2024 - Mika @ AFAS Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS, 29 March REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Kumazzz

6 minutes ago, carafon said:

Poor equipment or bad balances? 

It's just the center part close to the stage. At least your ears don't hurt so much as during festivals.

Well. Maybe except Grenoble where the venue looks like not the best for gigs.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It's just the center part close to the stage. At least your ears don't hurt so much as during festivals.

Well. Maybe except Grenoble where the venue looks like not the best for gigs.

I've never been at the center. And I've been in Grenoble for the heaven tour, the sound was ok:dunno:

When it's only piano or guitar, it's OK, but imo drums and bass are too loud

Edited by carafon
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 8:57 PM, Kumazzz said:

:holland: AMSTERDAM !!

Netherlands is not a French speaking country, I'm really interest in this concert !

Which language Mika will speak ?

How about the SETLIST ?

Can't wait for your posts !!!!

SETLIST

• 1.Bougez
  • 2. Origin of Love
  • 3. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
  • 4. Feels Like Fire
  • 5. Underwater
  • 6. Relax (Take It Easy)
  • 7. Yo Yo
  • 8. Good Guys
  • 9. Elle me dit 
  • 10. Lollipop
  • 11. Popular Song
  • 12. Billy Brown 
  • 13. Grace Kelly 
  • 14. Rain
  • 15. Happy Ending
  • 16. Love Today
  • 17. Any Other World
  • 18. We Are Golden

REPORTS

VIDEOS

PICS

PRESS

In the setlist Talk about you is missing as the 3rd song as it was missing in my version of the setlist as well :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Perdchen said:

In the setlist Talk about you is missing as the 3rd song as it was missing in my version of the setlist as well :)

Thanks ! I did FIX the setlist.:mikalove:

On 3/30/2024 at 6:21 PM, Mikasister said:

Can I please get a download link to the video of the fans in the queue? I screenrecorded it but my sleepy head didn’t record it with sound 🤪

1 hour ago, Maaikie... said:

Can I please get a download link to the video of the fans in the queue? I screenrecorded it but my sleepy head didn’t record it with sound 🤪

You should be able to download it directly from MFC, just tap the 3 little dots on the bottom right of the video and a download option should come up 🙂

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, krysady said:

I read many people complaining about the sound, I wonder what's going on... 

I don't know why they can't get the sound right everywhere, maybe depends on the venue?...  In Strasbourg it was fine, in Luxemburg it was too loud - I was in about the same place in the frontrow, just different sides of the stage. The support act in Lux had asked the mixer to turn on the speakers in front of the stage (these are new at Mika gigs, and I think it's them that cause these problems) and it suddenly got so loud that it hurt my ears. :no: I didn't have earplugs with me, as usually at Mika's gigs I don't need them (unless it's a festival with other artists), so I had to try to protect my ears with pieces of paper tissues. For Mika it was better, or maybe I just had gotten used to it by then, but I still found it louder than usual. Thought it was because the venue layout, as it had no seated area, but as others say the same of other gigs, it must be a general issue. :dunno:

Amsterdam 29-3-2024

Boyyy what a day!! 

So before these concerts were happening I wanted to make another outfit. But since I didn’t have anything to go off of, I decided to create my own, using Easter as my inspo. So weeks before this I was struggling with the cute organza and stupid elastic waistband, but I managed. 😎 So fast forward to Friday.

At 7 am I received messages from Patricia asking me if I was awake. She was going to pick me up later to go to the venue, so I had to go take the crusties out of my eyeballs and get going.

With my rainbow makeup, bunny ears and easter skirt I was ready to roll at 8:05.

With butterflies in our stomachs we drove to Amsterdam, where we parked at P23. Which proved to be a bit further than we’d hoped, but not too bad. The weather was alright at that time, but there wasn’t any rain. 😌

When we arrived we were numbers 7 and 8 on the list 💪 Quite the achievement in all those years. We plopped down our little chairs and basically chilled. Slowly more people came walking in and I saw more and more familiar faces ❤️ After 16(!!!) years it’s so nice to have seen so many familiar fans, and also meeting new ones every time. The day flew by like crazy and I wasn’t bored for a second. First we got doughnuts with hot chocolate. A couple hours later we went to Hema for some last minute fan actions. Mediamarkt had a very easily accessible toilet so we made good use of that as we discussed the fact that they could seriously cash in on their public bathroom. In the afternoon we went to Febo for some fries and broodje kroket and before we knew it they started closing the gate around us.

The funny part about queueing for so long, while looking like a bunch of mini rainbows is that bycomers will always be curious as to who we’re queueing for. Some knew Mika, most didn’t 😂. 

