2024 - Mika @ AFAS Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS, 29 March REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Kumazzz

:holland: AMSTERDAM !!

Netherlands is not a French speaking country, I'm really interest in this concert !

Which language Mika will speak ?

How about the SETLIST ?

Can't wait for your posts !!!!

SETLIST

1. Bougez
  2. Origin of Love
  3. Talk about You
  4. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
  5. Feels Like Fire
  6. Underwater
  7. Relax (Take It Easy)
  8. Yo Yo
  9. Good Guys
  10.  Elle me dit 
  11. Lollipop
  12. Popular Song
  13. Billy Brown 
  14.  Grace Kelly 
  15.  Rain
  16. Happy Ending
  17.  Love Today
  18. Any Other World
  19. We Are Golden

REPORTS

VIDEOS

PICS

PRESS

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 3

Amsterdam!! Did you have a good time?! I am sad at home as I wasn't able to travel. I had to cancel because I am sick, it's the gremlin cough. So please post a vid  and the setlist so I can imagine I was there! :boing:

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

MikaFanClubtoo have an Insta Live for a few minutes.

Mika sang Rain standing on the neon like during C'est la vie.

So a new change on the setlist!

Wow he sang Origin of Love!

And Bougez was in English!

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And Bougez was in English!

WHAT?!

Someone needs to share a video of that!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well, actually the second part. The beginning is in French.

Bougez in English!  :original:    I wonder if Mika will do that with other songs from the French album.

By the way, about "bougez" . . .

The other day it suddenly dawned on me that the word might have the same origin as the English "budge" (maybe some of you have already thought of it). I looked it up and, sure enough, "budge" comes from the Anglo-French and Middle French "bouger" ("move, stir"). I know this isn't an important detail but I love noticing similarities between languages.

• Like 4

Another part of Bougez :

I don't understand what he sings, but that part sounds better to me than the other one. :)

I'm sure it wasn't easy for him to find English lyrics that match the music and transport the meaning of the song. Curious to hear/read the whole English lyrics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

According to setlist.fm the setlist was like that (so no new french songs apart from Bougez which was partly in English and no Talk about you, instead we got Rain, Lollipop, Good Guys, Billy Brown, Origin of Love and Popular Song :)

1.Bougez

2. Origin of Love

3. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

4. Feels Like Fire

5. Underwater

6. Relax (Take It Easy)

7. Yo Yo

8. Good Guys

9. Elle me dit 

10. Lollipop

11. Popular Song

12. Billy Brown 

13. Grace Kelly 

14. Rain

15. Happy Ending

16. Love Today

17. Any Other World

18. We Are Golden

Edited by Perdchen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Perdchen said:

According to setlist.fm the setlist was like that (so no new french songs apart from Bougez which was partly in English and no Talk about you, instead we got Rain, Lollipop, Good Guys, Billy Brown, Origin of Love and Popular Song :)

1.Bougez

2. Origin of Love

3. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

4. Feels Like Fire

5. Underwater

6. Relax (Take It Easy)

7. Yo Yo

8. Good Guys

9. Elle me dit 

10. Lollipop

11. Popular Song

12. Billy Brown 

13. Grace Kelly 

14. Rain

15. Happy Ending

16. Love Today

17. Any Other World

18. We Are Golden

He did do Talk About You! It was the song we all showed the colourfull hearts to him! It was in the beginning, I think after Origin. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Marika said:

He did do Talk About You! It was the song we all showed the colourfull hearts to him! It was in the beginning, I think after Origin. 

Yes exactly, it was Bougez then Origin then Talk about you I believe :)

• Like 1

I am totally shocked by the changes made to the set list! Pleasantly surprised at the addition of Origin of Love and Good Guys, sort of sad to sacrifice C'est la vie and Apocalypse Calypso and Jane Birkin for Lollipop  (of all things!), Popular and Rain. Happy enough to hear Good Guys again, and I'm really glad Bougez has remained. Wonder if those are all the changes or if it will be tweaked again for the UK...

