wait for it. I think I'm already driving my wife crazy at the moment with my botched attempts to get these french lyrics right, and she will have to live with that for the next few days :wink2:

This much about me for the time being ... I'm looking forward to whatever expects me here, and maybe I'll see some of you in Lille this weekend!

Hello @Deepblue and welcome in Mika Fan Club! :welcomeani:

I'm Arianna, I'm italian and it's not a lot of time that I'm in this beautiful community.

I don't think you exaggerate when you say that the music of Mika has helped you.I think the music could has sometimes a special power, I think it could create union, give courage, could make us a smile in a difficult moment, and expecially the music of Mika, has helped and continue to help me to express myself in my everyday life.

I appreciate very much what you say about diversity and equality too.

In my opinion the respect for other people is important in every situation. Is important that everyone of us could be, and could be accepted, for who they are and fell yourself well. In this Mika has really opened my mind and I'm great to him for this. 

I hope you have fun in MFC and...you have fun to the concert too! :D

See you somewhere in the forum! :bye:

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 2

Hello Sascha

welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here. I´m Sabine, a little older fan from Germany. I know what you mean by telling Mika helped you a lot, it´s the same for me. To tell the truth seeing Mika live is very very very addicting and you will want more more more. Maybe we will meet at any gigs during the tour.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, silver said:

Hi and welcome to the MFC :bye:

Keep trying to learn those French lyrics (me too).  Is your wife coming to the gig?  Lots of people get converted to fans once they have seen him live.

Yes @silver, we‘ll both be there. I'm very excited to see how she likes it!

• Like 1

Welcome Sascha. I'm also pleased that more and more German fans are finding their way here. My name is Isabelle, I'm 23 years old and I'm from Stuttgart. :welcomeani:
I can also totally understand how much Mika's music has helped you. I feel the same way, every time I went through challenges or difficult phases in my life, I could always see and feel the light at the end of the tunnel through MIKA's music. It has often helped me through emotional moments and I am incredibly grateful that I discovered him back then. :bow:

So welcome to the MFC:lol: X Factor Emma GIF by X Factor Italia

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Deepblue said:

Btw, to cite my wife after the gig: „Even I liked that!“ :lol3:

Hahah I was gonna ask you about that actually! My best friend who I dragged to a gig was smiling and dancing the whole way through.

No one can resist Mika's charm!! ;) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...