At some point we brought our little chairs back to the car (walked the wrong/long way to the carpark🙃) and got back into the sheep pen as fast as we could.

Then Mika’s socials guy came to the crowd to film his 100 faces in Amsterdam video. I made damn sure to make it into the video and as I walked up, I quickly mentioned the silly bunny ears I was wearing, he laughed and enthusiastically told me to go for it. Happy to say I made it into the video😂 I later learned that he showed it to Andy and that he wanted to put that video in first, but they then decided to give it a better moment later on in the video so it could play for a few microseconds longer 🤣. 

IMG_6259.thumb.png.b3281273b7b609ca87023692afed6034.png

At around 8 ish(?) we got to go in as calm as we could possibly be. We had double asked the bottle policy, so there weren’t any issues. Bottles empty, no caps. So we gave them to the folks that were collecting empty bottles all day lol. (For those unfamiliar with the concept, for each bottle you get 15 cents back at the supermarket, so if you want to help a homeless person but you don’t want to give cash, this is a very easy way to do just that.) 

Patricia got in faster than me and she made sure to leave room for me at the front. I nordic walked my way over there and we got amazing spots at the center front💪 

There was no support act (something with them underestemating how long it took to drive to Amsterdam from Geneva…..) but we were okay with that.

I hadn’t seen much of the show online because I had avoided most videos, and even if I had seen them.. NOTHING like seeing it live!! My gosh wat a spectacle! The curtains’ eyes lid up and stared down at us, as to give us a prophecy, or it being like a godstatue right in front of a treasure room in Indiana Jones. I loved that effect. Then Mika came in that big red cage, breaking free with the English version of Bougez ❤️ What a powerful song that is, no wonder it was my favourite since I first heard it. 

Mika had changed the setlist to cater the Dutch crowds, because most of us do. Not. Speak. French. I did miss more of the new songs, but I was very happy to hear Origin of Love, Billy Brown and Lollipop instead. 🩷 Golden oldies, classics. 

Talk About You is still an interesting choice to me, but I do appreciate it more than the record version. Especially since I looked Mika straight in the eye as I pointed at him with my penlight, while singing ‘You're the only one I wanna talk about’. 

We had a fan action going on with thousands of rainbow hearts 🩷❤️🧡💛💚💙 It was quite the sight from the front😍 Great job to the girlies that did all the cutting at home and in the queue, Mika clearly loved it.

I can’t really pick a favourite moment, but it’s safe to say I was truely amazed at this concert. Really epic. The fireworks scared me a little bit since I’ve once had that stuff in my eye and got an infection from standing too close on a stage that had them, so I made sure to close my eyes when I saw they’d go off 😆 

I was a little disappointed that no one got to dance on stage during Elle me Dit, but maybe he was too tired to deal with crazy fans on stage lol. 

I loved Feels Like Fire, I usually prefer There’s no Time to Leave, but the way the visuals played into the song was really great. 

Any Other World was really really beautiful and I’m so glad he put it back on his setlist. 🥹 It brought lotsss of tears to my eyes because allll my memories since 2008 came by in my head. It’s been a heck of a ride. 

After that he went into We Are Golden to lift the spirits back up, which is just what I needed after that.

The gig ended with one of the Zodi & Tehu soundtracks which was really a perfect ending.

We went outside and decided to wait for Mika. 

It then got cold. Really cold. And later, and later.

At some point we made the deal, when Rian gets picked up, we leave too.

Then Rian got picked up, but then the trucks all started to leave, so we had to wait to safely cross to the other side. So after that we said our long goodbyes, and as soon as we started walking past that door, the band came out 😆 Which told us, ah he’s still in the building and the last to leave. Then one of the workers came out and we all had a little chat and he mentioned that if Mika is still inside he’d be on the top floor.

So I moved back and started checking the windows. And lo and behold, I saw Mika in a dressing room, ready with his cap, rummaging through his belongings. So we decided to keep waiting. The one thing that caught our attention is that there was still a security guard at the loading area. So we expected his ride to drive up there to pick him up. A few minutes later that exact thing happened and we all made our way over. 

Mika came out in the car and rolled down the window to receive the gifts. 

I didn’t get to say a thing because it was a bloody mess. Which brings me to the point of, if you’ve had your turn, take a step back to give the rest a chance too 🙏

But anyway, we waved at Andy instead. 

We then walked back to the carpark, had a very swift pitstop at the MacDonalds right before they closed and made our way home 😴 

I then slept for 4 hours because I had to leave the next day to go to Brussels!🥳🥳

I am very glad I didn’t watch a lot of videos of the other concerts so it was all just a big surprise, very pleased with that. 