• Like 12

Will write a full report later, but I was incredibly surprised to see the entirety of QTTFT go up in smoke. The show was amazing nonetheless, please don’t get me wrong. This time I was an “angel” and not an “enfant terrible”, so I had a better view of the general atmosphere. And I can tell you all the way up to the angels people LOVED it, but it was not thanks to the setlist, it is thanks to HIM. Mika is a force!

He could’ve EASILY kept Jane Birkin and C’est La Vie in my opinion. And I am saying this with a slight pang in my heart, because I really did adore Rain on the Apocalypse Club as it’s my favourite live, but it deserves C’est La Vie of all songs. 

The English adaptation of Bougez was incredible. Just like the French version it pulled people right in, no mistake about that. I can understand why he did that in a non-French speaking country, especially as it’s the first song of the show. It serves to pull people in and set the tone. And it pulls in people even more if it’s a language they understand. Smart move with same energy.

Also, there were no songs from MNIMH (there weren’t in the French leg of the tour either, but if he wanted to stick to English for this setlist he could’ve chosen from that album as well). He said he hasn’t been back in Amsterdam for more than 8 years, but he also didn’t show off enough of the songs he has done in the last 8 years. Which we all agree are absolute gems!

I loved the show yesterday and I also loved the setlist, because I just love his music. But at the same time it makes me very sad in my fan heart that he is selling himself short by sticking to his first four albums. The new audience who doesn’t know Mika initially know him by the 4 classics (GK, Relax, Lollipop, Big Girls - right?). The 15 other songs of the show are new to them anyway. 

I hope he will come back to the Netherlands very soon, much sooner than 8 years. The show was sold out for months, he attracts the audience easily. I hope he will consider having a setlist that will include all of his albums, the Dutch people will love it. I guarantee you that they will adore it. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I am totally shocked by the changes made to the set list! Pleasantly surprised at the addition of Origin of Love and Good Guys, sort of sad to sacrifice C'est la vie and Apocalypse Calypso and Jane Birkin for Lollipop  (of all things!), Popular and Rain. Happy enough to hear Good Guys again, and I'm really glad Bougez has remained. Wonder if those are all the changes or if it will be tweaked again for the UK...

Quite surprising that he cut " Apocalypse Calypso" as it's the tour's tittle 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Will write a full report later, but I was incredibly surprised to see the entirety of QTTFT go up in smoke. The show was amazing nonetheless, please don’t get me wrong. This time I was an “angel” and not an “enfant terrible”, so I had a better view of the general atmosphere. And I can tell you all the way up to the angels people LOVED it, but it was not thanks to the setlist, it is thanks to HIM. Mika is a force!

He could’ve EASILY kept Jane Birkin and C’est La Vie in my opinion. And I am saying this with a slight pang in my heart, because I really did adore Rain on the Apocalypse Club as it’s my favourite live, but it deserves C’est La Vie of all songs. 

The English adaptation of Bougez was incredible. Just like the French version it pulled people right in, no mistake about that. I can understand why he did that in a non-French speaking country, especially as it’s the first song of the show. It serves to pull people in and set the tone. And it pulls in people even more if it’s a language they understand. Smart move with same energy.

Also, there were no songs from MNIMH (there weren’t in the French leg of the tour either, but if he wanted to stick to English for this setlist he could’ve chosen from that album as well). He said he hasn’t been back in Amsterdam for more than 8 years, but he also didn’t show off enough of the songs he has done in the last 8 years. Which we all agree are absolute gems!

I loved the show yesterday and I also loved the setlist, because I just love his music. But at the same time it makes me very sad in my fan heart that he is selling himself short by sticking to his first four albums. The new audience who doesn’t know Mika initially know him by the 4 classics (GK, Relax, Lollipop, Big Girls - right?). The 15 other songs of the show are new to them anyway. 

I hope he will come back to the Netherlands very soon, much sooner than 8 years. The show was sold out for months, he attracts the audience easily. I hope he will consider having a setlist that will include all of his albums, the Dutch people will love it. I guarantee you that they will adore it. 

