2024 - MFC Party - Dublin, 10th April: DETAILS

dcdeb

Who's ready to party? :partytime:

I have to say, of all the MFC parties I've arranged over the years, this was the MOST difficult to coordinate! BUT I'm happy to finally reveal the details of our MFC pre-gig party in Dublin, on Wednesday, 10th April, the day before Mika's show at the Olympia Theatre on 11th April.

I've started this new thread with the details -- it was getting a little confusing in the previous thread.

So...

WHO: MIKA FAN CLUB (AKA US!)

WHAT: PRE-GIG PARTY

WHEN: WEDNESDAY, 10TH APRIL, 6:30 TO 9:30PM

WHERE: The Snug Bar at The Old Storehouse Bar & Restaurant, Crown Alley, Temple Bar, Dublin 2.

COST: £15/person payable at the door includes food and SOME drink (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic). For those of you who have paid in advance, don't worry! I have you noted.

NOTE: The Old Storehouse are expecting about 35-40 people, which is what I have on the list right now. If more than 40 people show up unexpectedly, they can still join the party, but may have to pay extra for any food or beverage.

We WILL have our own private room BUT we will not be able to play our own music. :overreact:

I don't know why. Well, I do actually. I think it's because they will have live music. But maybe when the band takes a break we can sneak a few Mika songs in. :)

Here's a short video of the Snug Bar:

They will serve us party platters with a variety of foods, including several gluten-free choices. Because we needed to pre-order, I've selected:

-- 3x large party platters (Chips, Spicy Chicken Wings, Beer Battered Onion Rings, Garlic Bread, Breaded Mushrooms, Chicken Goujons, Scampi & Sweet Potato Fries. Served With 8 Dips) (I think the scampi are GF, but not the rest.)

-- 4 bowls of roasted veg with skewers (GF)

-- 5 plates of smoked salmon on bread (GF if you don't have the bread!)

If none of that appeals to you, or you need more to eat, you will be able to order off the menu, but at extra expense.

For more info on the location:

https://theoldstorehouse.ie/

As you can see, it's quite close to the Olympia, about a 5-minute walk, so everyone staying in that area should have no trouble finding it or getting there.

I think that's everything you need to know, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask below, or send me a private message.

-------------------------------------------------------

PARTY-GOERS!

@dcdeb

@mellody ***

@Hero

@FannySpina14

@Marab

@Patricia Birden

@NaoMika ***

@Beatrixxx_always

@tiibet

@holdingyourdrink ***

@Prisca

@Chiara 83

@Manuela Ganzerla

@Lorlore ***

@Cerise

@camille*

@lyli21

@wiki M

@Capdeville ***

@Romy04

@Anilado

@Nellie

@Evergreen

@MUSICMIKA

@Gabry74

@GRAZIA ARTUSO

@ISAJF414

@Lauramikale + 1

@lysk

@Glitterbug ***

@MikaMadLuke ***

@carafon 

@M de Metz

@Elly1974
@lamourfaitcequeilveut
@SABI77

@RAK1

@Narimène

@Treasa

Maybe's:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

On 3/20/2024 at 5:50 PM, dcdeb said:

Well, I do actually. I think it's because they will have live music. But maybe when the band takes a break we can sneak a few Mika songs in. :)

I hope it's not so loud that we can't chat anymore. :rolleyes: Or at least really good, so we can dance! :dance_man:

• Like 2

On 3/20/2024 at 5:50 PM, dcdeb said:

I have to say, of all the MFC parties I've arranged over the years, this was the MOST difficult to coordinate! BUT I'm happy to finally reveal the details of our MFC pre-gig party in Dublin, on Wednesday, 10th April, the day before Mika's show at the Olympia Theatre on 11th April.

I've started this new thread with the details -- it was getting a little confusing in the previous thread.

So...

WHERE: The Snug Bar at The Old Storehouse Bar & Restaurant, Crown Alley, Temple Bar, Dublin 2.

COST: £15/person payable at the door includes food and SOME drink (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic). For those of you who have paid in advance, don't worry! I have you noted.

NOTE: The Old Storehouse are expecting about 35-40 people, which is what I have on the list right now. If more than 40 people show up unexpectedly, they can still join the party, but may have to pay extra for any food or beverage.

We WILL have our own private room BUT we will not be able to play our own music. :overreact:

I don't know why. Well, I do actually. I think it's because they will have live music. But maybe when the band takes a break we can sneak a few Mika songs in. :)

They will serve us party platters with a variety of foods, including several gluten-free choices. Because we needed to pre-order, I've selected:

-- 3x large party platters (Chips, Spicy Chicken Wings, Beer Battered Onion Rings, Garlic Bread, Breaded Mushrooms, Chicken Goujons, Scampi & Sweet Potato Fries. Served With 8 Dips) (I think the scampi are GF, but not the rest.)