I’m now gonna go write about Brussels before I get to Berlin. 😴😆

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, mellody said:

I don't know why they can't get the sound right everywhere, maybe depends on the venue?...  In Strasbourg it was fine, in Luxemburg it was too loud - I was in about the same place in the frontrow, just different sides of the stage. The support act in Lux had asked the mixer to turn on the speakers in front of the stage (these are new at Mika gigs, and I think it's them that cause these problems) and it suddenly got so loud that it hurt my ears. :no: I didn't have earplugs with me, as usually at Mika's gigs I don't need them (unless it's a festival with other artists), so I had to try to protect my ears with pieces of paper tissues. For Mika it was better, or maybe I just had gotten used to it by then, but I still found it louder than usual. Thought it was because the venue layout, as it had no seated area, but as others say the same of other gigs, it must be a general issue. :dunno:

Yeah I noticed this in Brussels as well! I could barely hear Mika over the music. The earplugs helped a bit with that, but there were many issues with sound as well. He couldn’t hear us, the giant speaker in the front literally gave out at one point and he broke his earpiece lol.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, mellody said:

This is sad and I wonder if they even know about this issue :sad:

I found this on Twitter earlier, from a girl who got to take the setlist with her after the show. Looks like we indeed got the set intended for the UK! 

20240402_015418.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Jaela said:

I found this on Twitter earlier, from a girl who got to take the setlist with her after the show. Looks like we indeed got the set intended for the UK! 

20240402_015418.jpg

Here is the link

GJ4E3VWXEAAJ2ke.thumb.jpg.f2d426dfd70a510705aecaac0da63453.jpg

• Like 2

PRESS

MOJO

MIKA vulde vanavond AFAS Live met zijn energieke hits en charismatische podiumprésence!
🎤 We hopen dat je genoten hebt. Check mojo.nl/mika voor alle foto’s en de setlist.
MIKA filled AFAS Live tonight with his energetic hits and charismatic stage presence!
🎤 We hope you enjoyed it. Check mojo.nl/mika for all the photos and the setlist.

MOJO_AFAS_AMSTERDAM(8).thumb.jpg.de80a57a56afcdb49ff2106ee39e3ef1.jpg

MOJO_AFAS_AMSTERDAM(4).thumb.jpg.1a2f20419f285741a3ed453339a7e12b.jpg

MOJO_AFAS_AMSTERDAM(3).thumb.jpg.4ec82464c4eafcac7aebd36105a70d2e.jpg

MOJO_AFAS_AMSTERDAM(6).thumb.jpg.f79fde4b4cbfcbda97bf473ffa58fec1.jpg

MOJO_AFAS_AMSTERDAM(2).thumb.jpg.e9c43f00328a1ae23283f35ed9d4d456.jpg

MOJO_AFAS_AMSTERDAM(1).thumb.jpg.aa8d89bb39cdd999290697ca37657136.jpg

MOJO_AFAS_AMSTERDAM(7).thumb.jpg.bde0a84c10ef40cd133660c2fbddc4d1.jpg

MOJO_AFAS_AMSTERDAM(9).thumb.jpg.6bbde3e68e0f3e649f541b58865b1177.jpg

MOJO_AFAS_AMSTERDAM(5).thumb.jpg.937806a8c3377b725609d5ddf1127f94.jpg
  • Like 1

I have a question for those who were at the show: does anybody know what was up with "the Hulk"? Who/what was that, because that joke did *not* land for me hahaha I was left very confused. Did anybody else get it?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jaela said:

I have a question for those who were at the show: does anybody know what was up with "the Hulk"? Who/what was that, because that joke did *not* land for me hahaha I was left very confused. Did anybody else get it?

Yes there was a man who screamed "MIKAA" very very very loudly and with a hulk voice. So MIKA asked who he was, but then that man never reacted again.... 😅 A bit strange haha

• Haha 2

Even though it's been already a few days since the concert in AFAS Live, but anyway here are a few words and thoughts from my side.

I totally enjoyed this evening and the concert from the first to the last second.:cloud:

It was only the third time for me that I was able to experience Mika live and this time it was something very special for me as I somehow managed to suddenly find myself standing in row 2 and being one of the Enfants Terribles :teehee:. We were standing  right behind the girls who had organized this unbelievably great fanaction during Talk about you, I think. Thank you again for it @MissBiscuit – that was so cool.

By the way, the sound was great where we were standing - I've read that many people complained about it - but I thought it was really good.