Thank you for sharing your opinion from the point of view of someone who was there. I think the same, and I hope he'll make some changes for Berlin (I'm sure he will for Brussels, as it's probably a mostly French-speaking audience). 

• Like 2

I agree with all of you. C'est la vie is easy to sing along which was obvious when he filmed the video so I don't understand. Other french songs would also do great. It kinda hurts because I don't want him to lack confidence or underestimate his audience. Either way is misplaced. It's an amazing album. I hope he will bring some songs back for Berlin and the UK.

• Like 13

41 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I posted on Twitter.

You can add your comments below. I didn't mention all songs we love - not enough space.

That is the perfect GIF for your message :lol3:

(no point posting a review in the pre-show thread, dih!!)

What a show!!! Brilliant day in the Q ruined a tiny bit by the Dutch dicks who refused to move to their spot in line and hurling unwarrented insults at me (seriously only and always the Dutch)

But Mika was having a blast, the fan action with the hearts worked a treat, and due respect was called out by Mika..

The energy, oh my word. the song selection (so much for studying them French lyrics for months 😅) what a surprise! 

I keep forgetting how good he is.

That opening blew my mind!

Been thinking about the bougez en budge comment: budgie.. is obviously a wee birdie - is there a link with the costume and stage prop of cage there?? Or am I to interpret it as angels wings (only) when trapped in  a heavenly cage __  in a devilish suit... I like that juxtaposition of ideas... 

or is that so bleedingly obvious I shoulda just kept my gob shut? 

thanks all for a great time. I did not prep this concert. Every single moment was a surprise and a treat. And it was amazing.

20240329_211449.JPG

Edited by couldbepurple
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, couldbepurple said:

(no point posting a review in the pre-show thread, dih!!)

What a show!!! Brilliant day in the Q ruined a tiny bit by the Dutch dicks who refused to move to their spot in line and hurling unwarrented insults at me (seriously only and always the Dutch)

But Mika was having a blast, the fan action with the hearts worked a treat, and due respect was called out by Mika..

The energy, oh my word. the song selection (so much for studying them French lyrics for months 😅) what a surprise! 

I keep forgetting how good he is.

That opening blew my mind!

Been thinking about the bougez en budge comment: budgie.. is obviously a wee birdie - is there a link with the costume and stage prop of cage there?? Or am I to interpret it as angels wings (only) when trapped in  a heavenly cage __  in a devilish suit... I like that juxtaposition of ideas... 

or is that so bleedingly obvious I shoulda just kept my gob shut? 

thanks all for a great time. I did not prep this concert. Every single moment was a surprise and a treat. And it was amazing.

20240329_211449.JPG

I just found out that "budgie" is a short form of "budgerigar" ( a bird), which is Australian in origin, so I think there's no link there.

I think Mika himself refers to the firebird being freed but perhaps there are other meanings I'm not aware of. I have the impression that the composer Stravinsky is Mika's inspiration. He composed the music both for "The Firebird" - which is based on a Russian folk tale from what I read - and "The Rite of Spring", the name of Mika's previous tour.

• Like 1

ahh yeah the firebird .. of course.. okay that makes sense... I love the Stravinsky work ...

22 minutes ago, couldbepurple said:

Thanks a lot for posting ! @couldbepurple

AFAS Live FACEBOOK

23 pics

AFASLive(2).thumb.jpg.f7900feb735804f7b47b1c509226c3e4.jpg

AFASLive(8).thumb.jpg.4ceef594756fa0846d8735025786a43d.jpg

AFASLive(7).thumb.jpg.9f046fc94865195d51be6b544d78bd5c.jpg

AFASLive(6).thumb.jpg.39a01a236a44dccf150ee33141346d64.jpg

AFASLive(5).thumb.jpg.b59e499783b0d7356a7b2087f7966cfa.jpg

AFASLive(17).thumb.jpg.040788589dde378f1a1b02996df624ba.jpg

AFASLive(3).thumb.jpg.0af05da92f6d79caa6e24d2f8026c569.jpg

AFASLive(4).thumb.jpg.ad61eaecf23e01e36f02489ea5c4586f.jpg