If none of that appeals to you, or you need more to eat, you will be able to order off the menu, but at extra expense.

As you can see, it's quite close to the Olympia, about a 5-minute walk, so everyone staying in that area should have no trouble finding it or getting there.

I think that's everything you need to know, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask below, or send me a private message.

PARTY-GOERS!

@dcdeb

@mellody ***

@Hero

@FannySpina14

@Marab

@Patricia Birden

@NaoMika

@Beatrixxx_always

@tiibet

@holdingyourdrink ***

@Prisca

@Chiara 83

@Manuela Ganzerla

@Lorlore ***

@Cerise

@camille*

@lyli21

@wiki M

@Capdeville ***

@Romy04

@Anilado

@Nellie

@Evergreen

@MUSICMIKA

@Gabry74

@GRAZIA ARTUSO

@ISAJF414

@Lauramikale + 1

@lysk

@Glitterbug ***

@MikaMadLuke ***

@carafon 

@M de Metz

@Elly1974
@lamourfaitcequeilveut
@SABI77

Maybe's/Latecomers:

@Narimène

You can officially count me as the party goers (well I will still be a latecomer as I will join the party around 7pm/7:30pm but I will be there 🥳)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Narimène said:

You can officially count me as the party goers (well I will still be a latecomer as I will join the party around 7pm/7:30pm but I will be there 🥳)

OK! I bet we'll still be there! ;)

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 4:50 PM, dcdeb said:

So...

PARTY-GOERS!

@dcdeb

@mellody ***

@Hero

@FannySpina14

@Marab

@Patricia Birden

@NaoMika

@Beatrixxx_always

@tiibet

@holdingyourdrink ***

@Prisca

@Chiara 83

@Manuela Ganzerla

@Lorlore ***

@Cerise

@camille*

@lyli21

@wiki M

@Capdeville ***

@Romy04

@Anilado

@Nellie

@Evergreen

@MUSICMIKA

@Gabry74

@GRAZIA ARTUSO

@ISAJF414

@Lauramikale + 1

@lysk

@Glitterbug ***

@MikaMadLuke ***

@carafon 

@M de Metz

@Elly1974
@lamourfaitcequeilveut
@SABI77

Maybe's/Latecomers:

@Narimène

Add me to the list, please Deb.

• Like 1

Yayyyyy!!! We are so close :'D

@dcdeb I never managed to read what you responded to me in the previous topic, so I'll leave a new reminder that you have my hand if any help is needed regarding the party!

(and also that I'm looking for lonely souls like myself to attend both the party and the concert! I'm a Spanish 29 year old ♥)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nellie said:

@dcdeb I never managed to read what you responded to me in the previous topic, so I'll leave a new reminder that you have my hand if any help is needed regarding the party!

(and also that I'm looking for lonely souls like myself to attend both the party and the concert! I'm a Spanish 29 year old ♥)

👋 Nellie, I’m also going solo and don’t know anyone either. I’ll be happy to keep you company 😊 but don’t worry, I’ve been to many concerts alone and I can guarantee  you will never feel “lonely”  in a Mika show 😉.

I look forward to meet u.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Glitterbug said:

👋 Nellie, I’m also going solo and don’t know anyone either. I’ll be happy to keep you company 😊 but don’t worry, I’ve been to many concerts alone and I can guarantee  you will never feel “lonely”  in a Mika show 😉.

I look forward to meet u.

Awwww that's so cool! Are you Spanish or just living there? :mikalove:

On 3/23/2024 at 2:27 PM, RAK1 said:

Add me to the list, please Deb.

:thumb_yello:

On 3/23/2024 at 10:46 PM, Nellie said:

Thanks! I think we have everything covered, but I will certainly keep you in mind!

And as someone said, you will never be lonely at a Mika concert! See you real soon!

• Like 1

@dcdeb

My money, along with the money for the party in London, has already been sent to you by my friend  @Er1k000 the other day.

Could you check it out?

Sorry it's complicated for you. 

I was not able to send the money from my account - it says that the donation platform is not supported in my country.

Huge thanks for organising for the parties. Can't wait to see you there.

:flowers2:

15 hours ago, NaoMika said:

@dcdeb

My money, along with the money for the party in London, has already been sent to you by my friend  @Er1k000 the other day.

Could you check it out?

Sorry it's complicated for you. 

I was not able to send the money from my account - it says that the donation platform is not supported in my country.

Huge thanks for organising for the parties. Can't wait to see you there.

:flowers2:

Yes, I did get it, thanks. Sorry I forgot to update the list. See you soon!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! @Treasa

Sorry it took so long to reply.

Looking forward to seeing you, and everyone else, there!

:partytime:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing you all tonight! :D 

I just wanted to give you a head's up, I land at 4pm in Dublin today; by the time I go over to the apartment and head to the pub, I might be late but I'm still coming! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...