For me, this evening was just an absolute blast all round, as I said, to experience Mika so close for 2 hours was incredible. I've only ever experienced it from further away. The advantage of sitting further away is clearly that you can see the stage set in its entirety better, which was definitely great to expierence in Strasbourg. But it was great to see all Mika's facial expressions and gestures this time. This may sound stupid to those of you who have experienced this already many many times, but it really impressed me that evening.

This might sound a bit stupid as well, but what was also a small highlight for me was that Andy stood right in front of the barrier to get Adam just before the concert started. I love his podcast so much that I thought it was super cool that he was suddenly standing 2 meters in front of us in person.:wub2:

I personally liked the setlist very much as well (of course I wouldn't have minded a few of the French songs) - but I liked hearing Billy Brown and Good Guys live. And I especially loved the fact that my absolute favorite song - Origin of love - was played. I had hoped for that so much and Mika made me very happy that evening.

All in all, the evening was an absolutely brilliant experience for me and my mother, who I was there with. And even though we decided beforehand that we wouldn't film, but rather enjoy the concert, we ended up filming quite a lot . I'm posting our videos and pictures here for those who couldn't be there or were further away, because I always think it's really great to get to see videos and pictures from all the other concerts.... :)

20240329_210431.thumb.jpg.d96e56059b11ab9dd26218bc37c7b60e.jpgIMG-20240330-WA0021.thumb.jpg.741c2cfd863f2981e3b7df44607267e7.jpgScreenshot_20240330-000719_Gallery.thumb.jpg.39874385027338d95c405a47956f4cfa.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Marika said:

Yes there was a man who screamed "MIKAA" very very very loudly and with a hulk voice. So MIKA asked who he was, but then that man never reacted again.... 😅 A bit strange haha

I guess he suddenly got nervous then, probably didn't expect to be called out 😂

21 hours ago, Nessaja said:

........ I'm posting our videos and pictures here for those who couldn't be there or were further away, because I always think it's really great to get to see videos and pictures from all the other concerts.... :)

I just found a few more short videos, which might be worth sharing (as I'm still very much in love with this concert) :blush:

I loved this part in Big Girls with Max singing briefly....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PRESS

Festileaks

https://festileaks.com/2024/03/mika-in-afas-live-vooral-niet-te-kritisch-zijn/

Gepubliceerd op 30/03/2024

MIKA in AFAS Live: vooral niet te kritisch zijn

Amsterdam bruist dit weekend met tal van events die het festivalseizoen van 2024 openen.

De meest mierzoette daarvan: het concert van MIKA in AFAS Live.

Een kleurrijk spektakel waarbij alle middelen werden geheiligd voor dat ultieme doel: met een glimlach naar buiten.

Wie de kritische bril op zet, kan best wat afdingen aan de twee uur die MIKA hier (voorprogrammaloos) vult. Van de 19 tracks die worden gespeeld, zijn er 10 van de eerste 2 albums: de nieuwste daarvan kwam 15 jaar geleden uit. De overige 9 tracks zijn ook zonder uitzondering platen om afwisselend naar de bar en de wc te gaan. Echt relevant kun je MIKA daarmee moeilijk noemen, ondanks de revival die de Libanees-Britse popzanger kreeg na zijn presentatie van Eurovision afgelopen jaar.

Ook technisch valt het op dat de microfoon bij de refreinen van tracks als ‘Relax (Take It Easy)’, ‘Rain’ of ‘Happy Ending’ vaker langs het lichaam hangt dan aan de mond staat. Logisch dat je 17 jaar na dato niet alle hoge tonen meer haalt, dus dan maar springen en het enthousiaste publiek en backing vocals dat deel laten oppakken. De praatjes tussendoor voelen wat cringy aan: als we voor elke keer dat het woord ‘Amsterdam’ of ‘Love’ zou vallen pils moesten halen bij de bar (à 7,50!) waren we nu brak en blut geweest. Hypothetisch.

Niet te moeilijk

Maar goed, MIKA is hier niet om een paar snobs te overtuigen met het wereldrecord strakste show ooit spelen. Het doel van de avond is duidelijk: niet te moeilijk, wel volop dansen en meezingen. De kleuren spatten vanaf moment 1 het podium af, recht de lichamen van de stijf uitverkochte AFAS in. Over een gebrek aan inzet kun je niet klagen: tijdens track 2 staat de rasentertainer al midden in het publiek te zingen en het aantal outfit changes vindt zelfs Madonna indrukwekkend: we noteren achtereenvolgens een felrood pak met duivelsvleugels, dan een felroze pak, een goudenglitterpak, zilverglitterpak, een emoji-pak, lila bloemenpak, een delftsblauwpak , een pino-blauw verenpak en een wit-roze bladerenpak.

Naast MIKA staat er een live band op het podium. Dat geeft weliswaar wat vulling aan de stage, maar ze zijn duidelijk ondergeschikt aan de rest van de show. Heel letterlijk ook, want ze staan op een podium dat als een robotstofzuiger rond kan bewegen en op die manier passen ze elk nummer weer aan aan de wisselende decorstukken.

Regenbloogclub

Ook de rest van de show pakt uit met een dusdanig kermislevel dat we ons af en toe op Paaspop wanen. Niks wordt geschuwd: vuur- en vuurwerk, MIKA vliegend op decorstukken die uit het dak komen, grote karaoke-lyrics op het immense scherm achterin de zaal (alsof we de tekst van ‘Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)’ niet kennen). Twee uur lang wordt hier een sprookjeswereld opgetuigd en wie zin heeft om in de regenboogclub (er komen zelfs regenbogen uit piano’s) alles van zichzelf te geven, heeft de avond van z’n leven.

En waarom zou je dat ook niet doen? MIKA vat het zelf prima samen: ‘Het is vrijdagavond. Het is lente. We hebben een lang weekend. Het kan allemaal erger.’ Zo is het. Lach op de smoel, nostalgie modus aan en voetjes van de vloer.

Google translator

Spoiler

MIKA in AFAS Live: above all, don't be too critical

Amsterdam is buzzing this weekend with numerous events that open the 2024 festival season.

The sweetest of these: MIKA's concert in AFAS Live.

A colorful spectacle in which all resources were dedicated to that ultimate goal: going out with a smile.

Anyone who puts on a critical eye can negotiate quite a bit about the two hours that MIKA fills here (without support programme). Of the 19 tracks played, 10 are from the first 2 albums: the latest of which was released 15 years ago. The other 9 tracks are also, without exception, records for alternating between going to the bar and the toilet. It is difficult to call MIKA truly relevant, despite the revival that the Lebanese-British pop singer received after his presentation at Eurovision last year.

It is also technically striking that during the choruses of tracks such as 'Relax (Take It Easy)', 'Rain' or 'Happy Ending' the microphone often hangs along the body rather than at the mouth. It's logical that 17 years later you can't hit all the high notes anymore, so you just jump and let the enthusiastic audience and backing vocals pick up that part. The conversations in between feel a bit cringy: if we had to get a beer from the bar (7.50 each time the word 'Amsterdam' or 'Love' was mentioned) we would be broke and broke by now. Hypothetical.

Not too difficult

Anyway, MIKA isn't here to convince a few snobs by playing the world record tightest show ever. The goal of the evening is clear: not too difficult, but plenty of dancing and singing along. The colors burst from the stage from moment 1, straight into the bodies of the sold-out AFAS. You can't complain about a lack of effort: during track 2 the born entertainer is already singing in the middle of the audience and even Madonna finds the number of outfit changes impressive: we successively note a bright red suit with devil wings, then a bright pink suit, a gold glitter suit, silver glitter suit, an emoji suit, lilac flower suit, a delft blue suit, a pino blue plumage suit and a white-pink leaf suit.

In addition to MIKA, there is a live band on stage. That does add some substance to the stage, but they are clearly subordinate to the rest of the show. Very literally too, because they stand on a stage that can move around like a robot vacuum cleaner and in this way they adapt each song to the changing set pieces.

Regenbloogclub

The rest of the show also has such a fairground level that we occasionally feel like we are at Paaspop. Nothing is avoided: fire and fireworks, MIKA flying on set pieces coming out of the roof, large karaoke lyrics on the immense screen at the back of the room (as if we don't know the lyrics to 'Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)'). A fairytale world will be set up here for two hours and anyone who wants to give everything of themselves in the rainbow club (there are even rainbows coming out of pianos) will have the evening of their life.

And why wouldn't you? MIKA sums it up perfectly: 'It's Friday evening. It's spring. We have a long weekend. It could all be worse.' That's how it is. Smile on your face, nostalgia mode on and feet off the floor.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

INSTAGRAM

mikainstagram

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5VacHYoLup/

X ( Twitter )

mikasounds

3 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

INSTAGRAM

mikainstagram

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5VacHYoLup/

What a remarkable week on the road! Amsterdam, Brussels and my first show in Berlin for 12 years!

Now it’s your turn UK and Ireland!! I’ll see you tonight for a sold out show at the Brighton Centre!!

🎥 @adambgoodall

#apocalypsecalypsotour #brighton

X ( Twitter )

mikasounds

YouTube

MikaSoundsOfficial

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2